201 N Citrus Ave
Covina, CA 91723Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.3vinos.com/
- Phone: 6269667735
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch Buffet Tuesday-Friday : 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Cuban, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Jose Ibarra
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We will work with your needs and budget a great menu for your catering needs.
- Entertainment: At 3Vinos we strive to provide the best variety in Latin entertainment. On Friday we have a live band that plays Derumba Flamenco music by Derumbamenco. Saturday we have a live band that plays Salsa Music by The Salsa Band, we also have a DJ that plays Top 40's on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Sunday enjoy Derumbaflamenco while you enjoy our Sunday brunch. Also on Sunday evenings 94.7 The Wave Hosts here at 3Vino's with a Smooth Jazz Band.
A word from 3Vinos
3Vino's is a Latin cuisine restaurant and bar with entertainment and dancing. Immerse yourself in an upscale Latin and Cuban atmosphere. 3 Vino's is the place to be in Covina for dining and entertainment and includes imported wines, mixed drinks, Latin jazz - flamenco music, live entertainment, dancing, a lounge, V.I.P reservations, no cover charge and free Salsa lessons on Wednesdays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
3Vinos reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (3)special occasion (3)neighborhood gem (2)hot spot (2)fit for foodies (1)great for brunch (1)good for groups (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great music and dining, bad food!Foodie1VIPDined on 8/23/2014Visited restaurant hoping to find good Cuban cuisine and Salsa music. We were highly disappointed in the food, but were pleased with the live band and music they were playing. Being Cuban, I do not recommend this place if you're seeking to experience the true Cuban flavor and cuisine. It's unfortunate, but everyone in our party were highly disappointed in the taste of the food and the spicy/hot flavor in the Ropa Vieja and excessive amount of Mojo on Steak and Pork. As for the place itself, the live band was great and the evening crowd picked up around 8:30pm. The crowd seemed decent and the music very good. Great place for drinks and dancing, but not for restaurant dining.Special Features:
- Horrible, will never go againGirlsGirlDined on 8/8/2014The entire place smelled really bad which made it hard to want to order food. We ordered drinks and they were absolutely horrible. Their sangria was nothing more than fruit punch on ice and their version of a piña colada was pineapple juice on ice. Our intention was to have dinner but the drinks were so bad we asked for the bill and decided to eat and drink real sangria at a great bistro two blocks down. Will never return and will not recommend this place to anyone.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/20143 Vinos is a great place to celebrate a special occasion. We celebrated a birthday and they where great about taking and changing the reservation a few times. The food was very good and the service provided to us by the waitress was excellent however the table they use for the amount of people in our party was to small but the food and service made up for it. The live entertainment and music was great during dinner and then once the club got started it was non stop dancing witha DJ that provided great music all night long. The only complaint I have regarding this establishment is that they need to turn on the air conditioning. So many people including myself where so hot because A/C would only stay on part time. Management fix this please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudDined on 7/25/2014Very loud, wine was poor, and the server would not recommend the seafood. Should not have been surprised with the poor quality of the ceviche. The chicken wasn't bad, but we had to leave to actually be able to hear one another. The music was decent, but WAY too loud to have any semblance of a conversation.
- Father's Day dinnerBoricua57Dined on 6/15/2014Food was very good, our family enjoyed. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FDBrunchfooddevilDined on 6/15/2014This is the second time that we have brunch at 3vinos. We attended a fathers day celebration. For the most part everything was good. Their brunch buffet was good but seems a little limited on the food. When we arrived we were seated then waited for some time before we got up to help ourselves. Our server never came to introduce themselves nor did they give us instructions on when we can get up to get our food. I think that the restaurant was not ready for the guests because they were still busy putting napkins out etc...Overall it was fine. I'd go there again.Special Features:
- Was disappointed this time!!!!!!!!!SpeckennedyDined on 6/15/2014I made reservations for Father's Day and they didn't take time to look at the request in the reservation, I always request to sit at the end of the bar so the champagne can keep flowing but that didn't happen I was greatly disappointed I usually leave a generous tip needless to say that didn't happen the service was lousy I had to remove my used plates from my table myself a couple of times the omelette chef is always excellent I tipped him and I tip the band also. I do not think I will be returning even though I live in the neighborhood
- I expected so much moreMMMamDined on 5/31/2014I saw the reviews some were good and some we bad but I guess since it had lI've music and food I wanted to think the best. All the food was dry no flavor chicken and the steak from both my plate and my wife. Dessert was not much better. Best part of meal beans and rice.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014The food was not very and expensive for the price don't mind paying if it taste good but the music was very good. Drinks are a little too expensive too much ice but very well made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating a birthday!CharmingDined on 5/25/2014A group of 4 of us went on a Sunday night to celebrate my husband's birthday and it was fantastic. I made reservations for dinner and was seated immediately after arriving. The staff was curteous and accommodating. We were able to choose where we sat. The server came over with smile and graciously catered to our needs the entire time. The food was soooo good. The band was outstanding and the DJ was fantastic. Although we live in San Fernando Valley, we will definitely be going backSpecial Features:
- The following 212 reviews are from the 3Vinos reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/5/2014Did not appreciate the hostess who hung up on me when I wanted to try and change my reservation time to 30 minutes later and wanted for me to reschedule it online rather than looking if she had any openings in her book.Special Features:
- OK, not greatlatusiDined on 4/20/2014We were there for brunch and as you come in, you hear the live music (Gypsy Kings'), and it makes you happy. But then you wait (even with reservation), a good 10 minutes. Buffet was OK, not great for Cuban/Latin food but the omelet station was wonderful including the chef (the only smiley, attentive person in the place). I will NOT be rushing back any time soon.Special Features:
- Dinner with GranddaughterJohnMartinVIPDined on 4/2/2014Enjoyed a great dinner with granddaughter during our visit to southern California! Great food!Special Features:
- What's not to likeRunamock18Dined on 3/15/2014Second time there. It has a nice ambience. Had dinner the second time and was pleasantly surprised with Cuban food flare and a salsa band playing thru the dinner. After 10 a Vj plays all types of dance music. The personnel is very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food that must be servedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/14/2014Good food that must be served by persons that are trained to a certain degree to provide service. Unfortunately , our server knew little of the basics for providing service; he just wanted to push consumption. he was unaware of the "happy hour" offerings, and by the time he found out the specifics of the HHS, he informed us the HHS was over, and our requests did not qualify. Coco Palm restaurant has same food and much better service and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was wonderfu!MayPSDined on 3/7/2014Food and music was great! I would definitely recommend to anyone. The music was also nice. Not necessarily club but perfect for a dinner and music. The food was delicious!! Love the bread and green type sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!BellaDined on 2/16/2014Tre Vinos has excellent food. The Sangria was very delicious. My favorite right now is the Cuban rice. I still need to explore more their food. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STAY AWAY!!!GINADined on 2/16/2014THIS PLACE IS DIRTY, DARK AND SMELLS BAD. FOR SUNDAY BRUNCH YOU SIT WITH OTHERS, NO PRIVACY. THE POLICE WAS THERE DUE TO SOME GUYS FIGHTING, PER THE OFFICER, THEY ARE ALWAYS THERE BREAKING UP SOME BAR FIGHT. NOT FAMILY ORIENTED AT ALL, NOT EVEN FOR SUNDAY BRUNCH. BAR IS RIGHT AT FRONT OF ROOM, SEATING FOR BRUNCH IS ON BOTH SIDES OPPOSITE DIVIDED BY A BIG UGLY BAR. I WONT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE, VERY LOUD MUSIC, MAKING IT DIFFICULT FOR CONVERSATION. IF YOU WANT A BRUNCH, JUST GO TEN MINUTES AWAY TO POMONA MINING CO. AND AVOID THIS NASTY, SMELLY, UGLY PLACE.Special Features:
- Always enjoy our evening at 3 vinosOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014We love the food, atmosphere and music at 3 Vinos. The service has always been very good and haven't had any complaints.Special Features:
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/31/2014Enjoy having a nice dinner while listening to some great live music. It's great for going on a date or celebrating a special occasion with family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2014The food was great, the people were friendly. the music was energetic and the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Not romanticTonyandBettyDined on 1/25/2014It's a place to go hang out, dance and have drinks. Nothing serious just fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I saw the reviews for thiskenfeeseDined on 1/24/2014I saw the reviews for this restaraunt online and since it was close to where we live, I thought we'd give it a try for our anniversery this past Friday. Thinking it'd be a rather chic place to go for dinner but when we got there at 6, the place was empty. The menu was incomplete but the waiter was able to get me a Rib-Eye which was not on the menu. My wife's T-Bone tasted like someone dropped a salt shaker on it. My French Fries we're just warm and very limp and they had the odasity to smother them in the mushroom gravy that the steak came with without asking me if I liked it that way. When I asked for another drink, the waiter took my previous one, which was half full. The waiter was very unattentive as I had to find him several time
- Dinner and dance4hermanasDined on 12/29/2013Group of 8, everyone had a different dish. All dishes came hot and timely. No complaints. Food delicious, savory. Extremely friendly service and attitude.. Definitely will return . Hats off to the chef. Mmmmmmmmmmm. Dinner and dance. EXCELLENT NITE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Band that performed on DecOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2013Band that performed on Dec 27, 2014 was very good. Dj also had a good selection of music. Girl night out was really fun. It was an older crowd, which I really liked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- needsglnsDined on 12/6/2013The food was ok...they rushed us through dinner to take our table away to make room for the dance floor. Prices are ridiculously high for the quality!Special Features:
- Took my best friend for herOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2013Took my best friend for her 24th birthday and she and my group had a blast!! I loved it and would go back with more friends :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rating 3 VinosbdayletdownDined on 10/26/2013I made reservations and was celebrating my birthday, I arrived and checked with the hostess and I was very disappointed that the hostess asked us to sit and wait at the bar until the rest of my party arrived. Once we sat at the bar we ordered drinks the bartender was prompt and polite. I then went back to the hostess to ask if we could order food and sit down at a table she said that she needed to get a table ready and had me wait. Once we sat down we only had one visit from the lady who provided our table with bread and we never saw her again. The food or drink order was never placed because no one came back to us. My party and I decided to leave. I was very disappointed and my birthday night did not turn out as planned.Special Features:
- Don't go to 3 Vinos3vinosnogoodDined on 10/25/2013Bad service, bad manners, the music is good, the food isn't, I wouldn't recommend it, never going back.
- The fish was so great! TheMandAVIPDined on 10/21/2013The fish was so great! The flavors on the sauce were suberb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GhettorobertDined on 10/19/2013This place was very ghetto. There was no dress code for a Saturday night dinner. People dancing with short pants and cheep sandals.
- Excellent!!!BeverlyDined on 10/12/2013The food is delicious and tasty. The bar scene is fun. Drinks are strong. Prices are comparable. The ambience is exciting and energetic. Everyone is ready to party and have a great time. My friends and I have been there 3 times and we are planning another visit. I definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I liked this place and thepomona1947Dined on 9/22/2013I liked this place and the live music but we had a reservation at 11am and the restauraunt was far from ready to begin service, musicians were not set up until after 12 noon. I thought the hostess was friendly and helpful, she did everything. Thank goodness she was there! The person making omelettes was not the friendliest guy, not very efficient, not prepared and forgettful. I enjoyed the french toast. Mamosa lacked champagne and was served a little warm for my liking.Special Features:
- Great Food! Great Fun!MariaPonceDined on 9/21/2013Visiting from AZ this was my first time at 3 Vinos. This is a classy place so don't expect it to be reasonably priced. It was my first time tasting Cuban food and it was utterly delicious! After enjoying our dinner my sisters and I then stayed to dance. The music was great starting with salsa then top 40's. It did get over crowded and super hot, almost unbearable! With the bar having two sides, for more room they really need to extend the dance floor to the other side as well so that people don't dance on top of one another. We literally were stepping on top of one anothers feet, too crowded and no room to freely dance and extend your arms. John Trovolta would not have been able to do his moves :-( Over all we still had a blast!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but Poor ServiceLove2EatDined on 9/21/2013While the food was slightly below Coco Palms restaurant, their customer service was extremely poor. They were extremely rude when they informed us that we had to clear the area because it was reserved. We were planning on staying for more drinks but they have no etiquette or manners. We will never recommend it nor EVER return.Special Features:
- Not so greatShop4funDined on 8/28/2013Took my family to celebrate and we were the only ones having dinner, not a big place. Dinner was okay, a little over priced. Should of gone to Coco Palms. Not planning on going back for dinner.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the evening!MirelesDined on 8/23/2013I recently celebrated my bday with friends and family, the dinner was excellent, the bottle service was even better!! The music was perfect, we danced all night! The service was awesome! Two thumbs up'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere!lin74Dined on 8/16/2013I came here for the first time and they had a great band called DW3. The service was excellend and the ambience was nice. The food was good.The prices are a little high but descent.This is a good place for a date or night out with the girls.Special Features:
- The restaurant is decent butGamblerDined on 8/16/2013The restaurant is decent but the food was not so great. Two people in my party did not like their (small) shrimp dinner and brought it to the waiters attention and he was kind enough to take both plates back in an attempt for the chef to get it right. The drinks were better than the food. Next time, I would come for music and drinks and not dinner. It was an expensive bill not to be happy with the food. Luckily, DW3 was there to improve our experience. The bartenders should have a recipe for making drinks. I got a good Mojito and when I ordered another one, the next bartender made a horrible drink, so I had to search for the original maker because they used two totally different recipes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and MusiccynthiaDined on 7/28/2013This place was a great find--went to hear the band--unbelievable--in addition the food was so fresh and tasty. Will be returning on a regular basis--it is 30 miles from where I live--not a problemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.