660 Lancaster Ave
Berwyn, PA 19312Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.30mainline.com/
- Phone: 6102202367x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday 4-9 Tuesday 11:30-9pm Wednesday 11:30-12:00am
Thursday 11:30-12:00am Friday 11:30-2:00am Saturday 11:30-2:00am
Dinner 5-9 Daily
Lunch Tuesday-Saturday 11:30-2:30
Brunch Sunday 10-2
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Stephen Zurla
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Speak with our management team to customize your special evening.
- Entertainment: Acoustic acts Wednesday and Friday. Piano in the Bar Thursday Nights. Bands on Saturday nights after 9:00. The entertainment is tasteful and caters to the 30 and up crowd. We provide entertainment to provide our customers with a night out, not just the area standard. Dinner then go home.
- Special Events: We have various events including Bands on Saturday nights, Art Gallery Nights even a disco brunch. When making a reservation please ask what we have going on and let us know if you wish to be part of the event or seated in a quitter part of the facility.
- Cross Street: Lancaster Ave and Main Ave
- Public Transit: Berwyn Train Station
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There is a private park lot for our customers behind the building, Street Parking, Various Public Lots at Septa Station, and On street parking as well. Additional Parking Courtesy of Malvern Federal After hours.
A word from 30 Main
"A Taste of the City on the Main Line." 30 Main is conveniently located across the street from the Berwyn Train Station. This spot is a perfect location and is the Main Line's only Restaurant Bar Lounge. This Contemporary American Bistro features has various tasteful events to entertain the dinner crowd.and keep the bar going after 9. Comedy Nights, Live Music, Girls Night Out and more. Have an after dinner drink in our warm and cozy lounge. The multiple rooms allow for a lively yet intimate atmosphere, perfect for family and friends, a business meeting spot, or a casual hangout. Our exclusive rooms are perfect for any private party or dinner, while we accommodate specifically to your preference. Upcoming events include Pro Football nights in our indoor Beer Garden, Art Gallery nights, Halloween Jekyll and Hyde Party, fashion shows, Disco Brunch, networking events and much more. The unique characteristics of 30 Main are what make us one of a kind on the Main Line.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
30 Main - Best Restaurants in Berwyn ›
30 Main reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)good for groups (18)vibrant bar scene (18)fit for foodies (14)hot spot (12)late-night find (12)special occasion (11)great for lunch (11)notable wine list (9)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (8)romantic (6)Show More
- the noise level is highneighborDined on 10/4/2014We were a party of four trying 30 Main for the third time. The food was tasty (although two entrees were actually cold) the Martini's were skimpy at any price. The Jazz band was really good, although we had to leave after dinner because of the sound bouncing off of the walls. Receptionist was very accommodating.Special Features:
- JyberDined on 9/28/2014Good local spot for a quality, relaxed dinner. Service was excellent. Our waiter was very attentive and helpful.Special Features:
- 30 MainOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014The owner of this restaurant is very actively promoting this business. They have nightly specials, special events, a recently new chef, a great menu with a nice variety of offerings. This restaurant was vibrant on Saturday night. I recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceLocalsDined on 9/27/2014The service started off great and the went down hill. Fast drink service, prompt dinner ordering, long wait for dinner, very long wait for table to be cleared (actually had to find waiter and ask him to clear table and even then had to wait another 10 minutes), longer wait for dessert menu, and loooong time to see the actual desert.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved it hereJsalDined on 9/26/2014The service was good not great but we had a great time. It was really crowded so that probably contributed to our wait and service. Great music and we had so much funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wrong day, wrong timeflorDined on 9/26/2014Friday night, they were having some kind of fundraising and noise was unbearable. The food was very good.
- Great restaurant week pickOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/26/2014Main course and dessert were phenomenal. Great happy hour drink specials at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/29/2014Great food. Tremendous service. Everything from soup to entree to dessert is perfectly prepared. Enjoyed the entire eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing Dinner For TwoJR123VIPDined on 8/28/2014My wife and I enjoyed the three course dinner special for $29 each. It was excellent. The complimentary glass of wine was a nice treat. Parking on the street outside 30 Main was very convenient. The service was outstanding. We enjoyed a 5 minute conversation with the owner of 30 Main. A very relaxing evening after a long week.Special Features:
- Perfect Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/26/2014Great Food, wonderful people, nice ambiance. Prices are very reasonable and the perfect place for a weekly stop-by to experience the wonderful daily specials. Lively bar along with quiet seating areas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedj50pVIPDined on 8/24/2014We thought the menu was limited and ordered appetizers. The fig flatbread was very good but the crab tomato bisque was not at all good. There was a decent amount of crab in the soup but the consistency was very thick like chili. My husband's sense of smell is impaired as a result of a concussion he suffered so I'm not going to comment on his meal. The interior of the restaurant is very nice and the waiter was attentive. It wasn't very crowded when we were there so we enjoyed the noise level. Parking was an issue and we drove around the block several times. Fortunately we went on a Sunday and were able to use the bank parking lot across the side street from the restaurant.
- BerwynFoodieVIPDined on 8/19/2014We sat in the bar area the 1st time there, the bartender was helpful and friendly. Decided it was worth going for dinner, however, we were disappointed this time around. Our waiter probably needs the extra training, he spilled an entire glass of water as he was putting them on our table. No harm done, we ended up changing table but then at the end of dinner, a second waiter spilled a cup of wing sauce when collecting our dishes. Luckily none on us. The appetizer Pork Belly and fried osyters were good and so are their fries. Not bad enough to stop going there entirely but would help if they train their wait staff more. Otherwise, the people are friendly.
- BRUNCHDonnaVIPDined on 8/17/2014Brunch was amazing! French toast with bananas & nutella, pannini egg sandwich and pigs in a blanket = yum!Special Features:
- Expensive for Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014The beer and wine list are extensive and great. The service is friendly but slow. The food is ok, but expensive. The kicker was I ordered the red velvet cake for dessert and it tasted weird. It turns out the pastry chef used salt instead of sugar by accident. We may go back and give it another shot, but it's not going to be a place we frequent.Special Features:
- Good appetizers and drink selectionSledgeDined on 8/9/2014Menu was awesome but sadly the food was just ok. Appetizers were awesome including the fried calamari and the steak egg rolls. However, entrees were just average at best.Special Features:
- 30 Reasons to enjoy ...JB22VIPDined on 7/31/2014New chef, new menu are but two of 30 reasons to go an enjoy 30 Main. The ownership of this Main Line gastro pub is personally vested in insuring a great dining experience. A recent mid-week visit show cased not only a great band, happy people enjoying same - but a well rounded menu that caters to the carnivore and the sea food loving diner. We sampled a great house special salad with local summer beets, goat cheese and arugula. The calamari was light and crispy with just a hint of pop coming from a handful of red cherry peppers. We split the Thai Basil Temoura Shrimp was a gracious offering of five sweet cold water shrimp cooked to perfection. We also sampled the center cut pork chop and Seafood Risotto. Top notch service too!Special Features:
- Disappointing menu for vegetariansTaterbugVIPDined on 7/11/201430 Main has a new menu--and it's even less vegetarian friendly than the old one. I had the ONLY vegetarian entree on the menu--the pappardelle with asparagus (which wouldn't be suitable for vegans). Awash in way too much cream sauce, it was nonetheless one of the blandest dishes I've had. To be fair, there are a couple of excellent vegetarian salads on the menu, and the waiter assured me that the risotto could be made without the meat. Also, my son enjoyed his pork chop, and my husband seemed to scarf down his burger quite happily. My daughter--also a vegetarian--wouldn't even go with us to this restaurant, though, as she had been disappointed with the slim pickings on the OLD menu.Special Features:
- Great food, great musicaba1964Dined on 7/3/2014Everything we ordered was delicious (I had the linguini and my husband had the pork chop). The had an acoustic band playing, which was perfect - the music was great, but we could still enjoy conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first visitmainlinemamaVIPDined on 6/27/2014The wait staff were friendly if somewhat unskilled. The wedge salad was terrific, the crab avocado was delicious but there was way too much dressing and the presentation was ho hum. The mussels were not fresh and the bread was too salty. The shrimp rolls were unexpectedly beautifully presented and had a lovely combination of sweet, savory and spice. Overall, they are trying and sometimes succeeding but inconsistent. There was enough promise that we will go back again.
- Electric! Great Live Music!GottaLoveItDined on 6/26/2014Great Live Music and Great Food. I think I found a new favorite night spot. The food and service was excellent, and Michael Favinger played a great set of classic rock songs on his guitars. I can't think of a better evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choices...excellent foodjn22VIPDined on 6/25/2014Each of the 6 of us had different meals and everyone of them was terrific. The service was excellent too. I noise level was just too high. I like the idea of live music but the music was way to looud and invasive in the whole restaurant.Special Features:
- The following 113 reviews are from the 30 Main reviews archive.
- Wonderful Time at 30 MainMarkVIPDined on 6/21/2014Our first visit to 30 Main was only partly a surprise -- reviews informed me of the menu and that the service can be variable. It was a better than expected in every way; the service was friendly and while not polished, responded to our needs. The food was quite excellent, and imaginative - with wonderful seafood dishes. It was Saturday night and an exceptional band setup and played - this music is far above the average and was truly a stand out. Drinks were a bit on the pricey side, but overall -- a fabulous venue for diner and dancing. What a treat. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very suprisedmarshapetVIPDined on 6/21/2014Well, I was told they have a new chef and I must say from the atmosphere when I walked in I wasn't expecting that much BUT, I had the BEST crabcakes I have ever had! They are held together with a shrimp mousse just exquisite! I also had grilled chicken and veggies and they were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WeinkDined on 6/21/2014My first inpression through the door was that it was a BAR. It had that smell and it was dark and 'pubby'. The hostess was also our waitress. She was nice enoutgh but we will never go back.
- Awesome Father's DayNewtoDCDined on 6/15/2014I love 30 Main! It's an amazing family owned restuarant where the owners remember you. You have to try Dory's Chicken and if you are lucky Dory herself will be there :) I have never had a bad meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Father's Day!HeyBugDined on 6/15/2014No complaints here! Our group of 10 were seated immediately upon arrival and were even offered an option to sit near the piano player or in a more private room. Having 2 children with us, we chose the private room. We were greeted by our waiter James and advised of the specials. He returned to take our drink and meal choices. There was a new chef that day, so we had new menu choices. Let me just say, they did not disappoint. Everything came out hot and there was not a complaint from anyone! From the Green Eggs and Ham to the Biscuits and Gravy, all were enjoyed. We even shared some desserts and they all looked amazing and tasted just as good as they looked! Thanks 30 Main for a wonderful Father's Day Brunch... We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchjcInPaoliDined on 6/15/2014Really enjoyed our brunch. Food was great and the live piano music was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively Dinnertbird1021VIPDined on 6/14/2014Decided to go to 30 Main last minute on a Saturday night. Everything was good - as always. Just a heads up that they converted the majority of the front room (facing route 30) into a lounge area (couches, etc.). (Not sure if this is a permanent change or just a temporary one.) While we were eating the live entertainment started (around 8PM) - which was very loud. A little too loud for 'dinner music,' in our opinion.Special Features:
- Not just for dinner.FroggyVIPDined on 6/12/2014Have eaten dinner here a few times, but this was my first lunch here. Portions were large. Had a grilled caprese sandwich and tomato soup.Both were very good. My husband had the lump crab meat sandwich and said it was excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was ok...FoodieladyDined on 6/6/2014The food wasn't bad but it wasn't the best. This would be a spot that I would go back to but wouldn't be for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but priceyHeidiVIPDined on 5/29/2014$58 for 2 cups of soup & 2 salads from the LUNCH menu (with water, no drinks) is pretty ridiculous. Very good food and great service but very overpriced.Special Features:
- Great food - a little loudStetDined on 5/21/2014This was our first visit & would go again for sure! The noise from the bar area was loud - everything echoed. There was an acoustic player at 7pm which was a little loud as well. But, the food & service made up for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great people watchingpickyeaterDined on 5/17/2014we were there the night of Radnor Hunt. This was an after party spot for the hunt crowd. had a great time people watching. very noisy but in a good we. band was fun too.Special Features:
- Delicious Mothers Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014We had a wonderful dinner for all five of us on Mothers day. Very nice presentation of food, ample portions and delicious all wrapped in one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sure thingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014This family owned and operated restaurant has great food and excellent service. We went there on Mother's Day with the dinner rush and still got timely and attentive service! The seafood risotto was delicious!Special Features:
- Wonderful Place!pleasedpatronDined on 5/11/2014I really enjoyed my experience at 30 Main! The food was wonderful, and the atmosphere was great. The Drunken Mussels, Mac and Cheese and the Calamari were a big hit with the family. The service was excellent although there was an awkward delay between our appetizers and entrees. However, the owners were very attentive and made sure that we were comforted with complimentary drinks while we waited. Our waiter was a delight, and although we had many requests to modify our meals, we were treated with kindness and patience as our requests were accommodated. Thank you very much for such a great time and for making my family's Mother's Day experience a delight. We look forward to returning to this terrific establishment!Special Features:
- Wonderful Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014I took my family out to dinner for Mother's day. The beer list was extensive and the food was phenomenal. The service was good and the owner actually came over to ask how our meal was. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Great Food / Poor Servicefoodgr8Dined on 5/11/2014Went here for brunch. Helped ourselves to brunch buffet. Food was terrific and diverse. Service was virtually non-existent. Extended periods without any check-in from wait staff. 20-minute wait for check, etc. Buffet ran out of plates several times. Fix the service and this will be a great experience.Special Features:
- Mother's Day brunchlandersonDined on 5/11/2014We have been here before and loved it! The Mother's Day brunch however was not impressive. The food seemed to be precooked and over done, also as thought it had been sitting out for hours and we had only gotten there an hour after opening. As for service it was lacking, a buffet should have made the job easier but we barely saw our server amd simple steps of service were being skipped. I would still go back bc we enjoyed it the last time, every place has their rough days!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AJAJVIPDined on 5/9/2014Great food great service. The place could use a little 'softening' to keep the noise level down. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.