410 Bank Street
410 Bank Street
Cape May, NJ 08204Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
410 Bank Street
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.410bankstreet.com/
- Phone: 6098842127x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Seven Days A Week 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Call 609 884-2127 for larger parties.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Caribbean, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chet Saign
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Small groups of ten to sixteen can be accommodated in the restaurant in a semi-private setting. Please call for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Nancy Saign 6098848884x
A word from 410 Bank Street
A winding slate path through overhanging vines and tropical foliage leads to the historic 1840 Carriage house. Slowly spinning ceiling fans stir the aromas of French-New Orleans accented cooking and fresh seafood and steaks grilling over mesquite. Envision yourself in New Orleans or Key West. In the canopied garden, or on the candlelit veranda, dine on the exotic cuisine of internationally acclaimed Chef Chet Saign, whose creations include local-caught tuna, swordfish and mahi-mahi in fabulous sauces, elaborate entrees of local shellfish & lobster, and the justly famous smoked, grilled and blackened steaks and prime rib. Beyond the menu, a dozen or more seafood specials are offered nightly. The helpful staff, coolly attired in 410's signature tropical batik, makes you feel like you are dining on a private yacht. One of ZAGAT™s "AMERICA'S TOP RESTAURANTS 2013." Please call restaurant directly for parties larger than 6. (609) 884-2127Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
410 Bank Street - Best Restaurants in Cape May ›
410 Bank Street reviews from OpenTable diners
321 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (203)special occasion (193)neighborhood gem (142)romantic (124)great for outdoor dining (76)hot spot (44)good for groups (31)kid-friendly (12)scenic view (11)notable wine list (10)great for brunch (5)late-night find (4)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- OutdatedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014I didn't think this place was that great. Inside it's showing its age. All the food is drowned in sauces that my husband and I didn't care for.
- Always a treatOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/27/2014We can't imagine coming to Cape May without going to 410 Bank. The experience is always wonderful. The atmosphere is special without being fussy. The service is great, and the food is fresh, creative, and delicious. Deserts are stellar too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this place!Beachgirl9999Dined on 8/25/2014We have been here twice this summer and would love to go back. This place has a great selection of food on the menu and specials every night. We love the seafood, steaks and lamb dishes. And the appetizers and desserts are excellent also. You will not be disappointed like some other nearby places.Special Features:
- DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014Very good, good value, beautiful setting interesting fruit and vanilla hints in the entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDJRomanoDined on 8/23/2014Our meals were fair at best. Gumbo very disappointing. Thick roux, bland, overlooked. Prime Rib dry tasteless for $50.00 Perhaps this greatly rated resturant needs to reconnect with its beginningsSpecial Features:
- 410Beef2fishDined on 8/23/2014410 is off the charts. One of the best seafood restaraunts in the country. You will agreeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleased Again!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014We have eaten there numerous times and every time its been great! Get the mako shark app. Try and get Bill as your server. Enjoy .......and leave the kids home...lolSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/22/2014Absolutely fantastic. Food was as delicious as everything we had heard and the service was top notch, very attentive, and knowledgable of the menu.Special Features:
- Relaxing experienceSuzeDined on 8/22/2014We ate on the patio in the front of the restaurant. It was lovely and the service was impeccable. My entree was a bit of a disappointment though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014My husband and I ate at this restaurant on Friday evening. The friendly staff seated us in a dining alcove that appeared to be an area for couples. The service was prompt and the cuisine delicious! We plan to return when we're in the area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resting on laurels?aggieDined on 8/21/2014A lovely restaurant, with romantic, softly lit dining rooms, and lush, tropical-feeling outdoor gardens. On the whole we had a great time (this our fourth visit). The protein part of the food we ordered was superb-the blackened redfish moist, the Jamaican steak spicy and tender, the lamb perfectly juicy and rosy. The server was well-informed, unobtrusive and efficient. Our desserts were tasty. The main issue was the accompaniments to our main courses which were ill-prepared and cold. Leaden piles of instant-tasting mashed potatoes, pitiful little piles of amateurishly sliced vegetables which were HARD and ALMOST RAW, incongruous garnishes of carved yellow squash boats with a blueberry center. Come on, 410 Bank you're better than that!Special Features:
- CJRKDined on 8/21/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants in Cape May. We always plan on a visit when we vacation in the area. The food is fabulous and the service is great. The only drawback is that many other people must feel the same way and thus, the restaurant really packs people in. Table settings are very close - it's almost impossible not to converse with your neighbors! But the food is worth it - the desserts are intriguing and delicious.Special Features:
- BonnieVIPDined on 8/21/2014Perfect table for six, perfect waiter (Bill), perfect food: what more could we ask for?I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteLike2dineDined on 8/21/2014Each time we come to Cape May, We make a point to dine here at least twice. A fun vibe combined with food that explores tastes of the Caribbean, New Orleans, and other ports of call makes for a great experience. The waiters are seasoned professionals and make the dining experience seamless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food cramped seatingMojosDined on 8/21/2014410 Bank was busy but we were seated quickly. Our server ( tall, lanky , gentleman with glasses) was good but the server at the table next to is was much better with descriptions of features. The food was excellent and timing was perfect. My only complaint is they have too many tables close together. I mean literally rubbing elbows!! So whatever your tables discussion might be the two or three tables next to you are in the discussion as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JulesVIPDined on 8/21/2014Good food. Different flavors . Good with the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worthy of praiseOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/19/2014We were greeted and seated promptly upon arrival for reservation. Our server was vey informed and recited the specials in vivid detail. He uncorked our wine and gave us a few minutes to make our selections. I thought that the apps arrived in a sort of rushed manner. The soup was not served hot enough and had to be sent back for heating. That was the only glitch and the rest of the meal went smoothly. The presentations were impressive and our choices lived up to descriptions. I would suggest that they work on the pacing since we thought we were in a fast-food restaurant with fine-dining prices in the beginning of the meal. It got better after the app course. We would return because the food was really worth the drive to Cape May.Special Features:
- BonnieVIPDined on 8/18/2014Our annual holiday in Cape May always begins with dinner at 410--and it never disappoints. Think of the closeness of tables as cozy and enjoy the wonderful food. If spicy is not your thing, ask the waitstaff for recommendations on the less spicy food; we on the other hand never find the food anything other than perfect.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great good and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Everything was perfect! We had crab terrine for an app, special cream portobello mushroom soup topped with bacon wrapped scallop, voodoo shrimp dinner and a fish special for entrees. Everything was delicious and service was good! We went early and brought a toddler- good timing- doesn't start getting crowded until after 6:30, so we had the outside to ourselves. Only suggestion for improvement are the plastic chairs outside aren't really fitting for the beautiful restaurant atmosphere. Great restaurant experience, will return again next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable food!GerriDined on 8/17/2014My husband has the seafood gumbo and I had the swordfish with a crab champagne sauce.. Both were unbelievably delicious! .But the blackened scallop appetizer was to die for! They were so fresh I think they caught them that day. Not cheap here but definitely well worth it. bit of a wait past our reservation time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dinnerKarlaLDined on 8/17/2014we have been going to 410 Bank Street for many years and it never disappoints. Try the blackened scallops, and any of the fish dishes. The gumbo is great. They had a special of seared tuna on etouffe that was great!Special Features:
- absolutely loved itreliableDined on 8/17/2014my husband and i were in cape may for a long weekend and had done some research on where to eat. a lot of tempting destinations showed up but i am so glad we landed on 410 bank street. the atmosphere, food and service were absolutely top notch. food was creative, fresh and elegant without being pretentious. i've gone to all of the best restaurants in manhattan and this one ranks right up there among the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CMFoodieDined on 8/17/2014Wonderful meal. But they really do pack you in closely. We felt like our party of 4 was wedged in between 2 other parties.Special Features:
- Trip to Cape MayMaddieDined on 8/16/2014Came down to Cape May for the evening. Got a last minute reservation and was very glad we did. Food was excellent. Plan on returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect mealcarsonreviewDined on 8/15/2014My fiancé and I recently dined at 410 Bank Street and would definitely come back! We were celebrating our anniversary that night and the ambiance was so romantic it was the perfect setting. He ordered the lamb chops which came with an amazingly good sauce. I had the seabass and would recommend highly! A the seabass was cooked to perfection and came with a delicious side of peppers and onion hash. We had a very knowledgable and friendly waitress as well. We love this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just average this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2014Very consistent. Beautiful setting, and very good service. We found the blackened scallops were too spicy have been better in the past. The food is rich and filling. We thought the rice was mushy. This was always a favorite for us but this visit it was just average.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special but not quietBigAlDined on 8/14/2014We go every summer and food remains excellent. Very noisy in some rooms. Also the reservation times seem to be a guideline and we usually wait outside about 15 minutes. The wait time for entrees was also very long had sense kitchen could not keep upSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chrisDined on 8/14/2014410 Bank is a fabulous find! The food and service were both amazing! Can't wait to visit Cape May again.Special Features:
- Do Not GoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014Possibly the worst meal we have had in 10 years. First, they made us wait over 20 minutes for a 7:15 reservation. Food took forever, we could not understand the waiter. Food arrived, 2 of the 4 meals were uncooked. Restaurant never apologized. Never tried to correct anything. Please stay away, the place is awful.
- loud and rushedNicoleDined on 8/14/2014Very, very expensive, given how loud it was and how rushed everything was. Wham bam thank you ma'am and back out on the street with the wine half finished and a tab for $165 for 2 people. Also I think the food is trying too hard. Everything was tasty, in keeping with Cape May's high standards, but the whole experience lacked elegance.Special Features:
- Great as AlwaysBonnieDined on 8/14/2014This restaurant is one of a kind and never fails to impress. The service was a little slow this time but overall the place is great especially those scallops.Special Features:
- Amazing food and service!kt29nyDined on 8/14/2014This was our first time going and we had a wonderful time after a large group with kids left. The food was amazing and so was the waiter. The only thing we did not like was that they had a kids birthday party there. This is not the kind of place for that. It was way to loud and the parents were very tipsy and just as loud as the kids. Out waiter was just as ticked off about it as we were. Even though that was the only bad thing we would defently go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingGhostofrobroyDined on 8/13/2014My favorite restaurant. The Chilean Sea Bass is unique and delicious.Special Features:
- Resting on its laurelssandyVIPDined on 8/12/2014Still cooking everything with heavy sauces and a "side of rice" this former gourmet has missed the culinary ride into the fresh and creative 21st century. Sophisticated foodies will be horrified as they struggle to locate their well prepared fish under 2 inches of chopped tomatoes and garlic and attempt to recall the last time they were offered a single salad dressing choice ...of raspberry vinegarette no less. I think it was 1997. Stale bread, cramped quarters, and old soggy carpet offset by exceptional service just don't justify the prices at this "neighborhood gem" that seems stubbornly locked in the 80s. There are lots of talented new kids literally on the block (no names) that should be a wake up call to 410 Bank.
- Always consistentTere56Dined on 8/11/2014We travel to Cape May for the past 25+ years. Family and friends gather and on a convenient week and we just keep growing. 9 of us chose to have dinner at one of my favorite restaurants. It's always a concern when you recommend a place that people are going to enjoy it as much as you do. Well there was no disappointment as each meal was delicious. Unfortunately for us they sold out of most of their specials that sounded amazing. They also took off their special te escargot that was one of the favs! Our reservation was at 8 so I suggest you ask what they are when you make your reservation and ask to save you one! Reservations are recommended! Best of all it's BYOB! The service is also top notch! Only opened seasonal so don't miss out!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- keelsterDined on 8/11/2014incredible orgasmic food experience. would definitely recommend...Special Features:
- Every bit as delightful as expectedPetite4Dined on 8/11/2014We had read that even with reservations, seating can be delayed, so opted for a 6pm meal on a Monday night and were seated promptly and served expeditiously. Very tasty Cajun-inspired fare -great tuna and avocado cerviche and even better Voodoo shrimp - would certainly return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2014Very good meal although the portions were exceptionally large. We brought half of the food home. The restaurant was very pretty and comfortable.Special Features:
- Not as good as I rememberTouristtrapDined on 8/10/2014After a few years of not coming to Cape May, we were very excited to come back to our favorite restaurant. However we were very disappointed as my prime rib was like a rock, the crawfish bisque lacked flavor and over meal was not up the $80 per person cost. The restaurant is cramped and very tight. Unfortunately another tourist trapSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014410 is a must for us when on the shore in South Jersey. The cajun flare to many dishes never disappoints. The specials are always outstanding. Smoked mako, tuna ceviche, oysters with beef and lobster bisque were exceptional starters. Entrees of blackened rare tuna, scallops with a crab stuffed lobster tail and a salmon special were prepared and served perfectly. Key lime pie and a special bread pudding dessert completed our feast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.