315 Restaurant & Wine Bar
315 Old Santa Fe Trail
Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
315 Restaurant & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://315santafe.com/
- Phone: (505) 986-9190
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Wine Bar, French
- Executive Chef: Louis Moskow
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Between West Alameda and Paseo De Peralta
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: 315 Restaurant and Wine Bar has ample, convenient parking (a luxury in downtown Santa Fe) located directly across the street from the restaurant. The parking lot is open from 5:30 until closing, and parking is free.
A word from 315 Restaurant & Wine Bar
315 offers a truly French experience in a city overflowing with Southwestern restaurants. Chef Louis Moskow's classically prepared cuisine is given a contemporary twist as a result of his commitment to using only the freshest ingredients. The wine list, one of the largest and most well-conceived in the region, includes more than 250 seasonally-driven selections from the finest vineyards in the world. Located on the historic Old Santa Fe Trail, 315 is housed in a beautifully renovated southwestern residence. The outdoor patio is open seasonally.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
315 Restaurant & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
315 Restaurant & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (37)notable wine list (32)romantic (27)neighborhood gem (26)special occasion (23)great for outdoor dining (20)good for groups (7)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Review for 315 Restaurant in Santa FeTristessaDined on 11/14/2014While the menu offerings are incredible, the food was disappointing. My basil wrapped shrimp did not have any essence of basil from what I could tell. I ordered the Steak Frittes and I only ate 2 bites of the 10 oz steak because it was so tough. It was extremely underwhelmed by the food and presentation, which surprised me since Ive dined here before. They do have a notable wine list and their wait staff was excellent. My advice would be to concentrate less on offering an overwhelming menu and get very good a producing 10 excellent staple entrees that make people remember to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Anniversary SpotgeralynDined on 11/7/2014We are visiting Santa fe from Amarillo. We chose to eat at 315 for our 20 year anniversary dinner. It was romantic and the food was incredible. They have a very extensive wine list and are extremely knowledgable and helpful with pairing your wine with your dinner. When the owner found out that it was our anniversary he brought us a gift of really nice wine glasses. We will be returning to 315 every time we travel to Santa Fe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French, fantastic, great wine listfinsfoodfunDined on 10/29/2014A romantic environment with great French cuisine and a terrific wine list. Ambiance was very romantic with two small dining areas and an unexpected great bar area with both the full menu and a limited bar menu available. Really a terrific restaurant for a no kids get away evening or a private business dinner. Server was wonderful offering a taste of a particular wine we had not heard of and did not want to take a chance on an expensive bottle (we assume they may serve this one by the glass in the bar?). Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- C SmithCSmithDined on 10/17/2014Charming setting, wonderful local food, attentive serviceSpecial Features:
- Liked ItRschagrinVIPDined on 10/16/2014Enjoyed the restaurant. Great wine list and wine by the glass. They have a separate menu in the bar. Definitely a French influence. Started with an excellent heirloom tomato and burrata salad, best tomatoes I have had in a while . I had the steak & frites, NY strip with a choice of au poivre, Bernie's, or creamy mushroom sauce. The steak was good. My wife had the Colorado chicken, heritage chicken with a skewer of vegetables.Special Features:
- jischnitVIPDined on 10/10/2014We went to dinner specifically for the bar food menu. It was very good and very reasonably priced, as the wine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ldonne12Dined on 10/8/2014We found the selection and quality to both be superb. Our server was well versed on the menu and helped with our selections. We were not disappointed.Special Features:
- Not Worth It!!!!!passtheplateDined on 10/5/2014Oh my, well.... 1. The tiny room they sat us in was "intimate" as we were forced to listen to other people's conversations and were ignored by our waiter. 2. The salmon I ordered medium rare, but, it came out overcooked and tasteless. My husband's sea bass entree smelled disgusting and he tried to eat the fish, but, he couldn't stomach the sauce. 3. One of the worst dining experiences we have ever had honestly and the cost without libations was a rip off as the food wasn't memorable and service terrible. A concierge recommended it at our hotel. I would just go to tripadvisor for recommendations. Thanks, but, no thanks 315. :(
- Pitiful.StillwaitingDined on 10/4/2014Service was not only slow but would forget about us for a long periods of time. Took over 3 hours for meal. I think the waiter may have been on something. We would ask opinion and he said it was good with no explanation. It was weird.
- At the topOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/28/2014Excellent in every way -- defining eatery in Santa FeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar on LevelsKMMTexasVIPDined on 9/27/2014315 is a stop in Santa Fe that cannot be missed. From the amazing service of Sarah taking care of each and every guest or Babs making you feel right at home - you are going to love it. The blackboard specials are a must... trust me on this one. Squash Blossoms - always a delight and done to perfection. The wine list is spectacular with some great finds you can add to your home collection. Make a reservation ASAP.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!DanoDined on 9/23/2014Thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of our dining experience. The menu appears European in context but without any pretentiousness. The focus is obviously on freshness and availability. And the preparation and presentation was everything one would expect from an exceptional restaurant. Lastly there is an atmosphere of warmth and friendliness that can't be beat. A real Gem!Special Features:
- Great place - as alwaysSFluvrDined on 9/9/2014315 has been one of our favorite Santa Fe restaurants for many years, and it continues to get better and better. In the last year they expanded into more space and added a hard liquor license, so now cocktails are available. However, the by-the-glass wine list is so good, that cocktails aren't really necessary. The food is superb and the service is friendly and knowledgeable. My only regret is that they've stopped serving lunch. Now we have to spend the night in Santa Fe in order to have dinner (and wine) there.Special Features:
- Great meal!KWS1Dined on 9/2/2014We ate for the first time at 315 this week....and it was delicious. The restaurant is lovely, the staff are wonderful and the bar mixes a mean and tasty cocktail! There are many small but airy rooms, so diners are spread out, and a lovely courtyard which also has well spaced tables. The menu offers something for everyone, everything is expertly prepared. Dinner was delicious. The trout appetizer was spectacular, and actually enough for the table to share. Our meals were cooked perfectly. We could not finish our dinner, so had delightful leftovers the next day.Special Features:
- For the dogsDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 8/31/2014This is a restaurant we have eaten at for 15 years and have watched it go downhill. It was one of the best in town. The owner/Chef no long cooks or even shows up. The manager, who after 15 years is like a friend wasn't there either. A clueless group of people were serving and busing, if you can call it that. Requests for tea, water, ice was not filled. Busing was done after 15 minutes of sitting with dirty dishes on the table. To top it all off the scallops and mussels were spoiled, and smelled so bad that we wondered how anyone in the kitchen could have sent them out to the table. When we asked for them to be removed and showed to the chef, the waiter returned and said "well you know sometimes mussels are funky. We won't come back
- delightful findbritsVIPDined on 8/30/2014delightful find in Santa Fe, Babs was a wonderful waitress, food was super, especially the oysters (really, this far from the coast!), super wine list and great after dinner drinks, very fun two nights.....we actually went twice in a long weekendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!JayceeVIPDined on 8/27/2014Our first time there and we will go back. Has to be one of Santa Fe's best. No red or green chili!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!santafedlaDined on 8/23/2014I love this restaurant. Everything is top notch and they NEVER give you the bum's rush! Exquisite dining at your pace- what more could you ask?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great way to spend an eveningCliveVIPDined on 8/23/2014French Farmhouse feel, friendly and attentive service and great food. Don't get led away by other places, this is a grade A choice and you will want to eat like a local in this very friendly and reasonably priced bistro. come for drinks and eat a great bar menu. You will find it hard to stay way from here
- Good food, slow kitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014Food and ambiance are fine but my main course took so long to arrive, the apologetic waitress took my wine off the bill to apologize.Special Features:
- Worst ExperienceJAHILDined on 8/22/2014Have eaten here many times and always had an excellent experience. We chose a special Indian Market price fixed menu which was a HUGE mistake. Not only was the food disappointing but even with a reservation we were put in a room off to the side with one other couple. The service was rushed and the Buffalo steak tough and tasteless. At this time I would think long and hard before returning.Special Features:
- first time diner at 315eatsdessertfirstDined on 8/22/2014Dinner was fantastic and the service was very good. Dessert was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- drayVIPDined on 8/17/2014A very special place with very special people serving outstanding food. Great outdoor dinning experience. Staff (especially Sara & Whitney) went above and beyond to make our wedding anniversary dinner one to remember. Second visit to 315 but certainly not our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, s-l-o-w serviceKAVHDined on 8/16/2014The food was awesome but our service was way too slow. Not sure why. Waitress said they got backed up. She should have checked in with us more often and been a bit more forthright when she said our food would be out "momentarily" (which really meant 15-20 more minutes).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One Wishes it Were BetterStreetguyVIPDined on 8/11/2014The restaurant has a wonderful wine list and with reasonable prices compared similar restaurants in town. The food is simply not good enough. The best dish was our charcuterie plate with a fine array of smoked meats and pates. From there it was mostly downhill. The sweet breads were actually a whole pancreas (I think, and an unusual way to prepare it) with nothing to cut its unctuousness. There was a sauce, but I don't know what function it performed. The lamb brochettes were a good idea, but seemed to be under seasoned. Would have been better if marinated in advance. And although we arrived at 6:00 for an early dinner, they were out of the one desert we wanted. The service was solidly efficient.Special Features:
- The 315 RecommendationUncleMikeDined on 8/4/2014Before travelling to Santa Fe, we sought dinner venues from a long time friend who owns a home there. She gave us 4 "worthy" venues, one of which was 315 Restaurant and Wine Bar. We opted for an early, pre-opera meal. The service, from the time we arrived until we left, was excellent, the staff attentive and knowledgeable. We were somewhat disappointed not to find a reserve Malbec on the wine list, but quickly got beyond that expectation. The salad, beet, lettuce, and cheese was well presented and was tasty-not your usual beet salad. The steak frites was excellent, the meat perfectly served medium rare. All in all, a pleasant dining experience. It was a little noisy when a family with small children joined our dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2014A very enjoyable experience with professional yet friendly service. Wish we lived in Santa Fe...it would become a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 485 reviews are from the 315 Restaurant & Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Inventive foodConnieVIPDined on 7/26/2014Three of us ate at 315 recently and we all enjoyed our meals. We split an order of squash blossoms for an appetizer and they were delightfully stuffed and fried. I loved the soft shell crab entree, the crabs were done perfectly and the veggie sides were just as interesting. Others enjoyed French Onion Soup and a pasta dish and some non-meat meatballs made with peas and morels! Nice drinks, great eating outside, attentive service. Love this place.Special Features:
- Better than goodMoodyBobVIPDined on 7/22/2014There are several restrautrants in Santa Fe worth trying, this is one of them. Superb bar selections matches with a talented bar tender. Table service is attentive without being in your face. Chef puts out a interesting and tasty fair that should please even the most picky of dinnersSpecial Features:
- Wonder Place to DineBarieDined on 7/19/2014315 Restaurant & Wine Bar was recommended to us by staff member at hotel Inn on the Alamenda. We had an excellent experience! The food and wine were outstanding. What a remember the most from the experience was the Trout Pate with warm flatbread. If we go back to Santa Fe again we will go to this restaurant. We would recommend this to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I had hopedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014For many years we had considered coming to 315 and the menu had always looked very promising. Friends had told us that they had enjoyed the best meal they had ever had in Santa Fe at this restaurant, but that they had also been served a mediocre meal there. Sadly, the mediocre is what we experienced. For the price, the food was under seasoned, dry, and the description far outshined the delivery. Our server was very attentive at the beginning of our meal and then we barely saw him and had trouble finding him near the end of the meal. Overall, it wasn't a horrible experience but not what we had hoped.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014My husband's 65th birthday; wonderful family affair. !!!'I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant in Santa FECB100Dined on 7/15/2014Celebrated my birthday here. Great, friendly staff. Looking for a simple, but good meal. Found it here at 315. Had steak au poivre. Prepared as I asked and it was a great steak. Superb wine list as you would expect from the restaurant name. Owner, Louis, came over to check several times on how the meal was. Highly recommend 315 for a great meal and accompanying wine. Will definitely return to this restaurant on next trip to Santa Fe.Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurantEileencDined on 7/15/2014The service was very friendly and attentive from everyone-the hostess, waiter, and other waiter. The food is continental more than Santa Fe and delicious. Not too much salt like many restaurants, fresh and excellently cooked. Patio is very pretty-only noise is from the street which is nicely screened by greenery.Special Features:
- An enjoyable mealNorthernNMDined on 7/12/2014The supper and service at 315 last Saturday night, July 12, 2014 were great. We tried the squash blossom and foie gras appetizers, the soft-shelled crabs, the duck, and the pork chop. All were well prepared.Special Features:
- DisappointingEatingiswhatIdobestVIPDined on 7/8/2014I'm so sorry to see one of my favorites loose the quality it had in the past. The affordable wines aren't very good, in my opinion, and the squash blossoms had too much batter on them.
- Ambience was stellar, food was notnisiDined on 7/6/2014Upon being seated, & inspecting the menu my husband & I were hopeful that FINALLY we'd found a great restaurant in NM. Everything about our initial assessment pointed to an excellent evening of outstanding food. The menu read beautifully with thoughtful ingredients, & an authentic french vibe. The ambience was perfect, from the grapevines circling the patio to the carefully curated art inside. The food fell short. The broth in my stew was flavorful, but the shell fish was overcooked. My husband's pasta dish came out undercooked the first time, al dente the second time, but was accompanied by a sauce of mushy veggies. Service was excellent & we were comped a cherry pie dessert, but the bottom crust hadn't finished baking & was still doughy.
- WonderfulButterflyDined on 7/2/2014We have not been to Santa Fe in several years however we did eat at this resturant last time we visited . We enjoyed it last time and decided to try again. The patio is lovely and quiet. I ordered the Halibut and it was delicious. For the dessert I had the Creme Brûlée and it was very good. My husband the trout pate for an appetizer and really enjoyed it. For his main course he ordered the Rabbit. It was good but a very small portion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/27/2014Celebrated my birthday with friends. Delicious crab claws, steak au poivre, halibut and sticky toffee cake. Beautiful outdoor patio and bar inside. Louis Moskow is very kind, talented and has a winner with this fabulous Santa Fe Restaurant. Amazing and varied reasonably priced wine list!Special Features:
- Main Entree Very Good...sparkysrevengeDined on 6/27/2014While the main entree was very good (i.e. halibut, lobster) the supporting cast had no character or further development. That doesn't mean they were bad at all, they just didn't add anything special to the main entree. Case in point the halibut comes with a cream spinach sauce that was really just a cream spinach sauce and at the price point you would expect a chefs special touch. Should note also that the lobster was cooked perfectly as was the halibut, not even close to being dry. We took an outside seat which was fine, but be warned you will notice the car traffic just in front. All in all would still recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.