32 East Atlantic Avenue
Delray Beach, FL 33444Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.32east.com/
- Phone: 5612767868
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Nick Morfogen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
A word from 32 East
32 East generates a vibrant atmosphere for savoring incredibly delicious food, attracting savvy guests and exceptional critical reviews. Chef Nick Morfogen forges innovation with exciting dishes and great flavors by sourcing seasonal products from around the country. Named one of the top chefs in America in Food & Wine Magazine, he presents a fresh approach to contemporary American style, offering an intriguing menu which changes daily. A full service bar and award-winning wine list complement the dining experience. Zagat Rated. DiRoNa Award. Florida Trend “Dining Hall of Fame”.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
32 East - Best Restaurants in Delray Beach ›
32 East reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (48)fit for foodies (47)notable wine list (34)neighborhood gem (33)romantic (28)vibrant bar scene (28)hot spot (23)good for groups (17)great for outdoor dining (16)late-night find (12)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great restaurantLuv2dineVIPDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant has been a fAmily favorite for years. The chef is brilliant, service is great, and prices are reasonableSpecial Features:
- Great Food - a bit loudRickDined on 8/22/2014We were a group of 4 and each got something different. The food was well portioned and tasted as good as it looked and smelled. The all important service was constant and pleasant. It was a bit loud, but that was not an issue. It was a bit expensive, so I would definitely reserve this one for special occasions. This is one to remember and come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/17/2014Food was terrific and enjoyed by all four of us. Service gap between entree and dessert was disappointing, but won't stop me from going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st meal was fantasticWewillbebacksoonDined on 8/16/2014We had agroup of 6. Our server was attentive to our needs and made our dining experience superb. The good choices were good but I would have liked more local fish dishes. The snapper was replaced by hog snapper which would have been good to know prior to ordering. I had the scallops as a default choice and they were excellent. The curry soup is highly recommended. If you want a great meal in Delray, this is a great spot.Special Features:
- Great service, great food!!!!MSG4diningoutVIPDined on 8/16/2014I can always count on this restaurant to have excellent food, wine, and service. They honor our reservation, which is unusual in Delray Beach. They have a great chef, management, and staff. A favorite for me.Special Features:
- 32 East Is GreatJuicyDined on 8/16/2014We love eating at 32 East in Delray Beach, Florida. The menu is varied and the food is consistently excellent. Start off with one of their many cocktails or a bottle of wine. The desserts are fabulous too. Everything at 32 East is wonderful for people who appreciate fine dining. Then take a stroll on Atlantic Avenue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food-rushed servicetravratVIPDined on 8/15/2014I have always enjoyed the food at 32 East and the food did not disappoint. The tri-color salad with marcona almonds and goat cheese was delicious. Unfortunately, two different servers tried to take it away from me before I was halfway done eating it simply because the other diners at my table finished their appetizers before I did. Then they immediately brought out our entrees when they cleared their appetizer plates. I felt overly rushed as if they couldn't wait to get rid of us and seat another table to make more money. I felt more like I was at a fast food restaurant than a fine dining establishment which I believe 32 East is. I will go back-hopefully my next server will pace the meal in a more timely fashion.I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointmentwanttobeimpressedDined on 8/13/2014Table was in an awful location, but we can understand big tables are a problem sometimes. Menu was not too friendly to non-fish eaters(only three non-fish items) Location also was very dark. Very tough to read the menu but perhaps they don't want older people so they keep it dark. We ordered at 7:15, one of the specials was wild salmon. Three out of the 7 of us ordered it. At 7:20 they came back to the table to say they had one left. The one order came out well done and dry. We sent it back of course but didn't even get a manager's visit or an apology. At these price points this behavior is inexcusable. We are generally easy to please but this was asking too much. I should mention we presented a groupon before the meal started. Enough said.Special Features:
- Great food!Gr8funDined on 8/9/2014Excellent food. Priced like others in the area with just ok food. Only negative you have to almost scream across your table or you can't hear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentShortyDined on 8/9/2014Both my dinner and my friend's dinner was delicious and the service from the busboy to our waiter Sean was wonderful. The restaurant decor was nice. The noise level was okay, you could still talk and hear each other across a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great !Great2dineDined on 8/5/2014Food is awesome, restaurant ambient is great! Nice place to have a good time with friends or family. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 32 East gets 100!BCDaleyVIPDined on 7/26/2014The space is comfortable, intimate and casually upscale, an indicator of good things to come. This restaurant might have the best wine menu I've ever seen, with outstanding wines available by the glass, and a wide range of Cali, Oregon and Washington wines by the bottle offered along side an interesting selection of French, South American and other international options. My date and I opted for a selection of appetizers over any of the entrees (variety over quantity), and all were amazing. Most notable, the red curry shrimp soup was such a complex combination of flavors, art in the form of food! The anchovies on the Ceasar salad were plump, moist and tasty, not dry and wizzened. 32 East is a rare find and should not be missed.Special Features:
- A very mixed bagmykee44Dined on 7/26/2014First time here. We were seated at a small table for two crammed between two other tables. Asked for a booth but were told they were all reserved even though it was early. My wife spoke with another person and we did get a booth. The Caesar salads were rather bland, We both ordered $46 aged NY strip steaks. Mine was perfect and melted in your mouth. My wife's was fatty, gristle laden, dry, and inedible even though it was ordered medium rare. The potato and vegetables were excellent and the chocolate chip cookie sundae was to die for.Special Features:
- Delray LandmarkWendyDavisVIPDined on 7/24/2014You really can't go wrong with 32 East. They have been a Delray Beach hot-spot for years!! The pizza we ordered was amazing! The mussels were great also, although my friend said she kept tasting sand in hers. And the steak, well that's what didn't really impress me. I ordered it med-rare, and it was med-well. The potato stack it was served with was amazing though! Our waiter Craig was on point, and thanks to my open table reservation, we got a great booth & didn't have to wait at all...even though we were 15 minutes early!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A winnersamyVIPDined on 7/19/2014This is our third time visiting 32 East. It is delivers consistently good service and food. It's a great place for small parties or large groups.Special Features:
- Best in Delray Beach by farDocsidDined on 7/11/2014We booked an early table to celebrate mom's 90th birthday.Once inside mom was greeted by the hostess staff with a resounding "happy birthday Mildred". Escorted to a comfy booth Leslie presented menus printed at the top with another personalized happy birthday to mom. The menu changes daily so we had no preconceptions of our choices. Drinks arrived while we tried to decide among all the wonderful openers and entrees. Leslie had some suggestions and radiated pride in her kitchen and was rightfully optimistic that any selection we made would be especially good and well prepared. She was correct. Having come to Delray often to visit and having sampled fare from most of the highly touted spots our dinner here was by far the best of all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left hungryLHPdinersDined on 6/28/201432 East is a great restaurant, however the food portions are very small for the prices. Our swordfish was $32 and about 5 ounces. Service was really slow getting beverages, etc.Special Features:
- Friendly serversFoodiefamDined on 6/28/2014Lively, friendly space for dining. Wait staff runs like a well-oiled machine and friendly too. Rare find! Food choices innovative. I would call it romantic for two except the tables for 2 are on top of each other and seem invasive into others space. Request a booth if looking for a more romantic seating arrangement.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Servicee320manDined on 6/28/2014This was our second visit to 32 East and Ii have to say it was as good or better than the first. We both ordered fish and each plate(swordfish & snapper) was perfectly prepared. Service was unobtrusive and responsive. My only concern is the restaurant is very noisy when full and carrying on a normal conversation was a bit difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a special occasionjbags81Dined on 6/27/2014I made a reservation for my girlfriends birthday at 32 East because she was turning 32. I was busy at work most of the day of the reservation with minimal time to call ahead and try to plan something extra (e.g. dessert, sparkling wine). I called on my way up, about 2 hours before dinner, and asked if I could pre-order a bottle of prosecco and dessert for her birthday. When we got there the prosecco was chilled and waiting with two flutes, they had printed "Happy Birthday (Her Name)!" on custom printed menus, and we had one of the best seats in the house waiting for us. When we were finished they brought out a very nice dessert with candles. The service and food at this place was top notch.Special Features:
- nickDined on 6/25/2014It is our special occasion restaurant always greatSpecial Features:
- Great Food But Not Coming Backtwo2tangoDined on 6/21/2014We made a res for this place based on reviews on your site. When we arrived we were in a good mood, but found the Host staff very unfriendly. Even with a res and at an early hour with plenty of tables open, they first led us to a very small 2 top in a row of about 10 tables. We smiled but declined and asked for a booth, but were curtly told that the 4x seat booths could only be sat for that many; even though shortly afterwards a couple got seated at one nearby. So much for that rule. We took a very small booth near the kitchen. Our waiter Michael was very nice and knowledgeable, and the food was great; but unfortunately the frosty reception and atmosphere in the tight booth wasn't worth what the meal cost us in dollars or dining pleasure.
- Best of DelrayAlanRDined on 6/15/2014Seafood preparations are first rate. Cannot find better pairing of sauces/vegetables with fish or scallops. Also best Caesar salad in town. With 50% off wines, chance to sample some first rate Bordeaux which is normally out of my price comfort zone and waiter was knowledgeable about the wines.Special Features:
- lunkshieDined on 6/14/2014I have been going to 32 East forever and the menu never ceases to amaze me. The combination of foods from the appetizers to the entrees - there is always something to delight. The service was excellent even on a busy "World Cup" Saturday night. A tad pricey but you do have a portion choice on some of the entrees. My all-time favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently wonderfulDelrayFoodiesDined on 6/13/2014We frequent this restaurant a few times a year every year since it first opened. We are never disappointed and in fact, always leave thinking that without doubt this is the best restaurant in Delray. The pork was scrumptious and the scallops were really delicious. Nothing was overcooked and all had seasonings that were not overpowering but there. The presentation was perfect. After our last meal at Max's Harvest which was a dud with 3 out of 4 ( honestly) really bad meals, this was really appreciated. There were a number of empty tables for a Saturday night which was surprising but after all, it is season. And, for us locals, that means getting into Atlantic Ave restaurants without too much trouble.Special Features:
- ExceptionalBoyntonBoyVIPDined on 6/12/2014the food is wonderful. The service isvery good. The staff pays close attention to your needs. A place for foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Yummy YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2014Always a delicious meal! Your daily menus and fresh catch keep us coming back.Special Features:
- Did Not Disappoint!!beauoliVIPDined on 5/31/2014We had not eaten here in many years and decided to go for dinner. Excellent appetizers!! I ate Curry Coconut Pork Chop!! ( I NEVER eat Pork Chops). Great desserts..really fun dinner and great atmosphere! It is a bit noisy but a very good restaurant!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Time2dineDined on 5/31/2014Dining experience was awful. The restaurant did not have the wine of our choice in stock. The mutton fish was dry and over cooked. Extremely noisy!!!!. Table are too close together. No privacy for conversation or eating enjoyment.
- Need a new waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/28/2014Great food as always. Wonderful daily menu. Love your wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JessJessDined on 5/25/2014We've been going to this place for the last ten years. You can't go wrong! The food is always great and the service is wonderful.Special Features:
- WeeklyVIPDined on 5/24/2014Ribs were too smokey. Very disappointing for a place where all food is usually superb Grouper tasty but portion very small Wine was great and so was cookie sundaeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFUL AS ALWAYS!DiningduoVIPDined on 5/23/2014This is truly one restaurant not to be missed! Everything was perfect from beginning to end! Menu selections were exquisite!Special Features:
- SpecialOptimisticVIPDined on 5/21/2014The Menu at 32 East is exceptional...changes daily!! We are always surprised by the new Entrees that Chef Nick has prepared!! Service is professional and attentive!!Special Features:
- Nice eveningMrjolefsonDined on 5/16/2014It was my daughter's birthday and we went there with her and three friends. The waiter was very nice and the help was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true gemWinegirl512Dined on 5/13/2014We came for an early dinner and were enchanted! The dates wrapped in prosciutto and stuffed with cheese appetizer was incredible. I had a Cosmo that was a perfect color and taste! Our waiter was very attentive without being obtrusive and offered a very complentary Pinot noir to go with my duck entree which was superb. My companion had the snapper which she loved. The portions are enormous, so make sure you are hungry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surpriseVipaliiiVIPDined on 5/8/2014Been by the place many times. Friend said its great, so four of us gave it a shot. Ended up eating at the bar as the bartender was great, both personality and service. Two of us had skirt steak which was perfectly cooked and had amazing favors. Pasta and fish were great too. They also sent out truffle rice balls and a pizza on the house while we were drinking. Nice touch and also very very good. Order the five sip knock off of a manhattan too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 715 reviews are from the 32 East reviews archive.
- LanieDined on 5/1/2014Always a delicious unique meal. Food changes daily and the diner is always surprised to find such a wide range of choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant in Delray BeachSundownerFoodieVIPDined on 4/26/2014We recently bought a beach condo in Delray Beach, so we've been frequenting the restaurants up and down Atlantic Ave to determine our go-to place. 32 East definitely makes our list. The menu changes every day, so I cannot specify a "favorite dish." However, I must say the foie gras tacos and duck entree I had just last week were truly wonderful. Their fish dishes are also very fresh and well prepared. The bread basket is so good, you have to be careful not to eat too much of it to save room for the wonderful dishes. We've only done outdoor dining since the indoor dining room gets incredibly noisy........but then again, this seems to be the case in most of the restaurants in Delray Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- llbaltoVIPDined on 4/26/2014The food is spectacular but the noise level really detracts from it.Special Features: