Harbor Beach Resort Marriott
3030 Holiday Drive
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33316Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.3030ocean.com/
- Phone: 9547653030
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner only, 6-10pm daily
FOR THE LOVE OF THE GRAPE! EVERY MONDAY BETWEEN 6PM AND 10PM COME ENJOY HALF OFF BOTTLES OF WINE!
Happy hour: 430-700. $3.50 domestic beer, $5 well cocktails and house wines. Reduced pricing on appetizers.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Paula Dasilva
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have 2 private dining rooms. Large room seats up to 20. Small room seats up to 8. Party menus available upon request.
We are also able to accomodate larger parties in our restaurant.
Contact Ginger Branford for details.
- Private Party Contact: Ginger Branford 9547653104
- Entertainment: none
A word from 3030 Ocean
One of the region’s most beloved culinary talents, 3030 Ocean Executive Chef Paula DaSilva is known for her farm-to-fork philosophy and ceaseless commitment to sourcing the finest local ingredients available. A native of Brazil, DaSilva’s passion for cooking was ignited as a child when she learned all aspects of the kitchen at her parents’ Brazilian restaurants. A graduate with a culinary arts degree from the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale, DaSilva first began her career here at 3030 Ocean where she honed her skills and secured a reputation as one of the region’s rising culinary stars. A star turn on Gordan Ramsay’s reality cooking show Hell’s Kitchen garnered the savvy young chef national attention for her talent, dedication and coolness under fire. Now, Chef DaSilva returns to where it all began at the helm of 3030 Ocean, bringing with her a diverse, acclaimed culinary vitae and her signature soulful cooking style.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
3030 Ocean reviews from OpenTable diners
- In a place lke this the shrimpRobertVIPDined on 7/23/2013In a place lke this the shrimp shouldn't be over cooked, and when I told the waiter, all I got was a sorry. No mention of replacing the shrimp or taking it off the check, just sorry. Service was unattentive at best.
- Great food, poor logisticsSLM39Dined on 7/20/2013We enjoyed the excellent food but the greeting when we entered the restaurant was very poor, not-welcoming, not-customer-friendly. We were told we couldn't be seated for our 6 pm reservation because the hostess did not yet have the menus! We were told to stand (uncomfortably) around near the hostess desk or get a drink at the bar (few seats) instead of being seated at our table with an ocean view and served a glass of wine there. Management needs to improve this first impression.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still good but....SteveVIPDined on 6/28/2013We have been patrons for several years and this is our favorite restaurant in Fort Lauderdale. We typically order the three course with wine set dinner. This time around the wine was exceptional but the food did not live up to our expectations. The salad was fine but the Gorgonzola cheese irritated my tongue - interesting effect. The main course of a tempura like tuna was ordinary and as good as our local supermarket prepares it. The dessert of espresso creme brûlée was not my taste. When we arrived we asked if Chef Max was there and they said he was only there occasionally. A few days later we received his newsletter saying his ties to 3030 have been severed. We will still go back and order cautiously. If you've never tried it you should,Special Features:
- Foodies: 3030 is for you!hdogDined on 6/22/20133030 Ocean is not your typical hotel restaurant. The food is spectacular and they actually change the menu every day. The tuna tempura was really tasty and the portions are just right. I highly suggest giving this place a try!Special Features:
- Return VisitPhilSommelierVIPDined on 6/19/2013We returned to 3030 after a long absence. The food is still good. Servers used to be exceptionally sourced and trained, like Ritz Carlton quality, but currently they are just nice and friendly, but not so professional and well trained, like Outback or Olive Garden. Food quality and presentation are still excellent. We love seafood and came for it, but the menu now has less seafood and more meat and other choices for those who prefer such. The best opportunity for wine lovers is to come on Monday evening when all wines are half price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2013Everything about 3030 is top notch. The ceviche and white clam appetizers were awesome. My wife and I had the Halibut as our main course. It was flavorful and perfectly prepared. I mentioned it was my wife's birthday when I booked the Open Table reservation. They brought out a plate of desserts that were outstanding, desserts on the house. A very nice touch. Our waiter was a real gentleman and very friendly and knowledgeable. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, and service, noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/14/2013Visited 3030 for our anniversary. The food was excellent - great variety, presentation was unique and beautiful, top quality. Best fish I've ever had, my wife's beef was very tender and tasty. The Service was great - Ask for Leo. The only downside is the restaurant is the noise. It's just off the lobby of the Marriott Hotel and has a vibrant bar scene. On top of that they were playing "new age" music with a constant bass beat. Difficult to hold a conversation. But if you're a food fan, don't let the noise stop you from visiting the restaurant - you'll be glad you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too expensive!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/13/2013Our dining experience was not so great. A family came in with a fussy baby. The food was just ordinary and really expensive. Our son did not like the fancy fried chicken. The pasta seafood dish my husband & I wanted was on the menu, but not available for a entree option. $200.00 later, we left very disappointed. If you go, sit at the bar and have their happy hour prices - 4:30 -7 pm. A much better food selection and deal to be had. Think happy hour.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/9/2013After going to this restaurant more then 50 times in the last 8 years, we were very disappointed. The prices were raised, less seafood on the menu to choose from, smaller portions, creme brulee absolutely horrible. Don't know what was done to this restaurant because it was a 5 star. Not sure if we will be going back again.
- Ocean Front GemfoodgalDined on 6/5/2013For a city famous for it's vast stretches of waterfront, Fort Lauderdale has precious few restaurants that are actually on the beach. This is the best. The Harbour Beach Marriott is a destination in itself. It offers a lively, frendly, large bar area for happy hour without the ubiquitous club music beat. 3030 has always been the best place in town to get an outstanding seafood. The entire menu has been refined and improved to present the highest quality seafood and meats in the most modern and appealing presentations. The taste of every, single ingredient comes through -- perfection!! The Wahoo entree and the beef tenderloin tar tar with quail egg were both out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceeded expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/26/2013Super delicious food. Well informative servers. Great selection of wines. Great views of the oceanfront location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & ServicetravlerDined on 5/25/2013The food is outstanding. The service by Ricardo is outstanding. We go back every chance we get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experience.mgapsychDined on 5/25/2013The service was very good and the food was tasty. Portions were hearty. They were very accommodating. I was with two children, one 12 the other 16 but they were kind enough to provide the 16 year old with a child's menu and price given the size of the portions the adult plates presented.Special Features:
- Dining ExcellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2013We had dinner at 3030 Ocean while in Ft Lauderdale on vacation for our anniversary. We had the 5 course chefs special which was offered that night for $80 per person. We were unaware of the dishes at the time of ordering but were not disappointed. The food was clean, imaginative and delicious and was beautifully plated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/18/2013What a wonderful dinner! The food and service were outstanding!!! Cant wait to go back.Special Features:
- What Happened?OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2013We use to love this restaurant but this last visit was a terrible disappointment. The food was mediocre at best. Might try again but it is unlikely.Special Features:
- A new menu daily, based onJimmyVIPDined on 5/15/2013A new menu daily, based on market availability and freshness. You will not be disappointed. The menu is exquisite. The best in Fort Lauderdale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean view diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/13/20133030 provides superbe dining experience with ocean views. On Monday nights they offer a 1/2 price special on full bottles of wine. We ordered fish and enjoyed the halibut with a mustard sauce. The only complaint is that there was a crying infant seated nearby who was annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatMadaboutwarDined on 5/13/2013Everything was wonderful, food was absolutely deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great atmosphereBeedineDined on 5/12/2013The food was wonderful the service was excellent table was just right the price was a lot less than I had expectedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013I had a nice experience there . Great food ,but just a little pricy .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food... But Don't GoOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/11/2013It's a shame that Dean Max's bold and creative cooking is happening at such a poorly run restaurant; if your experience is like ours, you'll make up your mind long before the food hits the table. We were kept waiting nearly 40 minutes for an 8:30 reservation (we were on time), always being told it would be "just a few minutes." Staff seemed to be hiding from angry patrons, avoiding eye contact. The shabby lounge reminds you you're basically eating in a Marriott lobby. The waiter visited our table a few times before we ordered - bringing wine and bread, etc - but never mentioned that one of the entrees was out. The food was ultimately quite good - lots of heavy herb and spice flavor, with unique preparations. Too bad we'll never go back.
- So Disappointed! Never againflynboerDined on 5/8/2013Trusted them for our Anniversary Celebration. We made a special request for our celebration. They put us in a back corner away from the water view. Service was super slow, in excess of 45 minutes to get our food. Wait staff indifferent and inattentive. But worst of all, the quality of food, steak had a over processed taste. Tenderloin tasted like dry roast beef. Will not return! Shula's next time for us.
- 3030 Ocean is a great destinationCindyVIPDined on 5/8/20133030 Ocean is always consistently great! Chef Dennis Maxx never fails to deliver the very best in cuisine. If you are a fan of seafood, you can always find a variety of dishes featuring the freshest catch! The room is decorated in a modern trendy fashion, yet provides an intimate elegant ambiance. Located within the Marriott Harbor Beach hotel on the south end of Lauderdale beach, the restaurant overlooks the ocean & the outside deck area that features fire pits & comfortable seating areas & is an ideal area to visit after dinner at 3030.Special Features:
- Never againFooddoodDined on 5/5/2013Very disappointed. First off, nobody answers the phone. Salad was small with little to no dressing. The seafood pasta was TERRIBLE. Way too much basil and the noodle used was too wide and long, making it very difficult to pick up with a fork. After returning the pasta, they sent me the halibut special. That was half decent. Not worth the price for anything on the menu. Find another restaurant before you make the mistake and eat here. The restaurant had the Gall to charge me for both meals and never even recognized that before sending me the bill. Never again
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/4/2013Everything about 3030 is exceptional. The menu is Not run of the mill. It is extrememly creative. The Clams BBLT is one of the best appetizers I have ever eaten. Everything is just done to perfection with much attention paid to even the smallest details on the plates. If you are looking for 5 star dining, I highly recommend you try this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden GemJimmieDined on 5/4/2013The only thing better than the food was our server, Tim.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining experience In yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/30/2013I eat out a lot and this was an experience I will remember. The waiter was attentive and thoughtful. The food was superb and the overall presentation was great. I mentioned I wanted key lime pie, the waiter said they did not have that and wasn't sure where I could get some. Five minutes later he brings me a piece and it was delicious. Turns out another restaurant in the hotel did have it and he made it happen. That was a professional and I will remember that forever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After a slow service startOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/27/2013After a slow service start we got a great waiter. It's a bit loud on a weekend night and the portions are huge but the food was very good.Special Features:
- I was very dissapointed inOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/23/2013I was very dissapointed in the restaurant after having read so many good reviews. My husband's mahi mahi was good but the rest of the stuff on the plate was just ok. I ordered the flounder- it was very very dry and tasteless. Our waiter never came back after the main course was served so my husband graciously shared his fish with me When the waiter brought the check he asked how the meal was- if he had looked at the plates he would have seen very little was eaten. At that point he asked if I wanted something else- but I had filled up on bread. If he had brought the manager back or offered us a dessert on the house I would not have left with such a bad feeling. The meal was not what I would expect from a fancy Marriott.
- YUM!OlgaaglODined on 4/22/2013Visited here in April for our anniversary and had the chef's tasting menu. It was toe-curlingly delicious, beautifully paced, and expertly presented. A few minor service glitches -- late wine arrival for a course or two, slightly harried waiter, slow water service -- easily forgiven for this unforgettable dining experience. Stellar. The portions, the pacing, and the quality of food was all absolutely exquisite and we never felt too full or unpleasant in any way (which can happen with chefs feasts), though we did take a little walk in the middle of the meal. Seriously amazing, and easily worth the $110/pp. If you skip the wine pairings, it's a bargain at $80! Completely perfect for a special occasion, or any time if you've got it like that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food/WineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2013My girl had the ceviche, which came in a fresh coconut shell. She LOVED it and we have yet to find any that matches. The wine list is really nice. We've eaten there a few times now and I would go back anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- this was our fifth time atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2013this was our fifth time at 3030 and it keeps getting better and bettingSpecial Features:
- Varying menu dailyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/18/2013The menu was totally different from the one posted online. I would recommend call ahead to verify was is being served the day you wish to dine.Special Features:
- ALL of our food was outstanding.DonaldVIPDined on 4/18/2013ALL of our food was outstanding. Our waiter suggested combining our starters since we ordered them "for the table" and the seafood presentation was spectacular! It was a busy night & our waiter had a very large table next to us, so his attention to us was a little less than we would have liked (but understandable).Special Features:
- Excellent seafood in the gourmetDiningnanaDined on 4/18/2013Excellent seafood in the gourmet restaurant at the Marriott Harbor Beach Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. Although quite expensive, the food was prepared well and pleasantly presented. The menu changes daily. There is a daily chef special with wine pairings. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- Very good fish, good service,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/17/2013Very good fish, good service, but very noisy as restaurant is next to the hotel bar.Special Features:
- The food and view here areSuperbVIPDined on 4/14/2013The food and view here are outstanding. Daily the chef prepares the menu based only on what fresh items he procures. Thus everything is the freshest and unique, and the menu changes daily. The view of the Atlantic Ocean was outstanding.Special Features:
- For the most part enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/14/2013For the most part enjoyed the experience. Waiter was outstanding. A bit surprised that the menu was different than one on the internet. Fish was excellent but spinach a bit tough.Special Features:
- Two of us went for a birthdayRobertVIPDined on 4/13/2013Two of us went for a birthday celebration and the experience could not have been much better. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and personable and immediately handled my gluten free diet needs with ease. The food was excellent and presented beautifully. Would certainly go back here!Special Features: