410 Bank Street
410 Bank Street
Cape May, NJ 08204Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
410 Bank Street
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.410bankstreet.com/
- Phone: 6098842127x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Seven Days A Week 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Call 609 884-2127 for larger parties.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Caribbean, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chet Saign
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Small groups of ten to sixteen can be accommodated in the restaurant in a semi-private setting. Please call for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Nancy Saign 6098848884x
A word from 410 Bank Street
A winding slate path through overhanging vines and tropical foliage leads to the historic 1840 Carriage house. Slowly spinning ceiling fans stir the aromas of French-New Orleans accented cooking and fresh seafood and steaks grilling over mesquite. Envision yourself in New Orleans or Key West. In the canopied garden, or on the candlelit veranda, dine on the exotic cuisine of internationally acclaimed Chef Chet Saign, whose creations include local-caught tuna, swordfish and mahi-mahi in fabulous sauces, elaborate entrees of local shellfish & lobster, and the justly famous smoked, grilled and blackened steaks and prime rib. Beyond the menu, a dozen or more seafood specials are offered nightly. The helpful staff, coolly attired in 410's signature tropical batik, makes you feel like you are dining on a private yacht. One of ZAGAT™s "AMERICA'S TOP RESTAURANTS 2013." Please call restaurant directly for parties larger than 6. (609) 884-2127Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
410 Bank Street - Best Restaurants in Cape May ›
410 Bank Street reviews from OpenTable diners
360 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (227)special occasion (208)neighborhood gem (166)romantic (136)great for outdoor dining (84)hot spot (55)good for groups (35)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (9)notable wine list (8)late-night find (4)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Everything about the restaurant was outstanding - I wanted to return the next night so I could order another meal because there were so many items I wanted to try. Waitress was great as well. I highly recommend it!!! We ate next door the next night at their sister restaurant Fresco. Great food too - would recommend it as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Seafood gumbo entree did not look at all like the picture of the dish on their website. Original steak with chef's special sauce was overpriced and drowning in too much sauce. Special mushroom appetizer was disappointing; like a mushroom gravy that belonged over a beef entree. Special oyster appetizer disappointing too. Very noisy and too many tables crammed in space dining area.Special Features:
- excellent!outaloneDined on 9/26/2014We love 410 Bank St. Coming from north Jersey we have experienced lots of fine restaurants and 410 Bank ranks right up there with the best of them. Food is outstanding. Server was knowledgeable and attentive without being intrusive. Lovely ambiance. Can't wait to return next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodGFfoodyDined on 9/26/2014Dinner was delicious . The waiter was totally aware of the gluten free comment I put on open table when when I made my res AND the good was amazing. I love it when each bite is a party in my mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe an off night?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014This restaurant has gotten good reviews and it had been recommended to us several times. However we were very disappointed. Everything had a ton of sauce on it, literally the food was swimming in it, and even the overall taste was nothing spectacular by any means. It is not cheap either so when you pay that kind of money, you want it to be great. Every course was disappointing from the appetizers to the desert. The best thing was the coffee. It had to be we were on an off night. Which every restaurant has however usually not with every single course. The waiter was very nice and knowledgeable. The decor and ambiance of the place is incredibly adorable. So in that regard they were fine. But the food – absolutely not.
- NjoyinggoodlifeDined on 9/24/2014A nice experience for a special occasion the diner specials were uniqueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RelaxinglessigDined on 9/22/2014We just went this week, so it's off season, which made it all the better.. Food, service, and atmosphere was perfect!Special Features:
- Sorry It Took So LongDisappointedVIPDined on 9/21/2014I have been aware of 410 Bank St for a few years. I am glad we finally made our way over. The menu was imaginative. The mahi mahi and sword fish special were both properly cooked and were coupled with excellent sauces. The lobster bisque was sex in a bowl, yes it was that good. The specials are more expensive than the standard menu, but for food this good, we didn't mind. I guess it's that vacation mentality. We're glad we finally made it over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentmudd19Dined on 9/20/2014We absolutely loved this place. Lovely, quaint with fabulous food and outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JjhitzDined on 9/19/2014Great service food good but not great. Had a nice time though. Nice to dine outside if weather is goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for garden room or porchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/18/2014We usually are seated in either the garden room or on the porch. This time we were seated in the cramped inside room. (Yawn) Another couple who was seated in this room asked to move to a larger table because they were so uncomfortable. Service knowledgeable and friendly but not extremely attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different OpinionsCharleyDined on 9/16/2014My three companions at dinner at 410 Bank Street were more impressed with the food than I was. To my mind the chef piles on too many extras to the main item (fish,meat), which detracted from my enjoyment of the meal. The others did not find this a problem. Two thought the ahi tuna to be first rate.My other gripe is that no alcohol is served other than local (New Jersey) wine by the bottle. The day before I asked a clerk at a nearby liquor store about the quality of the local wine. She hemmed and hawed a bit, then said: "I always say New Jersey grows good tomatoes." I agree. 410 Bank Street does well for the most part. I just am not enthusiastic about my overall experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another winning mealBru1Dined on 9/16/2014My wife and I enjoyed another winning meal at 410 Bank. Rack of Lamb and Voodoo Shrimp were our selections. The lamb was fabulous and the shrimp had extraordinary depth of flavor. Our desserts were fantastic - Bread Pudding and Strawberry Chocolate Moose. Gina was our server - friendly and efficient Overall, it was a splendid way to our our 3-night stay from the excellent Mission Inn B&B.Special Features:
- pleasant experiencestwbybonbonDined on 9/14/2014Going off season is a luxury due to living here year round. Sunday in Sept. was a great night to try this restaurant. it was moderately quiet and did not feel harried. The food was good. Slightly overcooked the meat - when rare is ordered and it comes more medium rare and when med rare is ordered for lamb and it comes med (no pink color at all) it's a little disappointing - you would figure this being one of the "highly recommended and revered" restaurants in a town full of "foodie and highly zagat rated places" that the chef would be a little more on top of properly cooked meat. This is not a restaurant that I would go back to on a regular basis. I'm glad we finally got out and tried them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best In Cape May!BWAGSDined on 9/13/2014We had a change of plans on Saturday and decided to go out. After discussing a good restaurant option nearby in Avalon, my wife and I looked at each other and came to the same conclusion that we would much rather go back to 410 Bank St even though we had been there 2 weeks ago. It gave us an opportunity to explore the menu some, save for the mandatory Mako medallions as she had the Blackened Prime Rib and I had the Voodoo Shrimp. The food was outstanding again as always and our server Jurga helped make the night another special one. Every visit, year after year with outstanding choices and great service make 410 OUR FAVORITE dining destination in South Jersey.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The food is prepared and seasoned to give an opportunity to let it all shine through. The care in selecting the food and in the preparation shines through. Their key lime pie is one, if not the, best. We stop by to get it for take out! (the bread pudding was amazing too!)Special Features:
- Great Special Night OutgreatmealDined on 9/13/2014We made reservations for an early dinner. Glad we did. It was packed by the time we left. Because there were only two of us we were seated in a separate front section of the restaurant. Boy am I glad. The inside was packed tight with people. I will ask for this same section next time.. Food and service were excellent. You can either BYOB or order Cape May wine by the bottle,. We did order the wine and it was great. It is a bit pricey but well worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local GemLoumanVIPDined on 9/12/2014If the service was more attentive 410 would definitely be a four star. Food was excellent . . . Creative, plate presentation and overall quality from the scallop and asparagus appetizers to our tuna and swordfish entrees. Would definitely go back and hope to have a better waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/11/2014Have eaten at 410 Bank Street many times over the past 10 years. Food always good, and portions ample. Different combinations of spices, dabbling with Cajun, French, and American dishes, with their own twist.Special Features:
- Anniversary treatcoz74Dined on 9/11/2014The flavors of my salmon dish were wonderful with varied combinations . We come back here for special occasions and must visit 410 Bank when I'm in Cape May. My husband enjoyed his pork roast dish very much which had awesome flavors as well.The service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion DiningtomkatdinesDined on 9/11/2014This restaurant had good food with competant preparation and creative complementing flavors.Special Features:
- A Cape May traditionDanaluvVIPDined on 9/10/2014In Cape May, we make 410 Bank one of our musts. It had been consistently good and never a disappointment, until this time. Mushrooms served with a pastry shell was good but pastry was tough to cut. Scallops app was delicious. Though entree specials ordered were good, the surf & turf was swimming in the mushrooms and sauce, most of which was left on the plate. salmon special- I missed part of the description that said it was served with room temp vegetables, so I thought they were just cold, so were mashed potatoes, both sauces it was served with. Pecan pie cheesecake in praline sauce was an excellent suggestion and was perfect. We will come back again because we have had many dinners without a complaint, and well, it's just our tradition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique in Cape MayBaysideDined on 9/9/2014A wonderful BYO with a very inventive menu. 410 roots itself in Cajun or New Orleans cuisine. Many of the dishes are blackened. If have visited this restaraurant three times and have never been disappointed. This latest visit was the same. We started with a salad for my wife and I had the oyster special. The oysters were served with small pieces of fillet on small toasts with an amazing roumelade sauce. The salad was basic but good. We both had the blackened prime rib. Very good though not quite to the level of other meals I have had there. I have found that the unusual dishes are definitely the best.Special Features:
- Wonderful experiencenycnativeDined on 9/9/2014This is the third time my husband and I have been to this restaurant - we would love to be able to go more often but live in NYC. The food has been excellent all 3 occasions- it matches the restaurants we have been to in New Orleans. Service is wonderful with very knowledgable staff. The restaurant is in a charming house converted to a restaurant. Location is easy accessible with available parking (which is sometimes a problem in Cape May during the summer). All is all, a wonderful experience and we looking forward to going again on our next visit to Cape May.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThomasDined on 9/9/2014By Far - the worst restaurant in Cape May. Very short list of one brand of wine which was very of poor quality, food was extremely bland (No Taste), desserts lacked any taste and the whole menu was excessively overpriced for the value provide. The service was the only good part of the occasion. We will never go back!!
- Good was good butHungryDined on 9/6/2014Too many entrees and specials gone fr menu, blackened redfish should always be on menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointingBethVIPDined on 9/6/2014The noise level was so high that it was truly hard to evaluate the food. The service was adequate but felt rushed and impersonal. I am sure I will not return to this restaurant and will not recommend it to anyone. There are plenty of other great restaurants in Cape May.
- TracyDined on 9/6/2014Excellent service and food. Have been visiting for a number if years.Special Features:
- overpricedfpk1005Dined on 9/5/2014This restaurant used to be our favorite in Cape May - for the ambiance, the quality/taste of food, byob, and reasonable pricing. After about 15 years we returned to Cape May and our once favorite restaurant. The food was good, the ambiance, byob, and service were all the same...but the pricing was OUTRAGEOUS. At least we thought so for what one gets. (eg $ 3.50 for a cup of tea?). We would recommend this restaurant for a special occasion - and expect to pay top dollar. If you don't mind, then this could be the place you should try...Special Features:
- FlygrlsDined on 9/5/2014On time seating and food was delicious. Specifically noted a very attentive waiter. Looking forward to returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 410 Bank StreetOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014We really loved the food! It was excellent. We have been coming to Cape May for 30 years and never came to this restaurant. What a mistake. Friends recommended it to us. We noticed the early bird special and decided to try out the food that way. We will difinitely return and take advantage of the full menu selection.Special Features:
- Poor Wine ChoicemcsolanoDined on 9/3/2014The choices of wine are limited to local bottles - which are way overpriced imo. This took away from my enjoyment of the meal.Special Features:
- Quality and PresentationCigarsdglinnDined on 9/3/2014The food presented top notch some of the best presentation I have seen, this was followed by the great taste it did not disappoint. We had a really great dinner here and definitely would return and recommend this restaurant to everyone. The other unique aspect of this restaurant was a BYOB we thought that very unusually and they did feature local wines which we sampled a bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KolkiKolkiDined on 9/2/2014This is our favorite restaurant in Cape May. The food is excellent. You can't go wrong with any of your selections. Get there before 6 pm because they will run out of their "specials" which are very good. I had the scallops with lobster & my husband had the lamb which was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Cape May AssetmikeDined on 9/2/2014Ours was an anniversary dinner. We had the prefixed menu. My wife had the pork chops and I had the seafood gumbo. Both dishes were excellent. Our waiter, Joel was very nice and professional. It was a great evening.Special Features:
- Long wait & unbearable noise levelVacationTravelerVIPDined on 8/31/2014This is a fine establishment with great food. However, the noise level in the main dining room, when full, is deafening...to the point that conversation with my girlfriend was absolutely impossible. The management response, when finally asked about the unbearable problem: "yes, it can get rambunctious here when we are busy, but you learn to live with it."
- Overrated and under deliveredFoodhoundDined on 8/30/2014We ate there on Saturday night, after making reservations. Not much of a wait. Overall restaurant is very cramped, loud, and not aesthetically appealing. We were very disappointed after reading all the favorable reviews. Don't know where they were coming from. Maybe relatives! Was bumped numerous times during dinner by waiter as the space is very confined. Ordered scallop app ($15) which looked like 3 regular ones cut in half, that equals 6 on the plate. Salad was poorly presented and bland with nothing special. Lobster bisque was a treasury hunt to actually find any meat. For the ambience, quality, and service, much better to go to either Peter Shields, Washington Inn, or Union Park.
- EFeldhakeDined on 8/30/2014Great seafood. Pricey. Good service. Went prime time on 7pm of a holiday weekend. Some food came out slow, but server handled it in an appropriate manner letting us know the issue.Special Features:
- Great spotEmstarVIPDined on 8/29/2014Delicious selection, best soft shell crab ever, byob which was perfection. Outdoor seating best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BWAGSBWAGSDined on 8/29/2014We stopped into 410 Bank on Friday as we found an opening on the reservations and my wife and I had yet to visit this summer and did not want to risk a 22 year run at our favorite Cape May restaurant. We were seated on schedule and had Jurda as our server. She was very sweet and knew the menu and specials inside and out. I had the Mako Medallions and the Seafood Gumbo File which are my favorites and both were perfect. My wife had the Tuna Ceviche which was great but could have used a little more tuna and then the blackened Halibut which came out perfect. For dessert we split the signature New Orleans Bread Pudding and then needed a nice long walk. 410 has never disappointed us and remains our favorite in Cape May and the Jersey Shore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.