2nd Ave Grill
10-123 2nd Ave. South
Saskatoon, SK S7K 7E6Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$30 and under
2nd Ave Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.2ndavegrill.com/
- Phone: 3062449899
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am -5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bobby Sekel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us for catering events. A variety of selections available
- Special Events: Corporate events, Holiday parties, Weddings, Rehearsal Dinners.
- Cross Street: Between 22nd Street East and 21st Street East
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking available. Promotional Free underground parking is available at certain times of the year. Complimentary underground parking on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings in the Scotia Parkade located on 1st Ave North.
A word from 2nd Ave Grill
The 2nd Ave Grill is a casual dining steakhouse that is located at the very core of Saskatoon’s downtown in the Scotia Centre, and has become the eatery of choice for afternoon power lunches, late evening and pre-theatre dining. The atrium is the perfect venue for weddings as well as private and group functions. The contemporary styling of the restaurant and a metropolitan menu, ranging from steaks, fresh salmon, salads and sandwiches, a vast wine list, and a modern décor, as well as great company, have made the 2nd Ave Grill a favourite destination for Saskatoon's maturing downtown crowd. Park your car in our underground parking lot, and come upstairs for the very best food and drink that Saskatoon's downtown has to offer!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
2nd Ave Grill - Best Restaurants in Saskatoon ›
2nd Ave Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (16)special occasion (16)romantic (12)great for lunch (11)notable wine list (10)late-night find (8)fit for foodies (7)neighborhood gem (7)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- First DateRsewellDined on 9/18/2014While trying to decide on a good place to take a date, she recommended 2nd Ave Grill. I had never eaten there myself but thought i'd give it a try. Nowadays when a restaurant actually takes reservations it is surprising to me, the process was quite easy. The hosting staff was eager to help me with a special request to have flowers waiting at the table when we arrived and overall service was fantastic. Overall it was a fun evening with great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOP NOTCH SERVICENorskgirlDined on 9/17/2014Open table reservation worked perfectly! We asked for a round type table in a quiet part of the restaurant and we were accommodated perfectly! From the moment we walked in the service was top notch, professional, but casual and friendly and very welcoming. We could not have asked for a better evening. Highly recommend 2nd Ave Grill. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The service and food was excellent! We were giving a huge welcome as soon as we walked in by Derek and our server was always on top of everything. Plus our food and drinks were delicious! Honestly couldn't have asked for much better! We of course be back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greateastyboy123456Dined on 9/12/2014Took a friend out for lunch....both had a great meal and dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner42dineDined on 9/5/20142nd Ave Grill is great. Loved the bacon wrapped scallops. My husbands dry ribs were a little salty but he liked them. I ordered the salmon - so good. Cooked to perfection. My husbands filet was very good but his oven roasted potatoes were a little soggy. Not good. Our friends had steak and lobster. Steaks were cooked to their liking. Unfortunately their garlic butter wasn't hot enough, only lukewarm which was disappointing for them. We discovered that the candles should have been replaced. Might have solved it. I received a complimentary dessert, creme brule, which I shared. Very tasty. Topped off the evening with coffee which was most enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best flourless chocolate torteOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/25/2014I've been coming here since it opened too many years ago and their flourless chocolate torte is still one of the best desserts I've ever had.Special Features:
- Great!saskDined on 7/18/2014I actually went sat. Night with my teenage daughter and partner. It was a really geat atmosphere , not too loud and food and waitress was awesome!! Smiling the whole time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKrak684VIPDined on 7/14/2014Restaurant was 25% full and the service was still EXTREMELY SLOW!!! 1.5 Hour wait for 2 steak sandwiches. This isn't the first time I had to wait a really long time for my food.
- Strange table choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014I was surprised to be seated outside the restaurant on a pretend patio in the mall. The actual restaurant was much more romantic and ambient. There were many empty tables on arrival and when we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing foodginger5200Dined on 6/25/2014Food was not at all good. Calamari was greasy and under-crisped (white actually). Chicken was probably frozen pre-seasoned breast of lowest quality. The restaurant seemed more like a bar than a restaurant ~ dark atmosphere, dirty carpets. This is not a restaurant I will be visiting again.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014My boyfriend and I had an amazing evening out at 2nd Ave Grill -- great service, delicious meal, and the perfect atmosphere. Will definitely plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014Pleasant meal. Friendly fast service with a great gluten free menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014I've always had great food and service at 2nd Ave Grill, which is why I reserved a table to celebrate convocation. Unfortunately, the service was terrible this time. The waiter (who was training a new waitress) spilled water on the table and we had to ask him later to wipe it up. He forgot to bring a gluten-free menu, the restaurant did not have gluten-free pasta on hand, a drink request was forgotten, the service was slow, the manager brought the wrong entrees, and the vegetables were undercooked. I won't return to this restaurant.
- The following 117 reviews are from the 2nd Ave Grill reviews archive.
- First time ExperienceFussyGuyDined on 5/22/2014I made a reservation on line and was escorted to me reserved table when I arrived. It was lunch with a client, we were discussing an important business situation and I wanted privacy, and the opportunity to discuss our subject. I picked the right spot for that. Our waitress was very considerate. The meal was fabulous, a daily feature salmon with a great salad mix of greens and potato, asparagus and tomato with a nice light dressing, obviously prepared by a chef not a cook. Paired with a glass of cab house wine, I found this a nice light and tasty lunch. My client had the same with a local beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyLikes2trynewplacesDined on 5/16/2014Service was quick and friendly. Food was very good tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014Had a wonderful evening - requested a quiet spot in the restaurant and were accommodated. The server was goodSpecial Features:
- great food and service!!sunflower355Dined on 5/2/2014I have always received great food and service when I have been at the 2nd Ave. Grill - and Friday evening was no exception. The waitress was awesome - she really made our experience so much better that night! I had the salmon - very well done and I just love the chicken and mushroom soup! And yes, of course, I will be back!Special Features:
- MickyDined on 4/15/2014I went to 2nd Ave Grill for a business lunch meeting. The restaurant was busy but not too loud, so we were still easily able to talk and hear each other. The service was good and the meals were great. We had chicken chevre salad and chicken and almond salad and the soup. I will definitely continue to take clients to the 2nd Ave Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Date Nightjasmof82Dined on 4/12/2014Great service, great food and great atmosphere. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014Service was great for our group of 10 and the food was delicious. It has a nice atmosphere as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Basic descent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2014I like to bring visiting contractors to 2nd ave for lunch because it is a safe place where everyone can find something they like. The service is usually quite good, but it was a bit less so yesterday. It seemed like there were a couple of new people on our table, this was not a show stopper. I am sure I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining before a showLeafs4everDined on 3/27/2014We recently attended 2nd Ave Grill before a show at the TCU. We both had paste and found the meal to be very good and reasonably priced. In addition my wife had a salad and we both had a glass of wine. All in all a very good meal. The waitress was pleasant and we did not have to wait long for our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night fun42dineDined on 3/21/2014Jordan was a great server. Started with tasty appies. Loved that ginger lime shrimp. Followed by the amazing starter caesar salad. Oh so tasty. My husband dined on the filet cooked to perfection. I enjoyed the delicious salmon. One of my favourites. Our meal was followed with coffee and desert. Our dinner companions enjoyed the filet and fettucini. It was a most fun Friday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/11/2014Went for my birthday and had an absolutely great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful date nightkrooploopzDined on 3/8/2014Date night went very well at the 2nd Ave Grill the other night. Been to a good selection of the restaurants in Saskatoon and first impressions of this joint were favorable. First service to ask my preference of gin for my GT. Will be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Done, AgainfarmerDined on 3/3/20142nd Ave Grill has been a great choice for us no matter what the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great downtown dinery!OpentableRegularVIPDined on 3/3/2014Food was better than expected. Not noted as a steakhouse but had an outstanding steak! all six of us enjoyed great meals. Don't hesitate to give this restaurant a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big DisappointmentbgpaDined on 3/3/2014If we would have received our meal then a review would be possible. Seems, even though we made reservations for 1 1/2 hours prior to the TCU show, this was insufficient time to prepare a meal. The server did ask and knew we were attending the show. After one hour we had to leave without supper and find somewhere else 3 hours later. Please note this was a Monday night so it was not like the restaurant was full....
- fantastic place for valentinesRJ29Dined on 2/14/2014The food was amazing. The atmosphere was great and our server was fantastic. It was a great place to spend valentinesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went for Valentine's dayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We went for Valentine's day supper. The food and service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/12/2014Very nice evening. The salad was fresh, my filet was cooked perfectly and not over-seasoned. The oven-roasted potatoes were very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our table location was perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014Our table location was perfect and the server was extremely good at tending to the table as we were engaged in a lengthy visit. We did not feel rushed or constantly interrupted so she did a very good job. The meal was good. The food was fresh, but I was a little disappointed that my meal the (tilipia special) was a little bland with the crust and sauce. I also, think that the starter salad could be improved. Again pretty basic with a slice of cucumber (old) and a token cherry tomatoe. I think an upgrade to a signature house salad would be more appropriate for the price point of the menu items. We had desserts and I again was expecting a little higher quality with the creme brulee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service were GreatSSOPinkFloydConcertGoerDined on 1/18/2014We both ordered the Special Chicken dish - it was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff was amazing! TheJoniDined on 1/10/2014The staff was amazing! The food was very good and the experience was delightful.Special Features:
- Great first impressionKingaDined on 12/9/2013Our server was Jordan, he was probably the number 1 reason we'd choose to return. He was very respectful, professional, friendly and knowledgable of the restaurant. Loved the interior decor and the ambiance of the restaurant. Very elegant !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'd do it againGernDined on 10/24/2013A group of us went and enjoyed our meal, but make sure you have time. It's a little slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with the GalsJoJoBeanDined on 10/21/20132nd Ave Grill is centrally located for our group of friends who work downtown and like to celebrate each others birthdays by going out for lunch. The menu provides enough options to please all of us, but not too overwhelming that we cannot decide. The food was great, the wait staff was charming. A good time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good atmosphere and good serviceCriscoDined on 10/17/2013I recently took my Mom out for her 81st birthday. Tough to find a spot that is current, but not too loud for an 81 year-old. This was the spot. We arrived rather late as we were out shopping, but the waiter was excellent (crouching down and speaking directly to my Mom so she could hear him) and the food was very fresh and rich in flavour. Mom had the salmon and I had steak and we were both very happy with our meals (both cooked just perfectly). The upbeat music wasn't so loud that it was distracting. I would definitely come back with friends, but also was really nice for taking someone a bit older.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favourite restaurant in Saskatoon!PanditaDined on 10/4/2013Everything started perfectly when I got my reservation confirmation an hour after having made my date online. I visited the restaurant prior to do this and loved the quiet, modern and chic atmosphere that allows adults to have a great time even if they have new born kids. This place is very versatile since has a spot for any ocassion a gal can ask for: romantic dinner, winery, restaurant, lounge, great for groups and bar which was very elegant as well as the people in it. The Washrooms are clean and nice. This is definitely a very high end restaurant and prices are very reasonable for the portions and quality that you get. I'm very happy to have chosen this place and I will definitely come back and bring my 12 friends several times more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first experienceJNineDined on 10/2/2013My first experience was a great experience at 2nd Ave Grill. We had an awesome waiter, he was fine with waiting for people to get there is smal groups, he handled an allergy with great care and attention, he brought a late order for a late comer with a smile. He was there when we needed him but not overbearing. The food was quick and very delicious, it was exactly as described in the menu. I would like to come back and try other items from the menu, there were a few that appealed to me. The prices are a little on the high side but probably middle of the line as far as city dining goes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.