28 West + Lounge - Morgan Run Resort and Club
5690 Cancha de Golf
Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92091Neighborhood:
Rancho Santa Fe
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
28 West + Lounge - Morgan Run Resort and Club
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.clubcorp.com/Clubs/Morgan-Run-Club-Resort/About-the-Club/General-Information
- Phone: 8587562471x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 11:00am; Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 12:00pm
Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Daily: 5:00pm -9:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Aldo Negrete
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live Music weekly and Weekend DJs
A word from 28 West + Lounge - Morgan Run Resort and Club
28 West and the Littler Lounge is a contemporary atmosphere featuring Coastal California cuisine using fresh, local, and seasonal ingredients. 28 West will feature a more elegant dining experience while the Littler Lounge will provide a more casual ambiance with large flat screen TV's and patio seating. Both spaces have beautiful golf course views.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
28 West + Lounge - Morgan Run Resort and Club reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (3)good for groups (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- New Chef, New Menu.....rfogsndegoDined on 7/12/2014The new chef is trying to create a very different food experience at Morgan Run, while some of the favorites are still there. There are many new additions.....servers are working to meet the high standard expected and the food quality is improving, but still needs a bit more special attention. Since we are members and get 50% off the food items and we live very close, my family eats here often and sometimes it is good, sometimes just OK...but we are still waiting for the "wow" experience that we get when dining at the University Club at Symphony Towers, another ClubCorp property. The menu still needs some reworking and attention to details by all servers, staff and cooks around the club will help the experience. The musician was VERY good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- July 4WinerDined on 7/4/2014Had a special limited menu so can't comment on overall regular food served but what we had was very good and reasonably priced, service was very attentive and friendly. Great view of the fireworks!Special Features:
- Great Food, service lackingJeffBDined on 6/27/2014I went here with my colleagues; the views are beautiful the food was prepared really well. Im not sure what was up with our server though. He seemed lost. He didnt know what beers were available, it took over 30 minutes for our food to come out. He seemed to forget about us several times. Once the food came out we were given a new server (we hadnt said anything to mgmt, so not too sure why we were switched) The server just seemed to be unaware of how to do his job or maybe he lost his dog or just broke up with his girlfriend either way he probably shouldn've gone into work that day. The food, drinks and scenery and great conversation made up for it. We appreciated a more attentive server as our visit was ending. We will try again.Special Features:
- The following 11 reviews are from the 28 West + Lounge - Morgan Run Resort and Club reviews archive.
- wonderful and relaxing brunchJenowskiDined on 5/11/2014My kids and I came here for mothers day brunch (first timers) and we were very pleased! The atmosphere was very relaxing and it looked newly remodeled. The food was really great, although they could've had more choices for a special occasion brunch. The bacon was the.best I've ever had at a brunch!! Nice and crispy. The view was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you want to have a quiet,PGregoryVIPDined on 4/10/2014If you want to have a quiet, lovely Dinner, this is your place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a surpriseMassimoDined on 2/14/2014We stayed here many years ago, but did not have the opportunity to experience the Restaurant, which was really a surprise, nice menu, great food and service, and quite notable wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst food I Ever HadBebeVIPDined on 2/1/2014I have eaten at this restaurant three times and each time the food was just awful! I had the Mahi Mahi and it easy over cooked and had no taste whatsoever! My friend's food was horrible as well. We decided NEVER to go to dinner there again. It is a pretty place and would only go for a drink once in a while. I felt sorry for our waiter Cody. He was a nice young man.
- Go for lunch wih cashMIssMDined on 2/1/2014The food and service were great. Two problems: they had live violinists and that set the noise level up a few notches, so when the room filled up it was very loud. The live music was nice by unnecessary. Then I paid with a credit card and realize after midnight that I did not retrieve it when signing the bill ( I dontl recall seeing it in the folder). A call to the property early the next morning was useless, they did not find it with a quick look around so I canceled the card. Friends have had the same experience and with much better customer service had the card and had locked it in the vault for them to collect.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeping Up With Other Club MembersFineDinerDined on 1/30/2014We ate at 28 West with friends of ours that belong to another club in the area. The food, the service and the ambiance exceeded everyone's expectations. It's nice to know we can enjoy the same dining amenities as other clubs in the area and not have to pay the dues!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Evening at 28 WestPGregoryVIPDined on 12/21/2013We love the beautiful new look to the restaurant and the food, as always was so delicious! The new menu is quite nice and we enjoyed the way we choose a sauce and a side dish to go along with our entree.Special Features:
- Brand New DigsNewBrainDianeDined on 11/16/2013The renovation done on this dining room is beautiful. In fact the overall renovation of the Club is a big improvement.
- What a lovely spot for a nicePGregoryVIPDined on 11/14/2013What a lovely spot for a nice dinner. The decor is very "hip" and the service was excellent! Casey was on top of everything and we thoroughly enjoyed the food!Special Features:
- Tips on TippingDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 10/17/2013Was disappointed to find out that this restaurant charges an automatic 20% tip on all bills, no matter how many people are in the party. They explained it was because they were a "private club." But we dined there and we aren't members so it isn't that "private."
- communication mis-stepremingtonDined on 10/12/2013Since it was 28 West's opening, the hostess did not have the "comments" section of our Reservation on her Opentable reservation. She said that we did not specify "28 West" which we had done Also, she did not have our seating request which was the "banquette" side of the room. (They did move us as it was empty at that time.) Disappointed in the "Mushroom tart" It was just a small crust with a pile of mushrooms, no cream or glaze. Must have been a mistakeSpecial Features: