309 Dhaba Indian Excellence
309 King Street West (across from Hyatt on King)
Toronto, ON M5V 1J5Neighborhood:
Downtown / Entertainment District
IndianPrice: CAN$30 and under
309 Dhaba Indian Excellence
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dhaba.ca/
- Phone: 4167406622x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon - Fri: 11.30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sun - Thur: 5pm - 2am
Dinner: Fri - Sat: 5pm - 3pm
Brunch: Sat & Sun: 11am - 3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Indian, Contemporary Indian
- Executive Chef: PK Ahluwalia
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full off-site Catering is available to suit your Board Room, Office or Private Events needs.
Order Online: www.OrderIndianFood.com or www.dhaba.ca
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant is available for the Private Banqueting up to the capacity of 80 seated and 100 standing.
Special Martini Bar,
Buffet Sitdown Dinner,
Buffet Dinner(standing) and
Live Music (Sitar, Tabla, Bamboo Fluet & Shahnai),
We customize the event to tailor your Private Party's needs!
You make a Call and 309Dhaba will be there!!
- Private Party Contact: Taruna Singh 4167402913x
- Entertainment: Celebrating 15th Anniversary!!
Live Performance every Saturday by Maestro Guru Justin Gray.
309 Dhaba invites you every Saturday at 7.30pm - as Maestro Guru Justin Gray strikes a cord on an invention of his own, the Bass Veena, and plays live for an experience like no other!
Limited seats only, reservations recommended.
TIFF Bell Light Box, Princess of Wales, Toronto Symphonay, Royal Alexander, Royal Thompson Hall & Scotia Bank Theatre.
Reservations: www.dhaba.ca | (416) 740-6622
- Special Events: NOW OPEN LATE DINING
Sun - Thurs: 2am
Fri & Sat: 3am
- ALL U CAN EAT 4 Course Menu: menu offers Shrimps, Lamb, Chicken, Fish, Vegetables, Breads & Rice. Excludes Tax and Tip. Special valid May 25, 2014 - Aug 25, 2014 all week from 5:00 PM - 2.00 AM, Fri & Sat till 3AM. Excludes Tax and Tip.
- Now Serving - All U Can Eat "BRUNCH" over 70 items:
Offering 20 fresh daily home made Salads that includes shrimps, chicken, grilled Tawa(hotplate) chicken and or cod fish.
14 Mains, 8 I/Creams, 4 Desserts, Made to order fresh crepes and omelettes, Steamed rice & lentil dumplings and much more.
- Cross Street: 1/2 block west of John St.
- Public Transit: TTC on door step, a couple short blocks west of St. Andrew Subway
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking, Public Parking Lots on King Street, 25 meters west of 309 Dhaba. Parking across in TIFF Bell LightBox. Please refer to our website for the map under the Info tab for more information.
A word from 309 Dhaba Indian Excellence
Winner of the Most Memorable Meal Awards consecutively and other accolades like Best of 99 by "NOW" Magazine, repeatedly recognized as best Indian Restaurant in the City ~309 Dhaba offers a very traditional and pukka Nouvelle Indian Cuisine that makes us recognized as most appreciative Contemporary Indian restaurant. Chef PK's unique approach of adding modern twists to traditional Indian dishes have been repeatedly praised as "Divine", "Unpretentious Eatery", Most Innovative & Taste Intensive Food Ever to Hit Toronto" by the City's top food critics. In the heart of Theater & Entertainment distt. 309 Dhaba Chefs' team invite you to try our Group Menus, Pre-theater Dinners or A-la-carte, pairing with creative martinis like mango martini, masala spiced martini and personally selected outstanding vintage wines to match the robust Indian flavors.Continued
In the words of a CBC anchor - Make it an event!
In the words of a CBC anchor - Make it an event!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
309 Dhaba Indian Excellence reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (4)good for groups (4)neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Reliable food and serviceJenjoysDined on 10/4/2014As always lovely service from caring servers. Yummy options, have always enjoyed deliscious dishes. Loose those TV's!!!! Makes the place descend into a sports bar, not a dining experience. Shame on you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencegoodfoodformeDined on 9/26/2014Went with a party of three. The service was very accommodating when we requested a variation on the price fixed dinner menu. The food was excellent, especially the garlic naan. The only thing that kept the review from being five stars was that it took an hour and a half for three people for dinner, which wasn't a horrible delay but it was noticeable. However the food seemed really fresh, so the wait was worth it.Special Features:
- pikaDined on 8/13/2014The tiger prawns and the lamb tikka masala are delicious. Loved to pair butter chicken with galric naan though the chicken is bit dry.
- Great find in great areaMikeyBoyDined on 8/7/2014Great food, wonderful naan...celebrated our anniversary here and had a great time. Would recommend to anyone who enjoys a good Indian food experience. Lam Vindaloo was terrifically spicy....Special Features:
- The following 91 reviews are from the 309 Dhaba Indian Excellence reviews archive.
- Great modern Indian FoodClaudioDined on 6/14/2014For fans of Indian food that want something fancier, this is the place. More exotic ingredients with more effort into food presentation. Awesome flavours. Would go back here in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- First Time VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014Grandpa walks with a cane, so it was a little challenge for him to get up the stairs to the restaurant. We were a party of 7 celebrating Father's Day. However, the delectable food made up for the slight inconvenience. The Tandoori Tigers was delicious, the Dhaba's Platter arrived in a "heap" which did not look appetizing although everything in it was delicious. The Garlic & Plain Naans were flavourful although a tad oily. The Chicken Tikka Masala, Lamb Vindaloo, Halibut Bengal Curry, Saag Paneer, Ghobi Mange and Saffron Rice tasted authentic except that the lamb was a bit tough. We were served Aloo Kadchi instead of Ghobi Mange, a mistake that was promptly corrected. Service was prompt and attentive. We will be back for more!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MargieVIPDined on 6/14/2014Overall the food is good. I would recommend going with the main entrees and not filling up on salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Indian cuisinePedroVIPDined on 5/20/2014This is for sure the best Indian meal that we have ever had in Toronto. What a delight to have such fine Indian cuisine! The butter chicken was superb as was the eggplant dish. The service was also very attentive. Great spot for theatre goers who want to eat well yet quite quickly.Special Features:
- Liked the food, service was slowSimeonDined on 4/26/2014Went there with a group of 8 (6 adults, 2 young children) on a Saturday night. The restaurant was about half full. The food was very tasty, and they serve lots of papadum, which is great as in some places its like they ration it. The staff was nice - I'm vegan and the waiter helped me pick suitable dishes for myself. The service in general was a bit slow, but what bothered me the most was that the rice came about 10 - 15 minutes after everything else, and we had to ask for it a couple of times. How can you eat Indian food without rice?
- Great experienceCurrynutDined on 4/26/2014The food was amazing. You can't go wrong with anything you order. My girlfriend doesn't like spicy food or Indian food. She ordered the butter Marsala and said it was one of the most amazing dishes she's ever had. I agree. I couldn't stop eating from her plate. I had the madras chicken. A little spicy but very delicious. It was one of my favorite restaurants while visiting. I highly recommend this place. Also order the Indian beer they serve. It's a lite beer with a great flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Indian FoodRLA1Dined on 4/24/2014Each item tasted amazing. The dinner was very enjoyable, attentive service and portion sizes were generous too!Special Features:
- Butter chicken!IrishDined on 4/17/2014Great server, very attentive - friendly, food was fantastic- butter chicken! Saffron rice, Spicy chicken dish was awesome as well....Special Features:
- lots of selecgionsfoodluverDined on 3/20/2014Good food and many selection to satisfy meat and veggie eaters.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great Service.LordcowleyDined on 2/18/2014I have eaten here three times in the last two months and it is excellent, really tasty food with great service. Try the Tandoori Lamb chops as a starter awesome.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stepping back in time..kathrynDined on 2/9/2014Remember a time when restaurants just had to have good food? Ambiance was allowed to be a bit kitch as long as the foundation of food was good, the service wasn't offensive, and the location clean. This place reminds me a bit of that time; the stairwell, bathrooms, etc are in pretty poor repair. But the food is great. The service was spectacular and friendly, and my fussy demands were met with grace and consideration. I'll be back for sure, and this may even become my 'goto' take out place for Indian food. I quite enjoyed all the dishes, and left very full.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Indian food!tamtamaramaDined on 1/30/2014P. K’s Rogini Chop is a must! As is almost everything else on the menu, it makes it hard to choose.Special Features:
- LunchKatysamVIPDined on 1/22/2014The lunch time buffet is very good if not up to the standard of the excellent food served a la carte in the evenings. (Nor would we expect it to be at the price.) Good selection and reasonably well replenished. Certainly a very reasonable cost so would go again.
- A wonderful dining experiencedinedowntown111Dined on 1/18/2014Our favourite Indian restaurant in Toronto--Both the customer service and the food are excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great experienceMathewthefoodyDined on 1/17/2014I had the experience of arriving a little early for my reservation. The staff sat me right away and immediatley had brought something to snack on for me and my partner. We had wonderful remail server ( I don't remember her name) who was very energetic, friendly, answered our questions with ease, and overall made the experience awesome. The food was delicious and i would highly recommend getting the Garlic Naan with your meal, its the perfect addition to the meal. Do not miss out on having some authentic, delicious, flavourful Indian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really good foodKatysamVIPDined on 12/20/2013309 Dhaba is one of our favourite spots for excellent Indian food. Subtle flavours and ingredients that are different from the usual Toronto curries. Service is gracious and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food - great ambianceSponteneousTravellersDined on 12/7/2013Found this little gem in the Entertainment District - My wife had the Butter Chicken and I had the Lamb Vindaloo both were among the best we've had. The Vindaloo was actually quite spicy which is the way I like it but you may want to give the server indications if you prefer yours milder. Ambiance was good - service was above par, noise level was in check and the room had just right amount of lighting. All that made for a perfect romantic dinner. We had a nice bottle of Pinot Grigio with our meal and it didn't break the bank - prices were on the affordable side, definitely good value for our money - I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great variety in the foodButterfly4VIPDined on 11/24/2013There was food from various regions in India and that made it interesting. Really enjoyed the Kashmiri lamb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not amazing Indian foodCdnjetsetterDined on 11/23/2013When ordering many menu items were not available, seafood items in particular, and a few of the wines were also not in stock. Service wasn't the best - the waiter seemed quite timid, and the family-style appetizers could have been served a bit warmer. The entrees were nice and hot when served and half were quite good while the other half were just average. The naan and parathas were nothing to write home about.Special Features:
- Pleasant authentic Indian foodLuv2eatVIPDined on 10/21/2013Excellent traditional Indian food prepared visually interesting. Plates arrived at table beautifully presented. Service was shared by several resources and that meant long periods of waiting for someone to appear (take order, remove food, etc). Will return for the food and hope the service is more consistent and attentive on next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service..our waiterGwmolluskDined on 10/5/2013Great service..our waiter on nuit blanch was very helpful (and patient) The food was excellent The mountain goat was great The halibut dish was fragrant and cooked to perfection. We will go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2013This was our second visit, and it didn't disappoint. The service was very good, with suggestions always made. The food was very tasty, and perfectly spiced. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Mountain GoatPisbeeDined on 8/16/2013Outstanding Garlic Naan...we had an excessively loud table beside us and nothing was done to quiet them down...disappointing!Special Features:
- Simply excellentDopplerDined on 7/2/2013Always wonderfully prepared, beautifully presented food. Lamb dishes exceptional and rice cooked perfectly. If you like Indian food or want to turn someone you know onto Indian food, this is the spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They took awesome care ofOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2013They took awesome care of our group. We also had someone with food allergies that was accommodated with no problem. Thank you for a great evening and great food.Special Features:
- The food was quite tasty.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2013The food was quite tasty. Our server disappeared 1/2 way through our dinner and never did return. Otherwise, our experience was quite pleasant.Special Features:
- Best butter chicken I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/1/2013Best butter chicken I have had in the city!! Great food overall!!Special Features:
- The best Indian food we haveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/19/2013The best Indian food we have had in Toronto since we returned from a visit to India. Definitely recommend it for its authentic and complex flavoursSpecial Features:
- Nouveau Indian - Quiet EnvironmentFrenchFoodieDined on 2/14/2013The food is nouveau Indian cuisine tasty and presented very well. The restaurant is quiet and lighting is appropriate for a nice dinner with your significant other. Some drawbacks include Corelle plates and service that can be a bit slow. However, if you are taking your time to enjoy the meal these can be overlooked.Special Features:
- Excellent food. Lots of choicesuesnightoutVIPDined on 11/22/2012Excellent food. Lots of choice and the sharing platters are especially good, with a little bit of everything. The best Indian I have had. Service was good - well attuned to the theatre crowd.Special Features:
- Don't even bother!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/3/2012Terrible Service and Absolutely Unethical Billing Practices. Watch out for the bald, short manager and his attitude! Its a pity since the food is so good. Save your money, go elsewhere!
- RecommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2012Food is always fantastic, been here a few times. I've had superlative service and I've had ok service, never bad. Wine list is great, complements the menu. Easy to share meals with groups, in fact I recommend 4 or more people at a time. Service was good. It took us a while to make up our minds because we were chatting so we were ignored for a while, I admit we were difficult to predict and it was nice to not be interrupted. Also, the server gave my friend information regarding her order that made her reconsider as well as providing her with an alternative recommendation that she enjoyed. I highly recommend this restaurant, it's worth the price over lower cost Indian restaurants for sure!Special Features:
- Surprisingly quiet (albeitJonbDined on 10/23/2012Surprisingly quiet (albeit on a Tuesday night) given the quality of the food and service. Interesting menu with some unusual and exceptionally good items, including Venison Tikka and Mountain Goat. The Lamb Vindaloo was also one of the best that I have ever had - hot but not ridiculously so and with an excellent flavour. Service was attentive, but never intrusive - which is all one can ever wish for. I think it was exceptionally good value given the quality of the food and service.Special Features:
- Best Indian food in town,OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/19/2012Best Indian food in town, organic menu, large selections and valuable set menuSpecial Features:
- first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012went with friends for lunch, didnt know its buffet for lunch, great selection of food, fresh as well. great dessert, fulfilled my desire for sweet again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little quieter than mostOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/11/2012A little quieter than most of the restaurants on the King W strip and a nice window view to the fray if you can get a table in the front of the restaurant. A good pre theatre choice id you like Indian. Food was good, not great. Service not particularly refined but practical and effective. Overall, not a culinary gem, but a good pre/post theatre choice.