3 Dog Cantina
1615 N. Cahuenga Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90028Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
3 Dog Cantina
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.3dogcantina.com/
- Phone: 3234651750
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Sunday: 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am; Sunday: 5:00am - 12:00am
Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Sunday: 11:00 am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Efrain Cuevas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: catering packages available upon request.
- Entertainment: Live Mariachis to perform on some days/evenings during the week.
- Special Events: Upcoming Event: Super Bowl Sunday Drink and Meal Specials.
Valentine's Day Pre-Fixe.
A word from 3 Dog Cantina
A modern Cantina, featuring authentic Mexican cuisine from Central Mexico, served in a stunning surrounding of handcrafted woodwork and wrought iron. All dishes are made fresh and in house, with an emphasis on delicious, yet health conscious cuisine. We combine a variety of fresh vegetables and wholesome proteins with traditional sauces and flavors. Our signature cocktails are made from scratch, with whole juices, agave nectar, and natural sweeteners instead of prepackaged mixes or syrups.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
3 Dog Cantina reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (4)neighborhood gem (2)special occasion (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Football SundayPointhoarderVIPDined on 9/14/2014Good place to watch a game but the food is nothing to get excited about. The place was nearly empty but they have a set TV pattern for the games that can't be changed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchPointhoarderVIPDined on 9/7/2014Found the guacamole with baon to be a little odd since the bacon is on the side and not mixed in with the guacamole. Possibly it is done that way in case you have a vegan is eating with you. Other than that, not bad spot to watch some games.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun restaurantLAeaterDined on 7/22/2014Been here a few times and always enjoyed it. food generally is on the spicier side - even their Kale Cesar has some heat. They were out of the beer i wanted but their margaritas were good even though a little on the small side. But maybe I drink too fast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Wanted To Like ItTheDollyDined on 5/23/2014Both my drink and good order was wrong, server looked bored and the food was simply tasteless. I really wanted to like this place, fun location,good lay out. But orders wrong, server had a constant attitude and tons of salt. Sad.Special Features:
- The following 61 reviews are from the 3 Dog Cantina reviews archive.
- The best Mexican food in townWhilVIPDined on 4/26/2014I loved everything about this place. The food service and drinks were all total 10's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theater2pugmamaDined on 4/22/2014I don't get out much.Wanted a nice place to relax and chat with a friend before show.She doesnt eat spicy food.But..thought there SHOULD be something on menu she could eat.Nope.Waiter said only thing on menu with no spice was kale salad or quesydilla.She ordered shrimp one.Barely any cheese OR shrimp.My shrimp tacos..for $12.99...were 2 minis which each had 2 shrimp.The salad..was good.but..too much $ for what I got. Biggest problem..I have disk disease..Having to climb up on those high tables and chairs..embarrassing..and painful.Need tables for disabled.
- Yum!PunkinDined on 4/17/2014Wanted to find a walkable restaurant to the Pantages. Not to expensive and food that my 3 teanagers would eat. 3 Dogs hit the mark. Great ambience, service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best fish tacosMissGuacVIPDined on 3/24/2014Don't let the bar screen fool you. The food is fantastic. Mahi mahi tacos and the Brussels sprouts are delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 14' Valentine's sat in the corner!jessicaTDined on 2/14/2014I reserved a table a week an advance BC I knew it would be busy. I thought I had chosen a table upstairs overlooking the bar. We arrived early and we were seated at what felt the backroom with the dogs. I asked the hostess and she said there wasn't anything else available. I saw plenty of empty "reserved" tables. I felt mistreated and why were we the only Mexicans back there? I had been wanting to try this place for a while and didn't get to see the bar.
- Excellent Service and FoodSteakLoverDined on 2/6/2014The food was great. Make sure and try the Chicken Taquitos and Quesadilla; Salsa is freshly made and Guacamole was very good.Special Features:
- Casual place to dine and drink!OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 1/25/2014Great place to eat with friends and family! Spacious, interesting decor, fantastic staff! I would definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot before the show!SimplehealthytastebudVIPDined on 1/25/2014This is a good, reasonably priced spot to go before a show at the Pantages Theatre. Less than a ten minute walk to the theatre. That's what we did. More diversified menu than your typical Mexican restaurant. Some different and interesting drinks. The chicken and rice skillet is a nice change of pace. It's a bit loud and full of young people.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The drinks are great but thedeedinerDined on 1/25/2014The drinks are great but the vegetarian options aren't very good. I ordered the aguachile molcajete and it literally tasted like lime-soaked cauliflower. I would maybe stop in for drinks again, but definitely not for food.
- Re the Noise Level - Our 6:00SurfBumDined on 12/31/2013Re the Noise Level - Our 6:00 reservation put us at a quiet hour. By the time we left (about 7:00) it was getting noisy. Not your average chain restaurant Mexican food (which is great!). Chicken mole tacos with pickled onions (yum). Good Margs, but don't get the strawberry thinking its going to be sweet (my wife was disappointed in this aspect of the meal).Special Features:
- Bring Your PupNMDaughterDined on 12/22/2013What a fun place to go to! The food and drink were great! The topper was bringing the pups with us. They were treated like VIP's and indeed they were! They had their own bowl of fresh food and a big bowl of water delivered to our table. It is nice to have the little ones enjoy a night out as much as you do!Special Features:
- Good experienceTmanDined on 12/14/2013My wife and I just needed a quick bite before a movie. The menu was diverse and the food was great.Special Features:
- Food was decent, service wasmrmartinDined on 11/30/2013Food was decent, service was slow, restaurant was relatively empty. Not the best experience, nor the cheapest sadly.
- Best ceviche anywhereWinoDined on 11/26/2013They have the best ceviche that I have tasted either side of the border. It reminds me of Tahitian Poisson Cru.Special Features:
- Good food with poor servicePointhoarderVIPDined on 11/3/2013Sat at the bar. We had to ask for more drinks. The bartender was never on top of it to ask if we wanted another. Also never pulled our dishes until we pushed them out of the way. Food was good but the service might keep us from coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not bad for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/27/2013The bar section of the restaurant (which is huge) has open walls, so you're practically hanging out on Cahuenga, which is great for people watching. The food was decent (i had the chilaquiles, the verde enchilada sauce was a little too sweet for my taste), but I still had a lot of fun. the chili con queso dip was delicious, the chips/salsa were constantly refilled, and I got a decent number of bottomless mimosa refills (only $15, and you don't have to buy food!). I got more refills at Hamburger Mary's, but the mimosas here were stronger, so it's all good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3-DogOutandAboutDined on 10/26/2013Found this place on Yelp or Google, I forget which one. Anyway, I was able to use Open Table for the reservation which makes it very easy to get a table when you are planning to be at particular place in town. They seated us right away. Service was great, food was good. I have no complaints.Special Features:
- Good food, but too loud!DylanDanielsDined on 10/19/2013It was overall pretty good. They had some great veggie Options and the dish I ordered (veggie rice bowl) was delicious! Very hearty and tasty. I went on a Saturday night at 8pm and they had a baseball game playing on all the TVs. People were shouting really loud and it was hard to hear in there. Didn't really like the sports bar vibe. Its a Mexican restaurant not big wangs. Spicy mango drink I ordered was disappointing. Wished thy served micheladas. would go back for the food just hope there isn't a big game on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun PlaceLuvDiningOutVIPDined on 10/16/2013Hip and casual Tex-Mex cantina and grill. Tasty dishes and sizable portions. Great ambiance and terrific, friendly service. A lot of fun.Special Features:
- Good Bar for Sports FansdjkoolwhipDined on 10/6/2013The Sunday Football crowd was representing that day. The bar area is great for a Sat or Sun afternoon bar run. The food was just okay. Nothing out of this world. A little over-priced for the quality.Special Features:
- The Waiter Blew it!CongressmanVIPDined on 10/4/2013We made reservations! Showed up on time! The hostess was friendly and the atmosphere was nice! NO WAITER CAME TO TAKE A DRINK ORDER OR ACKNOWLEDGE US! Chips and Salsa came with water... it was not bad, but after 20 minutes, we walked out and ate across the street. Another Mexican Restaurant called Velvet Margarita... I recommend them... the service was excellent, the food was good, and the drinks kept flowing... $850.00 later, I left a $150.00 tip to make it and even $1,000.
- It used to be betterahaitaianDined on 9/28/2013I had been here once before and everything was pretty good. No complaints on food or service. This time around was the complete opposite. The chicken was delicious but the steak wasn't good at all. It was under seasoned and possibly even old. Service was slooooow, the waiter didn't seem to want to be there. I would've understood the slow service because we were a party of ten but there were only 3 other tables being served the entire time we were there. All in all probably won't come back, especially considering there's a Mexican cantina right across the street.
- Great sports bar atmospherewacandlemanVIPDined on 9/22/2013Great place to catch the game. Great atmosphere. Service was a little slow. Don't know if they were short-handed. Staff was very friendly though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit and miss bar servicePointhoarderVIPDined on 9/22/2013First time here. Sat at the bar. The one male bartender seemed more concerned with talking football and hitting on female guests than waiting on any of the customers. The other bartender who happened to be female seem to be a little bit more concerned for waiting on guests. So was the barback. We liked the bacon and egg tacos.I would recommend this to a friend.
- They went above and beyond!HertzDined on 9/7/2013They took really great care of us. The owner was entertaining some friends and family and he gave us his booth because our group was bigger. He made sure we were well taken care of! The food was great and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3Dog Cantina is Fantastic!TabzDined on 9/7/2013If you're looking for a great place to watch the game without being crowded, 3Dog is the place. The inside is gorgeously decorated with dark woods, modern tones, and fantastic seating. Went here with a group of friends and requested a quieter part of the restaurant and they happily accommodated us in the back room. The food is amazing. We had tacos and cheese/chorizo appetizer. I love that there's vegetarian options (essential with my group of friends). The food is very flavorful and everything comes in great portions. The ice cream is to die for (we had both the Mexican hot chocolate and the fried ice cream). Service is great, both times I've been here the servers have been attentive, friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- What a great idea!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/2/20133 Dog Cantina has this great back patio where not only can you bring your dog, they encourage it! They bring your pup a water bowl and a burrito bowl! How cool is that?! We (the humans) had spicy margaritas and delishous food. Oh and the bartender, Eric is adorable. We're going back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Mexican foodWonderfulVIPDined on 8/30/2013Had a great time. Food was excellent; they make everything fresh in house. Chips and salsa were excellent. Nice assortment of tacos and other traditional Mexican food with a good twist. Food has the right amount of heat. Our server was fantastic, Amavy made our meal even better. I love good Mexican food and definitely would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deceivingly goodCherylitaDined on 8/26/2013Once inside, 3 Dog Cantina kinda looks like it's a bit run down and the service was as though the place was packed, and it wasn't because we were on the early side for dinner. BUT.... the food was quite good. My enchiladas were great as were my friend's oysters. Just don't let them forget to season the guacamole. HA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant has a lot ofdavoDined on 7/27/2013The restaurant has a lot of potential, but since the square footage is SOO HUGE, its hard to build up energy in the room. I kept waiting for the energy level to rise, but it was extremely mellow for a saturday night. Food was great!Special Features:
- great tablenylaDined on 7/20/2013We especially appreciated that the restaurant honored our request for a quiet window location. Friendly and comfortable place to stop into with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre-show dinnerjocoVIPDined on 7/18/2013two of us were heading to a show at the palladium and wanted to get dinner beforehand. we choose 3dog for the dineLA restaurant week menu. started with the ceviche (A), queso fundido (B), and a free order of veggie nachos (B) for checking-in on foursquare. picked the crab & shrimp enchiladas (B+) and steak fajitas (A) for our entrees. finished off with churros (B) and coconut fried ice cream (A-). the meal also came with complimentary chips and salsa (which was very sweet). it was way too much food for 2 people so we took home many boxes with no complaints from the staff. service was beyond excellent. we sat on the back patio which played a nice selection of music. would definitely go back before another event in hollywood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There were some issues withTomBVIPDined on 7/17/2013There were some issues with this restaurant but the management went out of its way to work them out. The food and ambience are very nice especially for an authentic style Mexican cantina. It is a fun spot and everything was very tasty. My friend said it was the best ceviche she ever had and she is actually from Mexico.Special Features:
- take a tripAprylDined on 7/14/2013I felt like I had left the country for a special vacation the ambience and food is really that fantastic!Special Features:
- Too loud for the old folks!ChilangaDined on 6/26/2013Obviously I didn't read the reviews carefully, cuz while the food was quite good, the scene was only fit for the under 40 crowd... not the best choice for dinner out with mom & dad. The main bar/dining room was packed and jumping - filled with the young, hip crowd and tourists; we were seated in the completely empty second dining room, but it was equally loud -- they were pumping club-volume music into both spaces! On top of this, they seemed to be having a problem with the extractor fan in the kitchen because the entire space (which is huge) filled up with smoke! Fortunately, while the chips were a bit greasy, the salsa was excellent, and our mains were tasty; compensated a bit for the extreme volume.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No complaints for 3 Dogs!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/22/2013I've been to this restaurant twice. The first time was later in the evening with live music which was wonderful and romantic. The second time early in the evening (6-ish) the game was on and the bar was lively. Both times the food and service was exceptional. Highly recommend.Special Features: