3800 North Ocean Drive
Singer Island, FL 33404Neighborhood:
West Palm Beach
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://3800oceanrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 561-340-1795
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 630am - 11am
Sunday Brunch: 11am - 3pm
Lunch Daily: 11am - 3pm
Dinner Nightly: 5pm - 10pm
Sunday - Thursday: 11am - 11pm
Friday and Saturday: 11am - 12am
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 5pm - 7pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Our Collective Kitchen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate private parties of up to 25 people on either our partially secluded low mezzanine, semi private ocean-view patio or our semi-private lounge area. All areas are excellent choices for your intimate occasions. Our dining room is also available for "buy out" events in which we can close our restaurant, lounge, and patio for your private function.
- Private Party Contact: Lisanne Rolfsen-Irwin 561-340-1795
- Entertainment: Live entertainment performances:
Friday on our South Beach style terrace 6pm - 9pm, weather permitted.
Saturday evenings inside the 3800 Lounge 9pm - 12am
You can enjoy a variety of lounge style music, jazz, and live percussion.
At 3800 Ocean, the dining experience provides a feast for the eyes and as well as the palate. But if the seaside view is simply an appetizer, it’s one that will wet the appetite for a truly delightful experience. Choose to dine indoors within a calming space of contemporary elegance, or outdoors on an expansive, covered patio where calming breezes and the soft sounds of the gentle surf provide an inviting and relaxed atmosphere.
- Special Events: 3800 Ocean can easily accommodate parties up to 25 people in our semi private room facility. We also offer group dining in a semi private area overlooking the Ocean. Please feel free to contact us for more information.
- Cross Street: 3800 North Ocean Blvd
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet service is quick and professional. You will be greeted by uniformed valets ready to assist you in your dining experience. Valet is complementary when dining at 3800 Ocean. Please ask our greeter for validation upon leaving.
A word from 3800 Ocean
We call it the “collective kitchen.” For the menus of 3800 Ocean are inspired not only by the local abundance of South Florida’s renowned crops that thrive under a hospitable climate, but by the regional flavors that stir the souls of our collaborative team of chefs. Each chef brings a new insight to the table: the comfort food favorites of New England; the fire and spice of Mexico; the Caribbean traditions of Jamaica; and the ageless classics of Long Island. Our own local abundance of fresh produce and seafood allows us to take the collective kitchen dining concept quite literally. Everything is made from scratch. Every taste evokes an emotional connection to a past culinary memory, or perhaps a future craving.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
3800 Ocean reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (16)romantic (11)special occasion (11)fit for foodies (7)great for outdoor dining (6)notable wine list (4)good for groups (4)great for brunch (3)neighborhood gem (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- turtleDined on 9/10/2014Food, service, and views were great. Hostess was super friendly.Special Features:
- 3800 OceancookingschoolownerDined on 9/6/2014One of our favorite restaurants. Not your"usual" fare. Menu is creative. We did a "taste of Palm Beach Prix Fixe" menu. The appetizers were good, but not memorable. The Pork Medallions with Spaetzle and Red Cabbage may have been the BEST entree I've had in some time. The desserts were pathetic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B7007Dined on 9/6/2014Disappointing experience due to table next to us talking extremely loud so much so the entire restaurant could hear it. Service was excellent and food was just average.Special Features:
- MaximDined on 9/4/2014very romantic setting, delicious food, and excellent service.Special Features:
- Go enjoy!FlavorFanVIPDined on 9/4/2014Fantastic spot. Great service, the best view, fun drink menu, and loved the flavor palm beach menu. Everything we had was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have had betterOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/2/2014Hopefully the chef was just having an off night when I was there. The restaurant is beautiful, lovely location. First course was the yellowtail tuna Carpaccio. Very good. I ordered lamb and for some reason it was never cooked correctly. First time ordered medium, thinking it would come more on the rare side, full blown well done. I sent it back. Second time one chop was rare, one was raw. Very disappointing. Hopefully the chef will get it together.Special Features:
- very coolVinceatollaDined on 8/31/2014Food and service were great. Staff was super friendly and attentive. 15 dollar cocktails where the only negative thing about this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh never againOnvacationVIPDined on 6/27/2014Nice view. The noise level in the room was very loud. Food was tasty but overpriced.Special Features:
- AnonVIPDined on 6/15/2014The worst brunch offering I have ever seen. Terrible eggs Benedict. We were seated outside to what would have been a lovely view, but all the guests going to the pool kept traipsing right through the area in which we were seated. Ridiculous traffic pattern!
- The following 226 reviews are from the 3800 Ocean reviews archive.
- Disappointed frequent dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2014We have been coming here for years. This is a lovely Marriott property. Our waitress knew NOTHING about the menu. Her reply to the first item was so vague the dish sounded unappetizing. She knew nothing about the second dish or third. Our first appetizer mussels had 14 mussels, 4 of them were not open or broken which means there spoiled. Were offered a free drink. We decline. The food & beverage manager arrives. His chef should not have allowed food to be served that was spoiled. I let him know the manager was to blame for our experience. He apologizes & sends more mussels He offers drinks or dessert. We decline. salads over dressed. One entree was over powered with vinegar, the other was good except for the mussels and clams.Special Features:
- Great Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2014Service was great. Very well staffed for Easter Brunch, food was great. Prices extremely reasonable to other options in the area. Very well managed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a hotel restaurantNanbugDined on 4/11/2014Great food and service, but overpriced and very little ambiance for that priceSpecial Features:
- Great setting, slow serviceMikeVIPDined on 4/7/2014Everything was slow and arriving somewhat cold. It was still a fun dining experience, but could have been WAY better with better timing in the kitchen.Special Features:
- DELICIOUS!!!!!!snowwhiteDined on 3/29/2014Love the decor. The bar is small and it took a bit to get service but the drinks were made very well. They were very pricey drinks though. We had a reservation and were seated on time. The lighting was perfect and furniture comfortable. We were seated by the window and the view was gorgeous despitte the weather not being the best. The wait staff gave us time to go over the menu. The food was AMAZING! We ordered a pasta and a fish. Both were cooked to absolute perfection. The portions were generous and we couldn't even finish our complete meals. It took a while to get our check even after it was requested. Overall, our experience was a fantastic one and we will definitely come again. The service s old score an 8 out 10, the food an 11!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The noise level is extremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/29/2014The noise level is extremely loud.It was our first and last visit .Hated the iceball in my drink.
- I can't recommend it highly enough!JEB7562Dined on 3/27/2014Everything we tried on the menu was the best we'd had all week. I highly recommend the Peekytoe Crab Louie - fried avocado! Phenomenal. And the 'Crabonara' is an unexpected improvement on one of my all-time favorites. Outstanding service - well staffed with folks who are happy to be there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Menu!LVal82Dined on 3/22/2014I took my sister to 3800. She was visiting from New York and she was amazed and loved her experience! We chose the lounge for a more relaxed setting and the food was great. We had the carrot hummus which was a great spin on traditional hummus, served with their homemade flat bread and fresh veggies. We also enjoyed the short rib and truffle flatbread which is large enough to share between 2-3 people. We enjoyed their Korean BBQ wraps; 3 scallion pancakes with "Korean style" bbq beef and kimchi. Absolutely flavorful and tender. We also enjoyed the tempura crab cakes. They were unexpectedly light with a thin tempura, not thick and greasy as one might imagine. Everything was divine as I expected and I will be sure to return as I always do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining by the SeaMarcybfcDined on 3/18/2014I had the opportunity to dine at 3800 Ocean twice. The pan seared crispy skin snapper and salmon with farro were exquisite. I am quite the connoisseur of salmon and this entree was one of my personal best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingSandDVIPDined on 3/15/2014We looked forward to dining at 3800ocean on a recent visit to Florida. The space is lovely and the servers are great but the menu was such a disappointment. We had looked at three weeks earlier when we were planning our trip and making reservations and it looked great. However, when we arrived the menu had been completely changed. There was not as much seafood as you would expect from a place called"Ocean". The dishes all seemed to try too hard to be something very creative and ended up coming off as just too much. Good basics with a flair might have been the intent, but it missed the mark.Special Features:
- I reserved a table at thePBGFoodieDined on 3/1/2014I reserved a table at the window - did not happen. New menu - took forever to get food. The waitress was apologetic but the other staff seemed confused and disoriented. For the price a disappointing experience.
- YukOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/14/2014The view is outstanding, service was great, lobster cake was out of this world, but the Key West Shrimp wasn't fresh and the Shrimp Tempura was just deep fried - and was awful. What a disappointment. Dinner may be fine, but don't go there for lunch.
- Good food and servicelovetoeatVIPDined on 2/8/2014Located in the Marriott Hotel on Singer Island the food is great and service is attentive and efficient. Prices are hotel rate and expensive but the quality of the food and preparation is worth it. Fish and beef dishes are always cooked to perfectionSpecial Features:
- Dinner at 3800SGWestonVIPDined on 2/6/2014Had dinner at 3800 with my husband in the hopes of enjoying some fresh seafood and a nice evening out together. The food was decent but somewhat bland. Biggest complaint was the total lack of ambiance in the restaurant. The place was ridiculously loud. It wasn't clear whether the high ceilings translated to poor acoustics or whether the loud families and groups were to blame. Either way, it was a bit of a shame because my husband and I couldn't even have a conversation over dinner. It is a hotel restaurant so I guess seeing small, disobedient children in a place where the average entree prices run around $25 to $35 is to be expected? Normally, we would have stayed for a post-dinner cocktail but our heads were spinning from the noise.Special Features:
- MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2014The menu has a lot to be desired. The desert was so bad we had to send it back. They need more options on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MixedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/28/2014Initial service was great, but had to wait way too long to make a drink order. Lovely place; fabulous view. There were many servers and we were helped by at least 5 but with all that attention, service was agonizingly slow. When I arrived I told them I had an Open Table reservation. They were expecting us and seated us right away. We enjoyed the food immensely but were bothered by the inadequate service. When we got home, I had received an email from Open Table saying that the restaurant had canceled my reservation. I called the restaurant and was advised that they do not participate in Open Table. I contacted Open Table and they made good on the points. Irksome situation. Go for the food and ambiance don't expect good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining w/ a view for any occasion!RobynLYDined on 1/25/2014Fantastic view, atmosphere, food and staff! I was looking for a place overlooking the ocean to have a small lunch party for my mom's birthday. 3800 Ocean turned out to be it! The staff was VERY accommodating. The food and custom cake they provided was amazing and affordable. The sandwiches were all delicious - great salads too. We had their pastry dept bake the cake for us... and it was... AMAZING...ONE OF THE BEST CAKES I'VE EVER HAD! Their event planner, pastry chef and our waiter were all very attentive. They all made the event so beautiful and my mom loved it! I highly recommend this restaurant for any occasion (whether it be a lunch/dinner for two, a party, a wedding, etc.,) and plan on booking reservations again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in a long timeJencbusVIPDined on 1/2/2014This was a meal we had the first night of our vacation. Well, it really spoiled us for everything else. It is not cheap, but the dollars you will spend are WORTH IT! Our server was wonderful, very friendly & attentive, but gave us plenty of time to talk each other & enjoy the experience. The food was excellent and perfectly plated. We made a reservation for 5 pm on an early January evening, & watched the ocean and beach from a completely unobstructed view. The windows face east, but when the sun set, we were treated to a beautiful pink sky with reflections off the clouds. For dinner, we enjoyed the feta/watermelon salad, followed by the local snapper and cobia entrees for dinner. Our waiter suggested the bottle of wine, which was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good hotel restaurantWithfriendsDined on 11/15/2013The service was very good and the food was good. The acoustics made it a little loud. Very convenient if staying in the hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food with greatFazio55VIPDined on 11/8/2013Very good food with great service in a beautiful setting. Whats not to like?I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2013This was the perfect setting for a reunion with old friends. It was very relaxed and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulAdriaDined on 10/11/2013It was a wonderful experience. The Valet service was courteous and swift. We enjoyed the ambience in the hotel itself. The view though obscured by darkness was full and spacious. The service was spot on and the 3 course meal was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great atmosphererichDined on 9/27/2013It was a great atmosphere and very romantic. Service was very good. I didn't have any complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice choice!MistyRiverLadyVIPDined on 9/26/2013We had problems with a wobbly table and the manager comped our wine! The staff did a great job to make us feel welcome and the food was very good. The chef is creative with his dishes - very nice.Special Features:
- Service was very slow at thePhilipVIPDined on 9/20/2013Service was very slow at the beginning while we were waiting to give our drink orders but it became much better as the evening progressed and the quality of the food more than made up for the slow start. The food was exceptional and we enjoyed the Flavor of Palm Beach special the restaurant was participating in for September and especially enjoyed the filet and the peach salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal with an ocean viewScootVIPDined on 9/7/2013We went here with a group of friends to take advantage of a month long promotion in Palm Beach county called Flavor. $35 for a three course menu. I choose the calamari app, sirloin steak (actually it was a filet) and chocolate mousse dessert. Great food. The wine is a bit pricey,and the total was well over $100, but it was nice for a restaurant we normally wouldn't have chosen because of the price. Nice ocean view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3800 oceanOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/4/2013Went as part of flavor of Palm Beach promotion with $35 for 3 course meal. Very generous portions with some hit and misses. Excellent appetizers and desserts. Entrees were salmon in a peanut sauce unfortunately overcooked. The half chicken over mashed potatoes and green beans was very good but for my taste they should have seasoned the chicken with salt and pepper alone instead of there spice mix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected delight on Singer IslandFoodTravelerDined on 9/3/2013We found 3800 Ocean through Flavors of Palm Beach. After comparing the restaurants and the menu choices for the Prix Frixe menus, we decided to try it. We're glad we did. The staff was friendly, approachable, and helpful. The food was creative, attractively presented, and served at proper timing- not rushed. The staff was outstanding, adding greatly to this being an enjoyable evening. Flavors of Palm Beach runs through the month of September, so this would be a good time to try at reduced prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2013Could not have found a better place for our Anniversary!Special Features:
- One of our favorite places.ADCOMMDined on 7/14/2013One of our favorite places. The food is excellent and so is the service. The beach view is spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful VenueBonesDined on 7/6/2013We had a marvelous dining event at 3800 Ocean on the first night of our vacation on Singer Island. This wonderful venue set the stage for a great week at the beautiful Marriott Palm Beach Resort and Spa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.