660 Lancaster Ave
Berwyn, PA 19312Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.30mainline.com/
- Phone: 6102202367x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday 4-9 Tuesday 11:30-9pm Wednesday 11:30-12:00am
Thursday 11:30-12:00am Friday 11:30-2:00am Saturday 11:30-2:00am
Dinner 5-9 Daily
Lunch Tuesday-Saturday 11:30-2:30
Brunch Sunday 10-2
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Stephen Zurla
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Speak with our management team to customize your special evening.
- Entertainment: Acoustic acts Wednesday and Friday. Piano in the Bar Thursday Nights. Bands on Saturday nights after 9:00. The entertainment is tasteful and caters to the 30 and up crowd. We provide entertainment to provide our customers with a night out, not just the area standard. Dinner then go home.
- Special Events: We have various events including Bands on Saturday nights, Art Gallery Nights even a disco brunch. When making a reservation please ask what we have going on and let us know if you wish to be part of the event or seated in a quitter part of the facility.
- Cross Street: Lancaster Ave and Main Ave
- Public Transit: Berwyn Train Station
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There is a private park lot for our customers behind the building, Street Parking, Various Public Lots at Septa Station, and On street parking as well. Additional Parking Courtesy of Malvern Federal After hours.
A word from 30 Main
"A Taste of the City on the Main Line." 30 Main is conveniently located across the street from the Berwyn Train Station. This spot is a perfect location and is the Main Line's only Restaurant Bar Lounge. This Contemporary American Bistro features has various tasteful events to entertain the dinner crowd.and keep the bar going after 9. Comedy Nights, Live Music, Girls Night Out and more. Have an after dinner drink in our warm and cozy lounge. The multiple rooms allow for a lively yet intimate atmosphere, perfect for family and friends, a business meeting spot, or a casual hangout. Our exclusive rooms are perfect for any private party or dinner, while we accommodate specifically to your preference. Upcoming events include Pro Football nights in our indoor Beer Garden, Art Gallery nights, Halloween Jekyll and Hyde Party, fashion shows, Disco Brunch, networking events and much more. The unique characteristics of 30 Main are what make us one of a kind on the Main Line.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
30 Main reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)good for groups (24)kid-friendly (17)great for brunch (17)vibrant bar scene (14)fit for foodies (12)great for lunch (12)special occasion (12)late-night find (9)notable wine list (7)hot spot (6)romantic (4)Show More
- Perfect Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/26/2014Great Food, wonderful people, nice ambiance. Prices are very reasonable and the perfect place for a weekly stop-by to experience the wonderful daily specials. Lively bar along with quiet seating areas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedj50pVIPDined on 8/24/2014We thought the menu was limited and ordered appetizers. The fig flatbread was very good but the crab tomato bisque was not at all good. There was a decent amount of crab in the soup but the consistency was very thick like chili. My husband's sense of smell is impaired as a result of a concussion he suffered so I'm not going to comment on his meal. The interior of the restaurant is very nice and the waiter was attentive. It wasn't very crowded when we were there so we enjoyed the noise level. Parking was an issue and we drove around the block several times. Fortunately we went on a Sunday and were able to use the bank parking lot across the side street from the restaurant.
- BerwynFoodieDined on 8/19/2014We sat in the bar area the 1st time there, the bartender was helpful and friendly. Decided it was worth going for dinner, however, we were disappointed this time around. Our waiter probably needs the extra training, he spilled an entire glass of water as he was putting them on our table. No harm done, we ended up changing table but then at the end of dinner, a second waiter spilled a cup of wing sauce when collecting our dishes. Luckily none on us. The appetizer Pork Belly and fried osyters were good and so are their fries. Not bad enough to stop going there entirely but would help if they train their wait staff more. Otherwise, the people are friendly.
- BRUNCHDonnaVIPDined on 8/17/2014Brunch was amazing! French toast with bananas & nutella, pannini egg sandwich and pigs in a blanket = yum!Special Features:
- Expensive for Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014The beer and wine list are extensive and great. The service is friendly but slow. The food is ok, but expensive. The kicker was I ordered the red velvet cake for dessert and it tasted weird. It turns out the pastry chef used salt instead of sugar by accident. We may go back and give it another shot, but it's not going to be a place we frequent.Special Features:
- Good appetizers and drink selectionSledgeDined on 8/9/2014Menu was awesome but sadly the food was just ok. Appetizers were awesome including the fried calamari and the steak egg rolls. However, entrees were just average at best.Special Features:
- 30 Reasons to enjoy ...JB22VIPDined on 7/31/2014New chef, new menu are but two of 30 reasons to go an enjoy 30 Main. The ownership of this Main Line gastro pub is personally vested in insuring a great dining experience. A recent mid-week visit show cased not only a great band, happy people enjoying same - but a well rounded menu that caters to the carnivore and the sea food loving diner. We sampled a great house special salad with local summer beets, goat cheese and arugula. The calamari was light and crispy with just a hint of pop coming from a handful of red cherry peppers. We split the Thai Basil Temoura Shrimp was a gracious offering of five sweet cold water shrimp cooked to perfection. We also sampled the center cut pork chop and Seafood Risotto. Top notch service too!Special Features:
- Disappointing menu for vegetariansTaterbugVIPDined on 7/11/201430 Main has a new menu--and it's even less vegetarian friendly than the old one. I had the ONLY vegetarian entree on the menu--the pappardelle with asparagus (which wouldn't be suitable for vegans). Awash in way too much cream sauce, it was nonetheless one of the blandest dishes I've had. To be fair, there are a couple of excellent vegetarian salads on the menu, and the waiter assured me that the risotto could be made without the meat. Also, my son enjoyed his pork chop, and my husband seemed to scarf down his burger quite happily. My daughter--also a vegetarian--wouldn't even go with us to this restaurant, though, as she had been disappointed with the slim pickings on the OLD menu.Special Features:
- Great food, great musicaba1964Dined on 7/3/2014Everything we ordered was delicious (I had the linguini and my husband had the pork chop). The had an acoustic band playing, which was perfect - the music was great, but we could still enjoy conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first visitmainlinemamaVIPDined on 6/27/2014The wait staff were friendly if somewhat unskilled. The wedge salad was terrific, the crab avocado was delicious but there was way too much dressing and the presentation was ho hum. The mussels were not fresh and the bread was too salty. The shrimp rolls were unexpectedly beautifully presented and had a lovely combination of sweet, savory and spice. Overall, they are trying and sometimes succeeding but inconsistent. There was enough promise that we will go back again.
- Electric! Great Live Music!GottaLoveItDined on 6/26/2014Great Live Music and Great Food. I think I found a new favorite night spot. The food and service was excellent, and Michael Favinger played a great set of classic rock songs on his guitars. I can't think of a better evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choices...excellent foodjn22VIPDined on 6/25/2014Each of the 6 of us had different meals and everyone of them was terrific. The service was excellent too. I noise level was just too high. I like the idea of live music but the music was way to looud and invasive in the whole restaurant.Special Features:
- Wonderful Time at 30 MainMarkVIPDined on 6/21/2014Our first visit to 30 Main was only partly a surprise -- reviews informed me of the menu and that the service can be variable. It was a better than expected in every way; the service was friendly and while not polished, responded to our needs. The food was quite excellent, and imaginative - with wonderful seafood dishes. It was Saturday night and an exceptional band setup and played - this music is far above the average and was truly a stand out. Drinks were a bit on the pricey side, but overall -- a fabulous venue for diner and dancing. What a treat. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very suprisedmarshapetVIPDined on 6/21/2014Well, I was told they have a new chef and I must say from the atmosphere when I walked in I wasn't expecting that much BUT, I had the BEST crabcakes I have ever had! They are held together with a shrimp mousse just exquisite! I also had grilled chicken and veggies and they were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WeinkDined on 6/21/2014My first inpression through the door was that it was a BAR. It had that smell and it was dark and 'pubby'. The hostess was also our waitress. She was nice enoutgh but we will never go back.
- Awesome Father's DayNewtoDCDined on 6/15/2014I love 30 Main! It's an amazing family owned restuarant where the owners remember you. You have to try Dory's Chicken and if you are lucky Dory herself will be there :) I have never had a bad meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Father's Day!HeyBugDined on 6/15/2014No complaints here! Our group of 10 were seated immediately upon arrival and were even offered an option to sit near the piano player or in a more private room. Having 2 children with us, we chose the private room. We were greeted by our waiter James and advised of the specials. He returned to take our drink and meal choices. There was a new chef that day, so we had new menu choices. Let me just say, they did not disappoint. Everything came out hot and there was not a complaint from anyone! From the Green Eggs and Ham to the Biscuits and Gravy, all were enjoyed. We even shared some desserts and they all looked amazing and tasted just as good as they looked! Thanks 30 Main for a wonderful Father's Day Brunch... We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchjcInPaoliDined on 6/15/2014Really enjoyed our brunch. Food was great and the live piano music was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively Dinnertbird1021VIPDined on 6/14/2014Decided to go to 30 Main last minute on a Saturday night. Everything was good - as always. Just a heads up that they converted the majority of the front room (facing route 30) into a lounge area (couches, etc.). (Not sure if this is a permanent change or just a temporary one.) While we were eating the live entertainment started (around 8PM) - which was very loud. A little too loud for 'dinner music,' in our opinion.Special Features:
- Not just for dinner.FroggyVIPDined on 6/12/2014Have eaten dinner here a few times, but this was my first lunch here. Portions were large. Had a grilled caprese sandwich and tomato soup.Both were very good. My husband had the lump crab meat sandwich and said it was excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was ok...FoodieladyDined on 6/6/2014The food wasn't bad but it wasn't the best. This would be a spot that I would go back to but wouldn't be for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but priceyHeidiVIPDined on 5/29/2014$58 for 2 cups of soup & 2 salads from the LUNCH menu (with water, no drinks) is pretty ridiculous. Very good food and great service but very overpriced.Special Features:
- Great food - a little loudStetDined on 5/21/2014This was our first visit & would go again for sure! The noise from the bar area was loud - everything echoed. There was an acoustic player at 7pm which was a little loud as well. But, the food & service made up for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great people watchingpickyeaterDined on 5/17/2014we were there the night of Radnor Hunt. This was an after party spot for the hunt crowd. had a great time people watching. very noisy but in a good we. band was fun too.Special Features:
- Delicious Mothers Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014We had a wonderful dinner for all five of us on Mothers day. Very nice presentation of food, ample portions and delicious all wrapped in one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sure thingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014This family owned and operated restaurant has great food and excellent service. We went there on Mother's Day with the dinner rush and still got timely and attentive service! The seafood risotto was delicious!Special Features:
- Wonderful Place!pleasedpatronDined on 5/11/2014I really enjoyed my experience at 30 Main! The food was wonderful, and the atmosphere was great. The Drunken Mussels, Mac and Cheese and the Calamari were a big hit with the family. The service was excellent although there was an awkward delay between our appetizers and entrees. However, the owners were very attentive and made sure that we were comforted with complimentary drinks while we waited. Our waiter was a delight, and although we had many requests to modify our meals, we were treated with kindness and patience as our requests were accommodated. Thank you very much for such a great time and for making my family's Mother's Day experience a delight. We look forward to returning to this terrific establishment!Special Features:
- Wonderful Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014I took my family out to dinner for Mother's day. The beer list was extensive and the food was phenomenal. The service was good and the owner actually came over to ask how our meal was. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Great Food / Poor Servicefoodgr8Dined on 5/11/2014Went here for brunch. Helped ourselves to brunch buffet. Food was terrific and diverse. Service was virtually non-existent. Extended periods without any check-in from wait staff. 20-minute wait for check, etc. Buffet ran out of plates several times. Fix the service and this will be a great experience.Special Features:
- Mother's Day brunchlandersonDined on 5/11/2014We have been here before and loved it! The Mother's Day brunch however was not impressive. The food seemed to be precooked and over done, also as thought it had been sitting out for hours and we had only gotten there an hour after opening. As for service it was lacking, a buffet should have made the job easier but we barely saw our server amd simple steps of service were being skipped. I would still go back bc we enjoyed it the last time, every place has their rough days!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AJAJVIPDined on 5/9/2014Great food great service. The place could use a little 'softening' to keep the noise level down. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday Dinner Spotshipwright53Dined on 5/4/2014My wife and I did something a little different, and made dinner reservations on a Sunday evening. 30 Main proved to be the ideal spot for our soiree. Every detail of our service was attended to promptly and courteously. We felt right at home in this wonderful restaurant. From the crab bisque to the seafood risotto and Dijon mustard pork loin, the meal was superb. We will be back soon and often.Special Features:
- The following 92 reviews are from the 30 Main reviews archive.
- food good, service lackingPaoliPeteDined on 4/26/2014Food was very good. A little overpriced, but with a groupon, acceptable. Bar got the drink order wrong, then charged $12 for one cocktail. Seriously? Very loud, not for a romantic dinner. Will come back for the food and hope they train their waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's good to see 30 Main thriving!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/26/2014Went to 30 Main on Saturday night - there were a lot of people there - it's good to see 30 Main thriving. It is a very nice local restaurant in Berwyn. Dory's Chicken, the crab sandwich and daily specials are all worth trying.Special Features:
- Nice meal at 30 MainmargekDined on 4/26/2014Good food, good service, interesting menu, convenient to Footlighters Theater.Special Features:
- 30 Main is Five StarsMLspicks13VIPDined on 4/24/2014I have never written a review before but this restaurant is worthy of my time. 30 Main was everything you could ask for… great food, nice sized portions, great service, good selection of wine. The food was delicious and I highly recommend the risotto and almond crusted trout. The restaurant is beautifully decorated and the bar is very attractive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great singer not so great foodDrLydiaGrayVIPDined on 4/17/2014I really wanted to like my second experience at 30 main. The service was friendly and the owners were millying about which felt like we were intruding in a cast party at a high school musical. My chicken was recomended to me and not great. First if all it was served along side of too much cafeteria rice. Like a cup and a half if white rice with specks if carrots or pimento? It was completely unappetizing and the chicken was dry and greasy at the same time. My husbands tacos were ok. I will come back but for the drinks and live music.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Good Choicetbird1021VIPDined on 4/11/2014Great local spot to go for any occasions. Had the new pork springs rolls for an app - very good! Had a the Caesar salad w/ grilled shrimp for dinner. Good but the shrimp could have used a little flavoring. My date had the wedge and the fig flat bread. He enjoyed both! I'm not a fan of the wine list - no Chardonnay that I like. But, the beer list is very good. Service was good, as always. Lastly, if you're looking for entertainment - check out their website. This place offers a lot of it - all week! Something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff were welcoming andDaveVIPDined on 4/10/2014The staff were welcoming and food excellent! Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Trying to do too muchJklturnerVIPDined on 4/9/2014We had tried to eat at 30 Main for months but the weather kept getting in our way. When offered the opportunity for an impromptu dinner, we jumped at the chance to try 30 Main. We were not unhappy, but the restaurant is clearly trying to be too many things all at once. On a slow Wednesday night, my wife and I expected to have a quiet, cozy dinner. Except that the live music started at 7:00 and we had to change tables so we could talk. The good news was that we had our pick of tables. The small plates were interesting but there was more creativity in the decoration than in the substance. In all, it was less than satisfying meal. It would be fine if we lived in the neighborhood, but not worth a drive from MalvernSpecial Features: