835 Airport Blvd
Burlingame, CA 94010Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/california/doubletree-by-hilton-hotel-san-francisco-airport-SFOAODT/dining/index.html
- Phone: 6503732237x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily 6:00am-11:00am
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-2:00pm
Happy Hour: Daily 3:00pm-5:00pm, Thursdays 3:00pm-7:00pm
Dinner: Daily 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Peter Ochoa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Banquet facilities for over 300 people in our newly-renovated space.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Der 8886526570
A word from 37 North
Both a Pub and Restaurant, specializing in sustainable fresh local foods in a casual and upbeat environment. Offering comfortable seating scattered with overstuffed chairs and couches and accented by outdoor seating around courtyard fire pits. Highlighting artisan menu selections, creative wine and beer lists, including popular draft wines, and contemporary signature cocktails all at affordable prices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
37 North - Best Restaurants in Burlingame ›
37 North reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (18)kid-friendly (15)fit for foodies (15)special occasion (14)neighborhood gem (12)romantic (10)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (5)notable wine list (4)hot spot (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Nice dinnerDateNightVIPDined on 8/21/2014We always enjoy great service from Jesus when we dine at 37 North. Several evenings a week there is a jazz trio in the adjacent bar, which adds to the ambiance. The fresh, locally sourced food is always delicious. Favorites include the brussels sprouts, goat cheese, and cheesecake.Special Features:
- Very Disappointed!waugDined on 8/10/2014We were excited to try 37 North based on consistently good Yelp reviews. However, we were very disappointed. Just as we sat down, an extremely loud fire alarm went off. This required vacating the restaurant and coming back 15 minutes later. The service was very spotty - water drops on the obviously just washed wine glasses, no small plates to share the appetizer we ordered, bring a wrong cocktail, etc. It seemed like the kind of mistakes that a brand new restaurant would make. We all agreed the food quality was OK, but nothing to get excited about. And to top it off, our validated parking didn't work - twice. Finally, we drove over a curb to exit the parking.
- Comfortable and ElegantDateNightVIPDined on 8/2/2014Dining at 37 North is always a pleasant experience. The comfortable, yet elegant atmosphere and the local fresh food are always enjoyable. The excellent, attentive service delivered by Jesus enhances the experience, and the live jazz combo on Saturday nights adds to the fun.Special Features:
- Live jazz enhances good foodDateNightVIPDined on 7/19/201437 North has a menu that changes with the seasons and available fresh ingredients. The delicious food is enhanced by the live jazz music on Saturday nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerVIPDined on 7/19/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our experience at this fantastic restaurant. Very warm greeting from Jessica, who steered us to a wonderful table. Wait service by Juan Carlos was wonderful. His knowledge of menu items and recommendations were spot on. Who ever is in the kitchen cooking this amazing cuisine must be commended. 4 items - absolutely top notch - the salads and burgers - great; the tomato soup - something special and original. The finest course item was the skirt steak - very difficult to locate tasty skirt steak and this amazing restaurant actually has it, served with perfect artichokes and potatoes. Run, don't walk to this gem. Located within the Doubletree Hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- L8DinerVIPDined on 7/13/2014Food, burger, pork belly taco, reuben, was good. Price of alcoholic beverages OVERPRICED for the amount of beverage/serving: $14 for about 6 oz of wine & $10 for about a jigger of a premium gin. Server was efficient but not especially warm or friendly. I'll be back for the food but will have drinks elsewhere beforehand.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findGuldenDrakDined on 7/12/2014Ate dinner here with our family of 5 after a long day of travel. Food was excellent - especially the Brussels Sprouts, pork tacos, and house chips. Service was friendly and prompt. Only downside was the parking; it wasn't immediately evident that we needed to enter the ticketed gated area...and after we left, it took three tries to get the ticket validated (a technological problem, not a service issue.) Definitely recommend this for post-flight rejuvenation, though I'd allow extra time for exiting parking if you're going pre-flightSpecial Features:
- Amazing DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014I had an amazing time with my family. The chef prepared an exquisite dinner for a party of 8. We never expected such an amazing dinner. The hostess Jessica was great, had an outstanding enthusiasm in helping us. She checked on us constantly and made us feel like we were at home. Our server did an amazing job himself. We were surrounded with great energy and had a great vibe throughout the whole dinner. Everything was beyond great. Great food and service.Special Features:
- They did extra to take care of usbdhnyDined on 7/11/2014We were there for a friend's birthday. The restaurant helped us to celebrate. When we left, we did not realize we stayed there longer than the free parking hour. We told the waitress and her manager extended our free parking hour so we saved quite a lot of money. We appreciate their service and the food is good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm First VisitSennaDined on 7/3/201437 North was a fantastic/warm welcome. Food/Wine: The brussel sprouts, tuna tartare, rack of lamb (the special of the day), reuben, ribeye, roasted chicken were hits and the beignets were delightful. The GM, NickPiper, showed a thorough knowledge of the offerings (food & wine) and suggest a delicious Cabernet for the table. It's a great spot that locals probably won't stumble upon since it's within a hotel, but I feel that's a part of the allure since it's very spacious (no one bumping into my chair) and perfect for a large group to LOL with enough space not to disturb a small party for two. Thanks again Nick to you and your crew as it shows you all work well together and have the customer satisfaction squarely in focus.Special Features:
- Expectations Blown AwayLuv2DineDined on 6/28/2014I wanted to give my BF a special dinner and from the reviews, I decided to give 37North a try. I inquired about a customized dinner for 2 and spoke with Nick, the manager. Nick was very personable and helpful. He asked about our food preferences and food allergy, and prepared a menu off of that. Chef Peter prepared a 5-course dinner that was amazing and beyond my expectation. Something you would expect from Gary Danko's. You can feel the love that went into the preparation and cooking of this meal. He came out from the kitchen after the last course to make sure the food was perfect. (Trust me, it was!) From the food to the service, you can tell the people who work there genuinely care that you have a pleasurable experience. Thank U!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If dining in a lobby of a hotelhaaayjudeDined on 6/24/2014does not weird you out, the food was delicious. The menu suggestions were spot on.
- Impeccable ServiceCliffDined on 6/14/2014Fantastic food!!! I would recommend their pork belly tacos, lamb sliders, and grill pork chop. They are known for their locally sourced foods/drinks, which is great for me since I am a local and love to support local business.Special Features:
- Very disappointedsagggasVIPDined on 6/14/2014Arrived, table was ready. Good start. Ordered apps - Humbolt Fog fondue - melted cheese served in a ramekin is not fondue. Scotch was watered down. Pork chop was well cooked, but it wasn't a good piece of meat. When we were ready for check, it took them 25 minutes to collect our check. Another 10 to process. The server kept multi-tasking with other tables even though I told him we were in a hurry and needed to get to a show. Another 10 minutes to get our parking validated (he forgot that in all the multi-tasking). Another 20 minutes because the validation didn't work and by the time I corrected that, 10 other guests were stuck in the parking lot in front of us because their validation didn't work either (its in the Double Tree hotel).
- A Pleasant SurpriseAnnieVIPDined on 6/9/2014I was flipping through the peninsula Open Table and ran across this place. Didn't really realize it was part of a hotel untuil we drove up. It was a very pleasant surprise. The appetizers were really outstanding. The broccoli leaves and hand made chips were fresh, crisp, and tasty. I had the chicken and my friend had the pork and they were both on point. My only negative was we both ordered a Woodford Manhattan and it was terrible. Needed more sweet vermouth and tasted watered down for a very expensive drink. Neither one of us are complainers, but we'll order a glass of wine or a beer next time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late finding food, great!DobbinsDined on 6/3/2014Close to SFO. Order the pork chop it's best on menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badBawbDined on 5/25/2014Was expecting more after reading the reviews... the restaurant was nearly empty when we went (Sunday 9pm), and service was quite slow. The food was delicious, however.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food and ServicegingergalDined on 5/23/2014Delicious, locally sourced food and wines (from within 138 miles). The manager was friendly and helpful, and our server was attentive and extremely nice, as well. The entrees were all amazing (try the pork chop- it's a house specialty and crowd favourite for a reason!), and the live music was a fun addition for a birthday done right. Our server even had the band play at the table for the birthday boy, and brought out a cheesecake dessert with his name on it- great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total Disaster.GastroMommaVIPDined on 5/18/2014My husband and I first visited about 6 months ago and had a horrific experience. 20+ minutes to get our drinks, food delayed twice as long and one entree forgotten. It was so bad the manager gave us a $50 credit to return. Six months later we finally get the courage to give it another shot and we regretted it from the moment we sat down. It was a ghost town and the world's worst waitress who we assumed had to have been fired by now arrived at our table again. Another round of delayed drinks (my husbands soda took 20 minutes and then arrived without carbonation). Food took FOREVER even though we were the only ones there and they were "out" of the macaroni and cheese. Food is gross, menu is weird, service stinks and even free it's regrettable
- 37 north reviewfrtcVIPDined on 5/13/2014good place to stay so you can park your car for more than 7 days when flying of SF. Service was very good and the meal overall was good. We enjoy arriving there and having to drive other places where the food compares with this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseMoeJoeDined on 5/13/2014Dined here and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food! The brussell sprouts lived up to their reputation as well as the house-made chips. The pasta dish was outstanding -- not heavy as most pasta dishes tend to be. Overall, the wait staff were excellent, the ambience was perfect and the evening quite enjoyable.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchsomethingnewDined on 5/11/2014The live jazz during brunch was so awesome! And, the prime rib was great!Special Features:
- Good for a hotel restauranttiffanypDined on 5/10/2014We had a nice time at 37 North, but it felt a little like we were on a business trip. We probably should have expected that though, since it's in a hotel. Perhaps some lower lights would have made the ambiance a bit better. The food was decent. The drinks were good, although it took a long time to get them so I think they were a bit short staffed. It's a good place to go if you are not looking for a "scene." Also, it would be easy to meet people there because there's a parking lot and it's right off 101.Special Features:
- surprise neighborhood gemfamilydinersDined on 5/9/2014Had to pick my husband at SFO, it's Friday night, just wanted some place close by and would take reservation. Didn't want to wait in line after a long flight. Was skeptical about a "airport" hotel lobby restaurant but the menu looked interesting; so decided to give it a try. What a surprise. Surprisingly good. The waiter was very nice and provided excellent service. We got offered free snacks (mixed olives & chips with truffle oil) because it's our first visit. We shared octopus salad, warm goat cheese w/crostini & skirt steak. With the free snacks, it's more than enough food for us. Everything is very tasty; we liked the goat cheese & steak the most. We would definitely coming back for a 2nd when we are in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- We're repeat customers!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/9/2014We are never let down when we come here. Jesus, our waiter, is always friendly and accommodating. Nick, the manager, wants our service and food to be nothing but the best. If anything is not right, they work to make it so. The choices on the menu are varied so if you can choose a lighter fare or something of more substance. The added music Thursday-Sunday is also a nice touch.Special Features:
- Worst dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/7/2014The chicken was raw in both dishes that were ordered. We were charged for a complimentary appetizer and the wait staff was rude.
- The following 132 reviews are from the 37 North reviews archive.
- Decent Easter Brunch...LarryDined on 4/20/2014I've eaten here for other brunches for about 3 years now and the have to say, it's not what it used to be. Don't get me wrong, it's decent food, but there were certain dishes that needed some attention. Also, the price continues to creep up and I'm not sure why. The no longer serve mimosa's for brunch, whereas they used to. I hope the management remedies this issue which I feel is keeping people from coming to this potentially nice buffet.Special Features:
- disappointingdisappointingDined on 4/19/2014food was only ok - there were two instrumentalists - but they were so loud we requested a change of table - they offered us water when we sat down and they brought Voss to the table - we were pleasantly surprised until we received the bill - $5.00 per bottle and we didn't actually order it -
- WOW WOW WOWOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2014Comfortable seating Outstanding customer service by Jesus Excellent food Friendly and lovely manager NickSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server, Jesus, was veryJonathanDined on 4/4/2014Our server, Jesus, was very outgoing and told us that we had 2 complimentary starters, I didn't even know that our meal came with it. The servers kept checking up on us to see if everything was going alright and filled up our glasses of water whenever it was low. The pork chops were very moist and superb and blended well with the cooked apples! the Brussels sprouts had a rich taste, not to mention it went well with the potato chips. The potato chips with Brussels sprouts on top gave it the crunch it was missing! (both good combinations to eat together!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great Service!!JodidaVIPDined on 4/3/2014Went with my brother and my sister-in-law. We had a fabulous time. Great service and tasty food. Can't wait it go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than average hotel diningSFTourGuideDined on 3/30/201437 North is a hotel restaurant in an airport hotel. Usually patronized only by flight crews and travelers who missed their connections, we gave this place a shot., The updated menu had lots of interesting options, all of which were very good. Our server gave us the impression that he was new to the job, and wasn't very conversant in English - although he tried hard, the language was a barrier. Good thing we were one of the few parties in the dining room.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hotel RestaurantmargoVIPDined on 3/28/2014I didn't realize this restaurant was in a hotel when I booked it. Lots of potential. I liked that it wasn't crowded and there was plenty of parking. The manager, Nick, uses only locally sourced food. For bar food, the shrimp tempura was not tempura batter but more like fish and chips batter. Chicken wings were good. Mac & cheese was good, lamb sliders were good if you like lamb, the Reuben would have been really good if the bread (substituted sour dough) had been cooked longer and slower to get it nice and toasted. The fries served with it were disappointing, like the chef didnt fry them the the second time. Favorites were the Mary Farms chicken salad and the Brussels sprouts, which we would order again. Jazz band nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My daughter gave me a greatMariaDined on 3/23/2014My daughter gave me a great birthday dinner, drinks were really good and the food was exquisite! Great place to eat with a family! The service was really good, manager checked on us to see how we were doing, made us feel really welcomed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Lunch DateGr82eatVIPDined on 3/15/2014I took my client there after getting off of a flight from NY. We were hungry and needed a place close for a quick bit. 37 North met our expectations. It was very quiet there for lunch, the waitstaff was courteous and professional. We had a hamburger and the Ahi sandwich and it was delicious. We finished our meal with the donut shaped beignets, which were quite tasty and not too sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Reuben!DateNightVIPDined on 3/12/201437 North serves my favorite Reuben sandwich in the Bay Area! Available for lunch or dinner, this delicious corned beef concoction is always tender and juicy, with just the right amount of sauerkraut. I enjoy eating it along with the tasty brussels sprouts.Special Features:
- amazing servicekarlaVIPDined on 3/11/2014My friend and I went for a late dinner after work and our experience was wonderful our server was Jesus and he was very attentive polite and efficient even tho someone else joined us at last min he didn't complain cocktails need it some work but overall was pretty good the atmosphere of the restaurant its just perfect! Of course we will back!Special Features:
- We have been going here forJodidaVIPDined on 3/9/2014We have been going here for about 1 year now. The service has always been excellent, except for this time. Every detail was delayed. We never were offered or bought bread so I had to ask for some. I was embarrassed. I bought my brother and his wife here for their first time and I highly doubt that they will come back. Our cocktails took about 30 minutes. Then I thought they forgot are appetizers because they weren't coming either. It wasn't even a busy night. Then we ordered the beignets. Big mistake. Did they go to New Orleans to buy them?? When they bought them out they were burnt. Don't the people bringing out the food look at it first before giving it. By far not a good experience.Special Features:
- Great hotel restaurantDianaDined on 3/6/2014I brought a party of 8, everything was perfect. Our server Jesus gave great service. The food and ambience was great. I would definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad hotel restarant!!BeernutsVIPDined on 3/4/2014No intimacy & trying hard to be trendy but missed mark badly. Gastro pub? They changed the menu and décor but kept the same hotel kitchen staff. It was almost empty on a Tuesday night but we didn't get our entrees for more than 45 minutes and everything was overcooked and under seasoned. They used the wrong bread on their chicken sandwich (chicken jerky), the only edible item were the lamb sliders. We told our very nice server about the food and he was not shocked and was generally embarrassed that he had to serve us this Reno buffet menu. He ended up yelling at the kitchen and comping 2/3 food and giving us a free piece of cake. The cake was the best part of the meal and was probably bought from a local bakery on Burlingame Ave.