3Twenty Wine Lounge
320 South La Brea Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90036Neighborhood:
Beverly / Fairfax / La Brea / Third St.
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $31 to $50
3Twenty Wine Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.320southwine.com/
- Phone: (323) 932-9500
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, French American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from 3Twenty Wine Lounge
Open since 2011, at 3Twenty, we focus specifically on family owned and boutique wineries that produce their wine sustainably. We pair these wonderful wines to a small plates menu that changes with the seasons. We want to be a local's place for great food, and a wine enthusiast's destination for wine exploration. Voted one of the 100 most notable wine lists in all of the United States, we hope to have the opportunity to share our passion for the fermented grape with you. Cheers!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
3Twenty Wine Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
notable wine list (11)fit for foodies (9)romantic (9)neighborhood gem (6)special occasion (6)hot spot (3)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- dineLAVIPDined on 7/26/2014I highly recommend 3Twenty Wine Lounge. the service is very friendly and helpful and even though the dining experience centers around wine, the food is excellent. I had the DineLA price fix meal and it was amazing. The burata cheese and heirloom tomato appetizer was one of the best I have had and the surf and turf was excellent, especially the short rib. The salted caramel gelato on a thin slice of chocolate cake or brownie was enough to share. We have been here several times and Edgar is not only knowledgeable, but also very warm and friendly. This is a find on La Brea. You will learn about wine and have an overall great dining experience.Special Features:
- Great wine bar with great foodtimjohnsonDined on 7/16/2014Here you get great personal attention (especially early in the evening), good wine selections, by the taste, glass or bottle. Edgar, the owner, will give you good suggestions on wine, and the food is better than most restaurants.Special Features:
- Great wine bartimjohnsonDined on 6/18/2014Edgar (the owner) gives you personal attention and has really good knowledge of wine and food pairings.Special Features:
- Great Wines and GoodschnittmanDined on 5/23/2014With its big attraction being its wide selection of carefully chosen wines, a top choice for me would be their tastings. Roam a selection of chilled whites, and reds around two tables, you can add them to a tasty set of entrees. I went for several seafood entrees and was not disappointed.Special Features:
- Wonderful find!LeoinSFVIPDined on 5/21/2014In a sea of endless wine bars, this one stands out. Not only because they have cleverly designed the menu around the wine tastings, but because the tapas style sharing plates reflects the way people want to eat these days - more share-able plates with creative flavors and unique ingredients. We really enjoyed tasting the wine, and speaking with the owner who clearly knows his wines and has spent the time traveling to understand the winemaker's process. We will definitely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wine experience so so..SKaulDined on 5/17/2014Food was great especially scallops and lamb. The wines left a lot to be desired. Paying $3 to $8 per 2 sips of wine is a bit much and spoils what is otherwise a great culinary experience. If the place wants people to come for its wines, they should either reduce the price to half of the current prices or double the volume. Then it will be truly worth coming to this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighbor Find!YearlyVisitorVIPDined on 5/9/2014Love our neighborhood wine and food spot! The real test of a quality restaurant is when you can return time after time and never be disappointed with the service, food, and menu! The owner is always there to give high touch service and is very welcoming and knows his wine! Cheers!Special Features:
- Fantastic ServiceZeeeDined on 5/3/2014We came for the wine options, but will return because of the great service. Fantastic attention from every single staff member. Small dinner plates were slightly smaller than what our party is used to, but every one of us felt so comfortable there that we're definitely planning a return trip. We had a lovely, celebratory, tasteful, intelligent dining experience at 3Twenty.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014I was looking for a wine bar and came upon a random review of 3 twenty. This place is awesome. We went for my wife's birthday and the owner of the establishment was extremely generous pouring us glasses of wine out of his private stash. We had such a good time we did not realize how much wine and food added up (everything was reasonable priced though). We purchased more than we should but it was more than worth it.Special Features:
- justxjessVIPDined on 4/18/2014Tapas place w/ plenty of wine to go around. MUST try the lamb.. it was soo good! Service was great and wine was delicious. Small restaurant, really good food.Special Features:
- Friday night findDineoutalotVIPDined on 4/18/2014We stopped in for dinner Friday night. Great wine selection and staff really extend themselves to help you! Nino told me the wines are 'like my babies' - they are all great. I found the tastiest robust Pinot noir from Santa Lucia highlands and my husband found a great Barbera. And we had the fun of sampling the Picpoul and the Sauv Blanc, the Chardonnay and the Malbec. Can't wait to return and bring a group!Special Features:
- Love this placeSaml84VIPDined on 4/7/20143twenty is one of my favorite places. It is low key and the food is great. Not to mention the wine system is so much fun! The staff is also always wonderful!Special Features:
- DisappointedFoodieguyDined on 4/3/2014For a wine themed restaurant, it was very disappointing. I work in the wine industry and know a little bit about wine. The wines offered were mostly vintage close outs and very overpriced. The food was not good, I ordered a cheese plate for $20 and got 8 small pieces of supermarket cheese. I ordered pan fried Sea Bass, it was so overlooked it was inedible. Overall very disappointing.Special Features:
- not applicableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/1/2014My son Richard, visiting from out of state, and the rest of our party were all wine and alcohol drinkers. I am not, so cannot answer question 2. I do not drink alcohol, but used my email and phone number to make the reservation. My guests loved 2Twenty and said they would be bringing their friends to the restaurant because they liked the wine bar and the small plates. I personally chose to take my guests to 2Twenty because they are wine aficionados and love small plates. I am a long time friend of the artist whose art was displayed and my party knew her also.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findnfin52Dined on 2/14/2014Food was delicious and in good portions. I thoroughly enjoyed everything I tried. Staff was knowledgeable and friendly. Will definitely be going back. I never post reviews, but I thought 3Twenty was definitely worth taking the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Wine Bar in LACaram5150Dined on 2/14/2014I simply love this place. The food is magnificent and the wine list is very unique! I'm always delighted by all the new finds and the options are always changing (wine list and food wise). The ambiance is charming and inviting and the service is top-notch. They have the best burrata I've ever tasted...ask Edgar to help pair this with the perfect wine.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spotTJ333VIPDined on 2/4/2014You almost miss the spot as the yogurt place seems to be the draw but 3Twenty is a perfect neighborhood restaurant for those who want to adventure with wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeMaryVIPDined on 1/25/2014We loved the food and the wine knowledge of the owner was fantastic.Special Features:
- Great wine experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2013Took my sister there for her birthday. She loved it. To top it off they gave her a cheesecake to help celebrate. Excellent service and great wine experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wine, food, personal servicetimjohnsonDined on 12/23/2013They have lots of great wine by the taste, by the glass, and by the bottle. Also their food is not just an afterthought, but very good Plus the owner, Edgar, will give you recommendations for your dinners at home. He gave us a perfect recommendation for a Thanksgiving wine, for example.Special Features:
- GemHrtGuyDined on 11/9/2013Great place. Service is outstanding. Wine is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nom.nomMTCDined on 10/22/2013Came here for my husbands birthday and had a great time. Tasty cheeses and food, tasty wine, and excellent service. Thanks!Special Features:
- More than a wine barOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/19/2013Small restaurant with a big wine list. Food was very good but not outstanding. Wine choices were great - you could get a bottle or glasses from a carousel. We got a bottle but next time we'll try the individual glasses. Service was excellent and the decor was great. Also, lots of street parking - bonus in that area.Special Features:
- Swanky wine barEWWWWWWDined on 10/18/2013Absolutely loved this little gem. Bacon wrapped prawns were amazing. The muscles were abundant and the scallops were so so. I would definitely return to try more wines and relax with friends.Special Features:
- Visit 3Twenty!HappyDinerDined on 10/6/2013Impressive and comprehensive wine selection, with a great concept of how to present and sample it. And even if you somehow don't drink wine, the food is delicious. Great service and a very friendly, knowledgable staff. Give this place a shot; you won't be sorry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best wine lounge!RobertDined on 10/5/2013I've been to many wine lounges and by far this place was the best. Wine selection was great. Food was amazing and the service was outstanding!! The owner, Edgar was very knowledgeable and answered all my wine questions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the lamb with goat cheeseadragonflyDined on 9/30/2013Get the lamb with goat cheese over frites - insane!!!Special Features:
- Love it!wineloverlaDined on 9/10/2013i live in the neighborhood and love to go here. Staff is very sweet and they always have new and interesting wines to try!Special Features:
- Not impressedStephDined on 9/6/2013This place is trying to be cool and different but in the end it's just very pricey. The menu is very old and very limited. No choices for sides. The waiter was super friendly but chef must have been out of sorts teh night we went. Ordered a carrot and ginger soup, taht had these very odd seeds in it that made it taste super sour and not of carrot and ginger at all! Then ordered the grapefruit jicama salad, which arrived without grapefruit , and tis for a 12 salad. I did send it back and it returned with more grapefruit and less jicama. The mussels were ok, but half if them were dried. Just overall this restaurant is trying really hard to be different and sophisticated but just comes across pricey and all over the place with its random menu.
- Wine Card WorksQuigVIPDined on 8/15/2013This was a last minute find as we came into town. Small plate menu was just wanted we wanted late at night. Braised lamb in pasta and the bacon wrapped tiger prawns were piping hot and delicious. We chose the option for the "wine card" which allowed us to sample the bottles that they have on tap (appears to be pressurized with automatic dispensing system). There was probably about 50 total bottles over three systems. Each bottle has a review that is provided by the owners and you pay-by-the-pour. Great concept that allows you to taste a wide variety before you settle on a favorite. We tried several and then finished with a double hit on the Turley juvenile zin. Great find - fantastic!Special Features:
- Another excellent dinner atOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2013Another excellent dinner at 3Twenty. The food was delicious! At first I was a little disappointed to see that they changed the vegie that went with the scallops from spinach to asparagus, but it was still very good. Scallops were perfectly cooked. I love how they time the foods so that everything is hot and your table isn't overly crowded. People are very nice and the gentleman (owner?) was very gracious. They are attentive, but not overly so. One of our favorite places. They even remembered that it was my father's b-day, even though I had cancelled the reservation and then re-scheduled. That was very sweet.Special Features:
- At the top of my listOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2013Whenever my friends want a great place to go to enjoy fantastic food and wine... or I have visitors from out of town, 3Twenty is my number one choice. Some of my favorites: the scallops, mussels in broth, skillet steak w/ roquefort butter, bacon wrapped prawns and most of all - the lamb poutine... & there are always great wines to pair with these amazing dishes. On my last visit, we tasted about 6 wines, but settled on a very full, fruity and delicate Truchard pinot noir. It was such a great find! I'll be going back to this place again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little fine tuningBuffaloMattDined on 6/19/2013Wine selection was interesting and good. Food needs a little breadth -- particularly accompaniments to main dishes. Cheese plate was OK but a fairly pedestrian selection of cheeses (I'd suggest swapping a Rogue Creamery Blue or Cashel Blue). That's it for constructive criticism. A nice spot, low key and fun. Additionally, being able to get a taste of Amarone for $10 was a nice surprise! I am confident 3Twenty will continue to improve -- the staff has a great attitude and I believe a real interest in learning and improving.Special Features:
- Wino's unite.ladydVIPDined on 6/11/2013Love this place. So many wine choices, great knowledgeable staff. With small pours, easy to try something new! Great small plates. the buratta is always AMAZING! One of my favorite go-to's after work.Special Features:
- Awesome!WineyDined on 6/1/2013Great Wine Bar! We had a great time and the ambience is perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is one of my favoriteperkDined on 4/23/2013This is one of my favorite places. Excellent service. Very good food. Fun atmosphere. And owner/sommelier Edgar's knowledge of wine makes this a very special experience. He's a fabulous host. And the wine selection is first rate.Special Features:
- A new favorite!SeattleboundDined on 4/19/2013Perfect spot to celebrate a special occasion or just catch up with a friend over bottles or glasses of wine. Loved the wine dispensing machines, and there was such a selection to choose from! Food was delicious and the service was incredible ~ will be coming back often for this wonderful place.Special Features:
- Great food. Great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/18/2013Great food. Great service. Nice owners. Fun wine tasting. Really great spot.Special Features:
- I always enjoy my visits toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/11/2013I always enjoy my visits to 3Twenty wine lounge. There are similar wine tasting places in LA but none are as good as 3Twenty. Not only is the food delicious(we came for the special grilled cheese night but also ordered items off the regular menu), but the experience of wine tasting is great. The staff is friendly, the ambiance is lovely and Edgar, the owner, is so knowledgeable and helpful. This is easily one of my favorite places in LA!Special Features:
- Loved everything about ourNoahDined on 3/30/2013Loved everything about our night. The lamb chops were outstanding and the rest of the food was excellent as well. The ability to taste many different wines was really cool. Will be back.Special Features: