275 Main at Pitcher Inn
275 Main St.
Warren, VT 05674Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
275 Main at Pitcher Inn
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.pitcherinn.com/dining/275-main/
- Phone: (802) 496-6350
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Monday: 6:00pm - 9:30pm; Breakfast is available to inhouse guests
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from 275 Main at Pitcher Inn
"The Pitcher Inn is a jewel of sophisticated dining off a remote rural country road. The menu, which changes almost daily, is replete with brilliantly prepared dishes, from the Nantucket Bay scallops in a saffron broth with crimini mushrooms, pancetta and grilled bread ($17) to the braised Colorado lamb shank with orzo, tomatoes and French feta for $30. This may be Vermont’s best restaurant." New York TimesContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
275 Main at Pitcher Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (11)special occasion (11)fit for foodies (9)notable wine list (8)neighborhood gem (7)scenic view (5)vibrant bar scene (4)good for groups (4)great for outdoor dining (3)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Delicious diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/30/2014This was a wonderful evening in cozy but elegant surroundings and with superlative service. So we got lucky - we were the only guests so had our choice of seating (fireside) and the undivided attention of our amusing waiter, Mason. The menu is diverse and interesting and Mason paired wines for both of us giving (and charging for) smaller glasses (Prosecco for both to start, Vouvray and Semillon, Gamay and ?) as we needed to drive back to our Inn. My husband started with sweetbreads, crispy and delicious, my pan-roasted quail was succulent and flavourful. Mains were a roast duck breast perfectly cooked with sautéed spinach and a delicately orangey jus and crispy rosti, local farm lamb melted in the mouth and was well paired with mushrooms.Special Features:
- Long time fan!MadaboutheplaceVIPDined on 10/9/2014An understated gem in a valley that shares those same qualities! Been coming here since they opened their doors in the lat 90's and both the Inn and restaurant have only improved with age!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- arleneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014It was a wonderful restaurant with excellent service and atmosphere! The food was amazing! Can't wait to go again.Special Features:
- Quaint and ElegantVermontDined on 9/18/2014We stayed in Stowe and this was recommended to us by an associate of a local Gallery. Although it was a hour drive it was well worth it! It was our last night in Stowe and we wanted to find a place that would be special. The waiter Mason was extremely friendly and made our evening enjoyable. He recommended the Duck appetizer that was out of this world. The Lamb was so full of flavor and the Chicken was moist and seasoned perfectly. You must also visit the Bar downstairs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a special TripowleyesDined on 8/28/2014We chose this place, a Relais et Chateau spot, to celebrate our 38th wedding anniversary. I can't conceive of a better choice. It seemed as if the entire staff was waiting on line to congratulate us and serve our every whim. The menu had such excellent choices that decisions were difficult. Torn between two of my favorite appetisers, grilled octopus and fried oysters, I let our server choose for me: the oysters. A frequent habitue of French restaurants, I never had better. My wild striped bass and my wife's lamb were excellent. A truly delightful experience.Special Features:
- memorable mealvegetarianVIPDined on 8/9/2014275 is one of our favorite places to dine and we had one of the best meals we have ever had there Saturday night.We had great food and wine recommendations from our waiter, Mason. The local lamb was superb as was the filet and the composition of each plate a visual treat as well as interesting to eat. All five desserts on that menu were tempting and the three we ordered, delicious.Special Features:
- Special EveningCharlie3Dined on 8/1/2014It's not difficult to find a good restaurant in Vermont to enjoy, but I wanted a special evening to celebrate a significant birthday for my wife. We found it at the Pitcher Inn. Because it was summer, the backyard gardens were beautiful, and the stream babbling next to the dining room added to the ambience. And the food was a treat, with unusual pairings of ingredients that worked magically together. Our waiter was quite knowledgeable and led us to several dishes we would have passed by.Special Features:
- The following 16 reviews are from the 275 Main at Pitcher Inn reviews archive.
- EclecticChiefVIPDined on 7/27/2014Amazing food, extensive wine list...at triple + the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable Valley choiceeatprayloveVIPDined on 7/23/2014Either Tracks or main fine dining room, always top notch, food, wine and service. The chicken entree was to die for. As always, thanks for the memories!Special Features:
- Amazing Night OutVTDinersDined on 7/5/2014Our family enjoyed a relaxing and wonderful meal at the Pitcher Inn. The service was outstanding, and the staff was very knowledgeable, welcoming and friendly.Special Features:
- great foodjcarrmeVIPDined on 7/3/2014It was our first time dining here and the food was great and the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Fine diningvegetarianVIPDined on 6/27/2014We have been long-time fans/diners at this lovely inn and restaurant. The menu is always interesting, the service, attentive and the actual meal is always at least very good. We had another delicious meal and lovely time with good friends. The wine list is extensive and is always well matched to the dinners ordered. It is wonderful for breakfast/brunch but they serve that meal only to people staying at the inn.Special Features:
- Gorgeous LocationDawnDined on 6/7/2014I took my boyfriend to Pitcher Inn for his birthday and we were visiting from out of state. He's a foodie and I expected outstanding food, particularly based on the price. The food was good but nothing special. But the Inn and the location are gorgeous. The restaurant is romantic, ask to be seated by the window overlooking the water. We did not order wine that night but the sommelier seemed very knowledgeable and they had a pretty nice wine selection.Special Features:
- ExcellentChadDined on 4/11/2014After hearing rave reviews about The Pitcher Inn for years, I finally decided to give it a try. I was not disappointed at all. Everything was excellent. Our waiter (Mason) made us feel right at home as if we had been there dozens of times before. He was top notch. The food was delicious. Ari (sommelier and manager) helped us choose an excellent bottle of wine that went great with the food we had chosen. Overall we could not have asked for a better experience and will be back. While it is certainly not cheap, it was still worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vermont FindCludmdDined on 3/5/2014Wonderful food and lovely service. Perfect for Vermont.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/19/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday. They gave a great table and made him feel very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely placeHappyVIPDined on 2/16/2014We had a very enjoyable dinner. The goat cheese was wonderful with the salad. Our duck and lamb entrees were very good. And we enjoyed the chocolate dessert. Highly recommend this place for a nice night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Village GemsharryjawmVIPDined on 2/14/2014275 Main at the Pitcher Inn is one of our favorite restaurants for special occasions. Chef Sue Shickler uses local, organic grass fed meats and local, organic fruits, vegetables and cheeses. The staff is friendly and helpful and service is always attentive and personal. We are never disappointed! This Relais & Chateau Inn is a delightful place to stay in the winter with Sugarbush and Mad River Glen Ski resorts nearby, and especially in the summer during the Valley Arts Festival.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerVermontboundDined on 12/12/2013Another fabulous meal with terrific service. Romantic setting for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 12/11/2013This was our second visit to 275 Main Street, and as before, it was excellent. It is a very special place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our special weekendMandNDined on 11/27/2013This was our special weekend in a nearby cabin and we were hoping to find good, local restaurants. Based on online recommendations we decided to try the Pitcher Inn. What a great find! From the moment we walked in, the staff made us feel right at home. Everyone was friendly, yet maintaining that efficient and professional air of a fine dining restaurant. The wine list is good and includes a larger than average selection of wines by the glass. This is always an issue because my wife only drinks white and I generally prefer red, so we rarely have the opportunity to order a bottle. The appetizers were fun. We were pleasantly surprised by the fried sweet breads. I ordered the steak, which was amazing. Best steak I've had in years. Must return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special occasion for sure!cotto22Dined on 9/19/2013We went to Pitcher Inn for a special birthday dinner while visiting Vermont on a short vacation to check out the area. I had found the restaurant while looking at restaurants online, and thought it might be a nice place to celebrate my birthday dinner, and I was not disappointed. While the food was great, it was the welcoming spirit and professionalism of our host and server who made the occasion so special. From the Happy Birthday printed on the menu, to the wine pairings of our courses, to the little candle on my dessert, he took very special care of us. If we should end up in Vermont in the years to come, we will look forward to returning to the Pitcher Inn. What a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendid!FoodGrlDined on 5/24/2013What a magical evening! Splendid food, white linen ambiance, attentive service. Truly a very special place, indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.