410 Bank Street
410 Bank Street
Cape May, NJ 08204Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
410 Bank Street
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.410bankstreet.com/
- Phone: 6098842127x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Seven Days A Week 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Call 609 884-2127 for larger parties.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Caribbean, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chet Saign
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Small groups of ten to sixteen can be accommodated in the restaurant in a semi-private setting. Please call for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Nancy Saign 6098848884x
A word from 410 Bank Street
A winding slate path through overhanging vines and tropical foliage leads to the historic 1840 Carriage house. Slowly spinning ceiling fans stir the aromas of French-New Orleans accented cooking and fresh seafood and steaks grilling over mesquite. Envision yourself in New Orleans or Key West. In the canopied garden, or on the candlelit veranda, dine on the exotic cuisine of internationally acclaimed Chef Chet Saign, whose creations include local-caught tuna, swordfish and mahi-mahi in fabulous sauces, elaborate entrees of local shellfish & lobster, and the justly famous smoked, grilled and blackened steaks and prime rib. Beyond the menu, a dozen or more seafood specials are offered nightly. The helpful staff, coolly attired in 410's signature tropical batik, makes you feel like you are dining on a private yacht. One of ZAGAT™s "AMERICA'S TOP RESTAURANTS 2013." Please call restaurant directly for parties larger than 6. (609) 884-2127Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
410 Bank Street - Best Restaurants in Cape May ›
410 Bank Street reviews from OpenTable diners
285 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (179)special occasion (170)neighborhood gem (128)romantic (112)great for outdoor dining (69)hot spot (37)good for groups (26)scenic view (11)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (5)late-night find (4)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Great good and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Everything was perfect! We had crab terrine for an app, special cream portobello mushroom soup topped with bacon wrapped scallop, voodoo shrimp dinner and a fish special for entrees. Everything was delicious and service was good! We went early and brought a toddler- good timing- doesn't start getting crowded until after 6:30, so we had the outside to ourselves. Only suggestion for improvement are the plastic chairs outside aren't really fitting for the beautiful restaurant atmosphere. Great restaurant experience, will return again next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable food!GerriDined on 8/17/2014My husband has the seafood gumbo and I had the swordfish with a crab champagne sauce.. Both were unbelievably delicious! .But the blackened scallop appetizer was to die for! They were so fresh I think they caught them that day. Not cheap here but definitely well worth it. bit of a wait past our reservation time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dinnerKarlaLDined on 8/17/2014we have been going to 410 Bank Street for many years and it never disappoints. Try the blackened scallops, and any of the fish dishes. The gumbo is great. They had a special of seared tuna on etouffe that was great!Special Features:
- CMFoodieDined on 8/17/2014Wonderful meal. But they really do pack you in closely. We felt like our party of 4 was wedged in between 2 other parties.Special Features:
- Trip to Cape MayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Came down to Cape May for the evening. Got a last minute reservation and was very glad we did. Food was excellent. Plan on returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect mealcarsonreviewDined on 8/15/2014My fiancé and I recently dined at 410 Bank Street and would definitely come back! We were celebrating our anniversary that night and the ambiance was so romantic it was the perfect setting. He ordered the lamb chops which came with an amazingly good sauce. I had the seabass and would recommend highly! A the seabass was cooked to perfection and came with a delicious side of peppers and onion hash. We had a very knowledgable and friendly waitress as well. We love this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just average this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2014Very consistent. Beautiful setting, and very good service. We found the blackened scallops were too spicy have been better in the past. The food is rich and filling. We thought the rice was mushy. This was always a favorite for us but this visit it was just average.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special but not quietBigAlDined on 8/14/2014We go every summer and food remains excellent. Very noisy in some rooms. Also the reservation times seem to be a guideline and we usually wait outside about 15 minutes. The wait time for entrees was also very long had sense kitchen could not keep upSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do Not GoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014Possibly the worst meal we have had in 10 years. First, they made us wait over 20 minutes for a 7:15 reservation. Food took forever, we could not understand the waiter. Food arrived, 2 of the 4 meals were uncooked. Restaurant never apologized. Never tried to correct anything. Please stay away, the place is awful.
- loud and rushedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/14/2014Very, very expensive, given how loud it was and how rushed everything was. Wham bam thank you ma'am and back out on the street with the wine half finished and a tab for $165 for 2 people. Also I think the food is trying too hard. Everything was tasty, in keeping with Cape May's high standards, but the whole experience lacked elegance.Special Features:
- Great as AlwaysBonnieDined on 8/14/2014This restaurant is one of a kind and never fails to impress. The service was a little slow this time but overall the place is great especially those scallops.Special Features:
- Amazing food and service!kt29nyDined on 8/14/2014This was our first time going and we had a wonderful time after a large group with kids left. The food was amazing and so was the waiter. The only thing we did not like was that they had a kids birthday party there. This is not the kind of place for that. It was way to loud and the parents were very tipsy and just as loud as the kids. Out waiter was just as ticked off about it as we were. Even though that was the only bad thing we would defently go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014My favorite restaurant. The Chilean Sea Bass is unique and delicious.Special Features:
- Resting on its laurelssandyVIPDined on 8/12/2014Still cooking everything with heavy sauces and a "side of rice" this former gourmet has missed the culinary ride into the fresh and creative 21st century. Sophisticated foodies will be horrified as they struggle to locate their well prepared fish under 2 inches of chopped tomatoes and garlic and attempt to recall the last time they were offered a single salad dressing choice ...of raspberry vinegarette no less. I think it was 1997. Stale bread, cramped quarters, and old soggy carpet offset by exceptional service just don't justify the prices at this "neighborhood gem" that seems stubbornly locked in the 80s. There are lots of talented new kids literally on the block (no names) that should be a wake up call to 410 Bank.
- Always consistentTere56Dined on 8/11/2014We travel to Cape May for the past 25+ years. Family and friends gather and on a convenient week and we just keep growing. 9 of us chose to have dinner at one of my favorite restaurants. It's always a concern when you recommend a place that people are going to enjoy it as much as you do. Well there was no disappointment as each meal was delicious. Unfortunately for us they sold out of most of their specials that sounded amazing. They also took off their special te escargot that was one of the favs! Our reservation was at 8 so I suggest you ask what they are when you make your reservation and ask to save you one! Reservations are recommended! Best of all it's BYOB! The service is also top notch! Only opened seasonal so don't miss out!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- keelsterDined on 8/11/2014incredible orgasmic food experience. would definitely recommend...Special Features:
- Every bit as delightful as expectedPetite4Dined on 8/11/2014We had read that even with reservations, seating can be delayed, so opted for a 6pm meal on a Monday night and were seated promptly and served expeditiously. Very tasty Cajun-inspired fare -great tuna and avocado cerviche and even better Voodoo shrimp - would certainly return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2014Very good meal although the portions were exceptionally large. We brought half of the food home. The restaurant was very pretty and comfortable.Special Features:
- Not as good as I rememberTouristtrapDined on 8/10/2014After a few years of not coming to Cape May, we were very excited to come back to our favorite restaurant. However we were very disappointed as my prime rib was like a rock, the crawfish bisque lacked flavor and over meal was not up the $80 per person cost. The restaurant is cramped and very tight. Unfortunately another tourist trapSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014410 is a must for us when on the shore in South Jersey. The cajun flare to many dishes never disappoints. The specials are always outstanding. Smoked mako, tuna ceviche, oysters with beef and lobster bisque were exceptional starters. Entrees of blackened rare tuna, scallops with a crab stuffed lobster tail and a salmon special were prepared and served perfectly. Key lime pie and a special bread pudding dessert completed our feast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Year After YearNamrokDined on 8/10/2014Another amazing dinner. Have gone here year after year and never a bad meal. Always sit on the porch for a very romantic evening. Prices on the high side, but you get what you pay for. Highly Recommend Reservations.Special Features:
- Very Goog But...CapeMayDined on 8/10/2014The food is very good, well prepared and presented. The seating leaves a lot to be desired. We booked a table for two through Open Table and when we arrived were shown to a small corner table barely big enough for one. There were two larger tables for two on either side but we were informed they were specifically reserved. We ended up sitting outside where there was room, but plastic tables and chairs. Blackened Prime Rib at $50 a pop should come with a great deal more ambiance. I accept and understand that a resort restaurant open only for the season will be more expensive than the norm, but 410 Bank Street is really pushing the envelope.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the Wait, but Wish We Hadn'tCarol1303Dined on 8/10/2014After a decade of vacationing in Cape May, my family & I finally got to experience the dining at 410 Bank Street. This delay was totally our fault. We simply never remembered to make dinner reservations far enough in advance to accommodate our small family group. Trust me, that will never happen again! A phone call to 410 Bank Street to make reservations will be the very next call I make upon booking hotel accommodations for next summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UshiVIPDined on 8/9/2014Everyone who goes to Cape May will tell you to go to 410 Bank street. The food was delicious. I had the best shrimp dish My husband had the prime rib which was delicious. Can't say anything negative about the restaurant. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Not for us410BankStDined on 8/8/2014We had high expectations for this place as it was recommended to us. Unfortunately for me & my husband it did not work out for us. We ordered steaks and they were not to our liking. The food is expensive and therefore should be excellent. We had ordered a bottle of wine with our dinner which we did not finish. We asked for a bag to take the bottle to go and a manager comes back to us with a wrinkly, already-used, paper bag. My husband & I thought, "really?!". We were spending a lot of money here & were not pleased with the quality of food we received. We left with our stomachs filled with not-so-good food and less in money in the wallet. On a positive note, I must say that the Server was very good and friendly.
- Great food and serviceKatsavlisk922Dined on 8/8/2014Awesome experience even with our 7 month old son. They made me an amazing platter because I'm a vegetarian- 6 or 7 small plates. So impressed! My husband had a salmon and crawfish special and loved it too. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it has been betterchriszucDined on 8/8/2014Been coming to Cape May for years and always try a lot of different Restaurants, with 410 being a steady one we come back to often. I have had much better meal there and it did not rank in my top 5 eating places this time around. Yes, they give you a good size portion and the food was good, but not what I expect for the price I paid to eat there for 4 people. I felt this way the last time I ate there as well, and just thought it was an off day for them. Might be the last time I eat there while down in Cape May.Special Features:
- ExquisiteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2014My wife and I celebrated our tenth anniversary and I had the best meal in years. Everything was well thought through and the flavors we're amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealFabMealDined on 8/6/2014My husband and I had a wonderful meal this past week at 410 Bank Street. The service was excellent and the food was beautifully presented when brought to the table. Both our appetizers and entrees were generous portions. We would have stayed for a dessert had we not been seated directly beside a group who had been extremely loud talkers while dining. Overall we would return to 410 Bank Street because of the wonderful food and superb service that we received.Special Features:
- Best waitress everFavspotDined on 8/5/2014Our waitress knew the menu and specials like she had cooked them herself. She was kind, funny, conscientious and polite. She made the night, I wish I could just remember her name! The food is exceptional and the specials very creative. We head there whenever we go to Cape MaySpecial Features:
- 410 Bank StreetfoodiesforsureDined on 8/4/2014I was really looking forward to this meal, but gravely disappointed. I have had oyster stew in many restaurants including New Orleans. The dish they served was far too spicy and overcame the delicate taste of the oysters. We also had a drip from the ceiling air conditioner that dripped on one of our chairs. My main course of scallops was accompanied by a lobster tail which was the size of a cray fish. Although, a beautiful, romantic restaurant, we will not return.Special Features:
- Overrated and Overpriced.foodieDined on 8/4/2014Our waiter was preoccupied. He came to tell specials, but disappeared. We asked another server for bread, which all other tables had. Bringing it, our waiter said, "So you want more bread?" (We wanted some bread. ) Servers brought us multiple waters, none noting we already had it. Two of us ended up with five glasses of water; even my glass of ice was filled before I could protest. There was so much clutter, our waiter remarked, "Big plates, small table." Food-wise, I've had better mashed potatoes from a diner. Not up to par with other fine restaurants in area. Maitre d' is a young man who looks like he reluctantly donned a shirt & tie because someone forced him. Bright, noisey, tables close. Porch & patio available, but why bother?
- Great Dinner at 410 Bank StreetProgessiveRockFan1Dined on 8/4/2014Had not been to 410 Bank Street in a couple of years and we had a great meal. We decided to split an entrée for an appetizer and enjoyed the Cajun Shellfish Gumbo File which I have had a number of times over the years. Then for entrees we had the Florida Keys Red Snapper and the in season John Dury Flounder, both of which were very good. This year we sat in one of the side rooms in front of the house and it was a nice change of pace from the louder main dinning room. Our server was very good. BYOB so enjoy a nice sparkling wine with the seafood or a favorite wine with one of the meat dishes. All in all a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!FreddyDined on 8/3/2014Best swordfish I ever ate. The fish was fresh and cooked to perfection with a creamy sauce that was loaded with lump crab meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slipped a bitTommyDined on 8/3/2014Every time we're in Cape May we make sure to dine at 410 Bank. This time, we all felt it slipped a bit. The tables are really jammed in - that's always the case, but you notice it more after dining at other top tier places that provide a bit more room. Our server didn't mention one of the specials that we overheard from another server. The star of each entree was great (the steak, prime rib) but the sides were bland and hardly even room temperature. Still a top destination, but no longer 5 stars in our group's opinionSpecial Features:
- Not up to previous standardsDukeSilverDined on 8/2/2014After 10 years of visiting 410 on our Cape May visits, this may be our last. Since Chef Chang retired, the kitchen seems not to be able to maintain his high standards. Our reservations were mixed up, food orders weren't kept straight, dishes we have ordered in the past that were great were merely ho-hum this time.
- Overpriced and underwhelming1publicservantDined on 8/2/2014I took my wife out for a special birthday dinner. The appetizers were especially small- 3mjnute pieces of smoked fish swimming in a chunky vinaigrette sauce. And 3 shrimp shumai that tasted good, but looked deformed. Turns out they were $15.95 each!? We were insulted. I got the gumbo file which came with blue claw crab legs inside and no cracker to break them? Why not just use jumbo lump? The dish is $40 anyway? My wife got the red snapper in creole sauce. It was okay. Our server discovered I was a local and a social worker and spent his time sharing inn appropriately with me. I'll never be back.
- Capitalization of average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/1/2014We eat out very frequently and have a high level of tolerance for the nuances of smaller restaurants, but being seated at the worst seat in the place when it's completely empty was a first. When I asked if a vanilla coconut sauce could be kept on the side when I ordered the mahi-mahi and was told "No" pretty directly; was shockingly a close 2nd. My wife ordered the voodoo shrimp & loved it. Me; some how they'd managed to keep the sauce on the side (good because it was not appealing) but the Mahi was just ok. I can tell you our waiter was terrible, border-line rude. I wanted to leave after the sauce remark, but my wife didn't want to. I'm sure many others will have better reviews. Me that's the first & last time they'll get my business.
- Cape May QualityBSnyderVIPDined on 7/31/2014Our Cape May favorite. Worth the drive from Margate/Longport. Large menu selection and nice presentation to the eye, only exceeded by taste of the meal to the palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodAnniversaryDined on 7/31/2014My family enjoyed a delicious meal! The food and service was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.