835 Airport Blvd
Burlingame, CA 94010Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/california/doubletree-by-hilton-hotel-san-francisco-airport-SFOAODT/dining/index.html
- Phone: 6503732237x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily 6:00am-11:00am
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-2:00pm
Happy Hour: Daily 3:00pm-5:00pm, Thursdays 3:00pm-7:00pm
Dinner: Daily 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Peter Ochoa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Banquet facilities for over 300 people in our newly-renovated space.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Der 8886526570
A word from 37 North
Both a Pub and hotel restaurant, specializing in sustainable fresh local foods in a casual and upbeat environment. Offering comfortable seating scattered with overstuffed chairs and couches and accented by outdoor seating around courtyard fire pits. Highlighting artisan menu selections, creative wine and beer lists, including popular draft wines, and contemporary signature cocktails all at affordable prices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
37 North - Best Restaurants in Burlingame ›
37 North reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (17)special occasion (13)neighborhood gem (13)fit for foodies (12)kid-friendly (10)vibrant bar scene (7)romantic (7)late-night find (6)great for lunch (6)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- SurprisesamerDined on 10/19/2014We were very pleasantly surprised by the service and food. Our waitress, Jenny, was excellent. Food from start to finish was very good.Special Features:
- Tucked away in a hotelgoodeatsDined on 10/12/2014Service and ambiance was excellent. The waitress was very nice, attentive, and charming. However, the steak was tough and chewy despite being medium, and the lamb sliders didn't have any flavor at all. Luckily the tomato vinaigrette sauce that came with the steak was great on the lamb sliders. The fried brussel sprouts and chips were the best part of the meal, but the kitchen needs to improve flavors on the main dishes for this restaurant to become a 4 or 5 star.Special Features:
- Not just another hotel restaurant.PatandBruceVIPDined on 10/11/2014In the Double Tree Hotel at SFO, this restaurant works well for residents of the area. Although the service can be a bit slow, I think partly due to the size of the room and an overworked, but extremely gracious staff, the food is worth waiting for! Try the tomato soup and the roast chicken.Special Features:
- Awesome Bday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Jesus is always a great waiter and we enjoyed celebrating my daughter's Bday there. He comped us a wonderfully made and presented Bday cake with candles and all. Live band accompanied the Bday song where everyone joined in on the singing. Fun night! Thanks Jesus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food...a bit priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/9/2014Love the truffle chips! Everything I have had there is flavorful and well prepared. I guess because it is in a hotel that it is so pricey? Lunch for three (with no cocktails) was over $80.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem: Great food/better servicegoodfoodseekerDined on 9/30/2014This was a hidden gem buried inside the Double Tree hotel. Who knew? We had the wonderful Brussels sprouts and marinated squid as appetizers. For dinner we dined on seared scallops over a mushroom risotto and a perfectly cooked pork chop over garlic mash potatoes and delicious apples. The evening was all managed wonderfully by our terrific server Carmen. Great advice and description of the items on the menu. I would return just because of her service.Special Features:
- solidvpinDined on 9/20/2014This is a good hotel restaurant. Food is good, if not amazing. Service was a bit strange on the day we went -- despite having many open tables, there did not appear to be enough servers to handle the crowd. But, once we were seated, service was fine.Special Features:
- Never againItsMeDined on 9/20/2014Most of our food was inedible. My fondue looked like a cold congealed mass and the pork belly tacos were beyond tough and had no flavor. The best part of the meal was when it was over.
- Overall it's good, except ....bdhnyDined on 9/15/2014the busser at our table was rude to us. We did not know why he's so unfriendly or unwilling to serve our table. When we asked for water or bread, he "dropped" the items on our table without looking. Every time we said thank you to him, he ignored us. We do not believe that we had done anything to upset him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerVIPDined on 9/13/2014This gem of a restaurant nestled in the Doubletree Hotel in Burlingame is a sure winner. We thoroughly enjoyed our outstanding dishes. From the amazing skirt steak to the daily special, including wonderful soups and salads to die for. Everything was tasty and prepared with the utmost of care and concern. Service by Jenny was absolutely fantastic - she is a true professional, knowledgeable and every undertaking initiated and executed by her made our dinner experience one of the best. She was amazing. Enjoy this restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice dinnerDateNightVIPDined on 8/21/2014We always enjoy great service from Jesus when we dine at 37 North. Several evenings a week there is a jazz trio in the adjacent bar, which adds to the ambiance. The fresh, locally sourced food is always delicious. Favorites include the brussels sprouts, goat cheese, and cheesecake.Special Features:
- you askedthankskdVIPDined on 8/21/201437 North is fine for a quick early supper meal More café than restaurant, the menu is appropriate though limited; the food is nicely cooked but could be warmer, and may have been if served promptly upon finished cooking. Service was sketchy remembering what and when it was ordered, though the waitperson was pleasant and gracious.Special Features:
- Very Disappointed!waugDined on 8/10/2014We were excited to try 37 North based on consistently good Yelp reviews. However, we were very disappointed. Just as we sat down, an extremely loud fire alarm went off. This required vacating the restaurant and coming back 15 minutes later. The service was very spotty - water drops on the obviously just washed wine glasses, no small plates to share the appetizer we ordered, bring a wrong cocktail, etc. It seemed like the kind of mistakes that a brand new restaurant would make. We all agreed the food quality was OK, but nothing to get excited about. And to top it off, our validated parking didn't work - twice. Finally, we drove over a curb to exit the parking.
- Comfortable and ElegantDateNightVIPDined on 8/2/2014Dining at 37 North is always a pleasant experience. The comfortable, yet elegant atmosphere and the local fresh food are always enjoyable. The excellent, attentive service delivered by Jesus enhances the experience, and the live jazz combo on Saturday nights adds to the fun.Special Features:
- Live jazz enhances good foodDateNightVIPDined on 7/19/201437 North has a menu that changes with the seasons and available fresh ingredients. The delicious food is enhanced by the live jazz music on Saturday nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerVIPDined on 7/19/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our experience at this fantastic restaurant. Very warm greeting from Jessica, who steered us to a wonderful table. Wait service by Juan Carlos was wonderful. His knowledge of menu items and recommendations were spot on. Who ever is in the kitchen cooking this amazing cuisine must be commended. 4 items - absolutely top notch - the salads and burgers - great; the tomato soup - something special and original. The finest course item was the skirt steak - very difficult to locate tasty skirt steak and this amazing restaurant actually has it, served with perfect artichokes and potatoes. Run, don't walk to this gem. Located within the Doubletree Hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- L8DinerVIPDined on 7/13/2014Food, burger, pork belly taco, reuben, was good. Price of alcoholic beverages OVERPRICED for the amount of beverage/serving: $14 for about 6 oz of wine & $10 for about a jigger of a premium gin. Server was efficient but not especially warm or friendly. I'll be back for the food but will have drinks elsewhere beforehand.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findGuldenDrakDined on 7/12/2014Ate dinner here with our family of 5 after a long day of travel. Food was excellent - especially the Brussels Sprouts, pork tacos, and house chips. Service was friendly and prompt. Only downside was the parking; it wasn't immediately evident that we needed to enter the ticketed gated area...and after we left, it took three tries to get the ticket validated (a technological problem, not a service issue.) Definitely recommend this for post-flight rejuvenation, though I'd allow extra time for exiting parking if you're going pre-flightSpecial Features:
- Amazing DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014I had an amazing time with my family. The chef prepared an exquisite dinner for a party of 8. We never expected such an amazing dinner. The hostess Jessica was great, had an outstanding enthusiasm in helping us. She checked on us constantly and made us feel like we were at home. Our server did an amazing job himself. We were surrounded with great energy and had a great vibe throughout the whole dinner. Everything was beyond great. Great food and service.Special Features:
- They did extra to take care of usbdhnyDined on 7/11/2014We were there for a friend's birthday. The restaurant helped us to celebrate. When we left, we did not realize we stayed there longer than the free parking hour. We told the waitress and her manager extended our free parking hour so we saved quite a lot of money. We appreciate their service and the food is good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm First VisitSennaDined on 7/3/201437 North was a fantastic/warm welcome. Food/Wine: The brussel sprouts, tuna tartare, rack of lamb (the special of the day), reuben, ribeye, roasted chicken were hits and the beignets were delightful. The GM, NickPiper, showed a thorough knowledge of the offerings (food & wine) and suggest a delicious Cabernet for the table. It's a great spot that locals probably won't stumble upon since it's within a hotel, but I feel that's a part of the allure since it's very spacious (no one bumping into my chair) and perfect for a large group to LOL with enough space not to disturb a small party for two. Thanks again Nick to you and your crew as it shows you all work well together and have the customer satisfaction squarely in focus.Special Features:
- The following 148 reviews are from the 37 North reviews archive.
- Expectations Blown AwayLuv2DineDined on 6/28/2014I wanted to give my BF a special dinner and from the reviews, I decided to give 37North a try. I inquired about a customized dinner for 2 and spoke with Nick, the manager. Nick was very personable and helpful. He asked about our food preferences and food allergy, and prepared a menu off of that. Chef Peter prepared a 5-course dinner that was amazing and beyond my expectation. Something you would expect from Gary Danko's. You can feel the love that went into the preparation and cooking of this meal. He came out from the kitchen after the last course to make sure the food was perfect. (Trust me, it was!) From the food to the service, you can tell the people who work there genuinely care that you have a pleasurable experience. Thank U!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If dining in a lobby of a hotelhaaayjudeDined on 6/24/2014does not weird you out, the food was delicious. The menu suggestions were spot on.
- Impeccable ServiceCliffDined on 6/14/2014Fantastic food!!! I would recommend their pork belly tacos, lamb sliders, and grill pork chop. They are known for their locally sourced foods/drinks, which is great for me since I am a local and love to support local business.Special Features:
- Very disappointedsagggasVIPDined on 6/14/2014Arrived, table was ready. Good start. Ordered apps - Humbolt Fog fondue - melted cheese served in a ramekin is not fondue. Scotch was watered down. Pork chop was well cooked, but it wasn't a good piece of meat. When we were ready for check, it took them 25 minutes to collect our check. Another 10 to process. The server kept multi-tasking with other tables even though I told him we were in a hurry and needed to get to a show. Another 10 minutes to get our parking validated (he forgot that in all the multi-tasking). Another 20 minutes because the validation didn't work and by the time I corrected that, 10 other guests were stuck in the parking lot in front of us because their validation didn't work either (its in the Double Tree hotel).
- A Pleasant SurpriseAnnieVIPDined on 6/9/2014I was flipping through the peninsula Open Table and ran across this place. Didn't really realize it was part of a hotel untuil we drove up. It was a very pleasant surprise. The appetizers were really outstanding. The broccoli leaves and hand made chips were fresh, crisp, and tasty. I had the chicken and my friend had the pork and they were both on point. My only negative was we both ordered a Woodford Manhattan and it was terrible. Needed more sweet vermouth and tasted watered down for a very expensive drink. Neither one of us are complainers, but we'll order a glass of wine or a beer next time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late finding food, great!DobbinsDined on 6/3/2014Close to SFO. Order the pork chop it's best on menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badBawbVIPDined on 5/25/2014Was expecting more after reading the reviews... the restaurant was nearly empty when we went (Sunday 9pm), and service was quite slow. The food was delicious, however.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food and ServicegingergalDined on 5/23/2014Delicious, locally sourced food and wines (from within 138 miles). The manager was friendly and helpful, and our server was attentive and extremely nice, as well. The entrees were all amazing (try the pork chop- it's a house specialty and crowd favourite for a reason!), and the live music was a fun addition for a birthday done right. Our server even had the band play at the table for the birthday boy, and brought out a cheesecake dessert with his name on it- great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total Disaster.GastroMommaVIPDined on 5/18/2014My husband and I first visited about 6 months ago and had a horrific experience. 20+ minutes to get our drinks, food delayed twice as long and one entree forgotten. It was so bad the manager gave us a $50 credit to return. Six months later we finally get the courage to give it another shot and we regretted it from the moment we sat down. It was a ghost town and the world's worst waitress who we assumed had to have been fired by now arrived at our table again. Another round of delayed drinks (my husbands soda took 20 minutes and then arrived without carbonation). Food took FOREVER even though we were the only ones there and they were "out" of the macaroni and cheese. Food is gross, menu is weird, service stinks and even free it's regrettable
- 37 north reviewfrtcVIPDined on 5/13/2014good place to stay so you can park your car for more than 7 days when flying of SF. Service was very good and the meal overall was good. We enjoy arriving there and having to drive other places where the food compares with this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseMoeJoeDined on 5/13/2014Dined here and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food! The brussell sprouts lived up to their reputation as well as the house-made chips. The pasta dish was outstanding -- not heavy as most pasta dishes tend to be. Overall, the wait staff were excellent, the ambience was perfect and the evening quite enjoyable.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchsomethingnewDined on 5/11/2014The live jazz during brunch was so awesome! And, the prime rib was great!Special Features:
- Good for a hotel restauranttiffanypDined on 5/10/2014We had a nice time at 37 North, but it felt a little like we were on a business trip. We probably should have expected that though, since it's in a hotel. Perhaps some lower lights would have made the ambiance a bit better. The food was decent. The drinks were good, although it took a long time to get them so I think they were a bit short staffed. It's a good place to go if you are not looking for a "scene." Also, it would be easy to meet people there because there's a parking lot and it's right off 101.Special Features:
- surprise neighborhood gemfamilydinersDined on 5/9/2014Had to pick my husband at SFO, it's Friday night, just wanted some place close by and would take reservation. Didn't want to wait in line after a long flight. Was skeptical about a "airport" hotel lobby restaurant but the menu looked interesting; so decided to give it a try. What a surprise. Surprisingly good. The waiter was very nice and provided excellent service. We got offered free snacks (mixed olives & chips with truffle oil) because it's our first visit. We shared octopus salad, warm goat cheese w/crostini & skirt steak. With the free snacks, it's more than enough food for us. Everything is very tasty; we liked the goat cheese & steak the most. We would definitely coming back for a 2nd when we are in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- We're repeat customers!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/9/2014We are never let down when we come here. Jesus, our waiter, is always friendly and accommodating. Nick, the manager, wants our service and food to be nothing but the best. If anything is not right, they work to make it so. The choices on the menu are varied so if you can choose a lighter fare or something of more substance. The added music Thursday-Sunday is also a nice touch.Special Features:
- Worst dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/7/2014The chicken was raw in both dishes that were ordered. We were charged for a complimentary appetizer and the wait staff was rude.
- Decent Easter Brunch...LarryDined on 4/20/2014I've eaten here for other brunches for about 3 years now and the have to say, it's not what it used to be. Don't get me wrong, it's decent food, but there were certain dishes that needed some attention. Also, the price continues to creep up and I'm not sure why. The no longer serve mimosa's for brunch, whereas they used to. I hope the management remedies this issue which I feel is keeping people from coming to this potentially nice buffet.Special Features:
- disappointingdisappointingDined on 4/19/2014food was only ok - there were two instrumentalists - but they were so loud we requested a change of table - they offered us water when we sat down and they brought Voss to the table - we were pleasantly surprised until we received the bill - $5.00 per bottle and we didn't actually order it -
- WOW WOW WOWOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2014Comfortable seating Outstanding customer service by Jesus Excellent food Friendly and lovely manager NickSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.