317 at Montgomery Street
317 Montgomery Street
Syracuse, NY 13202Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
317 at Montgomery Street
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.317syr.com/
- Phone: 3152144267x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Tim Brown
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available
A word from 317 at Montgomery Street
We are a modern fusion restaurant that specializes in using fresh, local ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
317 at Montgomery Street reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (25)special occasion (16)romantic (16)neighborhood gem (14)notable wine list (9)good for groups (7)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Special celebration dinnerLisaDined on 10/24/2014We were in town to celebrate a special event with our son who attends SU. We received a warm welcome when we arrived at 317 and were asked if we minded waiting a few minutes downstairs for a great table that was opening up by the window. Of course we waited! We were seated downstairs and given undivided attention while ordering some wine. When our table was ready, we enjoyed a lovely meal and superb service. The owner was very helpful in making recommendations for our return trip in May for graduation. 317 will definitely be in our plans again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeanBeanDined on 10/24/2014This was the 2nd time we had dinner at the 317. It was loud (1st time, not so, to our delight !) and the meal was disappointing. The scallop dish contained not-fresh mussels and the pumpkin- pancetta- risotto was spicy hot (not indicated on menu) and a strange , boxed flavor. If we come again, it will not be on the weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014My husband and I discovered this restaurant for our anniversary. Excellent meal, romantic setting. Will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Great menu and great vibe in the reastuarant. The service was a bit slow as the restaurant seemed short staffed the presentations were great but some one dish was cold, another the scallops were fishy and another was not tasty The place has great potentialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findAnneVIPDined on 10/11/2014This was our first time at 317 Montgomery. Our entire meal was very well presented and tasted wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet yumminesssjriley95Dined on 10/10/2014One of only a few parties in the restaurant on a Friday night. Delicious food wonderfully presented.Special Features:
- What a pleasant surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/4/2014Without question the best meal I have had in a month... I was visiting Syracuse from New York City and was lucky enough to dine at 317 Montgomery. If I am ever back in Syracuse I'll be at 317 again!Special Features:
- Amazing BirthdaymmazeDined on 10/4/2014Josh at 317 is amazing and went above and beyond all expectations! Excellent dinner, atmosphere and staff. We will definitely be back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not up to parNannarottoloDined on 10/4/2014Great service, ambiance. Attentive sommelier with nice, affordable wine list. Excellent appetizer of curried ground lamb. But the pasta with crab did not work nor properly cooked, the scallops were overly salty, and the ravioli with corn not right.
- Great findAppreciateGoodFoodDined on 9/27/2014My husband found this gem for my girls weekend away. I was in Syracus for three days and this resaurtant was the highlight of our weekend away. From the moment we walked in we were greeted with friendly professional staff& owner. The ambience was breath taking and quiet while the options for gluten free items were impressive not to mention delicious! Since arriving back home I think I have told everyone about this restuarant, I look forward to dining there again in the near furture this time with my husband so he to can try this amazing place. Thank you for a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- Great Meals ContinueSeaShellVIPDined on 9/26/2014We had 4 wonderful meals at 317. We started off with the compliments of the chef and appetizer called Bitterballen. We had Bitterballen recently in Amsterdam, and I can honestly say 317 was the best! With our salads and soup, we had three choices of delicious breads with assorted butter flavors. Our main course was Scallops which was carefully prepared; a wonderful duck with two cuts, a delectable fish of the day special , and a beef which had different cuts and again thoughtfully executed. All the meals have complimentary sides to complete the dish. To end this meal, we shared two warm toffee puddings with whipped cream desserts. The wine and specialty beer were also a hit. The owner is gracious and 317 is a joyous place to eat.Special Features:
- SolidDeesDined on 9/24/2014Excellent environment. Upscale feel without outrageous prices. Food was excellent. Very friendly service. Little things done well.Special Features:
- Excellence! An outstanding findaudreVIPDined on 9/19/2014We had a marvelous, well paced meal, with excellent service. The appetizers, beef satay and calamari marinara, great salads, the duck two ways, the pork and veal dishes were perfectly prepared and presented. The menu changes but each dish is created to perfection. You will enjoy this place whatever the selections!Special Features:
- myrtlemammaDined on 9/16/2014We (6) were disappointed. Maybe because it was a Tuesday evening, the regular chef was off. The escargot was good, but the remainder of my dinner was not up to par, i.e., sauce on scallop dinner very salty and the ravioli was dry and hard. There was one waitress and a bartender on duty. There were four other tables in use. Service was slow. Wines were very good.Special Features:
- A work in ProgressOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014The Chef is doing some really great stuff, but could show a bit more enthusiasm when discussing it. The wine pairings are not quite there yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 317 at MontgomerySteveDined on 9/4/2014Friendly service, wonderful ambience, and some of the finest food in Syracuse.Special Features:
- craigDined on 8/21/2014My second visit....as enjoyable as the first. Brought a friend who want, like I do to bring our husbands for dinner this Fall. I do hope 317 will "catch on". They May need more advertizing as I "stumbled" upon this gem.Special Features:
- Great food and service!rarbustoDined on 8/15/2014We were greeted by name by our host when we arrived. They gave us a complimentary sample of an appetizer not on the menu which was nice. Their homemade bread also a winner. The menu is small, but has a large variety. We ordered the swordfish and seafood dishes. The swordfish was on bone, massive, perfectly cooked, and delicious! The seafood dish was prepared just as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- D DobycraigDined on 8/7/2014As we planned to go to the museum next door, thought I would take a chance dining at 317 with a friend . I read that it served locally grown foods/meat. I was pleasantly surprised ..Service, food presentation,and dishes and dessert and coffee were all delicious. Bringing my husband and friends next!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Full of flavor!RTZ2Dined on 8/1/2014This restaurant remains undiscovered. My wife and I came on a Friday night, but there were only 2 other couples. The offerings were innovative and very rich with flavor. For example, the 317 BLT appetizer is a piece of marinated pork belly (I love pork belly!) on a french bed style toast with garnish. My duck entree featured seared duck breast (strong game flavor; must be aged), braised duck leg, and duck bacon infused bread pudding. My wife's Onion Bisque soup was light cream based with sweet Vadalia flavor ("awesome," she says). They also provided complimentary treats such as deep fried crusted lamb ball dumplings on crushed apple and a variety of home baked breads with three types of butter. Wine is moderately priced.Special Features:
- Someplace differentMissyDined on 7/31/2014My husband and I wanted to try a different resturant out. We were surprisingly pleased with the food, service, and ambience. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor experienceUGuysRockVIPDined on 7/23/2014Would not go back to this restaurant, all 4 of us who dined were very disappointed. This is definitely a place where a "foodie" would NOT want to spend their money, I'm almost speechless as I write this review due to it being such a low class experience. $300 not well spent!
- Downtown GemLarryBVIPDined on 7/3/2014We went to 317 while on vacation and loved it! The food is fresh, expertly-prepared, and delicious. We had a Vidalla onion soup that was superb, a great cheese platter, and two salads to start. We loved the soup so much that the chef came out and gave us hints on how to make it. (Which we did the next day.) Our entrees were scallops and a seafood "stew." All were superb and we'll-presented. The desserts were amazing but massive -can easily be shared by 3-4. The wine list covers all the varietals you would want, but there are only a few choices of each. You should be able to find a good pairing with any dish. Service was fantastic. Friendly and accommodating staff all around. Book your reservation today!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 38 reviews are from the 317 at Montgomery Street reviews archive.
- high-end, low-keyCruisingTheCuseDined on 6/26/2014Nice atmosphere and great food, without too much fuss. Waiter was unobtrusively there when needed. Some confusion on what was/was not GF, but a clearly-marked menue was provided. We took our time over dinner and desert, with no pressure to finish. Great way to show an out-of-town guest what Syracuse has to offer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- popsDined on 6/24/2014Service was welcoming, attentive, and gracious. The owners were present and engaging. The food was creative and outstanding. The decor was handsome and appropriate for a historic building in downtown Syracuse: warm woods, original tin ceiling, original art work on the walls. Quantities were just right for us weight conscious folks. This was our first visit to a recently opened restaurant, and we will be back for more. We will highly recommend 317 to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYC quality food at NYC pricesRedbirdDined on 5/29/2014Fantastic dining experience... food was complex, but not overly pretentious or experimental. Atmosphere was perfect for a romantic dinner. Severs were knowledgable and attentive, but not overly intrusive. Overall a great first experience and will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 317lindafabDined on 5/15/2014Food and service was very good staff attentive to questionsSpecial Features:
- Super nice Grad/Mother's Day brunchBldrfoodieDined on 5/11/2014Went to 317 @ M.S. to celebrate our son's graduation from SU, which fell on Mother's Day. I found the restaurant online and made a reservation based on the positive reviews. It didn't disappoint. The brunch menu had a number of very creative culinary offerings - the favorite was the duck bacon. We sat in the window with sunlight steaming in and a view of the three beautiful churches nearby. The interior of the restaurant is delightful, and the service attentive and personal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent for downtown, but priceyYummyFoodForagerDined on 5/10/2014The portions are generous, and the bread was warm (with homemade flavored butter!) but I was kind of bummed that the service was so rushed. I had not finished eating yet (in fact, had about 2 bites left) and the server already cleared off my dad's plate. I felt really rushed. This happened with my mom too when she went with my sister. Further, when they cleared off my appetizer, they took my silverware and forgot to replace it (so I had nothing to eat the main course with!). For the price, the portions are good, and it was tasty for Syracuse (I'm a big city foodie, so I get that a college town's options are not the same). Worth it if you want a nice dinner downtown. I just hope that the service improves a little.
- Huge DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014I read the wonderful reviews other patrons posted and chose 317 to celebrate my daughter's graduation from Syracuse University on Saturday night. The lamb chops that I ordered medium were served seared on the outside and raw inside as was my daughter's filet mignon that she also ordered medium. Both dishes were sent back to the kitchen two times with relatively no change and were left uneaten. The two ravioli dishes were heavy and tasteless. The halibut was nicely prepared, but the portion was so small, it was consumed in three bites. I wanted that night to be really special, and it could not have been less so.Special Features:
- Mixed reviewbostonvisitorVIPDined on 5/9/2014We were seated on time. Menu in window didn't match menu which likely changes daily. Soup described as lobster bisque was almost inedible. Not a drop of cream. Was orange colored pureed carrots and celery. Halibut was delicious. Service wasn't great considering restaurant was half full. Waitress said there were three ravioli in the entree when it arrived there were 5. Overall overpriced.Special Features:
- LunchKC22Dined on 5/9/2014Great Service, cute place but wasn't crazy about the food.Special Features:
- CivicCenterDinersannivgetawayDined on 5/6/2014The menu items were not standard fare. However, the food was delicious. Our waitress did not have answers for some menu items. She had to go back and ask the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!mrfairwayDined on 5/2/2014Nice to have a great fine dining option in downtown Syracuse. As a former resident of Chicago & Philly, I miss the small quaint restaurants where you can get a great meal and wine. 317 at Montgomery has everything you could want! Amazing meal and great menu options no matter what your tastes are. My date had a great chicken dish with morel mushrooms and I had a spectacular pork dish that was prepared to perfection. We skipped the 1st course but the chef prepared us a complimentary sample of a lamb appetizer with a great compote that was spectacular. The micro salad with asparagus and pancetta with a poached egg was delicious. Wine choices were good plus I like that they have a pairing options including a 5 course tasting menu option too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfuldiningfriendsDined on 4/30/2014Everything about our dining experience was wonderful. The food was different than what we have found elsewhere. Service was excellent. Our waiter was knowledgeable, funny and very pleasant. He neither rushed us or ignored us. I felt relaxed when I left. Definitely will share this find to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HastingsDined on 4/29/2014A great addition to downtown Syracuse! Friendly and delicious!!Special Features:
- Great new place to eat in Syracuse!RickjoDined on 4/29/2014Love this new restaurant in Syracuse! Food was wonderful. Can't wait to go back to try the 5 course tasting with wine! Only thing lacking is a more extensive wine list.Special Features:
- 317 STELLAR!!fussybudgetDined on 4/26/2014the location has always had an interesting restaurant for many years - but this is it's best reincarnation. The food is wonderful, the ambience is perfect, the staff absolutely marvelous -- can I find any more words to describe it?? my new favorite restaurant (at least downtown) although they give some of my outlying faves a run for their money. Must try -- the Calamari is the best I've EVER had!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Worth ItRogerDined on 4/25/2014The menu is 3 courses, each with it's own price. All 3 would cost about $40-$50 for dinner. I ordered duck. The portion was tiny and very chewy. My wife tried it and spit it out. Her tuna was a good portion, but bland and tasteless. Many better options in Syracuse. For two people, 2 courses each plus a $38 bottle of wine was $112 plus tip. Not worth it
- PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014We enjoyed a delicious brunch in a pleasing, quiet and homey atmosphere. The experience was just as I wanted it to be. Our waiter was helpful and personable. The owner stopped by our table to inquire about our satisfaction with the offerings. The Bloody Mary was the best I've had! The lamb was pink and juicy - delicious.Special Features: