25 Liberty St
Toronto, ON M6K 3E7Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.25liberty.ca/
- Phone: 647-748-8200x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Please note 25 Liberty asks guests to call the restaurant when booking parties of 6 ppl or more. As is industry standard, such parties require a credit card # to hold reservations. Thank you.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, International
- Executive Chef: Daniel Lynn
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Coming soon.
- Private Party Facilities: 25 Liberty is very versatile. Available for sit down dinners, cocktail parties with passed hors d'oeuvres, semi private meetings, even weddings! Let us help you organize your next function.
- Private Party Contact: Tarey Stone 647-748-8200x
- Entertainment: Coming soon.
- Special Events: Our new Prix Fixe menu is available Tuesday- Thursday evenings.
Please call for details.
- Cross Street: Atlantic Ave.
- Public Transit: GO Transit: The Exhibition Go Stop is located at the end of Atlantic street and is just a 4 minute walk to the restaurant.
From Subway: take the Bloor line to Ossington station. Take bus #63 towards Liberty Village, disembark at Atlantic Ave.
From streetcar: Take 504 King, disembark at Jefferson Ave. and walk south
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is street parking and several parking lots to choose from in the area. Notably, there is a Green P parking lot right across the street from the restaurant.
A word from 25 Liberty
A contemporary classic -- a warm, intimate chef-owned dining room and craft cocktail bar in a landmark Liberty Village building. Chef Daniel Lynn offers food that makes you want to leave the house. Our approachable, thoughtfully chosen wine list features an extensive selection of wines by the glass. Attentive, engaging service and a large bustling patio make 25 Liberty a great neighborhood destination for brunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
25 Liberty reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (7)great for outdoor dining (5)romantic (4)great for brunch (4)special occasion (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great find!zootooDined on 7/31/2014Great service, attentive staff. The duck and venison steak was perfectly made. Hard to find parking during busy hours, but restaurant is easy to find.Special Features:
- A great meal once againWolfieVIPDined on 7/25/2014This is a true gem in Liberty Village and a must for a romantic or family dinner. Service was great.
- Hit & MissPickyrefoodDined on 7/4/2014Summer evening dinner - patio full, inside: plenty of tables. Seated next to a large table with a single woman which shortly thereafter became a table of six very lively patrons. Not enough to complain about but why were we seated next to what staff apparently knew in advance would be a noisy table? Hit & miss food (great appetizer but uninspired main dishes) coupled with inattentive service and long waits for each course.Staff seemed genuinely concerned at end about whether we had enjoyed meal, providing a discount coupon for a future meal. Not sure we'll ever use it.
- Fantastic Liberty Village SpotjmitchyDined on 6/28/2014Great patio in Liberty Village with excellent quality ingredients and flavours. Great choice.Special Features:
- Worth the visit!KWdiningDined on 6/27/2014This was our fist time at 25 Liberty and it met all expectations and recommendations from friends. Would certainly visit again.Special Features:
- Good food. Slow ServiceBabuBhuttDined on 5/7/2014The food was great. Service took a while, as the place was busy with TFC fans trying to make it to the game. Will try it again when it isn't so busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 76 reviews are from the 25 Liberty reviews archive.
- Wonderful dining experienceOceanichailDined on 4/26/2014From the moment we walked in, we felt welcomed by the friendly staff. And the friendly hospitality continued through out the night. We were first seated at a fairly small table for 2, but the staff voluntarily offered us a bigger, more cozy table near the corner 15 minutes after we sat down. We definitely felt that was a nice touch. The food was excellent for both presentation and taste. This is a must try restaurant in the neighbourhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service & drinksMissVVIPDined on 4/25/2014We had a very enjoyable dinner with friends. Shockingly empty for a Friday night. We had a great sassy server who gave us great cocktail and food recommendations. If I lived in the area, I would be there often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mr gOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/10/2014one of the best meals i have had in a long time ,great presentation of the dishes,good size portions,excellent value for the money,will defiantly return again.Special Features:
- Delightful surpriseWolfieVIPDined on 4/5/2014This restaurant is a welcome addition in Liberty Village. Food was really good and the service excellent. Everything was delicious and we would return again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liberty Village FavouriteHulseDined on 4/5/2014We had occasion to try 25 Liberty for dinner recently and found it to be fantastic. The staff were informed and very friendly. The service was prompt and the meal was excellent. I had a squid ink pasta while the others had a multitude of starters as their meal. I also had the blood orange salad. It was fantastic. I would recommend the food to anyone. We had eaten brunch 3 or 4 times before but never dinner or lunch, so it turned out to be a nice alternative. Fair price. A really interesting menu, including dessert. We will be back for sure.Special Features:
- Best brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2014Wonderful sunny spot for brunch. Food is amazing. It's every taste you want on a plate at once. Great coffee or cocktails depending on your mood. Highly recommend it. But always want to keep it on the down low. Love it too much to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious and cozy brunchsavagiVIPDined on 3/23/2014We walked through Liberty Village trying to find a good brunch spot, but everywhere we went had a lengthy wait. We made a quick Open Table reservation for 25 Liberty, and when we arrived 10 minutes later, the team scrambled to put together a spot for us to sit. (It was busy!) Not only did they apologize for making us wait all of 5 minutes while they put together a table, they bought our brunch. I had the veggie/goat cheese fritatta, and my friend had pork and beans. Loved every bite, and appreciated the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but $$$KimBDined on 3/21/2014Food was delicious however a bit on the pricey side, for two people it came up to 166$ (glass of wine,appetizer and entree /person). I would go back again but probably for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Liberty GemJennyDined on 3/21/2014I've overlooked this place before, but when I finally stepped in it was the best meal I've had in Liberty Village. Staff was great and mains are mouthwatering. I would go back in a heart beat.Special Features:
- The Risotto Balls are FillingfullonrisottoballzDined on 3/14/2014A great place for a casual dinner or a romantic date. High ceilings, but still felt cozy. The music was funky and upbeat. We had the snapper and duck breast for our mains, but had filled up on the risotto balls (filled with mushrooms and cheese,) which were delicious, but the waitress could have warned us that one order was suffice for two people as a starter (it was funny because she recommended that we not order the scallops because it was appetizer size.) Looking back a risotto ball starter and the appetizer scallops would have been perfect... Oh well. Now we know for next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.SuestepDined on 2/22/20144 of us got together for a birthday celebration and were not disappointed. We ordered the antipasti platter for all of us. It was excellent. As one of us could not eat garlic, they provided a different garlic free appetizer for him. We had the duck, the venison, the lamb and the beef. All were done beautifully and the veg that accompanied them were very good. We shared the sticky toffee pudding for dessert...a wonderful indulgence. Service was attentive and not rushed. A very pleasant evening with good food. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great night out!JaniemDined on 1/25/2014We found 25 Liberty online and we loved it! Great ambience, delicious food and a nice place just to enjoy an evening out. I'm looking forward to a return visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good . . . with a few flawsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/25/2014One cooled-off entree didn't spoil the excellent appetizers and other mains. I'd have sent back the veal chop, but it was the very last one of the specials. Still tasty though. The staff helped with some vegetarian/vegan-ish selections for one of our party (and you can call ahead to talk to the manager about that sort of thing - which I forgot to do). Excellent staff - knowledgeable, presentable, efficient and non-intrusive. Solid wine and beer list. Great location at the SW corner of Atlantic & Liberty. Parking very close by. Deserves a fourth star, really, but for my cooled-off chop. Everything else was perfectly tasty, well prepared and nicely presented. Relaxed dining in a dynamic part of the city. Desserts were perfect. I'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local spotTylerCSDined on 1/17/2014We ate here as a group of six to celebrate a few birthdays. I have lived in Liberty Village for seven years now, but had not been here since the rebranding. The food was fantastic, the service was perfect and the restaurant has a good intimate size. I found the price very reasonable for a group our size. I would highly recommend and will certainly return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was amazing! Our serverFoodieFanaticDined on 1/12/2014Service was amazing! Our server was hilarious and totally made our day. The baked eggs was delicious, and I accompanied mine with a side of lamb sausage (strong flavour with a good kick). Liberty 25 has definitely turned into one of my favourite brunch spots in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatDerekDined on 1/10/2014Great little cozy neighborhood restaurant. Really fantastic menu, very creative and consistently good execution. Nice range on the wine list, and the wait staff is always willing to make a recommendation. One of the better restaurants in Liberty Village, and not stupidly expensive.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceMPTBDined on 11/23/2013Great food, great service and great ambience. A real treasure of a restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25 LibertyGourmandDined on 11/22/2013My wife and I finally dined here and we're so glad we did. From appetizers to desert, the food was excellent. The service was friendly and efficient in a nice room with high ceilings. And, at last, a restaurant that serves ample portions so I didn't walk away hungry, which often happens in Toronto these days. We highly recommend 25 Liberty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch spot!jasonmDined on 10/26/2013My girlfriend and I have been here several times for dinner ( which we've enjoyed) and decided to try brunch. We were not disappointed. As always the service was amazing - friendly, attentive, and never had us waiting. The brunch was delicious. I had the eggs Benny which was served on a bed of potato rosti and came with roastedo pork. My girlfriend had the market frittata, which was madewi th chorizo that day. Both dishes were delicious and we were thoroughly stuffed. We were also given a complementary little serving of fruit while our dishes were being prepared. Overall I would highly recommend 25 liberty for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceJustinDined on 10/9/2013I always enjoy a restaurant that has a bit of space. I didn't feel like I was on top of anyone. I also appreciated the service - attentive without being overbearing. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Lovely BrunchToddlerinTowDined on 9/21/2013We visited 25 Liberty with friends and our two year old toddler. Brunch was very tasty and the atmosphere was calm and relaxing. It appears that the restaurant does not serve toddlers very often as we made several requests for milk, bread, fruit (anything to keep our toddler from toppling the table over) and waited for a significant amount of time. Otherwise, a very good experience but will not likely go back with our son.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very relaxed and informal..waxmanDined on 9/14/2013Very relaxed and informal.. nice place to go for a romantic dinner and resonably priced. Service was prompt, attentive but not hurried. We were pleasantly surprised with our food choices. The aged beef steak and the sea bass were great and the medly of seasoned grilled vegtables on the side were a very nice touch. Wine selection is fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeBettyCooperVIPDined on 9/14/2013We had such a great experience! Our server was friendly and fun and the food was fantastic. Cocktails are clearly made by a highly trained mixologist. They make their own vermouth!Special Features:
- Great foodkathDined on 9/14/2013Food was excellent - a cut above the norm - nicely presented and tasty. Everybody does the tomato and boconcini salad but their tomatoes were divine with mozarella di bufalo as the cheese and an excellent balsamic. The pastas were were the perfect texture with an al dente crunch but the gnocchi was disappointingly watery, which detracted from the fine flavours. Nice casual atmosphere and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchlovechuckDined on 9/7/2013The service and food were fantastic. The setting is very quaint which was great for that romantic feel. I'm from out of town but I'll definantly be going back to 25 Liberty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Wine too expensive.foodieDined on 8/31/2013Great food. Wine too expensive. Makes one second guess getting more than one glass. Couple of items on menu unavailable with server neglecting to inform. Long wait to order even first drink. Bad fuzzy outdoor speakers. Entrees did not arrive all at once. The saving factor here was the quality of the food which was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service and Great Food!DebbieFromTorontoDined on 8/20/2013We went to 25 Liberty for our 4th anniversary and it was fantastic. The service was excellent - they paid attention to what we asked for and made recommendations that were spot-on. And the food was great, as per usual. It's an excellent spot for a romantic dinner or a dinner out with friends. We just can't say enough about the service - bartender and servers as well as the chefs - all really put in an effort to make us feel like they were eager to please, which was really nice to see! And we were pleased!Special Features:
- One of my favourite spotsjasonmDined on 8/9/2013My girlfriend and I came back here for dinner - it had been a while since our last visit. I ordered the gnocchi, she ordered the cornish hen, and we shared our dishes. Both dishes were simply amazing. It was one of the best meals we've had out in a while. The service was also great - friendly, attentive, and genuine. I ordered my favourite cocktail, a caesar, and it was just perfect. Had a great experience at this neighbourhood gem and will definitely be coming back. I'd definitely recommend 25 Liberty - you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and presentation,whippet1Dined on 8/9/2013Great food and presentation, excellent service and new modern atmosphere!Special Features:
- We had a great dinner at 25VickiDined on 8/6/2013We had a great dinner at 25 Liberty, the food and service were fantastic, would definately return.Special Features:
- Good food, good service, lovelyWriterinresDined on 7/25/2013At first the music was too loud at every table we tried (including outdoors), but the waiter very quickly offered to turn it down a bit, which made it very acceptable. Being vegetarian, I asked if the chef could make me just a plate of grilled vegetables with a potato of some sort included. I got an absolutely delicious dish based on their antipasto platter with grilled and marinated vegetables. A potato croquette on the side was equally yummy. We had one 9 oz wine and one 6 oz wine, and a shared dessert. Bill for two was $115 with tax and tip. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2013Cocktails - Excellent Appetizers - Excellent Main course - Excellent (brazed beef cheeks) Wine & Wine List - Good selection Service - Very good but was not very busy at the time so to be expected Pros - Great neighborhood spot with excellent food. Very nice to be about to have high quality food right in your own backyard. Why waste $40 bucks on cab fare ($20 each way) when I can take a nice 10 min walk down the street and put the savings into the actual meal. Cons - Not for everyone at about $100/person including tip (table of 4) but we did have 6 cocktails and a good bottle of wine. Overall - Very enjoyable evening and I'll be back. Would also go just to sit at the bar and have one of the great cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again... a GREAT meal.LFellDined on 6/22/2013Our group of 5 had a great dinner this past weekend. Food was delicious. Service was fun and friendly. Another GREAT night at 25 Liberty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My second visit; will definitelysiellgeeDined on 6/22/2013My second visit; will definitely come again. Keep up the good workSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.