400 Beach Seafood & Tap House
400 Beach Dr NE
St. Petersburg, FL 33701Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
400 Beach Seafood & Tap House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.400beachseafood.com/
- Phone: 7278962400x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Ana Davis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from 400 Beach Seafood & Tap House
Relaxed Coastal Cuisine on Beach Drive, located across from the Vinoy Hotel, with indoor outdoor seating overlooking North Straub Park and Tampa Bay. Trip Advisor rating 4 star. Featuring steaks and seafood, and daily features.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
400 Beach Seafood & Tap House - Best Restaurants in St. Petersburg ›
400 Beach Seafood & Tap House reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (78)scenic view (55)neighborhood gem (55)good for groups (48)special occasion (47)fit for foodies (38)great for brunch (34)great for lunch (30)hot spot (25)romantic (23)vibrant bar scene (21)notable wine list (14)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- Excellent PlaceTravelNEatDined on 10/16/2014First time eating here and it won't be the last. Service was excellent and the food was great. We sat outside on a nice night and it was perfect.Special Features:
- DebbieDined on 10/12/2014We had a wonderful evening. The view was great, the food was delicious, and our service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulAgabandersonDined on 10/10/2014Located on Beach Drive ( a very active downtown street ) with very comfortable outdoor seating. Service was great and very friendly. Food is always delicious with great daily specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nite in st PetemagicianDined on 10/9/2014Great outdoor seating for a late mite nosh. Good service food and ambiance. I would go back. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Artichoke appetizer was veryLisaDined on 10/7/2014good, I got the special which was Grouper and two scallops, the Scallops were delicious but the Grouper was dry and tastelss. I wasn't impressed, infact was dissappointed. In the past I have been very happy with the taste, quality and quanity of the food. We have a lot of business visitors who stay Downtown so the location is great to meet for Lunch and Dinner. This was the first meal I have had here that I wasn't impressed. In the past it has always been very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Outdoor dining venueGillDined on 10/5/2014Had a great brunch overlooking the basin. Food was very good, service was good and the setting perfect. Parking was a problem and had to park a couple of blocks off the Main Street, valet was also full.Special Features:
- Nice placeLaer721Dined on 9/19/2014We enjoyed dinner very much. The dessert wasn't that great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantCEFFDined on 9/17/2014This week's visit was just as good as the last time. Service was beyond excellent and the Grouper Oscar was outstanding. Never go to St Pete without going here.Special Features:
- Great placeAliceDined on 9/14/2014This is our favorite place in St. Pete. Every time we visit we come here. Sunday brunch is amazing.Special Features:
- Tasty TreatFabFromPittDined on 9/13/2014We found this restaurant through Open Table and wanted a location not far from the Mahaffey where we headed after dinner. Our meal was surprisingly good as we had no expectations but were pleasantly surprised. The prices were reasonable as well. The decor was very attractive. We would definitely return to 400 Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014Food was delicious and server very attentive. Atmosphere a bit noisy and definitely kid friendly ... Which works if that's what you're looking for. Overall dining experience - I will definitely return and would recommend to others. Not a white table cloth experience - but the food was top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!MargoDined on 9/7/2014Found this gem of a spot just walking by. Excellent customer service. Great ambiance. Great food, great value for the food. Can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't stop coming back!QuarterCenturyCoupleDined on 9/7/2014We live on the other side of Tampa Bay, but we come for brunch whenever we are in St. Pete. Would recommend to anyone, brunch 3 times in the past few months and we will continue to return.Special Features:
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014The food at 400 Beach is always good and that is expected with the average entree around $20. The service has always been excellent and I love the location. If the weather is nice, sitting outside is fabulous.Special Features:
- Feed all your senses!!noteztoplezDined on 9/1/2014For years we have come downtown to the farmers market, browse the shops and enjoy a meal. There are so many choices and have always been happy. We always noticed the 400 on our way home and remark that we needed to try it, this time we remembered it was there and went. It is absolutely beautiful inside ,remarkably clean, the large windows make for such a lovely atmosphere and the food is equally enjoyable. We were with a group where everyone had something different and all of it was appetizing to look at and I did not hear a single complaint. Our server, Dayna, was very relaxed and happily answered all our questions, the orders were delivered and she remained attentive filling our drinks etc. I will absolutely be coming back to the 400!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is expensive for little seafoodThetruthDined on 8/31/2014If you care for the look and the view then It is a nice restaurant, and beautiful view. If you care for the food so mom and pop restaurant is better food and lower price.Special Features:
- Best Brunch for Seafood LoversOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We have visited 400 Beach for several times for anything from special occasion dinners (Mother's Day) to date night dinners and family meals but went to Sunday Brunch for the first time in August. Even though the restaurant was packed and the buffet atmosphere very busy, the service was wonderful as was the selection of food. As someone who can't eat eggs - I was thrilled with all of the choices. The peel and eat shrimp and crab legs were my favorites - the guys loved the omelette and carving stations. Great Bloody Marys and delicious Desserts! Great food at a great price. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindJamesTDined on 8/29/2014We met out of state guests for dinner in downtown St Petersburg. Not knowing the area I relied on Trip Advisor and they were spot on. 400 Beach is an excellent restaurant,from the location and food, to the service. What a GemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and good peopleHfromRichmondBCDined on 8/24/2014Roaming through St Petersburg last minute and found this nice restaurant next to the chuhuly museum. Our waitress was excellent, funny, up beat and totally awesome. Food was great too. The salad Louise (seafood salad) was full of real crab meat and baby shrimp, crisp lettuce. Crab cakes were also an excellent choice. If you are around the area, dont forget to drop into this excellent eatery, nice place to have dinner and a nice stroll around the area after.Special Features:
- gem in st. petepatandbobDined on 8/24/2014We had the brunch. We had reservations and were promptly seated. Andrew was our wait person. Great service. Food was excellent. Buffet was promptly refilled. WE will be returning soon .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CruiseVIPDined on 8/19/2014I have been to this restaurant and the food is always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Afternoon DelightBobFTampaDined on 8/10/2014I always visiting a Steve Westphal establishment. He seems to know how to make them work. 400 Beach is that way, too. Good food, martinis and especially the early dining specials. The valet parking is required due to lack of on street parking along Beach Drive. The restaurant was not full in the late afternoon but was filling up as we left.Special Features:
- Enjoyable respiteFrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/9/2014A nice break from the usual fare. Good beer and seafood in a comfortable setting. An island of sanity in the usual Beach Drive hub bub. A great place to enjoy a nice view and a good meal.Special Features:
- ConsistanttomsgDined on 8/4/2014This is not my first time at this restaurant, and I find it to be consistent and good. The food is the highlight here- with the seafood being very fresh and well prepared. The service always seems disorganized, but not really bad. If they could get the level of service up, this would truly be a 5 star restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsCarolDined on 8/2/2014We have eaten here a number of times and the food is always great and the service is very good as well. It's always busy but the service doesn't suffer. Lovely view. Parking is difficult if you don't use the valet service.Special Features:
- Seafood and moreSMJAZZVIPDined on 8/2/2014We've dined at 400 Beach several times for both lunch and dinner. Food is very good, but service was a bit slow our last early dinner before a concert. The cuisine is good, but not off the charts. This is a safe spot for those who like fish and seafood, as the menu has a sufficient number of choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business lunchMJaymeDined on 8/1/2014The food was fantastic. My business contact that I met for lunch is a 3Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014First time to this restaurant.and I must say I was very surprised how good the food was.i had the seafood fettuccine witch was very good.my wife had the scallops with chorizo risotto and she loved it.only constructive criticism I would add is the bread was not cooked well it was pale white and for the main entree I they should include a salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charlieDined on 7/25/2014noted that it was our anniversary but they didn't seem to be aware or even acknowledge it. rushed to complete meal and free up table.
- Could Not faultTuFfyDined on 7/23/2014This is a really nice spot with good food and great service. This place offers good value for an enjoyable evening. CheersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that greatLorihelenDined on 7/23/2014We sat outside on a very pleasant summer day for happy hour drinks. The Mai Tai was so bad that it had to be sent back - we should have left then. The restaurant was very nicely decorated and comfortable and the service was satisfactory however, the food was not good. I don't know how a filet with king crab legs could taste so bland but it was not very tasty. My brother got the scallops and said that they were just not good at all. I was looking forward to a delicious seafood dinner during my visit to St. Pete and we were disappointed with this so-so meal. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- Delicious meal as always.SteveDined on 7/17/2014There has never been a dissapointing meal since we started frequenting the establishment. We are working our way through the menu with enjoyment each time.Special Features:
- A bit of a disappointmentPnutbut20Dined on 7/12/2014My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and wanted to try a different resturant. After being seated, we waited and waited and waited for service. Even though we were not in a hurry, good service is expected in a resturant. We decided not to eat dinner but just have appetisers and a drink. Poor service, along with a waiter would could not speak clearly ( but mumbled) disappointed our special occasion.Special Features:
- foodies beware cause this is goodcatloverDined on 7/12/2014Everything was so full of flavor from the moist mini burgers to the steamed mussels to the Louis salad, so good. Clean no fuss atmosphere. Outdoor seating and bar looked nice. Thought the prices were very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent varietyFoodie4LifeDined on 7/11/2014Had the lobster mac n cheese with iceberg wedge salad. liked how I was seated right away. Service was with a smile all the time despite being so busy that evening. I got my own booth immediately. Iceberg wedge salad was crisp and delicious. Lobster mac and cheese was very filling, very good. Only had half and had the rest at home. Great as left overs.Special Features:
- Totally impressedburner926Dined on 7/8/2014My wife and I took our first trip to St. Petersburg, and 400 Beach Seafood & Tap house came highly recommended by an online restaurant site, and lived up to the online reviews! She had the lobster tail which was delictable, and I had the tandoori spiced mahi mahi with orange cream sauce which was out of this world! We were completely satisfied by the food and the service! Would come back in a heartbeat!Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchQuarterCenturyCoupleDined on 7/6/2014We had been planning to come back to try the brunch after dining here for lunch about a year ago. We were not disappointed. We arrived shortly after 10am and the restaurant was still very empty. Food was amazing, service was outstanding, we enjoyed everything. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/4/2014Our steaks were a little overcooked, so I'd recommend ordering down a notch (or two...), but our appetizers were awesome. Service was also great. Sat outside and people-watched.Special Features:
- Great experienceAnnie13Dined on 7/4/2014We have dined at 400 Beach Seafood and Tap House many times. We are never disappointed. A great neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:
- 4th of JulyChristmasDined on 7/4/2014Went with my family to be close to the 4th of July celebration in St. Petersburg. We were very glad to have been able to get a reservation. The most memorable experience was our server Ashley. Out of 4 meals I give three a 5 star and one a three star. We will be back again to try some other items. Thanks for a great 4th of July.Special Features: