315 Restaurant & Wine Bar
315 Old Santa Fe Trail
Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
315 Restaurant & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://315santafe.com/
- Phone: 5059869190x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Wine Bar, French
- Executive Chef: Louis Moskow
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Between West Alameda and Paseo De Peralta
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: 315 Restaurant and Wine Bar has ample, convenient parking (a luxury in downtown Santa Fe) located directly across the street from the restaurant. The parking lot is open from 5:30 until closing, and parking is free.
A word from 315 Restaurant & Wine Bar
315 offers a truly French experience in a city overflowing with Southwestern restaurants. Chef Louis Moskow's classically prepared cuisine is given a contemporary twist as a result of his commitment to using only the freshest ingredients. The wine list, one of the largest and most well-conceived in the region, includes more than 250 seasonally-driven selections from the finest vineyards in the world. Located on the historic Old Santa Fe Trail, 315 is housed in a beautifully renovated southwestern residence. The outdoor patio is open seasonally.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
315 Restaurant & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
315 Restaurant & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (44)notable wine list (38)romantic (34)special occasion (33)neighborhood gem (33)great for outdoor dining (32)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (4)good for groups (4)hot spot (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great place - as alwaysSFluvrDined on 9/9/2014315 has been one of our favorite Santa Fe restaurants for many years, and it continues to get better and better. In the last year they expanded into more space and added a hard liquor license, so now cocktails are available. However, the by-the-glass wine list is so good, that cocktails aren't really necessary. The food is superb and the service is friendly and knowledgeable. My only regret is that they've stopped serving lunch. Now we have to spend the night in Santa Fe in order to have dinner (and wine) there.Special Features:
- Great meal!KWS1Dined on 9/2/2014We ate for the first time at 315 this week....and it was delicious. The restaurant is lovely, the staff are wonderful and the bar mixes a mean and tasty cocktail! There are many small but airy rooms, so diners are spread out, and a lovely courtyard which also has well spaced tables. The menu offers something for everyone, everything is expertly prepared. Dinner was delicious. The trout appetizer was spectacular, and actually enough for the table to share. Our meals were cooked perfectly. We could not finish our dinner, so had delightful leftovers the next day.Special Features:
- For the dogsDiscerningDinerDined on 8/31/2014This is a restaurant we have eaten at for 15 years and have watched it go downhill. It was one of the best in town. The owner/Chef no long cooks or even shows up. The manager, who after 15 years is like a friend wasn't there either. A clueless group of people were serving and busing, if you can call it that. Requests for tea, water, ice was not filled. Busing was done after 15 minutes of sitting with dirty dishes on the table. To top it all off the scallops and mussels were spoiled, and smelled so bad that we wondered how anyone in the kitchen could have sent them out to the table. When we asked for them to be removed and showed to the chef, the waiter returned and said "well you know sometimes mussels are funky. We won't come back
- Outstanding!JayceeVIPDined on 8/27/2014Our first time there and we will go back. Has to be one of Santa Fe's best. No red or green chili!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!santafedlaDined on 8/23/2014I love this restaurant. Everything is top notch and they NEVER give you the bum's rush! Exquisite dining at your pace- what more could you ask?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great way to spend an eveningCliveVIPDined on 8/23/2014French Farmhouse feel, friendly and attentive service and great food. Don't get led away by other places, this is a grade A choice and you will want to eat like a local in this very friendly and reasonably priced bistro. come for drinks and eat a great bar menu. You will find it hard to stay way from here
- Good food, slow kitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014Food and ambiance are fine but my main course took so long to arrive, the apologetic waitress took my wine off the bill to apologize.Special Features:
- Worst ExperienceJAHILDined on 8/22/2014Have eaten here many times and always had an excellent experience. We chose a special Indian Market price fixed menu which was a HUGE mistake. Not only was the food disappointing but even with a reservation we were put in a room off to the side with one other couple. The service was rushed and the Buffalo steak tough and tasteless. At this time I would think long and hard before returning.Special Features:
- first time diner at 315eatsdessertfirstDined on 8/22/2014Dinner was fantastic and the service was very good. Dessert was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- drayVIPDined on 8/17/2014A very special place with very special people serving outstanding food. Great outdoor dinning experience. Staff (especially Sara & Whitney) went above and beyond to make our wedding anniversary dinner one to remember. Second visit to 315 but certainly not our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, s-l-o-w serviceKAVHDined on 8/16/2014The food was awesome but our service was way too slow. Not sure why. Waitress said they got backed up. She should have checked in with us more often and been a bit more forthright when she said our food would be out "momentarily" (which really meant 15-20 more minutes).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One Wishes it Were BetterStreetguyVIPDined on 8/11/2014The restaurant has a wonderful wine list and with reasonable prices compared similar restaurants in town. The food is simply not good enough. The best dish was our charcuterie plate with a fine array of smoked meats and pates. From there it was mostly downhill. The sweet breads were actually a whole pancreas (I think, and an unusual way to prepare it) with nothing to cut its unctuousness. There was a sauce, but I don't know what function it performed. The lamb brochettes were a good idea, but seemed to be under seasoned. Would have been better if marinated in advance. And although we arrived at 6:00 for an early dinner, they were out of the one desert we wanted. The service was solidly efficient.Special Features:
- The 315 RecommendationUncleMikeDined on 8/4/2014Before travelling to Santa Fe, we sought dinner venues from a long time friend who owns a home there. She gave us 4 "worthy" venues, one of which was 315 Restaurant and Wine Bar. We opted for an early, pre-opera meal. The service, from the time we arrived until we left, was excellent, the staff attentive and knowledgeable. We were somewhat disappointed not to find a reserve Malbec on the wine list, but quickly got beyond that expectation. The salad, beet, lettuce, and cheese was well presented and was tasty-not your usual beet salad. The steak frites was excellent, the meat perfectly served medium rare. All in all, a pleasant dining experience. It was a little noisy when a family with small children joined our dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2014A very enjoyable experience with professional yet friendly service. Wish we lived in Santa Fe...it would become a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inventive foodConnieVIPDined on 7/26/2014Three of us ate at 315 recently and we all enjoyed our meals. We split an order of squash blossoms for an appetizer and they were delightfully stuffed and fried. I loved the soft shell crab entree, the crabs were done perfectly and the veggie sides were just as interesting. Others enjoyed French Onion Soup and a pasta dish and some non-meat meatballs made with peas and morels! Nice drinks, great eating outside, attentive service. Love this place.Special Features:
- Better than goodMoodyBobVIPDined on 7/22/2014There are several restrautrants in Santa Fe worth trying, this is one of them. Superb bar selections matches with a talented bar tender. Table service is attentive without being in your face. Chef puts out a interesting and tasty fair that should please even the most picky of dinnersSpecial Features:
- Wonder Place to DineBarieDined on 7/19/2014315 Restaurant & Wine Bar was recommended to us by staff member at hotel Inn on the Alamenda. We had an excellent experience! The food and wine were outstanding. What a remember the most from the experience was the Trout Pate with warm flatbread. If we go back to Santa Fe again we will go to this restaurant. We would recommend this to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I had hopedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014For many years we had considered coming to 315 and the menu had always looked very promising. Friends had told us that they had enjoyed the best meal they had ever had in Santa Fe at this restaurant, but that they had also been served a mediocre meal there. Sadly, the mediocre is what we experienced. For the price, the food was under seasoned, dry, and the description far outshined the delivery. Our server was very attentive at the beginning of our meal and then we barely saw him and had trouble finding him near the end of the meal. Overall, it wasn't a horrible experience but not what we had hoped.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014My husband's 65th birthday; wonderful family affair. !!!'I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant in Santa FECB100Dined on 7/15/2014Celebrated my birthday here. Great, friendly staff. Looking for a simple, but good meal. Found it here at 315. Had steak au poivre. Prepared as I asked and it was a great steak. Superb wine list as you would expect from the restaurant name. Owner, Louis, came over to check several times on how the meal was. Highly recommend 315 for a great meal and accompanying wine. Will definitely return to this restaurant on next trip to Santa Fe.Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurantEileencDined on 7/15/2014The service was very friendly and attentive from everyone-the hostess, waiter, and other waiter. The food is continental more than Santa Fe and delicious. Not too much salt like many restaurants, fresh and excellently cooked. Patio is very pretty-only noise is from the street which is nicely screened by greenery.Special Features:
- An enjoyable mealNorthernNMDined on 7/12/2014The supper and service at 315 last Saturday night, July 12, 2014 were great. We tried the squash blossom and foie gras appetizers, the soft-shelled crabs, the duck, and the pork chop. All were well prepared.Special Features:
- DisappointingEatingiswhatIdobestVIPDined on 7/8/2014I'm so sorry to see one of my favorites loose the quality it had in the past. The affordable wines aren't very good, in my opinion, and the squash blossoms had too much batter on them.
- Ambience was stellar, food was notnisiDined on 7/6/2014Upon being seated, & inspecting the menu my husband & I were hopeful that FINALLY we'd found a great restaurant in NM. Everything about our initial assessment pointed to an excellent evening of outstanding food. The menu read beautifully with thoughtful ingredients, & an authentic french vibe. The ambience was perfect, from the grapevines circling the patio to the carefully curated art inside. The food fell short. The broth in my stew was flavorful, but the shell fish was overcooked. My husband's pasta dish came out undercooked the first time, al dente the second time, but was accompanied by a sauce of mushy veggies. Service was excellent & we were comped a cherry pie dessert, but the bottom crust hadn't finished baking & was still doughy.
- WonderfulButterflyDined on 7/2/2014We have not been to Santa Fe in several years however we did eat at this resturant last time we visited . We enjoyed it last time and decided to try again. The patio is lovely and quiet. I ordered the Halibut and it was delicious. For the dessert I had the Creme Brûlée and it was very good. My husband the trout pate for an appetizer and really enjoyed it. For his main course he ordered the Rabbit. It was good but a very small portion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/27/2014Celebrated my birthday with friends. Delicious crab claws, steak au poivre, halibut and sticky toffee cake. Beautiful outdoor patio and bar inside. Louis Moskow is very kind, talented and has a winner with this fabulous Santa Fe Restaurant. Amazing and varied reasonably priced wine list!Special Features:
- Main Entree Very Good...sparkysrevengeDined on 6/27/2014While the main entree was very good (i.e. halibut, lobster) the supporting cast had no character or further development. That doesn't mean they were bad at all, they just didn't add anything special to the main entree. Case in point the halibut comes with a cream spinach sauce that was really just a cream spinach sauce and at the price point you would expect a chefs special touch. Should note also that the lobster was cooked perfectly as was the halibut, not even close to being dry. We took an outside seat which was fine, but be warned you will notice the car traffic just in front. All in all would still recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local gemMarilynsListDined on 6/25/2014Thanks for a lovely evening. Food, wine, service excellent. The woman manager keeps an eye on everything - excellent. Have you considered a locals discount? Love that we can dine and have a conversation without much noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnchantingHungrybuddahDined on 6/23/2014The service was very friendly, the ambiance was warm and inviting, the food was nicely presented and very good...I would definitely dine here again (this is a 4 only because there were no 5's in Santa Fe). However, the star of this experience was the excellent to outstanding wine list. The selection was varied and a 5 star part of this very good dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Superb ExperienceLindaB12Dined on 6/21/2014We sat on the patio, early in the evening. Our server was Babs - she knows the menus ( both wine and food ) to perfection. She introduced us to a Spanish white that was perfect for the night. Every suggestion she made was spot on. The charcuterie plate ( all housemade ) that she suggested we start with was fabulous - they even make their own mustard! One of our party had the Fisherman's stew, which was excellent - flavorful broth filled with plump and juicy seafood. The rabbit terrine with cassis and fresh currants was perfect. And you can't miss the shrimp and grits! Yummy!All food and wine was excellent. I highly recommend 315!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemMarilynsListDined on 6/18/2014We celebrate special occasions here and love the food, service, wine and ambience. The French Pear is lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro 315OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/14/2014Our first visit in some years. We found the overall experience to be quite pleasant; an excellent choice for a wedding anniversary. Although our table for two was on the small side, it turned out to be adequate. One pleasant surprise was that the bar menu was available throughout the day and items could be ordered along with the regular menu & posted specials. One of our party ordered the Shrimp & Grits in place of an appetizer and was very pleased. At $10. per, the desserts were on the high side, but the quality, at least for the one ordered, was excellent. The overall bill was less than anticipated, so for a special event in Santa Fe; we were well satisfied!Special Features:
- Pleasant outdoor experiencemountainheiferDined on 6/12/2014Enjoyed the dinner and being able to eat outside. Food was very good. Wine list is excellent. Would have appreciated if the owner had stopped to ask us how we liked everything. He had more interest in talking with a group who were celebrating someone's graduation. There was someone with him that spent her time talking with these people that she and the owner knew.Special Features:
- Just the best.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014If you can poke holes in this place, you must know much more about food and wine than I. Everything was spot on. Service was phenomenal. The only downside was that you have to pay. A lavish french dinner for 2 with a bottle of wine under 200? Yes please.Special Features:
- Great, ButLynsfriendDined on 5/31/2014The restaurant was very pleasant, but for the price, the food fell short of excellent. I ordered Soft Shell Crabs and was assured they were the very large ones. They weren't. Also they were slightly more cooked than I would have liked and the Moroccan sauce served with them overshadowed the delicate ness of soft shells....an unfortunate pairing. However, the service was impeccable and friendly without being obtrusiveSpecial Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedLancersDined on 5/30/2014A key element in enjoying a good meal is a knowledgeable and experienced wait person. Our was just that - from assistance in choosing a wine to perfect and gracious timing on each course she up leveled our meal. We started with blue point oysters - excellent, choose the beet, goat cheese salad and onion soup - perfect - entrée was the incredibly delicious Halibut with perfectly creamed spinach and carrots. Dessert - creme brûlée was disappointing - it might be me but let's step out of the box a little here and add ginger or anise or something interesting to the mix. Overall a lovely evening....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still wonderfulTasteVIPDined on 5/25/2014It was raining when we entered this warm cozy restaurant. Although the staff was helpful, they were never over the top. The waiter was always ready when we wanted him, but not overbearing or pushy. My wife had halibut that was sensational and I had a wonderful fish stew. We each had home made ice cream for dessert. It was delicious. All in all, this topped off a great weekend in Santa Fe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Santa Fe Gem. Period!MoodyBobVIPDined on 5/24/2014Not precious food just great preparations of offerings on their daily chalk board or printed menu. The notable wine list covers all price points. If spirits are your cup of tea they have a small but up market selection to chose from and they have one of the best mixologist in Santa Fe if mixed drinks are your preference. Lastly, their wait staff is one of the best in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 460 reviews are from the 315 Restaurant & Wine Bar reviews archive.
- RickVIPDined on 5/15/2014Disappointed in the food. Nothing was bad, but no part of either my wife's meal or mine was very good either.
- Always SatisfiesfoodandwinefanDined on 5/10/2014315 is one of those great places locals are drawn to for a good meal with attentive service and relaxing atmosphere. We always feel welcome and well cared for.Special Features: