29 Hudson Road
Sudbury, MA 01776Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://29sudbury.com/
- Phone: 9784431700x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from 29 Sudbury
We offer a wide selection of Modern American food, with Italian influence. Any of our menu selections can be prepared by our chef Gluten free. Whenever possible, we use locally sourced food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
29 Sudbury reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (56)great for outdoor dining (40)fit for foodies (34)special occasion (27)good for groups (27)vibrant bar scene (22)great for lunch (16)hot spot (11)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (7)notable wine list (7)scenic view (3)romantic (3)Show More
- Good Food/Great NoiseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2014Some noise reduction, is needed in this restaurant. We were lucky to have hit a slow day and could actually enjoy both the food and our friends' conversation. The food was good although the portions weren't as ample as in the North End. We enjoyed our waitstaff who were attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spot!LovesfishDined on 8/26/2014Wonderful food and service - we loved our experience of dining here for the first time. This definitely stays on our "go - to" list! As with many other restuarants, my single complaint is the noise level .... hard surface floor, walls and ceiling just takes away from trying to have a conversation across the table. I cannot understand why management of eateries think this is enjoyable .... if noise could be muffled slightly - I would eat here every night !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBarbDined on 8/24/2014After hearing rave reviews from 2 of my clients, I had to try 29 Sudbury. The artichoke appetizer was lacking in flavor. The margherita flatbread was good, but nothing over the top. The disappointment came with dessert. The apple crumb pie was burnt around the edges. The cappuccino machine was broken, so settled on a regular cup of coffee..which was served cold. The waiter was pleasant about getting me another cup of coffee, but it took a long time. I don't think I will return to 29 Sudbury.Special Features:
- Nice local with varied menu choiceszotonDined on 8/23/2014When I first looked at the menu, I thought that 29 was a bit ambitious for a suburban restaurant with pizza on the menu, but all four in our party were pleased with their meals. Lamb lollipop appetizers were received particularly well and tuna was done just right as well. There is a good wine and beer selection, and my wife love the special sangria. The entrees all arrived at the same time and cooked correctly: spring risotto, chicken, and two pasta dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2014This was a really disappointing first experience at 29; the ambience was really poor, it really gives off that strip mall suburban restaurant feel. Overall the food was of poor quality; the fried artichoke hearts were not good; the risotto had little taste and the halibut was dry and a bit fishy. The only positives were the chocolate layer cake and the excellent service. The total bill was $114 for two people; a much better meal can be had at Bullfinches in Sudbury or Prime in Wayland for a better price. I hope 29 can get things figured out because I think it would be great for Sudbury but I will not be returning in the near future.
- love this place!Caren2Dined on 8/19/2014Once again this restaurant don't disappoint. The food was fantastic as was the service! Love eating outside on the patio.Special Features:
- my new favorite restaurantCaren2Dined on 8/16/2014I simply love it here. The food is amazing ~ the service super ~ absolutely love the outside patio area. Great specials ~ excellent bar and tons of special drinks Great place to gather with friends I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Good food, overpricedCarolVIPDined on 8/15/2014Good food. Salmon was tasty, but slightly dry. Salad good, but the goat cheese listed in the description on the menu was scarce. The restaurant could use a better sign. The black lettering on the door doesn't show up. The parking lot is okay, but to get to it from the street through the driveway isn't safe. On the way out the driveway on one side was blocked by a large van who overlapped the parking space. The decor is tasteful, and the space is quite large. I was in the mood for a "warmer" atmosphere.
- Great place for lunchBackbaydinerVIPDined on 8/12/2014I've only dined here for lunch, but it is always a great spot to have a delicious lunch on the outdoor patio. I like the new menu, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restaurant near ConcordOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/9/2014I'm from Colorado and visit a few times a year. It is my favorite restaurant. Menu is dogwood and there are so many things I want to try. After dinner my sister and I had a great time joining in the 1 year anniversary party at the bar. Blackberry lemoncello is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoodlesDined on 8/9/2014service great, food terrific and unusual. It was a warm, sunny evening, so eating outside was wonderful. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Won't returnMightyDined on 8/6/2014This was our first and last time visiting 29 Sudbury. The design of the interior makes the space loud and uninviting. The service was not attentive, making mistakes with the orders and generally not being present. The food was hardly worth the money; the soup of the day was sent back because it was inedible. Drinks had to be sent back because the tonic was flat. I won't come back to this restaurant; it's not worth the time or money.
- Good but.....Momof4VIPDined on 8/5/2014My group of 4 had a reservation. I waited by the hostess desk after giving the reservation name. I then waited and waited...... Meanwhile one of my friends checked in by the front patio. She was seated and waited... The hostesses did not communicate and we each waited 25 minutes till we texted and realized we were both there. Really pretty bad. I have been here about 4 times now and have found the food fine but not worth the price. The other night we all got salads with meat or salmon. Hard to mess those up. They were very good. Nice to sit outside and the drinks are always good. But service was just ok---our server was not very friendly or enthusiastic. Will I go back? Probably But it's not a "go to place" for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a high-end restaurant.SergeyVIPDined on 8/3/2014My family dined here twice. Last time we sat at the bar and this time we choose patio. The food did not tasted much, so pizza was not bad at all. I guess, pizza and pasta dishes is what you should stick to. We ordered artichokes and Carpaccio and this was a mistake. Lobster risotto was not a winner either. The service was very friendly and it almost compensated lack of skills. Patio sitting was lovely.Special Features:
- Good but slow65ImpDined on 8/1/2014Slammed on a Friday night ... Food was really good, service was really friendly, everybody great, great drinks but too slow...clearly they were overwhelmed.. We will give them another try and hope they were short staffed , neat place, rain closed outside dining but the patio looked really nice..we t recommending this place and wish them wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BOBGDined on 7/25/2014WILLING TO ALTER PREPARATION TO HELP WITH SPECIAL NEEDS NOT A PROBLEMSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so greatTIUdinerVIPDined on 7/24/2014Service was slow and disorganized (took 15 min for someone to even greet us at our table, took another 15 mins to get our drinks-yet there was 2 servers talking at the hostess station), food was flavorless and overpriced (my husbands steak came out well done and was supposed to be medium rare, I ate my pasta alone while he waited for a new steak...which was also overcooked.) The manager did stop by to apologize but the kitchen just couldn't seem to get it together. Patio was nice and I did enjoy the sangria. Would recommend for drinks and appetizers only.
- Great night out with friendsNormaDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I took two friends from out of town to 29 Sudbury on Saturday night at 7:30 and were seated right away on the outside deck upstairs. The deck is small overlooking the parking lot, but is pleasant for outdoor dining. Our waiter, Frank, was AWESOME ... he was attentive, answered all our questions about the menu & specials, and made great recommendations. My husband had the bolognese, two of us had the swordfish and one had salmon. My husband had the bolognese before and said this was much better, the swordfish was the best I've ever had. We all raved about our food and the wine selection. Great to be able to go to the bar after dinner, too. It was such a lovely evening ... 29 Sudbury is still pricey, but was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and underservedLymesmeDined on 7/18/2014The waitstaff was frustrating. Messed up the order, barely checked in, forgot to bring things, didn't follow up on questions. The food was good, but sooo overpriced. Quatro fromaggi flatbread might have literally had 4 sliced mushrooms (or seemed like it). $19 for garden salad with 6 SMALL shrimp? $12 for glass of Sangria? Flatbreads were undercooked and tough. Bread on the table was good. Caesar salad and wedge were all good. Sadly, we all had the same reaction- not worth returning. There are several nicer non-chain restaurants that we have enjoyed more. Too bad, we all wanted to like it :(Special Features:
- Exceeded expectationsMIchelleBDined on 7/18/2014WEnt with a group of 4 couples for my husband's birthday. Stumbled upon this restaurant and wasn't sure what to expect (the reviews were good, so we gave it a shot). Bar area is nice ans spacious. Drinks tasty, generous and potent (but pricey, a recurrent theme and the only downside to the place). Great service. Accomodating staff (we were reserved for inside, but when tables outside became available, we relocated and when the mosquitos descended, they provided us a nice table for dessert). The food was quite good. The pizzas yummy. The layered chocolate cake and salted caramel apple pie topped off the night. The bill however, was not so pleasant (the $12 drinks should've tipped us off!). But on the whole, loved it and would go back.Special Features:
- ConsistentlovetogooutVIPDined on 7/10/2014My family has been here 1/2 dozen times since it has opened and it is always delicious. The waitstaff is so friendly. I have never done an Open Table review and I'm doing so b/c I want this restaurant to succeed! It's in an unusual location in Sudbury but SO worth finding it and going!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place for lunch in areaBillVIPDined on 7/8/2014I had the arugula salad with grilled chicken and my friend had the hamburger special. Both were delicious. It's also great for dinner and is best eatery in Sudbury area hands down!
- hlbrDined on 7/7/2014Our waitress was wonderful and the food delicious! We highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find. Spring 14Spring14Dined on 6/28/2014This was our first visit to 29 Sudbury - on the recommendation of a friend. The restaurant has a unique ambiance and two choices for outdoor seating -- on a patio or on a second floor deck. We opted for the deck. It was a good choice and, although it overlooks a parking lot, it also looks into a woods. The server was terrific! She was very patient with my friend who couldn't decide what she wanted to eat and was very attentive. The food was delicious and worth the wait -- from the bread with hummus and oil, to the wonderful beet salad, and the Italian entrees were terrific. The only thing that wasn't top notch was the Latte. Overall a wonderful experience and a place to which I will return. I have already recommended it to friends.Special Features:
- PICKYpickyVIPDined on 6/27/2014I eat here often due to convenience. usually on a weekday nite.Recently The last 3THREE times the service was unnecessarily slow.The kitchen was always blamed.Last fri nite it was unbearable!!we arrived at 7:30.at 8:15 the apologies started. the waitress was good at keeping us informed that the kitchen was slow-at least 5 times up to 9 pm.Eventually AFTER the meal arrivesd a little after 9 the manager came up.she claimed it was due to a large group.she offered a free dessert.I traded mine for a glass of wine. no other desserts or anything else was offered. we saw 2groups of 10,not too large.Last week on a tues nite it was empty & still slow;even the drinks took 15 min!.Only go if you want to drink a lot to fill in the time..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meal and moreSethDined on 6/27/2014Delicious soup, very nice salad, flavorful entrees, and responsive service. We've been here several times and will continue to patronize this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunate experienceAnnieSDined on 6/21/2014I think our experience was set by an inexperienced waiter. We were super polite, but unfortunately, he just didn't understand Customer Service. He was MIA for most of the night when taking our order, bringing our food, and checking in on our meal. He lacked knowledge about the menu or special requests (plain pasta with sauce?). He never came back to check on our meals, so when there was a problem, a replacement was not an option and there was no attempt to rectify the situation in an alternative way. Either he was spread too thin (working with a Bachelorette party on the porch that he wished would be more rowdy), he was not trained properly, or the restaurant doesn't train their staff to provide good service.Special Features:
- Excellent for food allergiesFoodieCoupleFromNYCVIPDined on 6/21/2014The manager was very much on the ball and pleasant as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- big disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014upstairs was too cold so we moved down to the bar, no problem. We started with Wellfleet oysters which were good. My wife had the clam app for an entree and I had the swordfish. the clams were sandy. the swordfish portion was about the size of a small peach, but tasty as was the risotto. coffee was pitched as amazing, but in fact was luke-warm and tasted burnt. so for two app, one entree and no alcohol we paid $100. a real waste of money and we will not be back.Special Features:
- Great food - slow servicelove2danceDined on 6/16/2014Went with a group for lunch. The food was delicious but the service extraordinarily slow. We waited almost 1/2 hour to get our meals. Dining outside was lovely except for the almost constant noise from delivery trucks in the parking lot and sirens from emergency vehicles driving by. I would possibly give it another chance - sitting inside when there is more time to spare. Not a place to go for a "quick lunch".
- good but not greatGirlsdinnerDined on 6/15/2014We have eaten at 29 Sudbury about a half dozen times and will keep on going back due to convenience, and it is definitely a fun place to go. But the prices are high for the quality (Sunday night we got the porterhouse special for $39 and it was not worth it) so we in the future will stick to the flatbread pizzas, burgers and pasta, which are excellent.Special Features:
- Nice, but not worth the pricebkjemstDined on 6/10/2014I'd never been before, so I had no idea what to expect. The restaurant and bar area were attractive. The place was pretty busy for a Tuesday night. The service was excellent. The food was okay, but definitely not worth the price tag. We all had 1 drink and dinner and it wads $45/each, which I found to be pretty costly for what it was. My chicken was on the dry side and definitely not worth $27. My friends' swordfish over risotto was cold and had to be sent back. I might return if invited, or whatever, but I wouldn't run back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealTookiewiseDined on 6/7/2014We ate outside for one of the first warm nights of the summer. We requested outdoor seating when making the reservation and they were able to accomodate us easily. Our only complaint is that we were outside but it was kind of like sitting in the parking lot. Upstairs outside would probably be better. The food and service was excellent; it came promptly and was a good value compared to some other area restaurants. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Convenient Sudbury RestaurantLocaltoBostonVIPDined on 6/7/2014Good restaurant-good choices. Convenient. I would eat here again or try take out. Sudbury has been in great need of a restaurant like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceJimMVIPDined on 6/6/2014First time at 29 Sudbury. Food and service were great. My only complaint is that the mixed drinks were really expensive. Stick with the wine and beer and you'll be happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014I went to dinner with 6 other mom's for a special night out and we were so disappointed! Our waiter was weird and creepy and paid no attention to us. When I confronted about him coming over to take our order, he was very rude. The flatbread was salty and the rest of the staff was not friendly at all. We had to run around trying to find other waitstaff to help us, but no one seemed interested.
- First time, will come backfrankgVIPDined on 5/31/2014This was our first but won't be our last visit to 29 Sudbury. My wife had the pizza with ribs, loved it; my scallops were excellent. Our waiter Kyle was over the top first class. Energetic, friendly and very helpful. I like the restaurant very much.Special Features:
- Good & solidOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/30/2014Not a great experience, but good enough that I'd try it againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great...Service horribleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/30/2014My husband brought me to 29Sudbury for my 33rd birthday. The food was great, but the service was terrible. We had a waitress that was training that we saw 1 time. She was great, but never came back to our table. The waitress that was training her was sweet, but never offered to refill our waters or wine/alcohol. The food was a wait, but worth it, as it was delicious. The hostess was rude on two occasions coming and taking our extra chairs, only to bring that back moments later. An establishment like this should have extra chairs and not be having to interrupt on numerous occasions to meet the needs of another table. You can have great food, but if the front line is lacking people won't return.
- 29 Sudbury for dinnerdiningthoughtsDined on 5/24/2014The meal was very good and the atmosphere was fine. Just two suggestions for improvements: Tell the wait staff to stop hovering and expand the beer selections to include some darker, unfiltered options. I felt rushed by the waiters from the minute we sat down. We were asked about drinks before we really had time to look at the beverage selections. Later as we finished eating, a waiter was there instantly to remove the plates. It was like they were in a hurry to get us out of there. Regarding the beer selection ,given all of the great craft and microbrews available these days, the offerings at 29 Sudbury were inadequate. Darker brews were almost nonexistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.