Saint-Sauveur, QC J0R1R5Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.40northh.com/
- Phone: 4502276673
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer off-site catering for groups. Our chefs will prepare and cook your favorite 40 Northh meals at site of your choosing. Wait staff can also be included.
- Private Party Facilities: We have 2 private rooms for group dining.
- Private Party Contact: Dimas 4502276673
A word from 40 Northh
Come discover 40 Northh, Saint Sauveur's newest and finest dining experience. 40 Northh is nestled in the heart of the Laurentian village of Saint Sauveur, the world's largest night time ski slopes and most popular tourist destination in Quebec. 40 Northh combines fine dining with a laid back country feel in a warm and cozy atmosphere with great mountain views. Our establishment serves the finest corn-fed beef under our own 40 Northh BELVEDERE BRAND label. We DRY AGE our product for 3 to 4 weeks in our state of the art temperature controlled meat lockers. 40 Northh features a great selection of Martinis, wines from our world class wine cellar and delectable lunchtime table d'hôte .Come enjoy the sights and sounds of our dining room and bar. Whether you're enjoying a succulent steak, sampling our freshly shucked oysters, indulging on one of our sinful desserts or just chilling out in our welcoming and spacious bar; 40 Northh has all the ingredients for a memorable time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
40 Northh - Best Restaurants in Saint-Sauveur ›
40 Northh reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
romantic (5)special occasion (3)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great meal!!!Dig2dineDined on 8/9/2014The restaurant is great for fine dining although it usnt as good as 40 west. There was many items on the menu that was unavailable. The ambiance is nice and romantic but the service was lacking a little curtesy. Great dining with a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great!FrequentrestauranterVIPDined on 7/12/2014We have been to 40 Northh a number of times. We ordered the Caesar salad to start. The dressing was not great and there were only two croutons on the salad.My wife ordered the Veal chop and the taste of the meat for this type of restaurant was sub standard. The Rack of Lamb that I had did not compare to the one I had at 40 Westt in Montreal two weeks before nor did the sauce that came with it. Also, the service from the kitchen was very slow which the waiter apologized for. Also for a Saturday night, the restaurant was not full which was surprising. On top of the poor tasting meal, there were two very loud tables beside us where people were almost shouting. Overall, it was not a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- steakstubesteakDined on 7/10/2014well first round of steak we ordered medium rare both came back well done.I eat and cook high end steak all the time thought i was going to have a 40 west experience BOY WAS I WRONG. just a average steakhouse anybody can easily make better steak at home! oh yeah second steak were cooked perfect but had to cut away a lot of FAT AND MORE FAT!Special Features:
- Up to par!Married2aChefDined on 5/17/2014The service was way up where you expect it to be, from valet to the valet. The thought of those scallops makes me crave for more. The 21 once Cowboy steak was fit for a king or two. Not our last vist for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 45 reviews are from the 40 Northh reviews archive.
- Food very ordinary with notvalentinedinnerDined on 2/14/2014Food very ordinary with not much flavors. Over price with the quality of food served but very good service.. Simply way overrated. First time around was so much better but this time around, quality (flavor especially)
- service plusOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014we picked a snowy night to try out 40 north - service started by a valet service with a smile, over the top reception and we were quickly put at our perfect table with our coats removed by the hostess. food and wine was perfect. the view and location is perfect. our wait staff had the service business down to an art. very professional and knowledgeable - we were a little worried as we have a really active 2 year old but they were so good with him. this is our third trip to Sauveur and we would not miss this experience each time we go. great spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing foodPatrickDined on 12/22/2013This restaurant came recommended to me. We were four people for dinner. The appetizers were fair (fresh seafood was a little tough) but crab cakes were good. The steaks at main courses were disappointing. All the steaks came with too much rub or spices which killed the taste of the meat (was so salty that we all woke up thirsty during the night). One of the rare steak was served medium. We took two filets and two rib eyes with bone. For this price point, the steaks were of the quality of a cheap dinner (in fact the Angus burgers at Harvey's are much better :).Special Features:
- Laurentian GemJnBfoodiesDined on 8/21/2013Celebrated our wedding anniversary in a very special rest. The food was outstanding, portions just the right about and the service was excellent, I had the seafood linguini (lots of seafood) and very tasty. My husband had the special of the night, tuna which was excellent Prices are affordable because they have a special from sunday to wednesday. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- LunchGontrandDined on 8/6/2013W e have been at this restaurant for lunch 4 times now. Always first class and exceptional food !!!We drive over an hour to get to this wonderful place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!GoldylockxDined on 8/3/2013I was in St-Sauveur for one evening and didn't know where to dine... So I looked at a list of restaurants on Trip Advisor and from all the descriptions I found, I deducted that 40 Northh seemed to agree with my choice for a great dinning experience. So I reserved a seating for 4 people...When we arrived we were very well received with a smiling and curteous staff who seemed well informed and educated on proper etiquette and restaurant savoir faire. Our meal was delicious, well prepared and the service was grand. I would recommend this restaurant for a a great evening of fine dinning and remarkable service..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Special occasionJusto2Dined on 7/29/2013I webt there with my husband and we loved the wine and the a la carte menu. Great for special occasions like anniversary supper and romantic dates. Great place ! Affordable for the quality !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst experience everBellaDined on 7/26/2013It was our first experience at the 40 Northh. I took a caesar salad, filet mignon "Oscar" (with crab and sauce béarnaise), garlic mash potato, one side dish (grilled red peppers), a glass of red wine and two bottles of water (eau plate). The caesar salad had two much dressing with three powdery croutons and no bacon. The béarnaise had a vinegary taste, no crab, mash potato had chunks and over powered garlic, and the red peppers very mushy. The service was EXECRABLE. Charles, the waiter had a condescending and pretentious attitude from start to finish. He never checked on us. The restaurant was NOT busy during our dinner and after finishing our meals he made us wait 20 minutes before clearing away the plates that were taking the whole table.
- A fantastic evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/20/2013Everything about our evening was perfect!!! We sat outside --- fantastic view of the village! Food is amazing! Great price on the Meal for 2 ... all around fabulous place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatFancyFoodieDined on 5/25/2013The food was good...solid good but not great. At those prices, I expected great! The ambiance was cozy and very classy, but the best part was the fabulous staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic 40 Northh!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/24/2013Whether you are a local or a visitor, 40 Northh never disappoints! Lunch provides a great but lighter selection of what you would see on the evening menu. Asian Beef Rolls are crispy, slightly sweet and chock full of julienne cut beef and vegetables. Delicious with a 40 Northh Ceasar Salad or a fresh spin on the Asparagus and Avocado Salad! Yes, this is a serious steak house but don't think you can't order some sea food! There is a selection of fish, shrimp and other ocean delectables available! Carnivores, get ready for choice cuts of Prime Rib, Filet Mignon, the Carpet Bag to name a few. Extensive Wine List for all pocketbooks. The staff are completely professional and knowledgable. Beautiful restaurant, friendly service! Recommend 100%!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We ate there for my husbandsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/29/2013We ate there for my husbands birthday. The food was great and plentiful! Neither of us could finish our meals. But they definitely make their mark up on their wine, but that is to be expected. Service was great, very friendly and attentive, My husband even forgot his wallet and they called me 5 mins after we left, my husband tried to tip the guy for calling us, but he wouldnt take it. He just said to come back again. Overall great timeSpecial Features:
- We always have the best timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012We always have the best time at this restaurant. The staff is amazing, the food is absolutely delicous, the ambiance is perfect. Valet parking thank you!Special Features:
- Strong start, weaker finishOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012Strong start, weaker finish - the staff got our first two courses served well and with attention, but we were sort of forgotten during/after the main course. Enjoyable, but a bit pricy for the food.Special Features:
- A fall lunch experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2012Great service, excellent food and wonderful setting . Thank you for a most delicious lunch. Steve tothSpecial Features:
- Our experience here was oneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012Our experience here was one of the highlights of our weekend getaway . Charles was exceptional - good sense of humour and attentive. Would definitely come back again for special occasion .Special Features:
- Le repas était EXCELLENT parOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2012Le repas était EXCELLENT par contre, le service est un peu snob. Il faut compter minimum 200$ pour le souper et un bouteille de vin pour 2 personnes. Le restaurant est superbe et l'ambiance sur la rue est très agréable. Nous avons passé une belle soirée.Special Features:
- Extraordinary ServicegmacdonaldDined on 6/21/2012The service we received was the best I have ever experienced -- anywhere. The food was well-prepared, nicely presented and delicious. Expensive, but great for a special occasion.Special Features:
- The service is excellent asMikePDined on 5/5/2012The service is excellent as is the atmosphere. The food, however, is average and priced beyond it's value.Special Features:
- AOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2012Filet mignon was over cooked. Asked for medium was almost well doneSpecial Features:
- The food was outstanding !OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2012The food was outstanding ! Steaks were grilled to perfection, vegetables were crispy and great selection of wines. Only downer, our reservation was initially at 8:00 p.m. We got a table by 9:05 and it was 10:00 when we finally got our plates.
- First Experience at 40 NorthhOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2012Had dinner here for the first time on Feb. 11. Food was excellent. Presentation was excellent. Service was also excellent. Our table was very nice, but there was a family with two young children across from us which surprised my husband and I. I compare this restaurant with Gibby's and I don't think children should be permitted at the price clients pay for an evening - and you will never see children at Gibby's right? For two people the bill can easily go up to $260.00, so for that price, I do not want children around being disruptive. This I did not like. There are other restaurants more child-friendly that would do them just fine.Special Features:
- Amazing food ! Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/4/2012Amazing food ! Service was wonderful and portions were huge . I had the filet with Brie , medium rare with spinach and could only eat half. Was divine ! Highly reccomend !Special Features:
- Energetic scene by the barOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/21/2012Energetic scene by the bar especially during HABS hockey night. Moderate and somewhat cozy dining. Food was very good as expected. Meat and Fish can't go wrong.Special Features:
- Overall it was fantastic foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/13/2012Overall it was fantastic food and service we recommend this restaurant for fine dining.Special Features:
- Excellent steaks and deserts.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/29/2011Excellent steaks and deserts. Great wine list. Fantastic, attentive service.Special Features:
- Excellent service from ourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/29/2011Excellent service from our waiter Ludovic. Ate on second floor too noisy ambiance music too loud and tv monitor on fir hockey game not appropriate for this type of high-end dining experience . Wine selection limited to very expensive wines due to exaggerated mark-up! Food was however impeccable!
- Although the food was quiteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/17/2011Although the food was quite goode and the service was excellent. The prices are too high.
- It is my 3rd time that I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/1/2011It is my 3rd time that I have lunch at this restaurant and the quality and service is always excellent.Special Features:
- It is a steak house, one ofOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2011It is a steak house, one of the best I've been to. The staff were knowledgable and very attentive. It featured a wine list to die for, and the wine guy (sorry, can't remember his name)actually put us into the less expensive vintage of the two for which I asked his advice. A wonderful experience.Special Features:
- We had a fantastic time! VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/29/2011We had a fantastic time! Very good service. The food is excellent.Special Features:
- Everything went well a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2011Everything went well a little bit expensive but the quality is there I will recommand thie place for business meals or special occasions such as birthdays special events etc... the waiter was perfect except the point belowSpecial Features:
- Upscale restaurant, good food,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2011Upscale restaurant, good food, but lacks refinement. The linguini sauce is too heavy, and the 6$ pepper sauce for the meat was unbelievably salty.Special Features:
- Week end Get A way!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2011Amazing food...SeaFood plater for two was the best! great service and bar was great. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Very disappointing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2011We are very disappointed of our dinner at 40th North restaurant in St-Sauveur. The total invoice was ridiculously high for the quality of food we received. The look of the restaurant and the staff are great but that's it.
- An amazing restaurant. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2011An amazing restaurant. Food is superb, presentation excellent, the service impeccable and the owner makes a point of meeting each guest. We went 2 nights in a row, it was so good!Special Features: