29 Hudson Road
Sudbury, MA 01776Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://29sudbury.com/
- Phone: (978) 443-1700
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from 29 Sudbury
We offer a wide selection of Modern American food, with Italian influence. Any of our menu selections can be prepared by our chef Gluten free. Whenever possible, we use locally sourced food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
29 Sudbury reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (53)fit for foodies (41)good for groups (39)great for outdoor dining (34)vibrant bar scene (31)special occasion (27)great for lunch (20)great for brunch (12)notable wine list (11)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (9)late-night find (8)romantic (7)Show More
- Poor all around rating.KkmEsquireDined on 11/23/2014We were seated for brunch downstairs and noticed right away the layout seemed a bit odd- no real defined "entrance" to the restaurant and for Sunday brunch, there was no music, just the noise from the football game that was playing in the adjacent bar. Our waiter was very prompt, friendly and knowledgeable but our food took an hour with no apology or explanation. When we began eating, we discovered the food was lukewarm and over-salted. We asked to speak with the manager who appeared to be overwhelmed by her job and made a lot of excuses. We were so turned off by the whole experience, we will not go back. She did comp our meal, which was appropriate given how bad it was (and I sent mine back), but for a restaurant that's charging premium prices and boasting such an interesting menu, we expected far more. This was a big disappointment.
- Loved 29 Sudbury!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Upstairs was really nice and casual. Downstairs a bit busier. Both floors very nice. Maybe some Moet' on the Champagne list would be great! Our server was Michael and he was Excellent!!! Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Typically Uneven ExperienceAlineDined on 11/21/2014This was not our first time at 29 Sudbury and my experience was--typically--uneven. We had not been back since the summer when it took 1 1/2 hours for a soup-and-salad dinner. This time the service was better but my food was not. The Caesar salad was so lightly dressed as to seem naked, the only cheese was a few mild crumbles on top of a slice of Texas toast that exploded onto the table as soon as I bit into it, and one lonely anchovy provided some flavor. The seafood risotto that followed was, simply, bland. I added salt and pepper after the first taste but it remained so insipid I only ate half. On the other hand, the decaf mocha cappuccino was so bitter I could not drink it. The others at the table seemed to enjoy their meals more. My husband liked the tomato soup and short rib. The other couple's meals looked good and their salads also had more interest. I remain puzzled by 29 Sudbury. We'll probably go back at some point but I'm in no big hurry. And I would only recommend it with some serious concerns.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Was So HappyGrappaGranDined on 11/20/2014We came to 29 Sudbury to celebrate my birthday. I had requested a quiet table when I made the reservation. We were seated upstairs in an alcove area which was perfect. The downstairs bar and dining area which we walked through was very loud. Our waiter (Amanda) was so attentive. My dinner was delicious. My husband had the pork chop which was very good but slightly more well done than he had hoped for when asking for it medium rare. I can't wait to return to 29 Sudbury!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good all aroundDlivermoreVIPDined on 11/19/2014From well crafted cocktails to desert this casual neighborhood restaurant brings a great south end restaurant to the Sudbury suburb. We've dined here often and continue to be well served and well fed on each visit. Menu is well conceived casual dining with great selections for most anyone. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, food missed the markOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014We had been to 29 Sudbury before and it was great. But 2 of us got the Fall Seafood Risotto and less than half of the mussels were opened (at a restaurant they should all be open and edible) and the rest of the risotto was very bland and boring. Had the waiter come and checked on our entrees, we would have said something before the end of dinner. Will chalk it up to an off night, but very disappointing!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really greatNewtoconcordVIPDined on 11/14/2014I've been for lunch and dinner and have enjoyed both times. For dinner, group of four, everyone loved salads, dinners and dessert! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heavenly Chicken w/ Gorgonzola potatoesSweetSueVIPDined on 11/13/2014We have been semi regulars since 29 opened, except for last summer when our favorite dish was not available. Thrilled it's back; silky mashed potatoes w/ crispy chicken that is heaven!!! Tim is a fabulous waiter, remembering that I am gluten free even when I forget to mention it while ordering. His service is 5*****.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingpufferlaneDined on 11/8/2014Went with the blue fin tuna special...bad choice. Fish was over cooked and so salty it was not edible. Management did the right thing and didn't charge us. The pork chop was better....tasty but a bit too salty. The kitchen has way to go to make the high prices worth it.
- Missing MarkBrianDined on 11/2/2014I went on Sunday night with my wife and teenage son. We were looking for a burger and wings to watch the game. Menu seems more like they are competing with L'Espalier. They need to read their audience a little better. The restaurant was empty. I'm guessing they could have done more business with a bar menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/25/2014We had a family dinner for Mom's birthday and everything was excellent. Thoroughly enjoyed the creative cocktails, delicious and perfectly cooked dishes and our server, Amanda, was fantastic. She really made our night! When we go back, we will definitely ask for her.Special Features:
- Not as good as last time :-(NormaDined on 10/24/2014We took a couple friends to 29 Sudbury for dinner. What a different experience from our last visit back in the summer. It was lacking in both the food and service. Our server was overly chatty which we all noticed and the service was slow. Food took forever to arrive.we were still trying to hold our menus for ordering entrees when the appetizers arrived. The food was good but not mouthwatering. Some dishes were a little salty and my salmon was bland. Great wine list. All in all I expect more when spending $400 on a dinner for four.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beebee2Dined on 10/18/2014Food was delicious. Portions were substantial service slow. Noise loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 29 Sudbury - ok1sttime29Dined on 10/18/2014The food was very good. The atmosphere just didn't seem warm, the concrete floors not attractive, maybe too much open space upstairs. Service was unacceptably slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an enjoyable eveningCaren2Dined on 10/16/2014I love this restaurant! Love the food, the staff, the feel of the place.Special Features:
- My favorite local restaurantCaren2Dined on 10/7/2014I love this place! Food is consistently great - service is wonderful - and truly a relaxing atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Great Local DiningBillVIPDined on 9/24/2014Delicious lunch! Great sandwiches and hamburgers. You'd have to go to Boston to get better food. Also, an inviting atmosphere. Just go!
- Need a return experienceBluidgeminiDined on 9/20/2014We were sat at our reservation time, Danielle was the hostess, very welcoming and attentive. Our waitress was attentive as well. There were four in our party, the risotto was was not as creamy as anticipated but still appetizing, the cod was delicious perfectly cooked. Two of us ordered a few apps to split which was a perfect amount. We were disappointed with the broccoli rabe and sausage, as there was no sausage. We will return for another try.Special Features:
- Best place to dine in SudburyBillVIPDined on 9/20/2014This is Boston quality Italian food. No need to travel to the city to experience very good cuisine. The risotto and orrichette we had were both delicious.Special Features:
- Good eatsJohnnyboyDined on 9/16/2014Interesting choice of appetizers and entrees. Creative pizza options with thin crust and just the right amount. Large beer selection. Attentive wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just so, so, nothing specialJimmyDined on 9/14/2014Overpriced for average food. Service is good and layout is good, but selection and price of per plate a bit much for average food.Special Features:
- rickfortDined on 9/13/2014good time good service..........friendly ........flatbread was very good....trout was excellent.........not much choice on veggies for me. pasta was good......nice ambience.Special Features:
- luv2eatDined on 9/13/2014We had a great time at 29 Sudbury! Food and drinks were fantastic, great attention to detail, right down to the mug that the Moscow Mule was served in. Our waitress was very attentive and they even acknowledged our anniversary. Would definitely recommend if you are willing to try something a little different.Special Features:
- Worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Overall, this restaurant is very good. While it is pricey, it is in Sudbury! The menu is somewhat limited, but everyone at our table was extremely impressed with the food that they chose. The same Greer was out of this world, and there was a large number of other cocktails to choose from, and an extensive wine and beer list. From the lamb lollipops, to the beet salad, appetizers were a success! The dinner, however was not fantastic. The steak and risotto dinners were somewhat bland. There was a corned beef special, which was amazing! I kind of wish we had stopped at dinner, because the after dinner coffee drink was not great, and the salted caramel apple pie was a huge disappointment. If you are looking to splurge a little bit, go here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends made it funSunnyDined on 9/9/2014We were there celebrating a friend's birthday, unfortunately his dinner, porkchop, was dry and really not as billed on the menu. Thank goodness we had lots to catch up on or it would have been a short dinner. Let's talk about the chairs screeching on the cement floor every time someone moved. That went through me like nails on a chalk board. I Think it's probably a good place for after work drinks at the bar but in my opinion not worth the high prices for dinner.Special Features:
- Great food, but poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The food was very good. This was our 5th time dining at 29 Sudbury and the service ihas been consistently poor at best. The wait staff did not know the menu, they were not proactive, did not clear dirty dishes after appetizers, and it took a very long time to get drinks and food (over an hour to get our dinner).
- RCP1VIPDined on 8/31/2014Service was remarkably slow. This was especially annoying as there were a LOT of wait staff and a manager in the same room hovering over food as it emerged from the kitchen, but apparently poorly trained: water glasses refilled like clockwork, but obviously finished dishes left on the table interminably. That said, the food was, on the whole, pretty good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jandsDined on 8/30/2014Food was good but seemed more expensive then anticipated. Service was very good and very accommodating. Will try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!LoveFoodDined on 8/29/2014We enjoyed the fried artichoke appetizer, my fiance had the cioppini and I had the summer risotto. I started with a quite tasty red sangria, which was generous sized and very rich. Our meals came out within a reasonable time, and the food was superb. I could not finish my risotto as the portion was so large... and I'm a good eater! The bar was about 3/4 full with a respectful clientele, friendly but grown up. This restaurant is about a half hour drive from our house, and we would definitely dine there more often if the prices were a bit lower. Not that the restaurant is overcharging, just a bit outside our conservative budget. It's a good "special occasion" choice for us.Special Features:
- Regulator2014OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Needs better ambiance. Food and service is not worth the expensive prices. If u want to be upscale like Boston, prove it!
- Nice place great food....EatmoreDined on 8/29/2014We went at a group of 6. The food was terrific but the service was not. Overall we really enjoyed ourselves as a large group so the service was easily overlooked. But had it been a 2 person date, the service would have been a real issue.Special Features:
- Good Food/Great NoiselocalDined on 8/27/2014Some noise reduction, is needed in this restaurant. We were lucky to have hit a slow day and could actually enjoy both the food and our friends' conversation. The food was good although the portions weren't as ample as in the North End. We enjoyed our waitstaff who were attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spot!LovesfishDined on 8/26/2014Wonderful food and service - we loved our experience of dining here for the first time. This definitely stays on our "go - to" list! As with many other restuarants, my single complaint is the noise level .... hard surface floor, walls and ceiling just takes away from trying to have a conversation across the table. I cannot understand why management of eateries think this is enjoyable .... if noise could be muffled slightly - I would eat here every night !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBarbDined on 8/24/2014After hearing rave reviews from 2 of my clients, I had to try 29 Sudbury. The artichoke appetizer was lacking in flavor. The margherita flatbread was good, but nothing over the top. The disappointment came with dessert. The apple crumb pie was burnt around the edges. The cappuccino machine was broken, so settled on a regular cup of coffee..which was served cold. The waiter was pleasant about getting me another cup of coffee, but it took a long time. I don't think I will return to 29 Sudbury.Special Features:
- Nice local with varied menu choiceszotonDined on 8/23/2014When I first looked at the menu, I thought that 29 was a bit ambitious for a suburban restaurant with pizza on the menu, but all four in our party were pleased with their meals. Lamb lollipop appetizers were received particularly well and tuna was done just right as well. There is a good wine and beer selection, and my wife love the special sangria. The entrees all arrived at the same time and cooked correctly: spring risotto, chicken, and two pasta dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2014This was a really disappointing first experience at 29; the ambience was really poor, it really gives off that strip mall suburban restaurant feel. Overall the food was of poor quality; the fried artichoke hearts were not good; the risotto had little taste and the halibut was dry and a bit fishy. The only positives were the chocolate layer cake and the excellent service. The total bill was $114 for two people; a much better meal can be had at Bullfinches in Sudbury or Prime in Wayland for a better price. I hope 29 can get things figured out because I think it would be great for Sudbury but I will not be returning in the near future.
- love this place!Caren2Dined on 8/19/2014Once again this restaurant don't disappoint. The food was fantastic as was the service! Love eating outside on the patio.Special Features:
- my new favorite restaurantCaren2Dined on 8/16/2014I simply love it here. The food is amazing ~ the service super ~ absolutely love the outside patio area. Great specials ~ excellent bar and tons of special drinks Great place to gather with friends I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Good food, overpricedCarolVIPDined on 8/15/2014Good food. Salmon was tasty, but slightly dry. Salad good, but the goat cheese listed in the description on the menu was scarce. The restaurant could use a better sign. The black lettering on the door doesn't show up. The parking lot is okay, but to get to it from the street through the driveway isn't safe. On the way out the driveway on one side was blocked by a large van who overlapped the parking space. The decor is tasteful, and the space is quite large. I was in the mood for a "warmer" atmosphere.
- Great place for lunchBackbaydinerVIPDined on 8/12/2014I've only dined here for lunch, but it is always a great spot to have a delicious lunch on the outdoor patio. I like the new menu, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.