2727 W. Fullerton Ave.
Chicago, IL 60647Neighborhood:
PeruvianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.4suyos.com/
- Phone: (773) 278-6525
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Peruvian, South American
- Executive Chef: Humberto Trujillo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from 4 Suyos
4 Suyos Peruvian Cuisine is a new, BYOB Logan Square restaurant featuring fresh, traditional Peruvian food, which on occasion, is garnished with a modern twist. From traditional Peruvian favorites like ceviche, lomo saltado, aji de gallina, and papa a la huancaina to skewered tofu marinated in anticuchos sauce and quinoa salad, our food creations are a testament to our love for all things Peru. ARRIBA PERU!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
4 Suyos reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.1Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (6)good for groups (3)great for lunch (2)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Casual ambiance with good authentic Peruvian foodChitownBoyDined on 11/14/2014Had a delightful dinner with a friend/mentor and enjoyed the fact the food was tasty and we did not feel like we were getting kicked out for the restaurant to turn the table right away. Cozy ambiance with folkloric Peruvian tunes in the background. The leche de tigre was good and potent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peruvian foodBellaDined on 11/9/2014Great little BYOB the ceviche is fabulous and a nice little find over allSpecial Features:
- OutstandinggissDined on 11/1/2014Food was outstanding, service impeccable. Coupled with the BYOB w/o a corkage fee, this is a perfect place for an outing with friends or a suburbanite excursion into the city.Special Features:
- try something differentDrHammertoeDined on 10/18/2014The food is different but good. BYOB and take your time because they will not rush you to turn over the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good cervicheJavaDined on 10/13/2014The night we went we were the only people in the restaurant. This is a very plain restaurant. The food was good at a good price. The cerviche was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Peruvian foodViajeroDined on 10/11/2014Great seafood! The stuffed pototoes are outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty PeruvianVABrianDined on 9/20/2014We really enjoyed the food at 4 Suyos. Our daughter spent a summer internship in Peru and told us this was just like the family she stayed with made! Everything was fresh, full of flavors, and wonderfully prepared. My only complaint is that I wish I'd known it was BYOB before getting there. I was able to run out and buy wine at a local bodega but it added some difficulty to the dinner. Take a nice bottle of red and white with you when you go!Special Features:
- Authentic, comfortable, great valuebrazenspiritDined on 9/12/2014The meal was a great value. Tasty appetizers and entrees for three people and we were out of there - with leftovers - for $90. The front of the house seemed understaffed for a Friday night - I believe there was only one server working! He was doing his best, but service was slow.Special Features:
- Great foodToniVIPDined on 9/8/2014Great food and service. The waiter helped us narrow down our choices and made great recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real PeruvianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014If you like cheese and potatoes with a different twist, this is your place. The quinoa salad was ok. The fish rice not a great one…. Presentation was not outstanding, very poor looking. Service was pleasant and correct. Ambiance ok. Small restaurant. Very clean and simple. Great for lunch, not for a dinner experience. No alcohol serving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 61 reviews are from the 4 Suyos reviews archive.
- Solid neighborhood spotGuillermo1215VIPDined on 7/19/2014Quiet and small Logan Square Peruvian. Friendly staff. Very sparse crowd that evening so no idea whether they can handle busy nite. Traditional Peruvian menu. Cerviche mixto very good. paella in generous portion and balanced flavor. The arroz con pollo was tender and moist- the rice was a little aggressive - byob which is big savings. Good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suyos Exceeds ExpectationJakeVIPDined on 6/20/2014Was down in Logan visiting my son and we decided to head here for dinner. We had no expectation and were pleasantly surprised as this place exceeded all our expectation. The food was great with excellent variety. I had the Tilapia, my wife had the paella, and my son had a chicken dish over potatoes. All the dishes had a wonderful sauce and tasted excellent. This is a BYOB so easy on the pocket book.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/25/2013Have visited a couple of times for Brunch. Every dish has exceeded expectations in terms of being unique and tasty. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- SlooooooooooooooowOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2013Went for brunch on a Sunday morning; I think there were 2 tables in service, including ours. Service was very slow, food was mediocre. It took an hour to get our food, and we ordered eggs (not exactly complicated food). It seemed that there was 1 employee there who was cook, waitress, and busboy. Will not be going back.
- Amazing FooddindintimeVIPDined on 8/10/20134 Suyos' food was absolutely amazing. The place is small, but is perfect for authentic Peruvian food. The restaurant is clearly run by a family and all the food is made to order. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeKatieDined on 8/10/2013My boyfriend and I had his birthday party here and the service was beyond amazing. Even though we were table of 12, they took care of even the smallest details. Out lovely waitress brought us pitcher after pitcher of the DELICIOUS pisco sours (BYO pisco, its worth it), kept the food coming, and even sliced the cake for us. Everyone was so impressed by the food, and I was impressed by how reasonable it was! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BYOBChiFoodLoverDined on 7/27/2013Had dinner at 4 Suyos with a friend. The ceviche was excellent, and the lamb stew was delicious. Great flavors! All plates were completely clean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Ceviche I've had in the USHellyinChiDined on 7/24/2013Booked 4 Suyos for my boyfriend's birthday dinner after having it recommended by a friend. It did not disappoint. The food was absolutely delicious - the Ceviche is superb, as are the Beef Hearts and Peruvian Paella. Our waitress was a gem, Logan hipster with a great personality also fluent in Spanish and knowledgable and passionate about the restaurant. Did I mention it's BYO? So this meal is not going to cost you a lot - and super casual and charming at the same time. Fantastic boozy, tasty night out. Logan Square dining scene at it's finest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food!SaraDined on 7/19/2013The anticuchos are always, always amazing! And right next to them, seco de cordero is a gem. Great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peruvians eat hereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/29/2013I was looking for something different in the area. Peruvian sounded interesting. And it was. I loved my potato (mashed stuffed with beef and raisins and then deep fried). While it was an appetizer it was very filling. My partner had the quinoa salad and enjoyed it. We then shared a mixed cerviche and still took some home. The waitress and the customers were friendly and helpful. I appreciate when servers are willing to make suggestions or point me in the direction of their own favorites. The people at the two adjoining tables were all Peruvian and recommended this restaurant above other Peruvian restaurants in Chicago.Special Features:
- Good food for something differentTakechanman1Dined on 6/29/2013I was informed this restaurant by my Peruvian friend. Meals are tasty. My previous image was spicy, but it was not. There are some but most of them are pretty good. Dining floors are a bit small and dry wall, so when it was full, it became noisy. But otherwise it is good value price and quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreAshGVIPDined on 6/20/2013The menu sounds amazing; however, the delivery falls way short of expectations. Mediocre is the best word to describe the food, service, and ambiance. The silver lining is that 4 Suyos is a BYOB establishment. With all of the great dining choices in Logan Square these days, I wouldn't rush to try 4 Suyos.
- Peruvian RestToddDined on 6/18/2013Great food. I was in Peru amonth ago and this just what I remember. I wish it was not BYOB. A pisco sour would have made the experience complete. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunately, this diningsuesVIPDined on 6/18/2013Unfortunately, this dining experience was very disappointing....food was subpar and even their coffee machine was broken.
- The food was decent but theOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/15/2013The food was decent but the service was poor. The staff was friendly but just very slow. We had a group of four and the restaurant was busy but not so busy that we could not get ice for our drinks, refills, or even waited about 20 minutes to place an actual order. I would possibly try again as it may have been an off night and BYOB places are always great.
- Very accommodating!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2013Was able to book a last minute reservation for 12 people on a Friday night. Our food was amazing & everyone's order came out perfectly! Thank you for the great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Peruvian Food!tylerwaltsDined on 6/5/2013We went here for a date night about 2 months after we had our honeymoon in Peru. We wanted to re-experience the great food we had on the honeymoon and were not disappointed. The appetizers were yummy and entre's represented Peru well. They use the Cusquena peruvian beer for some of the dishes, but otherwise it is BYOB, which was nice - total tab was under $60 for 2 entres and 2 apps. The lomo saltado was great, and the sauce that came with the free break was fantastic - we kept it to dip our apps in :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleased. Great food,AmigoDined on 5/21/2013Very pleased. Great food, prices were reasonable. Service was helpful and friendly in either Spanish or English,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at 4 Suyoscap12Dined on 5/18/2013Nice neighbord byob. Cerviche appetizers and steak dishes were very good but two of us had the steamed fish with rice and it was a bit too salty. Six of us at a table and noise level was so high that we literally could not hear the person sitting next to us. Not conducive to a group of friends who want to dine and converse together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for the Price.OpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 5/10/2013Nice place. Friendly staff. I love that it's BYOB! Our apps were cold though. Sent them back, they were brought back a little warmer. Didn't like that all 7 the entries came out at different times. But 'They' were hot & good! After we paid the bill, we were finishing our cocktail & chatting. No one ever came back to see if we needed anything else. I think I'd be back, even though it is far west from us. But won't be coming back when it's a birthday celebration.Special Features:
- Great place - I've been thereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2013Great place - I've been there 3-4 times. Service was off the last night I went however, the wait staff (and maybe kitchen staff) were overwhelmed.Special Features:
- The peruvian food here isjcopesVIPDined on 4/7/2013The peruvian food here is authentic, the wait staff is attentive and smart. And it's a BYOB. They don't score any points for their no-frills approach to ambiance, but what they lack in decor they make up for in cuisine. Go here if you like food and have a solid adventurous palate.Special Features:
- My reservation was at 6 onOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013My reservation was at 6 on a Saturday and the restaurant was empty when my group of 6 got there and they were out of beef empanadas. Also, they only had 3 -4 tables and 2 waitresses and out waitress was at our table maybe 3-5 times all night. The ceviche is NOT good but the churasco was very good. For good Peruvian food next time I would recommend Picante on Elston. Sorry 4 Suyos I really wanted to like it because I live nearby but I will not go back!
- Good food, poor service. IOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013Good food, poor service. I had a reservation for 5 and was not greeted upon entry, waited for about 10 min before going up to a waiter and stated that I had reservations. She then went and set up the table that had been open the whole time I stood there. During dinner we couldn't find our server for most of the night and my food did not come out until every one else was finished.
- Nice little neighborhood placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/23/2013Nice little neighborhood place in Logan Square area. I'd rate it higher though they were not prepared for our reservation. Small, family owned place - but since they're on OpenTable - they should check their email. We had to move from table 'A' to table 'B'. Even with that.....I'd recommend going there.....it is a nice little neighborhood place.
- Went there for our anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2013Went there for our anniversary and found the food excellent. It was our first time trying Peruvian and I expected Brazillian-like steak. Quite to the contrary. Some meat dishes, stews and a lot of seafood. Bring a white and a red (it's BYOB). Highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Meh.cmacalusoDined on 3/21/2013I dined at 4 Suyos with 4 girlfriends and we had a fairly good time --- all in all, though, I wouldn't go back. Too pricey for what you get. In general, the experience was not outstanding. The place is very noisy, we could barely hear each other, and the food is good but not unbelievably good. I had a ceviche mixto (16$) which was way too sour, but notably featured a good variety of seafood. Drinks are too sweet and there is too little variety anyway, so do bring your own bottle or you'll end up with tap water as your best option. One thing I have to say, though: the best service I have had in ages! The restaurant is BYOB and our waiter went as far as going to the corner liqueur store to buy us a bottle of Pisco- now, how wonderful is that?
- a nice findgmitchyDined on 3/16/2013We had decided to go out with a few friends and wanted to try a byob that we had never been two so we made reservations at 4 suyos. We got there 10 minutes early, our table was ready. We had white wine, the girl brought out an wine bucket with ice for us, we ordered 3 appetizers, my favorite was the empanadas, they were big and you could get them in chicken, beef or vegetarian. The menu had a lot of meals that sounded really good, then their two nightly specials sounded really good so it was tough to make a decision. My wife got the filet and lobster tail, both were really good. We all ended up tasting each others meals and I enjoyed them all, would definitely go back there again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, authentic PeruvianOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/10/2013Wonderful, authentic Peruvian food. Very nice staff. BYOB! We will be back!Special Features:
- Interesting Peruvian food--aOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/9/2013Interesting Peruvian food--a cut above the usual fare.Special Features: