32 East Atlantic Avenue
Delray Beach, FL 33444Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.32east.com/
- Phone: 5612767868
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Nick Morfogen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
A word from 32 East
32 East generates a vibrant atmosphere for savoring incredibly delicious food, attracting savvy guests and exceptional critical reviews. Chef Nick Morfogen forges innovation with exciting dishes and great flavors by sourcing seasonal products from around the country. Named one of the top chefs in America in Food & Wine Magazine, he presents a fresh approach to contemporary American style, offering an intriguing menu which changes daily. A full service bar and award-winning wine list complement the dining experience. Zagat Rated. DiRoNa Award. Florida Trend “Dining Hall of Fame”.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
32 East - Best Restaurants in Delray Beach ›
32 East reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (59)special occasion (52)neighborhood gem (43)notable wine list (42)vibrant bar scene (31)romantic (29)hot spot (26)good for groups (19)great for outdoor dining (17)late-night find (11)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- MRAZVIPDined on 9/20/2014We booked our table in advance and we had to wait over 45 minutes to finally get seated. Once we were seated, our server told us that the menu was changed daily, and offered the filet, as he pointed to the menu, making it sound as if it was the steak printed there. When we received the bill, it was more expensive than the steak we had expected to get. It turned out that this item was not listed and it was one of the specials which was not printed. I don't mind spending extra on my food if it is excellent, and if I know what I will be paying in advance. The food ended up being mediocre.
- Great, butSarlisx2Dined on 9/17/2014Everything was perfect...except that they do not provide dessert spoons! Not every dessert can be eaten with only a fork.Special Features:
- Outstanding first experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014I made dinner reservations in special occasion for my mom's 49th birthday party. I loved that they made special accommodations in regards to such a special day for my mom and had "Happy birthday!!!" at the top of our menus. Also, my boyfriend John works in the kitchen and is an expeditor so I already had high expectations and excitement to try Chef Nick's menu. I was blown away by the 10-course meal we were all presented with! Every plate was fantastic and beautiful to a T! It has become my mom's favorite restaurant now. Bravo to every employee and the entire cooking staff and especially to Chef Nick!Special Features:
- Great Food So so serviceDevPBGVIPDined on 9/13/2014I made a reservation through open table but hostess did not check me in correctly. I did not receive my points as a result .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicersjyardboyDined on 9/13/2014A bit pricy but I don't mind if I can get value for the price, which I did. The food was great as was our waiter. We took his recommendation on the dinner selection and we were very happy. A great dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Every time we go to 32 East I always know we will have a great meal. The scallops are divine, each preparation is a new favorite since the menu changes daily. Chef Nick Morfogen is truly a local gem. We always hope he is cooking, amazing things always come from his kitchen. Never trying too hard, the combinations are perfection on a plate. Atlantic Avenue has some wonderful new restaurants, but 32 East will always be in the top as long as Chef Morfogen is there.Special Features:
- Amazing FlavorVegomaticDined on 9/11/2014Amazingly fresh flavor from their farm to table approach. Great selection of ingredients to make appropriate flavor pallette on my tongue! Great place, talented Chef most definitely.Special Features:
- Always GreatNYFoodieVIPDined on 9/7/2014How can you go wrong with 32 East? Great food, great atmosphere, great service, great wine list. It's a win-win all the time. Had a rehearsal dinner there, also, and the food and service was OUTSTANDING! Highly recommend it for a small to mid-size party.Special Features:
- Last minute decisionBocaFoodieDined on 9/5/2014We had reservations at a nearby restaurant and upon arrival decided it was not the place for us. We quickly booked a reservation at 32 East and was not disappointed by the food. The restaurant was a little too noisy for my taste. the food was great, however the service was just average.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacestenomanDined on 9/3/2014Went there during the week for my anniversary with my wife. They printed Happy Anniversary on the menu which I thought was a nice touch. Menu changes daily. Wine list was excellent but a little pricey but what the heck it was a special occasion. Waiter was entertaining and helpful but not quite as attentive as maybe he should have been considering the place was not very full. Didn't come over and check on us after we received our food. Food was very good and well presented. If your looking for a nice high-end restaurant I would recommend 32 East.Special Features:
- Great as usualbgmmDined on 8/31/2014We love this place. Always fantastic food, good atmosphere, and great serviceSpecial Features:
- very long wait.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014We had a reservation at 8:45 pm (on a Saturday night) and we waited until 10:30 to be seated. Unreasonable wait. However, food was excellent.Special Features:
- Great mealDelrayDivaVIPDined on 8/30/2014No matter what you order, you will not be disappointed. The food is always excellent. We did notice some new servers that need more training, but other than that, it is as good as always.Special Features:
- 32 EastdoclevyVIPDined on 8/30/2014The food and service was very good. The noise from the motorcycles and hot cars was too much. The evening was hot and there was no breeze. Truly uncomfortable outside dining. A Car pulled up; an AC Cobra with virtually no muffler. The parking fellows left it running for ten minutes while they took pictures and finally figured out how to get into the car and drive it away. Could not hear yourself think.Special Features:
- Always, always, always OUTSTANDING!SummerDined on 8/30/2014The food NEVER disappoints. Great wine list. On this trip to 32 East, Jeffrey was our service and he was exceptional! He was informed, available, considerate, friendly and a very nice demeanor. Would definitely ask for him again.Special Features:
- Food & service were exceptional!Luv2eatDined on 8/29/2014We were there with a large group for a birthday party. They had the name of the birthday boy at top of menu to make it a more personal experience. The service was amazing & the food was phenomenal! Highly recommend the Grouper, Scallops & Pork Chops!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strips were good...DaveVIPDined on 8/28/2014I would get the steaks without the sauce.. or sauce on the side. Wish they had serve french fries.A good steak needs crispy french friesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantLuv2dineVIPDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant has been a fAmily favorite for years. The chef is brilliant, service is great, and prices are reasonableSpecial Features:
- Great Food - a bit loudRickDined on 8/22/2014We were a group of 4 and each got something different. The food was well portioned and tasted as good as it looked and smelled. The all important service was constant and pleasant. It was a bit loud, but that was not an issue. It was a bit expensive, so I would definitely reserve this one for special occasions. This is one to remember and come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/17/2014Food was terrific and enjoyed by all four of us. Service gap between entree and dessert was disappointing, but won't stop me from going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st meal was fantasticWewillbebacksoonDined on 8/16/2014We had agroup of 6. Our server was attentive to our needs and made our dining experience superb. The good choices were good but I would have liked more local fish dishes. The snapper was replaced by hog snapper which would have been good to know prior to ordering. I had the scallops as a default choice and they were excellent. The curry soup is highly recommended. If you want a great meal in Delray, this is a great spot.Special Features:
- Great service, great food!!!!MSG4diningoutVIPDined on 8/16/2014I can always count on this restaurant to have excellent food, wine, and service. They honor our reservation, which is unusual in Delray Beach. They have a great chef, management, and staff. A favorite for me.Special Features:
- 32 East Is GreatJuicyDined on 8/16/2014We love eating at 32 East in Delray Beach, Florida. The menu is varied and the food is consistently excellent. Start off with one of their many cocktails or a bottle of wine. The desserts are fabulous too. Everything at 32 East is wonderful for people who appreciate fine dining. Then take a stroll on Atlantic Avenue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food-rushed servicetravratVIPDined on 8/15/2014I have always enjoyed the food at 32 East and the food did not disappoint. The tri-color salad with marcona almonds and goat cheese was delicious. Unfortunately, two different servers tried to take it away from me before I was halfway done eating it simply because the other diners at my table finished their appetizers before I did. Then they immediately brought out our entrees when they cleared their appetizer plates. I felt overly rushed as if they couldn't wait to get rid of us and seat another table to make more money. I felt more like I was at a fast food restaurant than a fine dining establishment which I believe 32 East is. I will go back-hopefully my next server will pace the meal in a more timely fashion.I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointmentwanttobeimpressedDined on 8/13/2014Table was in an awful location, but we can understand big tables are a problem sometimes. Menu was not too friendly to non-fish eaters(only three non-fish items) Location also was very dark. Very tough to read the menu but perhaps they don't want older people so they keep it dark. We ordered at 7:15, one of the specials was wild salmon. Three out of the 7 of us ordered it. At 7:20 they came back to the table to say they had one left. The one order came out well done and dry. We sent it back of course but didn't even get a manager's visit or an apology. At these price points this behavior is inexcusable. We are generally easy to please but this was asking too much. I should mention we presented a groupon before the meal started. Enough said.Special Features:
- Great food!Gr8funDined on 8/9/2014Excellent food. Priced like others in the area with just ok food. Only negative you have to almost scream across your table or you can't hear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentShortyDined on 8/9/2014Both my dinner and my friend's dinner was delicious and the service from the busboy to our waiter Sean was wonderful. The restaurant decor was nice. The noise level was okay, you could still talk and hear each other across a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great !Great2dineDined on 8/5/2014Food is awesome, restaurant ambient is great! Nice place to have a good time with friends or family. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- James Beard?TahiaVIPDined on 8/1/2014Crudo good. Two fish plates overcooked. Expected a lot more.
- 32 East gets 100!BCDaleyVIPDined on 7/26/2014The space is comfortable, intimate and casually upscale, an indicator of good things to come. This restaurant might have the best wine menu I've ever seen, with outstanding wines available by the glass, and a wide range of Cali, Oregon and Washington wines by the bottle offered along side an interesting selection of French, South American and other international options. My date and I opted for a selection of appetizers over any of the entrees (variety over quantity), and all were amazing. Most notable, the red curry shrimp soup was such a complex combination of flavors, art in the form of food! The anchovies on the Ceasar salad were plump, moist and tasty, not dry and wizzened. 32 East is a rare find and should not be missed.Special Features:
- A very mixed bagmykee44Dined on 7/26/2014First time here. We were seated at a small table for two crammed between two other tables. Asked for a booth but were told they were all reserved even though it was early. My wife spoke with another person and we did get a booth. The Caesar salads were rather bland, We both ordered $46 aged NY strip steaks. Mine was perfect and melted in your mouth. My wife's was fatty, gristle laden, dry, and inedible even though it was ordered medium rare. The potato and vegetables were excellent and the chocolate chip cookie sundae was to die for.Special Features:
- Delray LandmarkWendyDavisVIPDined on 7/24/2014You really can't go wrong with 32 East. They have been a Delray Beach hot-spot for years!! The pizza we ordered was amazing! The mussels were great also, although my friend said she kept tasting sand in hers. And the steak, well that's what didn't really impress me. I ordered it med-rare, and it was med-well. The potato stack it was served with was amazing though! Our waiter Craig was on point, and thanks to my open table reservation, we got a great booth & didn't have to wait at all...even though we were 15 minutes early!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A winnersamyVIPDined on 7/19/2014This is our third time visiting 32 East. It is delivers consistently good service and food. It's a great place for small parties or large groups.Special Features:
- Best in Delray Beach by farDocsidDined on 7/11/2014We booked an early table to celebrate mom's 90th birthday.Once inside mom was greeted by the hostess staff with a resounding "happy birthday Mildred". Escorted to a comfy booth Leslie presented menus printed at the top with another personalized happy birthday to mom. The menu changes daily so we had no preconceptions of our choices. Drinks arrived while we tried to decide among all the wonderful openers and entrees. Leslie had some suggestions and radiated pride in her kitchen and was rightfully optimistic that any selection we made would be especially good and well prepared. She was correct. Having come to Delray often to visit and having sampled fare from most of the highly touted spots our dinner here was by far the best of all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left hungryLHPdinersDined on 6/28/201432 East is a great restaurant, however the food portions are very small for the prices. Our swordfish was $32 and about 5 ounces. Service was really slow getting beverages, etc.Special Features:
- Friendly serversFoodiefamDined on 6/28/2014Lively, friendly space for dining. Wait staff runs like a well-oiled machine and friendly too. Rare find! Food choices innovative. I would call it romantic for two except the tables for 2 are on top of each other and seem invasive into others space. Request a booth if looking for a more romantic seating arrangement.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Servicee320manDined on 6/28/2014This was our second visit to 32 East and Ii have to say it was as good or better than the first. We both ordered fish and each plate(swordfish & snapper) was perfectly prepared. Service was unobtrusive and responsive. My only concern is the restaurant is very noisy when full and carrying on a normal conversation was a bit difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a special occasionjbags81Dined on 6/27/2014I made a reservation for my girlfriends birthday at 32 East because she was turning 32. I was busy at work most of the day of the reservation with minimal time to call ahead and try to plan something extra (e.g. dessert, sparkling wine). I called on my way up, about 2 hours before dinner, and asked if I could pre-order a bottle of prosecco and dessert for her birthday. When we got there the prosecco was chilled and waiting with two flutes, they had printed "Happy Birthday (Her Name)!" on custom printed menus, and we had one of the best seats in the house waiting for us. When we were finished they brought out a very nice dessert with candles. The service and food at this place was top notch.Special Features:
- nickDined on 6/25/2014It is our special occasion restaurant always greatSpecial Features:
- Great Food But Not Coming Backtwo2tangoDined on 6/21/2014We made a res for this place based on reviews on your site. When we arrived we were in a good mood, but found the Host staff very unfriendly. Even with a res and at an early hour with plenty of tables open, they first led us to a very small 2 top in a row of about 10 tables. We smiled but declined and asked for a booth, but were curtly told that the 4x seat booths could only be sat for that many; even though shortly afterwards a couple got seated at one nearby. So much for that rule. We took a very small booth near the kitchen. Our waiter Michael was very nice and knowledgeable, and the food was great; but unfortunately the frosty reception and atmosphere in the tight booth wasn't worth what the meal cost us in dollars or dining pleasure.