38 Degrees Ale House and Grill
100 W. Main Street
Alhambra, CA 91801Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
38 Degrees Ale House and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.38degreesalhambra.com/
- Phone: 6262822038
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 1:00am; Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burgers, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: James Boyle
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call ahead to speak with any manager to design the perfect off site catering menu and package for your group, party or gathering.
A word from 38 Degrees Ale House and Grill
Besides pouring amazing craft brews from our 38 rotating taps, 38 Degrees has been creating and serving an eclectic selection of New American cuisine since June 2009. Please visit us in Alhambra on the corner of 1st & Main to experience the fun, easy going ambiance thousands of guests have raved about. Visit any reputable review site online and see! 38 Degrees was named as one of the top 100 Beer restaurants in the world in 2012 by RateBeer.com. We are great at accommodating large parties and/or entertaining a couple for a romantic night on the town. With our seasonal menu changes and daily tap changes of world class craft beer , we are sure to find the perfect dish and beverage for all of you. Cheers and look forward to taking care of you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
38 Degrees Ale House and Grill - Best Restaurants in Alhambra ›
38 Degrees Ale House and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (10)vibrant bar scene (9)neighborhood gem (6)late-night find (6)fit for foodies (5)great for lunch (4)special occasion (3)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- great service, great foodaikidudeDined on 10/18/2014Waiter was excellent, turkey burger tastey. Had reservations, was seated immediately. Beer, Pasadena craftsman IPA, perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/beer but the service...Val562Dined on 9/22/2014We were seated on a section that wasn't so busy. By the time we got our beers we were the only ones sitting in that section. Which wasn't a problem for us but felt like our waiter was rushing us to leave. The waiter even turned off our tv while the all other TVs in the restaurant were still on. We spent over 100$ at the restaurant and I expected better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it's all about the beerjpb1Dined on 8/10/2014Hubby, who loves beer, couldn't get over the beer menu. The food was tasty, albeit a bit ambitious. Had the pig and fig burger which was delish, but difficult to eat. Fries well cooked but over salty. Friends loved the chopped salad, though drenched in dressing and a huge portion. Duck 'burger' also overwhelming in size but very tasty. Terrific service though the salad came out last(?). Very helpful with food allergy needs. Bread pudding was good, not the greatness expected from the previous reviewers. Fair presentation. Fun atmosphere and we could have a conversation over dinner in the dining room (doubtful in the bar). Free parking in the city lot nearby was a plus. All in all a definite return is in our future.Special Features:
- Great for groups!Saffi2050VIPDined on 7/21/2014And individuals. A great location for us. Bringing a large group in the future & they seem very accommodating. Food was good, service as well! Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- We Will ReturnSharibabyVIPDined on 7/19/2014It was our (group of 6) first visit and we plan to return. We enjoyed the numerous selection of beers and the food had wonderful flavors. The establishment exceeded our expectations at every level. Great service and knowledge of both food and drink was a win-win here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 31 reviews are from the 38 Degrees Ale House and Grill reviews archive.
- Weekday lunchKraziramDined on 7/1/2014A group of us came in to have lunch and watch the USA soccer game. I made a reservation the day before and the hostess was very nice and helpful. We were able to add extra chairs to our table and the service and food were good. Free parking in the back was nice. Beer list was a little lacking on the light beer/pilsner side but plenty of hoppy and heavy choices.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/28/2014We happened to eat here during their 5th Anniversary celebration. The World Cup was on every television and some horrible bass type music was trying to play above that - the noise of the "music" was enough to drive me away. While I don't mind an energetic vibe, the booming bass with no real music was annoying. Aside from the noise level, the service was poor at best. I don't know if they weren't staffed appropriately, but to enjoy burgers and two beers we were there over two hours and part of that time was waiting for the third beer that was ordered by someone at our table that was apparently never ordered. Not sure I would have any reason to go back. There are lots of great craft beer bars that have better service.
- considered good for AlhambraFoodyVIPDined on 6/14/2014The beer and happy hour food is this place's most distinct feature. Service is ok, similar to a Yard House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014Great to see a genuine bar with great food in what is mostly an all asian neighborhood. Better to come here than drive up to Pasadena or the sketchy areas of L.A.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFunoneDined on 5/31/2014I was surprise by this place didn't really know where I was going just found it on line the food is great I enjoy beer and there beer selection top classSpecial Features:
- WOW!BellaVIPDined on 5/16/2014The food was better than fantastic. The Duck & Waffles were unbelievably great & cooked to perfection. The Jamablaya also was spicy and rice cooked well. If you like craft beers then you will have so many to choose from you will be in heaven. The only down side was hte noise level. Music blasting throughout the restaurant caused the natural level of speaking to go up to the loudest. If you don't need to have a very intense conversation and are not sensitive to noise, then don't miss this place!Special Features:
- Too loud, too garlickyNGPjulexDined on 4/24/2014Too loud to talk without shouting. French fries drenched in garlic spray not the frites you can expect in a Steak Frites plate. Other dishes we had heavy on the garlic too. No subtlety there. Great to watch sports and drink beer.
- great food and all kinds of beerthepapesDined on 3/21/2014I ate the green bean fries, ceasar salad, turkey burger, and the fish and chips and carrot cake in one sittinig. CUZ IMA PIG! anyways... the best fish n chips ive ever had hands down. had a couple swell beersSpecial Features:
- FIrst timersfood4dreaDined on 3/17/2014I loved my chicken sandwich, onion rings and Heff! My husband on the other hand hated his burger and drink! It is a bit overpriced. We paid about $50 for 2 burgers, 2 beers and onion rings. The service was horrible. He ignored us 3 times! We were trying to order an appetizer and by the time he took the order our meal came 5 minutes later.Special Features:
- The restaurant is in a goodpearlDined on 3/15/2014The restaurant is in a good location with ample parking in the pack. The service was wonderful and the service matched it. Fish tacos were great (a bit spicy, but tasty) and they have an ample beer menu). We were there for an early dinner on a Saturday night and it was starting to get really busy as we left. We'll definitely return again and again; looks like a good place for large group gathering too.Special Features:
- Bday celebrationRosieher81Dined on 3/14/2014I chose this place because of their extensive beer selection and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of their food. Staff was helpful, attentive, accommodating and friendly. Our server Mark was amazing and played a huge role in our experience there. We would definitely recommend this place and have intentions returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent spot!breathtakingVIPDined on 2/14/2014Very good food and spirits!! Our server Fernando was awesome. We will be back again! We want to try their burgers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than just good bar foodAnonymousDined on 2/14/2014Excellent menu, and everything we ordered was executed beautifully. Amazing beer list, and the service was top notch. What a great surprise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and beveragesBDavisDined on 2/6/2014The food and service has always been good at 38° - have never had a bad meal there. But the real drawing card is the eclectic beer and ale offerings. Great selection that is constantly updated. Not a place for a quiet romantic dinner, but certainly one for a great enjoyable dinner. This is a place we always come back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!KugeldogDined on 12/14/2013First timer I've been there. Food was very creative, interesting ingredients. My group of 6 loved our meal. I had great chicken with mac & cheese. Butternut squash soup was very good, not fabulous (better at Smoke House in Burbank). Caeser salad was a bit too heavy on anchovies for my taste. Friend said short ribs were very good. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemJoycevVIPDined on 11/22/201338 Degrees is our neighborhood spot for the best beers on tap and great burgers. Flight Night is always a great time to visit as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sports bargaruDined on 10/13/2013Went for burgers and to catch football. Served both purposes well
- DeliciousClaudiaDined on 10/3/2013The service was great, as soon as I walked in, my party seemed to be a priority even though the restaurant was pretty busy due to the Dodgers Playoff game. Happy hour prices and appetizers were awesome and the Fish Tacos were amazing! I will be back for the beer and tacos alone. The food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at 38 Degrees.......BarbuddyDined on 9/29/2013We came in as a couple.....the host and server were great...they served us and gave us conversation. This location is I believe the nicest looking type of sports bar in Alhambra. I had the Jambulaya and Macaroni with BBQ Pork. We had a great view of the big screen TV's and watched football. Great crowd, mostly 20's to 40's crowd....very casual, shorts, jerseys, etc. Drinks menu is waaay to big and to much to look at....menu is good and decribed in detail in what they offer...I asked the server how this place is on a Friday and Saturday night...she told me that they are packed all the time....Im going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would go back if it's onOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/22/2013I would go back if it's on my way; beer is on the pricey side, but is quite good, as is the food.Special Features:
- Favorite PubJoycevVIPDined on 9/20/2013Great spot to grab a burger and a beer. Lots of fantastic craft beers! Clay keeps the beer taps interesting and delicious. As for my favorite burger, it's the Menage 'O Pork Burger w/ ground pork & chorizo patty, bacon marmalade, pepper jack cheese, chipotle aioli, & watercress w/ sweet potato fries w/ garlic aioli! Happy Hour tacos are really good too. Keep an eye out for Flight Night, it's always a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BurgersStefferpmoDined on 9/12/2013The Muchuco burger i think thats what its callled was AWESOME :)Special Features:
- 38 Degrees - Great LunchNewOrleansFoodLoverVIPDined on 9/5/2013Salads were all outstanding. Service was very good despite being busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with nearly grown kidsNotmarionDined on 8/29/2013Not too pricey...we had an early lunch and were almost alone in there, which made it possible to hold a conversation. I suspect it gets loud at normal dining times. The food was ok...nothing to write home about, nothing to object to.Special Features:
- Bday DinnerChrisGDined on 8/24/2013Went here Saturday 8/24 to take my gf for a belated bday dinner I owed her..even though we do normally sushi or something for her, I opted for your place out of randomness considering Ive always wanted to go here for a long time and never could make the time. But after our dinner, I can certainly say I will be coming back more often than I should, and of course on my end is for the beers and your selections. The food was excellent and my gf couldnt and hasnt stopped talking about her Chicken Chipotle salad she had. The ambience was great, the service was really on par and I wanted to stay longer but when youre making up for a bday its not about me its about her! :)Special Features:
- Good Food!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2013Had a great time eating an early dinner with the hubby and the most memorable are the green bean fries....definitely going back for those. Everything we had was awesome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More Than Just a Bar . . .Wickedwitch2Dined on 7/20/2013I first tried 38 Degrees shortly after it opened. The previous owners had a good selection of beers, but the food was terrible. What a pleasant surprise to find an extensive, innovative and impressive menu at 38 Degrees. This visit was like always: no problems, always good food and service. The only downside for me is the noise level. I have a hearing loss and wear hearing aids, but still I have difficulty hearing those around me when the restaurant is crowded. BUT, that doesn't stop me from going there. Some favorites: several of the salads; the pulled beef sandwich; the incredible sweet potato fries (!); anything B-B-Q; and the salmon. So glad it's in Alhambra and close to home. Everyone in my party (four of us) was pleased this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and awesome beerOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/16/2013Food was amazing. Lamb burger is a must. Huge beer selection.Special Features:
- Great food with a twist!CrewVIPDined on 7/5/2013Such a vibrant place, cool wait-staff, great food. Notable beer list, it is an alehouse after all, with beer flights to try and helpful staff to find just the right beer for you. Had the short rib with truffled risotto, very tasty and tender! My daughter loves the Argentine style Philly steak sandwich with chimichuri, very unusual and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first time to this "new"PSmithVIPDined on 5/17/2013My first time to this "new" establishment in Alhambra. Great beer selections! And large portions, a very tasty Cobb Salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow, we booked this expectingCrewVIPDined on 5/10/2013Wow, we booked this expecting a burger & beer joint, but it was so much more! You need a while to peruse the beer list, and our server was helpful in making recommendations. The food was unexpectedly delicious and unique. Mac 'n cheese with pulled short rib meat.....braised pesto barley with yummy grilled veggies, a burger with cambozola cheese and a fried egg....all different and delicious! You could make a meal of the appetizers alone, and the short rib tacos were a fantastic start to our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.