407 W Magnolia Ave.
Fort Worth, TX 76104Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.24platesfw.com/
- Phone: 6827305749
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Beau Johnson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Acoustic Guitar music featuring several genres of music: Jazz,Flamenco, Classical, Folk, Classic Rock, Country. Most weekends and some Happy Hours
- Cross Street: May Street
- Public Transit: A bus stop is located 2 blocks away at the corner of Magnolia and Hemphill. Molly the Trolly also provides transportation during special events on Magnolia Avenue.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Our parking lot is located behind the restaurant. You may enter the restaurant through our patio. Additional parking is available in the Catholic Church Auxiliary parking lot adjacent to our lot, as well as on the street in front of, and beside the building.
A word from 24 Plates
24 Plates is a Global Tapas Bar & Restaurant serving tapas style dishes from around the globe, as well as Contemporary American Cuisine. Some "not so small" plates are also available. Our indoor/outdoor bar serves guests on our beautiful patio that was once home to the green house that served the Flower Shop that previously occupied our 1925 building. It has now been renovated into an upscale industrial venue featuring 24 Eclectic Menu Items, Specialty Cocktails, a Global Wine Selection, Craft & Domestic Beer, and Live Acoustic Guitar Music.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
24 Plates - Best Restaurants in Near Southside ›
24 Plates reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (63)neighborhood gem (46)great for outdoor dining (42)good for groups (31)great for brunch (28)hot spot (26)great for lunch (25)special occasion (20)romantic (14)late-night find (8)notable wine list (8)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- very good food and nice serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Great variety of foods. We had 2 small plates, a salad and 2 entrées, one dessert and two drinks. It was a lot of food between two people. Satisfying, filling but not heavy. A bit more than what I usually spend on dinner but it was nice for a special occasion. Live music on the patio. Our server, Elliot was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time around $$$$FwnativeDined on 10/6/2014Everything about this place is awesome but it is simy too pricy. Cafe Madrid in Dallas sets the bar for tapas. Again while the food is very good we had to spend way too much to feel like we had a meal. Even the large plates are smaller than an appetizer anywhere else. This place is not going to make it. Too bad because I really like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My New Fave!!!GlennjamDined on 10/3/2014We love going for brunch,lunch or dinner! Fantastic menu!!! Great atmosphere!!! Love it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left something to be desiredAndrewDined on 10/1/2014This was a great date spot that my girlfriend wanted to try out. We went early in the evening and found it to be quiet, romantic, and high quality. My only complaint is that the serving sizes were too small. The food was delicious, but we split five plates between the two of us and were left hungry again by the end of the night. For the price we paid, I was disappointed. Overall though, it was a good experience and definitely someplace that we will go again for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2014Second visit. First was for lunch and food and service was great. This visit was for brunch. The food was ok and the service was very poor. Hopefully just a bad day.Special Features:
- Jury Still Out ...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014The enjoyed the food very much ... And that's why I went ... But, I believe that they offered three or four different Pinots on the menu but was out of them all. The waiter did recommend another one for us ... but it was not good.Special Features:
- Not good-ProfessionalDinerVIPDined on 9/26/2014The beef was tough, sinewy and nearly in edible. Chicken was ok if smothered in peanut sauce. Street tacos ok but not exceptional- served cool. The salads were fine. Somewhat pricy for marginal food and atmosphere.
- New favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014Was our first visit and we will return. We ordered mac-n-cheese, meatballs, hake and pork loin roll, finishing with their special bread pudding, and everything was exceptional and different from the norm. Enjoyed the sharing concept promoted by restaurant. Eager to sit in the outdoor area next time; it looked inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for all ocassionsHossDined on 9/22/2014we had dinner here and the choices for plates were very good. the idea of an upscale tapas restaurant is great. we sampled many different dishes and the portions were perfect whether a small plate or an entrée. The bread pudding was fantastic.....we learned there is music on certain days of the week and will return for a visit soon for the sampling of the music and more great foodSpecial Features:
- DelightfulddmtxDined on 9/22/2014Friendly, professional staff. Ahi sliders were light yet rich with a wonderful blend of texture and flavor. Calm and relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total DisappointmentPorkchopDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I were super excited to finally get a reservation, but it was a total disappointment! We asked the waitress for the most popular appetizer. It was a flaming queso dip- which they light on fire at the table. The center of the dip was still cold and had no seasoning. After a few minutes it started to harden when it cooled( like queso you make at home with velveeta) . Pretty sure that was the main cheese used since it had that processed food taste! Grandmas popcorn ( fried okra,potatoes, squash) was full of grease and super salty. It was inedible. Lobster tacos had a weird sauce on it in which the acid and the fats separated and made it very oily. Scallops had the same oily sauce. Mashed potatoes were cold,lumpy, and lacked saltSpecial Features:
- Great experience!eeleeDined on 9/19/2014Everything was great including the location, I can walk there from my office and meet friends who are coming from all over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ope2007Dined on 9/17/2014There were 4 of us and we each ordered 2 different small plates. The food was wonderful! The service was excellent. We ate inside so it was noisy more than "energetic". The manager and the chef visited our table. It was a wonderful experience all the way around.Special Features:
- BrunchiliciousGramgramDined on 9/13/2014This is a great place for brunch with friends and family. We were met with warm greetings, excellent service, and the food was fantastic!!! The wait staff and manager made us feel so welcome. I can't wait to go back for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll go backjudyDined on 9/12/2014I've had lunch several times and now dinner once at 24 Plates and enjoyed it each time. Love the patio, love the idea of small plates, and liked everything I ordered. Wine list is a little limited and pricey.Special Features:
- Won't returnAngeloDined on 9/8/2014Not our favorite. too loud and could overhear conversations around our table. Food was good but too eclectic for us. Scallops were very good.Special Features:
- Disappointing, but has potentialCgainesDined on 9/6/2014I live near the Magnolia area and frequent many of the restaurants along this wonderful avenue. 24 Plates came recommended by friends and I made a reservation for Saturday, 6 Sep.Wait staff was very attentive and accommodating but the food was simply bland and disappointing. The Flameado queso was particularly bland with a burnt taste. The bacon covered dates wrapped in bacon were very small and lacked the sweetness of dates and you would not have known that they were bacon wrapped. The broccoli and G'Ma's Popcorn were also uninspired. The manager did remove an item from my tab after I gave him an honest assessment of the food.The staff is good and 24 Plates has potential. Perhaps I just had an unlucky experience and I will dine here again.Special Features:
- 24 platesluv2dineDined on 9/4/2014The whole experience was OK. In Fort Worth, for this dining style, other options are more interesting.Special Features:
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Everything we had was very good. Recommend the bacon board and the apple butter biscuits.Special Features:
- Needs some polishbammercDined on 8/30/2014Atmosphere was good, decent selections of beer, wine and spirits, food was good, but we had to wait an extraordinary long time for one person in our party to be served. Three of us were essentially done with our meal before the fourth received her meal. No explanation other than, "Sorry." Perhaps we expected too much.Special Features:
- datenightinFWDined on 8/30/2014We loved the vibe. The food was fantastic! We had the G'ma's popcorn, bacon covered dates. The Ahi tuna steak was phenomenal. Our other "large plate" was the pork loin. It was great also. Awesome restaurant find.Special Features:
- Chezna's birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014My daughter asked for brunch for her birthday, she picked this lovely place. Will definitely go back. Staff was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great food and funYumyumDined on 8/29/2014My sis and I went to 24 Plates before seeing a play in Ft.Worth. The tapas were outstanding especially G'Mas Popcorn..yummy! The jicima salad was also great, but the wow was the molten chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream....wowed-wow-wow-wow!Special Features:
- Another hit for Magnolia areaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Great place to try if you like a variety of menu choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved 24 PlatesLoves2eatDined on 8/26/2014We dined on a Tuesday night and had a reservation. Seated immediately. Food was delicious. Our waiter named Tracy was was very good and well informed about the menu. We dined with a vegetarian that has food allergies so Tracy checked with the kitchen about the dishes we ordered. We especially enjoyed the veggies popcorn style. The fig appetizer was tasty. Also had sliders and street tacos. Add a bottle of wine and the bill was $60. For three people. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food and Tremendous ServiceHollyGoLightlyDined on 8/24/2014We had a brunch party of 5 ladies and it was an awesome experience! Amazing mimosas made with blood orange and gelato for only $4! We would order 1 dish split it and then choose another. We had 5 different dishes and all of them get 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service Great. But loudBobHDined on 8/23/2014Great food - the small plate concept is fun. Service was very attentive. Only complaint is the space is very loud. Some sound deadening would be in order.Special Features:
- Lunch ReportLunchladyDined on 8/22/2014We had a lovely lunch and will return. The food was original and we liked the portion sizes. It gave us an opportunity to try new things! Our service was friendly and helpful. Lunch-ladySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticKennyGDined on 8/18/2014Wonderful menu with plenty of reasonably priced choices. Staff and management are great and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great selectionsyumyumeatemupDined on 8/16/201424 Plates always has great, interesting menu mix. Lots of fun trying new selections.Special Features:
- Great placeWegoutDined on 8/16/2014Great addition to the Ft Worth dining scene! Inventive menu knowledgable staff with helpful suggestions. Comfortable and friendly surroundings, thoughtfully refurbished space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Weak DrinksJraganDined on 8/16/2014Food was great. The "popcorn" was fantastic as was the hummus. The drinks (we tried several off of the drink menu) left a lot to be desired. They were generally flavorless and had no spark or pizzazz.Special Features:
- Small PlatesLinMacDined on 8/16/2014The food was innovative; not quite a Tapas bar and offered larger plates as an option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Service!TheTatsDined on 8/15/2014This was our first time to this restaurant, and I can promise, we will never be back! Our server has NO personality! When we asked for recommendations, he recommended the G-Ma's popcorn. When it came out (before our drinks), it was so salty that we couldn't eat it. We mentioned it to our server, and his response was "Yeah, someone else complained about that tonight as well, and I tasted it, and it was too salty". He never offered to take it off of our tab (even though we couldn't eat it anymore, and HE recommended it to us! Our dinner then came out about 3 minutes after our appitzers, and he just crammed all of the food on the table. We were in and out of the restaurant in 40 minutes. Our dinner was just OK! I will NEVER be back!
- Great Evening!partridgefamDined on 8/14/2014We went for a special occasion. Food and service were excellent. Loved everything we had from the menu. There were four of us and we shared small plates. Ordered a couple at a time and enjoyed a nice, relaxing evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommend it highly!GermanFoodieDined on 8/11/2014Looked for spur-of-the-moment dinner establishment and was wonderfully surprised. Food was excellent and service was terrific. Very nice atmosphere as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Brunch SpotjendoDined on 8/10/2014The food was delicious, and the service was wonderful, but the cocktails really stole the show! All of the food was very thoughtfully prepared and presented, the staff was accommodating to special dietary requirements. Ambience was lovely for an upbeat Sunday brunch - I'm eager to return and sample the dinner menu.Special Features:
- Fun, quaint, delicious...LocalfoodloverDined on 8/7/2014Loved being there. The wait staff stepped up and went beyond. Excellent food! Good location! Ambiance was eclectic and artsy. But, hot. (Temperature was difficult to want to stay for that last drink or dessert). Need to upgrade the air conditioner. Will return but not until true fall or a special cool night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!BowhunterDined on 8/2/2014We tried about 12 different plates both small plates and large plates, all were wonderful. Will definitely make this a regular stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itjpshDined on 8/1/2014We went for my daughter's birthday and sat outside on the patio - great patio with live music and relaxed atmosphere. Hint: if you want to sit on the patio, call the restaurant to make your reservation as it fills up fast. The food was delicious and came out in a timely manner - we ordered a few appetizers and then some large plates - it was all very good, especially the tuna steak, "popcorn" and the chocolate cake they brought out for my daughter - they made her feel special on her special day and that meant a lot to me.Special Features: