333 Trade St
Charlotte, NC 28202Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 7043703006x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday - Friday 11am-2pm
Dinner Monday - Friday 5pm-10pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from 3 Trade
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
3 Trade reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (21)great for outdoor dining (20)neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (12)notable wine list (11)great for lunch (10)special occasion (9)romantic (8)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Hidden gemRilesDined on 9/5/2014Looking for a great restaurant in downtown Charlotte, give 3 Trade a try. Good menu and they prepared the food as requested to meet dietary needs. Service was great and priced reasonably.Special Features:
- Couldn't Figure This One OutOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/26/2014We didn't know what to expect when we decided to try 3 Trade. We had a discount coupon so there was incentive. When we arrived for our 7:00 reservations there were a number of groups at the outside tables sipping wine and winding down after work, but inside we were the only one's there. My first thought was "this place must be awful". That couldn't have been farther from the truth. The wine selection was ample, the menu had almost too many choices and our server, Maria, was terrific. Our food arrived in a timely manner and was very, very good. I asked Maria where everyone was and she said it was just hard to predict. Sometimes they'd be slammed, sometimes empty. I hope this place makes it, because it's definitely worth a visit.Special Features:
- Pregame dinnerflywaltDined on 7/29/2014Our 8 person party stopped by for an early dinner before the Knights game. The food and service were very good. My only complaint was the minor mix up in the dishes ordered and irregular food delivery. The wait staff was very friendly and helpful. We would definitely return for a quick dinner or lunch.Special Features:
- 3Trade: almost but not quitewannabefoodieDined on 7/26/2014The food was very good; BF and I both had the flatiron steak. The steak and sauce had great flavor; the asparagus was tender-crisp; the potatoes were more dense than I prefer, but tasty nonetheless. The service was passable. GM was great; hostess was pleasant; and our waiter friendly. However, when I asked about the wine (I was torn between a malbec and cotes du rhone) our server could not comment on the cotes du rhone as he "had not yet tried it" but he asked another server who just blurted out "earthy." In a place that has the word "Wine" in the name of the restaurant, the management should coach the staff with a few key descriptors so they at least sound like they know what they are talking about.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceWellskDined on 7/26/2014We were a group of three out of town diners who selected this restaurant from a list of suggestions provided by the planners of the conference we attended. Truthfully it appeared first on the list and since reservations could be made by OpenTable we selected it. The opportunity to select from the Charlotte Restaurant Week menu was also a factor, especially since the options were very tempting. We were not disappointed! The food was wonderful and we had great service. Our compliments to the chef and to the entire staff.Special Features:
- Eclectic and Foodie FindGoodEatsFanDined on 7/25/2014Me and my wife went here during restaurant week. The menu selections were unique. ...low country and sushi is quite a combo, but we loved it. Food was great...perfectly prepared/seasoned, cooked, and presented. Service was quite impressive considering how busy the were with the Panthers Fan Fest going on the same night. Good location within easy walking of the heart of Charlotte. We will be returning for sure. The blackened spicy tuna roll I had as appetizer is reason enough to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent but noisyExRayDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I were seated at the farthest table, near a window, the quietest part of the restaurant, but it was still quite noisy...all hard surfaces. All the dishes were well-prepared, with slightly unusual flavor twists that were good. Our server, Maria, was friendly and excellent. The price was very fair. We'd return for lunch, when it's supposed to be quieter.Special Features:
- Great FoodSWynnVIPDined on 7/24/2014Great food at good prices. The service was friendly and the atmosphere is fun yet relaxed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014The service was good the environment was good and the most important of all the food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisorganizedFoodielovaDined on 7/24/2014Went for a girls night out with 6 of my girlfriends for restaurant week. Prior to our reservation we had read some disappointing facts about the service and the food but decided to give it a try anyway. When we arrived they did not have our reservation but they would still seat is in a reasonable amount of time so we waited. Not to mention it was pouring rain outside and being restaurant week, going elsewhere was not an option. After an hour (along with others who were waiting on there table), one of the ladies went and asked if we could take the 6 top in the middle of the restaurant and make it work. They comped our first round of drinks and were very attentive after that but overall we were very disappointed and won't be going back.
- Queens Feast.....TnbelleDined on 7/24/2014The fried brussel sprouts were pretty darn flavorful. My friend had the heirloom tomato caprese salad. Unfortunately....they weren't all heirloom tomatoes...one of them was pretty tastless and had the flavor of a hot house tomato purchased from the Teeter. Her Salmon entree turned out to be delicious but my flank steak was over cooked and covered in so much bernaise sauce that it ruined the flavor of the steak.. After three bites, I was done. Our waiter never asked about the meal or why my plate was left full....he just moved us on to the next course. I must say....service was lighting fast: for a 3-course meal, we were in and out in 45 minutes. The highlight of my meal was the Strawberry shortcake and the fabulous wine!Special Features:
- Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/23/2014The drinks took forever to get to the table, but they did attempt to rectify the situation by provided drink cards for a future visit.Special Features:
- Can't say enough good thingsMHamiltonDined on 7/22/2014Upon arriving at the restaurant, i was immediately greeted by not 1 but 2 employees. They were extremely friendly and accomodating. I had a large party of 9 coming, but they had not arrived yet. I was quickly seated at the bar to have a drink while I waited for them and upon their arrival was given my pick of where to be seated. The server was very friendly and knowledgeable of the menu items. The food came out quickly and was delicious. I definitely think i've found my new go to spot and have already recommended it to numerous others who enjoy great food as much as I do. Thank you 3 Trade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencerockinronDined on 7/19/2014We tried this during restaurant week and was surprised to have such an excellent selection. Everything we ordered was prepared perfectly (although there was a little mix up with the servers and we received our dessert before the appetizer). We chose the wine pairings with each of the three courses and kudos to the bartender for generous pours and good selections. We had a very friendly server but I think the restaurant was a little understaffed (probably not ready for the volume) and she was working many tables at once. We were happy to try this restaurant and will return.Special Features:
- Has potential..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014We had a reservation last Saturday night to celebrate our anniversary. We were looking to try a new restaurant to have a romantic meal in the city. The restaurant was nice, not too loud, and perfect for a date night. We shared two appetizers, two entrees, two deserts, and drinks. Everything was pretty good. The one thing that ruined the night was the service. I've waitressed for over 7 years and have sympathy for those in the restaurant business. However when I go to a nice restaurant, I expect a higher quality of service. Our waitress was awkward, forgetful, and seemed very inexperienced. We could hear the tables around us discussing the same issues..."The food is good, the service is terrible, now we know not to come back".Special Features:
- Quick ServiceTeeJayDined on 7/19/2014The service was very quick, which was awesome! The waiters were also very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just around the cornerBeefeaterDined on 7/19/2014We went to the theater that afternoon. So after the show was over we decided to grab a bite to eat. I had read about 3 Trade in open table, so I thought that we would give it a try because it was only a few blocks down from the theater. I'm glad we did, it was a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experience925starDined on 7/19/2014Food was wonderful and the staff was very friendly and professional. The only complaint I would have is that we felt we were rushed through our dinner by, not our server, but other staff that brought out the meal and cleared the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favoriteGB23Dined on 7/18/2014We arrived back late from a trip on the first night of Restaurant week and were able to land a reservation! Menu had a great variety and the food was delicious we all ordered something different to share. Fried sprouts were awesome! Service very fast will return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and locationPamcakes82VIPDined on 7/18/2014We dined here before a show and during Restaurant week. We arrived a few minutes late for our reservation due to traffic from an accident and our table was ready. The waiter was very courteous and rushed our order to ensure we arrived to our show on time. My husband had the pork porterhouse which was delicious and I had the She Crab soup and a rainbow roll. The sushi was good as was the service. We will definitely head back there! We were a little disappointed we couldn't do the restaurant week menu due to time restraints but it was overall a great experience!Special Features:
- Wonderful, but----ShowseerVIPDined on 7/18/2014Lovely place, great menu, service very professional and friendly, But---- The noise level impossible. Even when few tables occupied it was bad and when more people came in it was futile to try to have a conversation. Those high exposed ceilings look great but don't work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't handle a busy night.Diner10Dined on 7/12/2014I have no idea how the food was because the service was so horrible that we left. There was a Night's Game and a concert on the same night so the generals manager was our server. It took him 20 minutes to get his attention to take our drink order. They were out of cucumber vodka (at 6 pm) already for the martini we wanted. Couldn't tell us how fast the food would come out as we had someplace to be - exact words from the manager was "I have no idea. The sushi seems to be coming out fast butbincouldnt tell you how long it will take". Took another 20 min to get the drinks. The glasses our drinks were served in had sharpie marks all over them. When we asked what that was about he didn't replace them he simply said it was to measure the wine.
- Great spot in UptownFordeDined on 6/27/2014Overlooked for other trendier spots, but great food and good atmosphere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before the ball gamezoltocVIPDined on 5/23/2014Pork nuggets (fried pork belly) were excellent. A very nice addition to the uptown dining scene and within walking distance of both Knight's stadium and Panther's stadium.
- The following 6 reviews are from the 3 Trade reviews archive.
- Quiet on a Thursday eveningCesarsPapaDined on 5/15/2014We met a friend from out of town. Was a quiet place to visit and catch up. Large wine selection. Limited tap list but good local choices. The ladies had salads. I tried the lobster Mac and cheese app. Needed some more so ordered a sushi roll. Both were good. It was a rainy day but they did have plenty of outside seating so may return again on a nice day.Special Features:
- WhyfigmentVIPDined on 5/10/2014I really want to like this place. It has a trendy look and an interesting menu, however the food fell short. Between being overcooked and semi-tasteless there was a lot left to be desired. Go for a drink, then dinner elsewhereSpecial Features:
- Loved itPenelopeDined on 5/5/2014Very unique menu. Well prepared with generous servings. Friendly staff. Looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi is outstandingBPLFVIPDined on 5/2/2014They have some of the best/most unique sushi around!Special Features:
- Unique Menu!MILResidentDined on 4/26/2014Well I found this restaurant on Open Table. Wanted to try something new. We sat outside. It has a nice view of the city center. The menu is diverse....sushi; burgers (they call sandwiches); pasta etc... Everyone enjoyed their meals. But what we liked best were the drinks...especially the martinis. The servers are amazing! They were a working team...making such everyone was served and happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 Trade - One of my new favesfoodie411VIPDined on 4/26/2014Loved my experience at 3Trade last Saturday evening. It was my first time there, and I brought a friend and cousin from DC. We each received different meals and we loved them all! The service was above outstanding (Akil), he was so attentive, caring and enjoyable to work with. The menu has such great items, I can't wait to return and try out some more options!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.