410 Bank Street
410 Bank Street
Cape May, NJ 08204Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
410 Bank Street
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.410bankstreet.com/
- Phone: (609) 884-2127
- Hours of Operation:
Currently Closed for the Season till May of 2015
When in Season, Dinner served Seven Days A Week 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Call 609 884-2127 for larger parties or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Caribbean, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chet Saign
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Small groups of ten to sixteen can be accommodated in the restaurant in a semi-private setting. Please call for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Nancy Saign 6098848884x
A word from 410 Bank Street
A winding slate path through overhanging vines and tropical foliage leads to the historic 1840 Carriage house. Slowly spinning ceiling fans stir the aromas of French-New Orleans accented cooking and fresh seafood and steaks grilling over mesquite. Envision yourself in New Orleans or Key West. In the canopied garden, or on the candlelit veranda, dine on the exotic cuisine of internationally acclaimed Chef Chet Saign, whose creations include local-caught tuna, swordfish and mahi-mahi in fabulous sauces, elaborate entrees of local shellfish & lobster, and the justly famous smoked, grilled and blackened steaks and prime rib. Beyond the menu, a dozen or more seafood specials are offered nightly. The helpful staff, coolly attired in 410's signature tropical batik, makes you feel like you are dining on a private yacht. One of ZAGAT™s "AMERICA'S TOP RESTAURANTS 2013." Please call restaurant directly for parties larger than 6. (609) 884-2127Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
410 Bank Street - Best Restaurants in Cape May ›
410 Bank Street reviews from OpenTable diners
220 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (141)special occasion (123)neighborhood gem (91)romantic (84)great for outdoor dining (48)hot spot (35)good for groups (25)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- End of 2014 seasonn2o2docDined on 10/12/2014Got lucky to take the family to 410 on their last weekend before closing for the winter and had another great meal! We have been three times this year. Food was great as usual and the service was excellent. Noise level was a bit quieter than usual, likely because it was a Sunday night in the off season. The food is a bit pricey, but you get good portions and save on the bar bill with B.Y.O.B. Will definitely be going again next summer. The restaurant was great with accommodating for our daughter's severe nut allergy as usual, with good knowledge of ingredients / what is safe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's run its courseJuv3001VIPDined on 10/11/2014We eat here once a year every columbus weekend and tired of making reservations and waiting 15-30 minutes outside anyway. You are never seated immediately and the food is over sauced and lacking spirit
- Is this a joke?BobbyBoyDined on 10/11/2014I was excited to find a zagat rated restaurant to go to during our stay in Cape May. When we arrived, I noticed the wait staff were dressed in kooky costumes and I thought, this must be a pre- Halloween thing. The place was cramped and loud. The waiter could not hear or understand our questions. At one point he just walked away. The food was nothing spectacular. I wouldn't say bad but not top 10 in NJ. By the end of the meal, (no espresso on the menu) we had coffee and left. Didn't want dessert. The joke was on us.
- mediocre dinnerPdooleyDined on 10/11/2014The restaurant was extremely crowded. We waited 20 minutes for our reserved table. We got a table next to the kitchen. The food was very mediocre. We left most of it on the plate. Would not go back.
- Dinner to remember!Ournightout07Dined on 10/10/2014My wife and I went there for our anniversary and it couldn't have been more enjoyable. Our server, Paul, was more than knowledgable and it felt as though we were they only ones there. The service from the WHOLE staff was timely and put us at ease. However the best part was the food. Highly recommend the Mahi Mahi and the Crab tomato Terrine for an appetizer. Bread pudding for desert was perfect ending to our meal. Portions are just right so no worries there either. All in all, we will be returning our next trip to Cape May.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteBlastDined on 10/10/2014410 Bank Street is consistently excellent. The waiters are friendly and knowledgeable. The Chef's sauces are outstanding! The creole, gumbo and voodoo shrimp belong in New Orleans! This restaurant is hard to beat! Looking forward to their next season starting in May. Well worth it....don't miss!Special Features:
- Always yummyGeezercoupleDined on 10/9/2014We return every year and we keep wishing this place was in our hometown. We look forward, always to our next meal there.Special Features:
- Delightful experienceFoodloverDined on 10/9/2014We were seated on time by the host who noted our request for a quiet table. The restaurant is charming with New Orleans atmosphere. Upon being seated, Ann, our server, greeted us and opened our wine (BYOB). She told us that evening's specials and left us to go through the menu. She retuned to see if we had any questions about the menu and we ordered. I had the red snapper in Provençal sauce which was done very well and the flavors were a treat to the palate. My husband ordered the Cajun shellfish gumbo file. He enjoyed it very much. The whole evening we were treated like guests and our needs were anticipated by Ann who also was very professional with a great sense of humor. We will return on our visit to Cape May.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 410 bank streetDandD47Dined on 10/8/2014Always a nice experience. Nice ambiance, good service and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely meal, excellent service.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/7/2014We had a great time, food was yummy, service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SueFoodDined on 10/4/2014Superb as usual. This is my "go to" place for excellent food and a wonderful surrounding. The service is always top notch!Special Features:
- Last chancecatwizVIPDined on 10/4/2014This restaurant will be closing for the season soon. I for one will be missing the always interesting meals here. Had the duck this time. Luscious! For desert had a chocolate cake, also yum. See you next spring!Special Features:
- Enjoyable DinnerPhutbwahDined on 10/3/2014410 is on the expensive side, but you're virtually guaranteed a great meal. My wife and I had our anniversary dinner on a Friday early in the evening. I had the blackened prime rib, which was excellent. My wife had the original steak, which was a little chewy, but the sauce was excellent. I will say the whipped potatoes managed to be a little lumpy in places but other than that it was hard to fault the food. My blackened scallops appetizer was excellent and the key lime pie to finish was just about perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious !NurseseaDined on 10/1/2014My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and decided to return to 410 Bank St. It was a delightful and devious evening from start to finish. Our server, Anne, was excellent and helpful in making menu choices. Both of our meals were excellent. We visited in early October on a weeknight, when the restaurant was quiet and lovely. It's a busy place in the summer, and likely on many weekends throughout the year but the food is always consistently excellent. A keeper !Special Features:
- disappontedluvbirdsDined on 10/1/2014we have been going here for at least 7 years and this was the first time I was disappointed in my selection. I chose the special pork chops which were huge but very tough and chewy. the sauces on them was very tasty and the mashed potatoes and veg. good. Free appetizer was nice and delicious. My wife had a salmon special and she was very happy and I agreed. I usually order fish here and in hindsight I should have. Super service and we love the building and we will be back.Special Features:
- OutstandingLinFoodieDined on 9/27/2014Everything about the restaurant was outstanding - I wanted to return the next night so I could order another meal because there were so many items I wanted to try. Waitress was great as well. I highly recommend it!!! We ate next door the next night at their sister restaurant Fresco. Great food too - would recommend it as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Seafood gumbo entree did not look at all like the picture of the dish on their website. Original steak with chef's special sauce was overpriced and drowning in too much sauce. Special mushroom appetizer was disappointing; like a mushroom gravy that belonged over a beef entree. Special oyster appetizer disappointing too. Very noisy and too many tables crammed in space dining area.Special Features:
- excellent!outaloneDined on 9/26/2014We love 410 Bank St. Coming from north Jersey we have experienced lots of fine restaurants and 410 Bank ranks right up there with the best of them. Food is outstanding. Server was knowledgeable and attentive without being intrusive. Lovely ambiance. Can't wait to return next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodGFfoodyDined on 9/26/2014Dinner was delicious . The waiter was totally aware of the gluten free comment I put on open table when when I made my res AND the good was amazing. I love it when each bite is a party in my mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe an off night?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014This restaurant has gotten good reviews and it had been recommended to us several times. However we were very disappointed. Everything had a ton of sauce on it, literally the food was swimming in it, and even the overall taste was nothing spectacular by any means. It is not cheap either so when you pay that kind of money, you want it to be great. Every course was disappointing from the appetizers to the desert. The best thing was the coffee. It had to be we were on an off night. Which every restaurant has however usually not with every single course. The waiter was very nice and knowledgeable. The decor and ambiance of the place is incredibly adorable. So in that regard they were fine. But the food – absolutely not.
- NjoyinggoodlifeDined on 9/24/2014A nice experience for a special occasion the diner specials were uniqueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RelaxinglessigDined on 9/22/2014We just went this week, so it's off season, which made it all the better.. Food, service, and atmosphere was perfect!Special Features:
- Sorry It Took So LongDisappointedVIPDined on 9/21/2014I have been aware of 410 Bank St for a few years. I am glad we finally made our way over. The menu was imaginative. The mahi mahi and sword fish special were both properly cooked and were coupled with excellent sauces. The lobster bisque was sex in a bowl, yes it was that good. The specials are more expensive than the standard menu, but for food this good, we didn't mind. I guess it's that vacation mentality. We're glad we finally made it over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An unexpected disappointmentAppoloniaDined on 9/20/2014Our party of six could not wait to celebrate a birthday at 410 Bank Street. My sister loved it in 2009. This September, however, proved to be most disappointing. We were crammed into a corner table with no room to navigate our chairs, as too many tables were placed in the garden room. It was so loud and crowded we could not hear each other across the table. Our waiter did not write anything down, so our orders were incorrect. When one meal was sent back for correction, it came back wrong again. We repeatedly tried to get the attention of our waiter, clearly slammed that night. The menu, grossly overpriced, had few options for those who do not eat seafood/fish. It would help if they cut their oversized portions and prices accordingly.
- Excellentmudd19Dined on 9/20/2014We absolutely loved this place. Lovely, quaint with fabulous food and outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JjhitzDined on 9/19/2014Great service food good but not great. Had a nice time though. Nice to dine outside if weather is goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for garden room or porchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/18/2014We usually are seated in either the garden room or on the porch. This time we were seated in the cramped inside room. (Yawn) Another couple who was seated in this room asked to move to a larger table because they were so uncomfortable. Service knowledgeable and friendly but not extremely attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different OpinionsCharleyDined on 9/16/2014My three companions at dinner at 410 Bank Street were more impressed with the food than I was. To my mind the chef piles on too many extras to the main item (fish,meat), which detracted from my enjoyment of the meal. The others did not find this a problem. Two thought the ahi tuna to be first rate.My other gripe is that no alcohol is served other than local (New Jersey) wine by the bottle. The day before I asked a clerk at a nearby liquor store about the quality of the local wine. She hemmed and hawed a bit, then said: "I always say New Jersey grows good tomatoes." I agree. 410 Bank Street does well for the most part. I just am not enthusiastic about my overall experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another winning mealBru1Dined on 9/16/2014My wife and I enjoyed another winning meal at 410 Bank. Rack of Lamb and Voodoo Shrimp were our selections. The lamb was fabulous and the shrimp had extraordinary depth of flavor. Our desserts were fantastic - Bread Pudding and Strawberry Chocolate Moose. Gina was our server - friendly and efficient Overall, it was a splendid way to our our 3-night stay from the excellent Mission Inn B&B.Special Features:
- pleasant experiencestwbybonbonDined on 9/14/2014Going off season is a luxury due to living here year round. Sunday in Sept. was a great night to try this restaurant. it was moderately quiet and did not feel harried. The food was good. Slightly overcooked the meat - when rare is ordered and it comes more medium rare and when med rare is ordered for lamb and it comes med (no pink color at all) it's a little disappointing - you would figure this being one of the "highly recommended and revered" restaurants in a town full of "foodie and highly zagat rated places" that the chef would be a little more on top of properly cooked meat. This is not a restaurant that I would go back to on a regular basis. I'm glad we finally got out and tried them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best In Cape May!BWAGSDined on 9/13/2014We had a change of plans on Saturday and decided to go out. After discussing a good restaurant option nearby in Avalon, my wife and I looked at each other and came to the same conclusion that we would much rather go back to 410 Bank St even though we had been there 2 weeks ago. It gave us an opportunity to explore the menu some, save for the mandatory Mako medallions as she had the Blackened Prime Rib and I had the Voodoo Shrimp. The food was outstanding again as always and our server Jurga helped make the night another special one. Every visit, year after year with outstanding choices and great service make 410 OUR FAVORITE dining destination in South Jersey.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The food is prepared and seasoned to give an opportunity to let it all shine through. The care in selecting the food and in the preparation shines through. Their key lime pie is one, if not the, best. We stop by to get it for take out! (the bread pudding was amazing too!)Special Features:
- Great Special Night OutgreatmealDined on 9/13/2014We made reservations for an early dinner. Glad we did. It was packed by the time we left. Because there were only two of us we were seated in a separate front section of the restaurant. Boy am I glad. The inside was packed tight with people. I will ask for this same section next time.. Food and service were excellent. You can either BYOB or order Cape May wine by the bottle,. We did order the wine and it was great. It is a bit pricey but well worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local GemLoumanVIPDined on 9/12/2014If the service was more attentive 410 would definitely be a four star. Food was excellent . . . Creative, plate presentation and overall quality from the scallop and asparagus appetizers to our tuna and swordfish entrees. Would definitely go back and hope to have a better waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/11/2014Have eaten at 410 Bank Street many times over the past 10 years. Food always good, and portions ample. Different combinations of spices, dabbling with Cajun, French, and American dishes, with their own twist.Special Features:
- Anniversary treatcoz74Dined on 9/11/2014The flavors of my salmon dish were wonderful with varied combinations . We come back here for special occasions and must visit 410 Bank when I'm in Cape May. My husband enjoyed his pork roast dish very much which had awesome flavors as well.The service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion DiningtomkatdinesDined on 9/11/2014This restaurant had good food with competant preparation and creative complementing flavors.Special Features:
- A Cape May traditionDanaluvVIPDined on 9/10/2014In Cape May, we make 410 Bank one of our musts. It had been consistently good and never a disappointment, until this time. Mushrooms served with a pastry shell was good but pastry was tough to cut. Scallops app was delicious. Though entree specials ordered were good, the surf & turf was swimming in the mushrooms and sauce, most of which was left on the plate. salmon special- I missed part of the description that said it was served with room temp vegetables, so I thought they were just cold, so were mashed potatoes, both sauces it was served with. Pecan pie cheesecake in praline sauce was an excellent suggestion and was perfect. We will come back again because we have had many dinners without a complaint, and well, it's just our tradition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique in Cape MayBaysideDined on 9/9/2014A wonderful BYO with a very inventive menu. 410 roots itself in Cajun or New Orleans cuisine. Many of the dishes are blackened. If have visited this restaraurant three times and have never been disappointed. This latest visit was the same. We started with a salad for my wife and I had the oyster special. The oysters were served with small pieces of fillet on small toasts with an amazing roumelade sauce. The salad was basic but good. We both had the blackened prime rib. Very good though not quite to the level of other meals I have had there. I have found that the unusual dishes are definitely the best.Special Features:
- Wonderful experiencenycnativeDined on 9/9/2014This is the third time my husband and I have been to this restaurant - we would love to be able to go more often but live in NYC. The food has been excellent all 3 occasions- it matches the restaurants we have been to in New Orleans. Service is wonderful with very knowledgable staff. The restaurant is in a charming house converted to a restaurant. Location is easy accessible with available parking (which is sometimes a problem in Cape May during the summer). All is all, a wonderful experience and we looking forward to going again on our next visit to Cape May.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.