4 Olives Restaurant
121 South 4th Street
Manhattan, KS 66502Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
4 Olives Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.4olives.biz/
- Phone: (785) 539-1295
- Hours of Operation:
Open Everday 5pm to 11pm
Lunch Tuesday to Saturday 11am to 2pm
Open for Brunch on Easter, and Mother's Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Scott Benjamin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We now offer private dining rooms for parties up to 75 persons
- Private Party Contact: Scott Benjamin 785-539-1295x
- Special Events: For Reservations of 8 or larger, please contact Scott Benjamin at 785-539-1295. Thank you!
A word from 4 Olives Restaurant
Opened in July of 2004 with such culinary specialties as: fresh fish, wild game, local ingredients, and artesian cheeses. The ambiance of the restaurant can be described as upscale contemporary, the dining room itself surrounds a large glass wine cave. The featured style of cuisine is a Contemporary Mediterranean-American menu with Pacific influences, emphasized by extremely fresh, made-to-order items. Every item is made in house. Our desserts are prepared by our talented pastry chef, and Scott's wife, Rachel Benjamin. The bar menu consists of well-crafted, classic cocktails using fresh juices and premium spirits. With over 400 fine spirits, 60 beers, and 700 wines which are kept in our temperature controlled, glass wine cave, 70 of which are also served by the glassContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
4 Olives Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Manhattan ›
4 Olives Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (73)special occasion (55)fit for foodies (53)neighborhood gem (37)romantic (35)good for groups (24)vibrant bar scene (15)late-night find (14)great for lunch (13)hot spot (11)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Wonderful!DollyDined on 11/18/2014We went for my son's birthday celebration. The food was wonderful. Very cool atmosphere and great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SkierVIPDined on 11/14/2014Great drinks with fun cocktails + wine & good food--but takes a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceOnlytheGoodonesDined on 10/26/2014Had the best time and will certainly go again. Perhaps we should bump up or visits to quarterly.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in Manhattan, KSOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014The food at 4 Olives almost always exceeds our expectations. I had a veal Osso Bucco and it was rich and tender and there was a small spoon provided to eat the marrow. The mashed potatoes that accompanied were combined with sauteed mushrooms and there was a delicious sauce that moistened all.Special Features:
- Good special occasion placeHarleydocDined on 10/25/2014Seated us at a sticker table that had to be wiped off but after that everything was perfect.Special Features:
- great food and serviceSSM57Dined on 10/19/2014All of us enjoyed our meal, but I especially liked the small plates. Inventive and tasty - black truffle risotto and lamb sliders, yum. Our server was knowledgeable and helpful. Very good beer and wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and drinksSquashAZDined on 10/16/2014Food, drinks and service. Extensive wine list for this region but it over priced. To be fair there were a few deals on the list and they did offer a few great low cost wines at 2x mark up. Food offering was diverse and portions were not amarican large which was nice. Make a reservation and enjoy, we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunchwine2dineDined on 10/11/2014The menu was great and the food was fantastic! Service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manhattan GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014The move to downtown Manhattan has provided a more visible location and an opportunity to create a pleasing esthetic. The bar and wine offerings are excellent and ample. The food was delicious and creative. Love this place and will keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real find in the middle of KSGunkieDined on 10/7/2014Wonderful restaurant. Great chef and excellent bar. The noise level is the bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food failed to match great service.AnonymousDined on 10/3/2014My wife and I ate at Four Olives for the first time last weekend, on one of our rare nights away from the kids. The restaurant is nice, the service was excellent, and the wine list was superb--but the food itself didn't measure up. My steak was tough and unevenly cooked (rare on one end, well done on the other), and the roasted potatoes and carrots served with it were lukewarm when it arrived and cold a few minutes later. We probably will go back, but it will be for a small plate and aperitifs before a meal elsewhere, or a cocktail and dessert after an evening out.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningHannahBananaDined on 9/20/2014I had such a great time here and the food was delicious. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- maeahDined on 9/20/2014The food was superb, wine pairings were great. We went for our wedding anniversary. My only complaint was the groups of waitresses standing around back socializing the whole time. It looked a bit unprofessional and killed the ambience, kind of hard to have a conversation without noticing the girls gossiping in the back. Otherwise, great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 Olives dinnerEmdiningDined on 9/17/2014We hosted guests for memorable pre fixe dinners with the suggested wine pairings. Our meals were excellent - starting with cheese grits with shrimp and ending with a fabulous peanut butter pie. The bar & wine offerings are impressive as well as extensive. Very nice ambience but service was a little slow and there was another table's large bar charge added to our bill by mistake. The staff was quick to correct the error when we pointed out the problem but were dismissive about it. We will return to the 4 Olives and encourage others to dine there. Just be sure to review your bill before paying!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Manhattan - by far!JamesDined on 9/16/2014The people at 4 Olives always treat us like we own the place! Anything they can do to accommodate us they do. Menu is superb and Prix Fix is always outstanding. We treat dinner at 4 Olives as our date night. No rush to clear the table. No hovering, but always there when you are ready. Excellent wait staff! Can't go wrong at 4 Olives! Try this place and it will quickly become your GO TO PLACE in Manhattan Kansas.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerMikiBlueEyesDined on 9/14/2014My husband and I ate at 4 Olives to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. (We had also come to 4 Olives to celebrate our engagement.) It's one of the best restaurants in Manhattan, KS!! We've always been pleased with the food and the service. We definitely consider ourselves "foodies" and my husband likes to get the prix fixe menu to try the chef's current selection. Although the prix fixe may not always match our tastes perfectly, it's never disappointing. The combinations of flavors are wonderful; the presentation of food is beautiful and attentive to detail. The wait-staff is professional and very courteous. I have been to 4 Olives probably six times over the last 2-3 years, and it has been a good experience every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodKSSMDined on 9/12/2014Excellent, duck cooked perfectly, the tuna was seared perfectly and season expertlySpecial Features:
- Amazing as alway!HollyDined on 8/31/2014Sent our senior at K-State to 4 Olives with his girlfriend visiting from Texas for his birthday dinner. She loved it! We've been a loyal follower of 4 Olives since he started at KSU 5 years ago and not once have we been disappointed! In fact, each time we visit our son we have to dine at 4 Olives! The Mac & Cheese is outstanding, the beef excellent and the salmon or scallops awesome! The only disappointment (and this happens on occasion) is they are out of Rachel's Toffee bags. Please keep more stocked on weekends! Other than that -- we love 4 Olives!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experienceMikeTDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I went to celebrate our 39th anniversary. An outstanding dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in ManhattanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Incredible atmosphere, very good service, and honestly the best food in Manhattan. It is somewhat expensive - dinner for two and a bottle of wine totaled close to $100, but you could definitely eat for less if you stick to the small plates and no alcohol. My filet was outstanding. Perfectly cooked, tender, and the sauce complements it very well. I would definitely recommend for a nice night out if you want a high class experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchableGrazieDined on 8/26/2014My friend and I had a very good lunch. Love the tomato soup and our salads were excellent. Thank you!! We wanted to see if our husbands would appreciate the experience as much as we did. Am sure they would.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AgaSuperagaDined on 8/25/2014Great food, fine wine, delicious desert and cocktails!Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemgreatlocalfindDined on 8/22/2014Four Olives has the sophistication of the Big Apple and the comfort of the Little Apple. Outstanding food, drinks, and atmosphere! We are very lucky to have such a gem in our town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in the "Little Apple"FineFoodFanDined on 8/21/2014Young well trained wait staff. High quality food. Many wines with pairing service available. Full bar. Good cocktails. Vegetarian, gluten free and nut free menus available. Somewhat of a bistro feel acommodates casual and sub-casual dress but they deserve business casual dress at a minimum. I found the interior aesthetics to be appealing. Numerous small tables and sufficient number of larger ones. Comfortable seating for singles. A pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in KansasOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/16/2014Incredible food. Friendly and knowledgable wait staff. Best wine and cocktail list I have seen. Wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Nice restaurant and salmon entree was ok but overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably outstanding dining eventFoodieDined on 8/9/20144 Olives is always our "go to" choice in Manhattan for fine dining. The food, service, wine list, and ambience combine to make it a reliably outstanding dining experience. Scott keeps enough of his standby dishes to maintain comfort level, while including enough new menu items to keep it fresh. The new location in downtown is a nice improvement in terms of crowding your neighboring table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experiencebigeatsDined on 8/6/2014The menu makes a lot of promises and almost delivers. I ordered a wild mushroom salad with scallops. I was expecting wild mushrooms -- but what arrived looked to me like criminis. The scallops were gritty, but had a very nice flavor. My husband's dish had polenta, which I usually hate - but this polenta had a very nice flavor. Our waitress was very nice and the poor bartender dealt with a difficult bar customer in a very gracious way. I very much like the open design and the view of the kitchen. However, if it were my restaurant, I'd make sure everyone on the line had chef's coats - just to elevate the experience. I don't drink so I can't comment on the wines specifically, but the wine list was extensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch VisitKSSunflowerDined on 8/5/2014A long time friend and I met, driving from opposite directions, for lunch and visiting. Honestly, the visiting was the most important thing on our minds. Family, in addition to many more topics, were thoroughly covered. We'd heard about 4 Olives for a long time. This was our first visit. We had the soup, salads, shared a dessert, and coffee. Food was very good. Lunch prices are a tad on the high side. I don't usually spend $20 for lunch. The new location is impressive. The wine cooler is amazing. There will be a next time.Special Features:
- 4 years and counting.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/2/2014I live in Texas but my daughter goes to school at K-State. We make 3 or 4 trips a year to Manhattan to visit her and we always make dinner reservations at 4 Olives. We discovered the restaurant 4 years ago and I can't imagine not eating at our favorite restaurant. As always the food was wonderful and the service was outstanding. They always do a wonderful job and have never disappointed. A long way to go for dinner but worth it every time. Luckily she has two more years of grad school.Special Features:
- An off nightLocalDinerDined on 7/26/2014From a weird seating behind the kitchen underneath a techno-blaring speaker to a server who knew nothing of the wine pairings with the prix fixe to an undrinkable dessert wine reminiscent of Robotussin to badly over salted entrees, 4 Olives was just off their game this night. This place can be excellent, but given the prices, it needs to be more consistent. It was still good, but failed this time to meet expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 443 reviews are from the 4 Olives Restaurant reviews archive.
- BruceDined on 7/18/2014The salmon and tenderloin tips were simply outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014We had another enjoyable dinner celebrating our anniversary. The crab leg special was just ok, but mushroom risotto starter was delicious as was the Pots de Creme dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnersusiebaxterDined on 7/12/2014Outstanding. The waitress was helpful and fun. The ahi tuna was prepared to request.Special Features:
- ParticularnMhkDined on 7/1/2014We celebrated our anniversary and had a very pleasant evening. The food was excellent, the service was superb and the wine list excelled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good date nightGeauxDined on 6/21/2014Had dinner and drinks and 4 olives for our anniversary. Food was very good and drinks were great as well. I think the new location is much more appropriate for the quality of restaurant this is. Wife has the tenderloin tips and I had the ahi tuna (lamb was sold out) and both were delicious. I'd definitely come again but only on special occasions. A bit more expensive than a comparable meal at Harry's but a good spot.Special Features:
- MehFKProbsDined on 6/20/2014I took my wife out to this restaurant after doing a good but of research. The food left a lot to be desired, especially for the prices they charge. I ordered the mango pepper salmon(medium rare as suggested by the "chef") and my wife the lamb shank. The salmon was well done and also bland. No mango and no pepper. It was glazed with brown sugar and tasted like it came from a can. The lamb shank looked like a giant turkey leg presented on a bed of giblets. My wife could barely stand eating it and ended up eating my salmon, the lesser of two evils. The lamb was so greasy and dry. It tasted like they had dredged it in cinnamon and slow cooked it for a week. Descent place for a drink but not sure if I can give them a second chance on the food.Special Features:
- A real treasureOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/13/2014Four Olives has the best most innovative food in the Midwest. I sometime think that those of us who live in Manhattan do not realize what a treasure we have in Four Olives. You would have to go to one of the best restaurants in the largest cities in the country to find the innovative food, extensive wine list and craft cocktails we take for granted going to Four Olives. All of this in a casual non-stuffy atmosphere is very hard to find. Also, don't skip dessert. The desserts, which are sharable, are every bit as special as the rest of the menu. It is one of the best restaurants and bars I have ever enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, But....Spider69Dined on 6/4/2014They always say the real meaning of what you say is after the but. The acoustics are not conducive for a quiet meal. The blender and pounding ice from the bar (I think) were loud and the floor/open ceiling do not absorb sound. Not a big issue for me, but I would guess it would be for some. Will it stop me from coming back? NO. I ate dinner early, so the crowd was smaller, but I could see this being a great place for a drink, appetizer, dinner later in the evening. I don't drink alcohol, so I can't comment on the wine or the drinks. I would recommend 4Olives to anyone, especially for the food - they can decide about the atmosphere and the wine/drinks. CRAB CAKES ARE AWESOME.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Proud to have 4 Olives in ManhattanfoodieDined on 5/23/2014We are regulars at 4 Olives and are always bragging about what a wonderful place it is to eat to our out of town friends. Two couples of long time friends drove over for dinner Saturday night so of course they all wanted to check this place out. They were all in awe of how good the food, wine, service and ambience was and could totally understand why we are always talking about it. One of the guys usually just picks at his food when we go out and he not only ate every bite of the beef tenderloin tips with rissotto and asparagus but ordered the blueberry cheesecake as well and raved about both. Needless to say they will all be back next time they are in Manhattan. Once again 4 Olives makes us proud to live in Manhattan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.