3865 Electric Rd
Roanoke, VA 24018Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.419-west.com/
- Phone: 5407760419
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm;
Lunch: Daily: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Ted Polfelt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full catering menu available online at www.419-west.com
- Private Party Facilities: 419 West has two private event spaces, the Backroom and the Lounge, which can be reserved for private parties, business meetings, and other event functions.
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Tedeschi 5407760419
- Entertainment: Live music Friday and Saturday Nights
A word from 419 West
419 West was opened to the public in May of 2002 by Roger Neel Jr. and Al Pollard, the same operators that started corned Beef and Company and Frankie Rowland's Steak House. The building, a former Shoney's Restaurant, was remodeled to the current state with the addition of a perfect dome in the middle of the dining room, a hand built mahogany bar, two private dining rooms, and a state of the art "open" kitchen. The kitchen features a wood burning oven, for our pizzas, and a charcoal grill seasoned with hickory chips, for our ½ Pound Certified Angus Beef hamburgers and St Louis Style Ribs. The style of food is considered American with slight influences from the around the world and all over the United States. Whether you would like a multi course sit down dinner or are just stopping in for a hamburger or a pizza, we have menu items to suit your wants or needs. We would love the opportunity to serve you, so stop by to try one of our simple yet elegant dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
419 West - Best Restaurants in Roanoke ›
419 West reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (16)good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (12)great for outdoor dining (11)great for lunch (10)vibrant bar scene (8)romantic (7)great for brunch (6)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)notable wine list (3)Show More
- tigerTigerDined on 10/11/2014Calamari appetizer was tasty but too greasy. Steak was cooked perfect. Our waitresses were very attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK - nice menuTomandReenDined on 10/3/2014The menu is comprehensive and pretty well executed. Most things were a little too salty. Waiter was stressed out - too many tables. Service was very slow. It was a Friday night, and the live music and the "sports bar" atmosphere at one end of the restaurant combined to be pretty overwhelming - impossible to talk at the table.Special Features:
- PdotVIPDined on 9/23/2014We were promptly seated at a nice table. The service was good and the food was prepared and served well. I had a pork porterhouse which I have never seen before, and was delicious. We would return if we ever get back to Roanoke. OpenTable was helpful in finding this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014My wife and I always come here whenever we have a free night away from our kids. The food and service is always great and we love the bar. The staff always go the extra mile to make sure you're satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 419 Birthday Dinnercyclerider52Dined on 8/23/2014This was the second time I had been to 419 Resturant in the past year. The service was very good with follow up visits from a floor manager. The food was good but the steaks were a little under cooked for my liking but was time limited so didnt send the steak back. They offer a decent wine list and have many local beers which I feel is good for all businesses. I will come again and likely stay away from the steaks. Seafood at the table looked good with moderate portions.Special Features:
- Sunday AfternoonOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014Normally a hopping place, 419 West was having a quiet business day on our Sunday afternoon visit. Service was attentive and efficient. Food was 419 West predictably good. All members of our group enjoyed their meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thank youyummydeliciousDined on 8/7/2014My son and his family visiting from China wanted to meet for lunch, your establishment was suggested by a dear frien and we were all delighted to find 419West. Service was warm and impecable, thanks to all the staff. The food was excellent and portions generous. We had a wonderful time and thank you all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceGKingDined on 7/21/2014We were blown away by 419 West. Our server Michelle was outstanding. She was attentive, knowledgable about the menu and suggested specials. The food was excellent and came out just as we expected. We found our new favorite place. Having been in DC the last 20 years, the prices were a pleasant surprise here for the quality we received.Special Features:
- Happy with my choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014The food was great, especially the bread pudding. The only negative is that the room was a little too cold for me.Special Features:
- COOKIEDined on 7/11/2014OMG.....food was fabulous.....will return soon to try something else on the menu. We had chips for appetizer (awesome) Chicken and Shrimp with hickory crème sauce to die for and blackened swordfish with pineapple salsa wonderful, it was our first visit and the manager brought us the chocolate lava for desert, that was an unexpected gift. Very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!capow45Dined on 7/11/2014I took my mother here, who is from out of town. It was her birthday and they were very accommodating and friendly. I had never been here either, personally. So it was a new experience for both of us and we both enjoyed it tremendously. Personally, the best part was the food. I ordered the steak, and it was perfect. I would recommend this to anyone.Special Features:
- Consistent high qualitysunsetdonVIPDined on 7/9/2014Visited here for a business dinner with a client on a weeknight. Nice atmosphere and friendly staff. The glass wine storage between the bar area and the dining room is a nice touch. We had broiled Mahi and Chicken with pasta. Nice pinot grigio and split a crème brulee. The cost was under $100. Note: I suggest you make reservations even though they usually aren't needed on a weeknight. The parking lot may look full, but it doesn't mean the restaurant is full. They do a lot of private parties in special rooms in the back of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SnickDined on 7/6/2014It was good to have a dinner meeting at a banquet room or a salone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 82 reviews are from the 419 West reviews archive.
- Good food not so good serviceTam183Dined on 7/3/2014I was very very disappointed at the service from this high scale restaurant. The only item the server brought to our table was our drinks. She only checked on us after we had eaten our food. The food itself was very good I just wish we wouldve been taken care of like the tables around us were. We may visit again but probably in the bar area and hope to have better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- turtle540Dined on 6/20/2014Delightful, very professional, understanding and caring staff and servers. Food was delicious and a good value for price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightSatisfiedDined on 6/19/2014I loved the food and the service. I took my wife there for her birthday and everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReminisVIPDined on 5/11/2014Was there for Mothers Day Brunch and felt rushed. No silver ware for 10 minutes after we got our food. Normally I enjoy this restaurant however after this experience, it's leaving second guessing whether or not we will go back.
- Dinning at 419 WestMammarussrussDined on 5/3/2014The food was terrific, I had the rib eye and it was cooked the way i ordered it and the mashed potatoes were smashing, Everything was well seasoned and the service was terrific. The brick oven smore's were a big hit. The wine terrific. Over all a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/2/2014Food was very good but portions were much smaller than you normally get at the same price point
- From Pizza to steak- great!greatcookeatsoutDined on 4/27/2014Four of us had a superb meal and excellent service. I highly recommend the steak choices. Even the side dishes were perfectly done. The asparagus was not overcooked. The surroundings and level of food are more in keeping with a much more expensive restaurant. Really good.Special Features:
- maestroVIPDined on 4/25/2014Other than the hostess' mix-up with 'cancelling' our reservation, it was an enjoyable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice RestaurantLadyDinerDined on 4/25/2014We had a group of nine. The service was great, but the food took over an hour to receive. I ordered the chicken salad on a croissant. My croissant was burned. The appetizer came out fairly quickly, but there was a lot of time between the appetizer and the main course. The menu selection was great. Prices were fair. Overall it was a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TuckerDined on 4/20/2014Went for Easter Brunch. Found restaurant slammed with people. Had to put us in the the bar area instead of dinning rooms. Disappointing as we had made reservations weeks in advance. Food bar had limited options. No rolls, eggs hard and dried out. Did not appear to be able to handle volume of diners thus foods were not replaced timely. Previous experiences good but this time was not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 419 BrunchTEA1Dined on 3/30/2014I very much enjoy dining at 419, it's a place we go with some regularity but it was interesting that they didn't have our reservation.Special Features:
- First time is the Last TimeDissatisfiedDined on 3/24/2014Our first visit to this restaurant will also be our last. The website, menu selection, ambiance, etc. eluded to the fact that our evening would be filled with delicious and unique foods and drinks. We were sadly mistaken. It seems that this restaurant was once a fine dining experience but is now little better than an average over priced flavorless waste of a good date night.
- Would never returnTJennyDined on 3/20/2014This was one of the poorest meals I have had in the Roanoke area. Dreadful hamburger roll, huge, stale, and bland, overpowered the poor unmentionable burger inside. French fries were almost raw, limp, and way over seasoned with some dry sprinkle cheese and salt, salt, salt. Beer selection was what I would expect from a Ruby Tuesday's or other chain restaurant nothing interesting for a beer lover. I would not recommend this restaurant and I will not return.
- Excellent, but loudRickCDined on 3/8/2014We went for a family birthday, and the food was outstanding allowing for choices for all age ranges and price points. It is rare for everyone at the table to enjoy their food immensely. Generously, they also included desserts for the birthday guests. However because of the room's acoustics the noise from talking made it nearly too loud to visit with the people in our party. This was nearly unbearable for my mother in law who has trouble because of her hearing distinguishing voices in the din.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialLampedusa7990VIPDined on 2/16/2014419 West is nothing special. Our server was super-friendly and helpful but the burgers were lackluster and somewhat dry. I cannot understand why this place is so popular? It seemed like sit-down fast food to us. Maybe it is heresy in Ro-noke to order a medium-rare burger? It is still Shoney's but with a bar and wood paneling. We will not be back.
- overbookedGoodfoodDined on 2/15/2014Had a reservation and were seated one hour after the reservation. After getting a table the service was wonderful.
- DisappointedChipsterDined on 2/14/2014baby back ribs very tough; blackened Swordfish tasted like it had been caught 6 months ago. Corn chowder with crab mealy & lumpy. Just very unsatisfactory.
- excellentluckyDined on 2/14/2014Everything was what we imagined, food was great, service was exceptional. Thank you so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceseoeDined on 1/25/2014Hannah was an excellent server. She was very attentive, yet let us leisurely order and enjoy our dinner. My citrus marinated Mahi Mahi was excellent. My guest enjoyed her Jazzbo. S'mores dessert was the only disappointment. Would definitely return!Special Features:
- Good location to meetCRTrackerDined on 1/20/2014The service was attentive and polite. I doubled ahi tuna appetizer for my main course and loved it. The salads are very fresh and the steaks are cooked perfectly to order. I have been to this restaurant many times over the years and find it a reliable choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodcyclerider52Dined on 12/31/2013Excellent food and service. We dined there on New Year's Eve and found the restaurant well prepared for the increased business. Wait staff was very efficient and friendly. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thursday night specialFoodie19Dined on 12/12/2013Went as a group of 3 for a business dinner. We were given the lists of specials along with the menu and server highly recommended them. All three of us chose the Blue Cheese Crusted Sirloin. Let me just say, that is the most amazing sirloin I've ever eaten! It looked and tasted more like a filet! It may have been an eye of the sirloin, but it was amazing! We are watching our calories 2 of our 3 opted for broccoli instead of rice, not a problem and good portion of fresh lovely florets in addition to the side of fresh green beans. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Office Party SuccessSatisfiedCustomerDined on 12/12/2013We had our Christmas office party at 419 and had a wonderful time. The service and food was great! The restaurant was a little noisy, but that's to be expected this time of year. Plan to go back and take my family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/7/2013IT WAS MY FIRST TIME EATING HERE && IM PRETTY SURE ME && MY 3 FRIENDS WILL ATTEND AGAIN SOME TIME SOON .. ITS WAS A VERY NICE EXPERIENCESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thankfulsimplifiedDined on 11/28/2013Went with a friend instead of ccooking second year in a row and was thoroughly impressed. Great menu and service. We had reservations and were seated immediately. The buffet was exceptional for the the price. Always pleased at Four Nineteen West.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Giving ThanksAlemyaDined on 11/28/2013I made a reservation so that my husband and I could eat in the dining room - not the bar. And we ended up sitting on bar stools anyway because, according to the hostess, they just didn't have any tables for two people. So, we had to sit right next to the buffet, right in the line of traffic, behind a table of six. They were a lovely family who pulled the attention of not one, but TWO servers continuously throughout the meal - without even trying! They weren't flagging the staff down, but the wait staff ended up at that table four times as much (we counted) as ours. Despite the staff being nearby, we had to flag people down for everything Food was very plentiful and delicious - the staff tending the buffet were phenomenal.Special Features:
- Thanksgiving Day reviewLindyDined on 11/28/2013People very nice and accommodating! Food was set up and presented very nicely as well as tasting wonderful!!Spacing of reservations was good because not all tables were full at once which kept the buffet from getting too crowded. Loved the Christmas music playing, volume was just right!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.