411 W. Franklin St.
Chapel Hill, NC 27516Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.411west.com/
- Phone: 9199672782
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday & Monday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant
A word from 411 West
411 West, an Italian restaurant in Chapel Hill, NC, specializing in seasonal fresh pastas, wood-fired pizzas, fresh seafood, steaks, and specials inspired by the flavors of Italy and the Mediterranean. Located on the west end of Franklin Street, Chapel Hill's main thoroughfare, 411 West is convenient to the campus of the University of North Carolina and a short drive from the Raleigh/Durham Airport (RDU) and the Research Triangle. The atmosphere is warm and romantic, and the staff is friendly and accommodating. 411 West is also well known for a great selection of wines and fabulous desserts made in-house.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
411 West - Best Restaurants in Chapel Hill ›
411 West reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (54)good for groups (46)great for brunch (45)special occasion (39)fit for foodies (38)great for lunch (35)romantic (26)notable wine list (19)vibrant bar scene (15)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (12)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014411 West is great for casual dining, special occasions, events, or even a few drinks. The service is great and the food is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server in a hurryFatherVIPDined on 9/28/2014We felt rushed throughout the meal...server was obviously unhappy that we finished one course before ordering the next. First time this has happened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice date night or small groupSpoiledDined on 9/27/2014Would definitely recommend. Always nice to find a place you'd like to go to again. Priced well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be very good, not anymorencmomof2Dined on 9/24/2014This was disappointing. We had not been to 411 West in a while, and it has definitely slipped significantly in quality and taste. After this experience, my husband and I both said we wouldn't be back. The service and atmosphere were nice, but it was the food quality that disappointed.
- A little less than usualOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014I've been to 411 West many times, at all times of the day. For this Wednesday lunch with co-workers (a total of 7 people) the table that was prepared for us was in an awkward location squeezed between a pillar and a wall with a huge floor plant making one of the settings impossible to access, luckily the table was set for 8. The restaurant wasn't busy so there were many alternative configurations. The waiter seemed to be in a bad mood, he wasn't rude and the service wasn't bad, but the service wasn't good and it seemed like he would rather be somewhere else than at work. The food was as good as usual and everyone was happy with their choices.Special Features:
- A Favorite Place!Smartmove123VIPDined on 9/23/2014This is one of our "go to"restaurants as it is consistent with its great food and good service. Often, if we just pop in we sit at the bar, but when we have friends in town, we make reservations and it's always a hit with our guests.Special Features:
- Great gluten free menu!KAV13Dined on 9/19/2014If you're gluten intolerant, but find it difficult to give up you love of Italian this is the place for you! They have an excellent gluten free menu--almost all of their regularly offered dishes also have a gluten free option. Including the pasta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DustinDbuttarsDined on 9/18/2014Excellent food. We go there for special occassions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Italian mainstayBernieVIPDined on 9/14/2014Always consistent with everyday Italian food. Pizza to pasta. Homemade and tasty. Service was professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best birthday dinnersCinthyaDined on 9/14/2014The food was amazing. I went their for my birthday dinner and had a great time. The desserts are really some of the best I've tasted, especially the tiramisu. Overall, a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 411 West, Chapel Hill's finestBillDined on 9/14/2014Excellent restaurant in every way. Great food and great service all at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the greatest serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014I hate it when 4 dinners of 5 come and the 5th doesnt come until everyone else is done eating. Waiter didnt seem to really care. Little things like checking back on you just didnt happen. Not for 'refills', fresh parm cheese on the tasty pasta, nothing. Ill try another restaurant on the street next time
- Great service and awesome pasta!DretaDined on 9/6/2014This was the third time at 411 and it is always outstanding! Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently DeliciousMaryDined on 9/5/2014411 West is a charming, cozy and delicious Chapel Hill gem. The service is great, the food creative and outstanding. Wine list is good and prices are very reasonable for such innovative and traditional fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first let down at 411EatAtJoesDined on 9/3/2014We have eaten there several times and always found the food nicely prepared. However two in our party of four ordered the Ribeye special and both were VERY fatty - not what we usually experience here. Two others at our table had chicken and salmon and they were very good as usual.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Constantly consistent.FatherVIPDined on 8/31/2014This is my constant go-to restaurant. The food and the service is always consistent. For brunch, lunch or dinner 411 never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Changed the recepieBuneDined on 8/30/2014They changed the recepie on our favorite dish. Very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Chapel Hill ItalBillyMacVIPDined on 8/23/2014we arrived at 6 and the parking lot next to the rest was full and one of the pay machines (of only 2) was broken so big line to pay-- we lucked into a spot and then waited 20 mins to prepay. Finally made it to the rest and was seated immediately. Service was excellent to Great throughout. A martini before dinner and we had good conversation. Beef Carpacio--was good but unlike any I ever had before as it was not thinly sliced nor was it raw (edges were cooked and it was thick sliced). Pasta was great and so was creme brulee -- all in all a very favorable experience and the bill was very reasonable to boot. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice MealBethzVIPDined on 8/17/2014This was a nice dinner. Nothing exceptional, Fair prices. good food.
- Trusty FavoriteOrganicSalmonloverDined on 8/14/2014Always a nice spot for reasonably priced exceptional meals. Friendly staff add to the experienceSpecial Features:
- letsgoVIPDined on 8/13/2014We have been coming here for years but noted that the service and food were a bit lacking on our last visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 411 is backOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014The ambiance and energy have always been great but the food had maybe slipped a bit over the years - but based on our dinner last night, the kitchen has taken control again and is turning out excellent dishes across the whole menu. The Mahi special was in fact, special, the pastas were all perfect, the salmon starter was HUGE and the service was friendly, attentive and accommodating. Great dinner for my son's 10th birthday, thanks 411.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten free kindnessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014My date and I both cannot eat gluten and we completely forgot to specify for gluten free pasta. Our dishes came out and then I remembered. The waitress took it back and even apologized even though it was our fault! They didn't charge us either! The food and service was awesome!!! Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service great, food not so muchOnceAYearRegularVIPDined on 8/8/2014I took a friend for her first visit to 411 West. I've been several times over the years. Seated quickly. Greeted quickly by a wonderful server named Boyd. Those were the highlights. Shrimp in the carbonara were overlooked. Chicken in the Marsala was not tender. Food was just not very tasty. Probably should have done the specials instead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodHemispherectomyDined on 8/6/2014The restaurant served as a suitable blank slate for a date, in that the restaurant provided no negative distractions from a good dinner conversation. Neither hunger nor noise disturbed my evening here. The waitstaff were courteous, such that a discussion that prevented me from reading the menu was allowed to flourish. 411 West succeeded not as a performance, but as a nurturing environment that allowed a night on the town to evolve. In other words, the only thing that I remembered from this dinner was talking with my date and good food, which can only be a good sign.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFamilydinnerDined on 8/5/2014Great food great service casual atmosphere. I had the weekly special of Mediterranean pasta and it was fabulous!Special Features:
- Evening MealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/5/2014I had not been to 411 in many years. The food, ambiance and service were as excellent as they have been for many, many years. My only criticism was that we sat directly across from the ac vents which were very strong. That's difficult when you're older. It was downright cold! Next time we'll ask to sit away from them. We'd also requested a setting where we could hear one another speak. By the time we left that was challenging due to the high ceilings, however, we knew to arrive early enough to help offset that.Special Features:
- Good Food!CaseyDined on 8/2/2014The food is flavorful, the service is good and there are numerous wines by the glass.Special Features:
- Modest venue, excellent foodManhattanStrayDined on 8/1/2014It felt like we were heading into a diner but the service was impeccable. The food was great and thought he décor was a bit dated, the menu was strikingly fresh and forward thinking. Eat here once and you will become a faithful patron.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulBurpetheadDined on 7/31/2014Really wonderful if you can get the special itallian room! Get there before 6:30 for the special room. Great food and wine at decent medium-high prices. Good alternative to the Lantern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice local spotScott77027Dined on 7/29/2014411 West has the feel of a family owned and locally operated neighborhood restaurant. The food is not sophisticated but very good and well priced. The service was friendly and efficient. I would definitely go back if my travels took me back to Chapel Hill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatitalianfoodloverDined on 7/11/2014Great food! Definitely recommend to others. Great food, great environment, great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- didnt meet recommendationsK2escottVIPDined on 7/4/2014While visiting Chapel Hill, family of 4 had dinner on July 4th...the menu had many attractive options, but the actual food was disappointing. My gnocchi tasted like tater tots...I couldn't even eat them. My salad was also bitter, lacked proper dressing and was just a let down. Cute atmosphere right on Franklin St. We skipped dessert and got ice cream somewhere else.
- Bright and DeliciousatinaDined on 6/29/2014The ambience is fresh and light. The staff was nice and seated us right away while on of our party was parking. I had the blueberry pancakes with warm maple syrup that were delicious...I couldn't eat all three. It is a nice place for brunch on Sundays. The pleasant staff is what made this a great experience. Would recommend it to others.Special Features:
- thewatt1Dined on 6/24/2014Our absence has been too long. still a great place, reasonably priced, friendly atmosphere, and lots of foodSpecial Features:
- excellentg8todineDined on 6/23/2014Great food and service. The desserts were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pitch-perfect!durhamite55Dined on 6/21/2014I reserved a window table for 6:00pm for my date and me, because we were going to an 8:30pm comedy show on Franklin Street, and I wanted to allow us time to relax and enjoy our meal and each other's company. As luck would have it, we were running a little late, and with the parking situation along Franklin Street being what it is I chose to use the paid parking lot next to 411 West. Before paying, I popped in to see whether our window table was still available, and it was! That was the first good sign. The second good sign was that our server allowed us a bit of extra time, without leaving us stranded. When our food arrived, we were very pleased with the flavor, the presentation, and the portion sizes. We had a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner5at5Dined on 6/21/2014411 is my daughter's favorite restaurant, so we celebrate her birthday there. We order great food, take pictures, post them on Facebook and thoroughly enjoy ourselves--usually leaving with left-overs (for us, not the dog!) This time was no exception. It was clear when we arrived that everything we had requested in our on-line reservation would happen. We got the time we wanted, the room we wanted, and a waitress who was aware of our every need. The lemon linguine and chocolate chess pie remain family favoritesFive at 5, but we're always won over by the first food to come out--the rolls and butter--none better anywhere.Special Features:
- NOISYOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/16/2014When we arrived we were seated in the side room at the window. Shortly 2 groups were seated in the room. They were very loud and we had a hard time hearing each other and there were just 4 of us. There were many empty tables in the main rooms. Next time I will request that we not be seated in that room when there is a party schedule. We should have been warned.
- Plenty of food and very goodbrant007Dined on 6/15/2014We went to 411 for Father's Day brunch for the first time at this restaurant. The service was a little slower than we normally like; however, the waiter did bring everything we asked for when he did bring it. The food was very good and plenty of it with no problems customizing orders. Glad we made reservations because the restaurant was full by 11:00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.