400 Beach Seafood & Tap House
400 Beach Dr NE
St. Petersburg, FL 33701Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
400 Beach Seafood & Tap House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.400beachseafood.com/
- Phone: 7278962400x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Ana Davis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from 400 Beach Seafood & Tap House
Relaxed Coastal Cuisine on Beach Drive, located across from the Vinoy Hotel, with indoor outdoor seating overlooking North Straub Park and Tampa Bay. Trip Advisor rating 4 star. Featuring steaks and seafood, and daily features.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
400 Beach Seafood & Tap House - Best Restaurants in St. Petersburg ›
400 Beach Seafood & Tap House reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (75)scenic view (58)neighborhood gem (45)good for groups (43)special occasion (42)fit for foodies (35)great for lunch (31)great for brunch (26)hot spot (23)romantic (19)vibrant bar scene (17)notable wine list (15)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Tasty TreatFabFromPittDined on 9/13/2014We found this restaurant through Open Table and wanted a location not far from the Mahaffey where we headed after dinner. Our meal was surprisingly good as we had no expectations but were pleasantly surprised. The prices were reasonable as well. The decor was very attractive. We would definitely return to 400 Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014Food was delicious and server very attentive. Atmosphere a bit noisy and definitely kid friendly ... Which works if that's what you're looking for. Overall dining experience - I will definitely return and would recommend to others. Not a white table cloth experience - but the food was top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!MargoDined on 9/7/2014Found this gem of a spot just walking by. Excellent customer service. Great ambiance. Great food, great value for the food. Can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't stop coming back!QuarterCenturyCoupleDined on 9/7/2014We live on the other side of Tampa Bay, but we come for brunch whenever we are in St. Pete. Would recommend to anyone, brunch 3 times in the past few months and we will continue to return.Special Features:
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014The food at 400 Beach is always good and that is expected with the average entree around $20. The service has always been excellent and I love the location. If the weather is nice, sitting outside is fabulous.Special Features:
- Feed all your senses!!noteztoplezDined on 9/1/2014For years we have come downtown to the farmers market, browse the shops and enjoy a meal. There are so many choices and have always been happy. We always noticed the 400 on our way home and remark that we needed to try it, this time we remembered it was there and went. It is absolutely beautiful inside ,remarkably clean, the large windows make for such a lovely atmosphere and the food is equally enjoyable. We were with a group where everyone had something different and all of it was appetizing to look at and I did not hear a single complaint. Our server, Dayna, was very relaxed and happily answered all our questions, the orders were delivered and she remained attentive filling our drinks etc. I will absolutely be coming back to the 400!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is expensive for little seafoodThetruthDined on 8/31/2014If you care for the look and the view then It is a nice restaurant, and beautiful view. If you care for the food so mom and pop restaurant is better food and lower price.Special Features:
- Great FindJamesTDined on 8/29/2014We met out of state guests for dinner in downtown St Petersburg. Not knowing the area I relied on Trip Advisor and they were spot on. 400 Beach is an excellent restaurant,from the location and food, to the service. What a GemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and good peopleHfromRichmondBCDined on 8/24/2014Roaming through St Petersburg last minute and found this nice restaurant next to the chuhuly museum. Our waitress was excellent, funny, up beat and totally awesome. Food was great too. The salad Louise (seafood salad) was full of real crab meat and baby shrimp, crisp lettuce. Crab cakes were also an excellent choice. If you are around the area, dont forget to drop into this excellent eatery, nice place to have dinner and a nice stroll around the area after.Special Features:
- gem in st. petepatandbobDined on 8/24/2014We had the brunch. We had reservations and were promptly seated. Andrew was our wait person. Great service. Food was excellent. Buffet was promptly refilled. WE will be returning soon .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CruiseVIPDined on 8/19/2014I have been to this restaurant and the food is always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Afternoon DelightBobFTampaDined on 8/10/2014I always visiting a Steve Westphal establishment. He seems to know how to make them work. 400 Beach is that way, too. Good food, martinis and especially the early dining specials. The valet parking is required due to lack of on street parking along Beach Drive. The restaurant was not full in the late afternoon but was filling up as we left.Special Features:
- Enjoyable respiteFrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/9/2014A nice break from the usual fare. Good beer and seafood in a comfortable setting. An island of sanity in the usual Beach Drive hub bub. A great place to enjoy a nice view and a good meal.Special Features:
- ConsistanttomsgDined on 8/4/2014This is not my first time at this restaurant, and I find it to be consistent and good. The food is the highlight here- with the seafood being very fresh and well prepared. The service always seems disorganized, but not really bad. If they could get the level of service up, this would truly be a 5 star restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsCarolDined on 8/2/2014We have eaten here a number of times and the food is always great and the service is very good as well. It's always busy but the service doesn't suffer. Lovely view. Parking is difficult if you don't use the valet service.Special Features:
- Seafood and moreSMJAZZDined on 8/2/2014We've dined at 400 Beach several times for both lunch and dinner. Food is very good, but service was a bit slow our last early dinner before a concert. The cuisine is good, but not off the charts. This is a safe spot for those who like fish and seafood, as the menu has a sufficient number of choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business lunchMJaymeDined on 8/1/2014The food was fantastic. My business contact that I met for lunch is a 3Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014First time to this restaurant.and I must say I was very surprised how good the food was.i had the seafood fettuccine witch was very good.my wife had the scallops with chorizo risotto and she loved it.only constructive criticism I would add is the bread was not cooked well it was pale white and for the main entree I they should include a salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charlieDined on 7/25/2014noted that it was our anniversary but they didn't seem to be aware or even acknowledge it. rushed to complete meal and free up table.
- Could Not faultTuFfyDined on 7/23/2014This is a really nice spot with good food and great service. This place offers good value for an enjoyable evening. CheersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that greatLorihelenDined on 7/23/2014We sat outside on a very pleasant summer day for happy hour drinks. The Mai Tai was so bad that it had to be sent back - we should have left then. The restaurant was very nicely decorated and comfortable and the service was satisfactory however, the food was not good. I don't know how a filet with king crab legs could taste so bland but it was not very tasty. My brother got the scallops and said that they were just not good at all. I was looking forward to a delicious seafood dinner during my visit to St. Pete and we were disappointed with this so-so meal. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- Delicious meal as always.SteveDined on 7/17/2014There has never been a dissapointing meal since we started frequenting the establishment. We are working our way through the menu with enjoyment each time.Special Features:
- A bit of a disappointmentPnutbut20Dined on 7/12/2014My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and wanted to try a different resturant. After being seated, we waited and waited and waited for service. Even though we were not in a hurry, good service is expected in a resturant. We decided not to eat dinner but just have appetisers and a drink. Poor service, along with a waiter would could not speak clearly ( but mumbled) disappointed our special occasion.Special Features:
- foodies beware cause this is goodcatloverDined on 7/12/2014Everything was so full of flavor from the moist mini burgers to the steamed mussels to the Louis salad, so good. Clean no fuss atmosphere. Outdoor seating and bar looked nice. Thought the prices were very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent varietyFoodie4LifeDined on 7/11/2014Had the lobster mac n cheese with iceberg wedge salad. liked how I was seated right away. Service was with a smile all the time despite being so busy that evening. I got my own booth immediately. Iceberg wedge salad was crisp and delicious. Lobster mac and cheese was very filling, very good. Only had half and had the rest at home. Great as left overs.Special Features:
- Totally impressedburner926Dined on 7/8/2014My wife and I took our first trip to St. Petersburg, and 400 Beach Seafood & Tap house came highly recommended by an online restaurant site, and lived up to the online reviews! She had the lobster tail which was delictable, and I had the tandoori spiced mahi mahi with orange cream sauce which was out of this world! We were completely satisfied by the food and the service! Would come back in a heartbeat!Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchQuarterCenturyCoupleDined on 7/6/2014We had been planning to come back to try the brunch after dining here for lunch about a year ago. We were not disappointed. We arrived shortly after 10am and the restaurant was still very empty. Food was amazing, service was outstanding, we enjoyed everything. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/4/2014Our steaks were a little overcooked, so I'd recommend ordering down a notch (or two...), but our appetizers were awesome. Service was also great. Sat outside and people-watched.Special Features:
- Great experienceAnnie13Dined on 7/4/2014We have dined at 400 Beach Seafood and Tap House many times. We are never disappointed. A great neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:
- 4th of JulyChristmasDined on 7/4/2014Went with my family to be close to the 4th of July celebration in St. Petersburg. We were very glad to have been able to get a reservation. The most memorable experience was our server Ashley. Out of 4 meals I give three a 5 star and one a three star. We will be back again to try some other items. Thanks for a great 4th of July.Special Features:
- Dont miss thisAdomarVIPDined on 6/28/2014You never expect to find a high quality restaurant on a street packed with tourists in a Downtown area, but in this case it is a big exception. Thank you to The Hilton concierge that recommended us this excellent place.Special Features:
- Great place!JulianaPDined on 6/27/2014Great place to eat, good food, variety and very good location. Places next to window and outside have a beautiful view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!KeeperdubsDined on 6/27/2014I definitely would return to try more dishes. Service was well-timed and friendly, wines were affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaisleyVIPDined on 6/27/2014They have every seafood item you can imagine, all prepared excellent. Great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday GuyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2014Went here with a reservation on a summer Friday night. We got right in & had one of the most enjoyable dinners ever. Our server was nothing short of perfect, the food was very delicious, although the portions were a bit small. The atmosphere was relaxing & peaceful, with an ocean tic twist. Would definitely recommend & go again. P.s the bathrooms smelled amazing :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food, poor serviceIvanaxDined on 6/26/2014We had reservations for dinner at 7:45 PM, arrived 15 minutes early and we were sat right away. However, they did not check us in as Open Table members.Staff is lack of energy and motivation.They got my order wrong, but re-made it with no issue. Nice place, beautiful view but lots of mosquitos around the table/food. There are good restaurants a short walk away with better food.Special Features:
- Great FoodPauldDined on 6/23/2014Food was great but very loud not good for just talking to your table mates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/23/2014Crab cakes were pasty and the grouper was a tad overcooked. Wait staff was very friendly and attentive
- Great location for outdoor diningalfrescofiendsDined on 6/21/2014We love to eat al fresco and this is one of the best locations for it. Also the food is great and the service the best. The ambience both in the restaurant and on the patio, is sophisticated but yet calm, casual and welcoming. Strikes a nice relaxing balance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food ok, atmosphere lackingSorryDined on 6/18/2014We had a party of 7 that we had made reservations and specifically asked for a quiet area. When we were seated, we were placed in the larger room that had a party of about 40 people, the noise was deafening. We could not talk and it spoiled the evening. The management should have realized that the crowd was going to be noisy and place them in the other room. OR, placed us in the other area. We complained about the placement and was practically told "sorry" but that was it. No, effort to move us, no free round on us, nothing. I will not make reservations for businesses or a social dinner there again.Special Features: