220 E Merrill St
Birmingham, MI 48009Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.220restaurant.com/
- Phone: 248-646-2220x
- Hours of Operation:
Thursday -Saturday 8am-1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Scott Garthwaite
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Joanna Jimenez 2486462220x
A word from 220 Merrill
220 is a unique restaurant in Birmingham specializing in American cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
220 Merrill - Best Restaurants in Birmingham ›
220 Merrill reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (65)hot spot (53)great for outdoor dining (41)neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (34)special occasion (30)great for lunch (25)good for groups (21)notable wine list (20)romantic (12)late-night find (9)scenic view (7)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Awesome experienceMD01VIPDined on 10/22/2014Great food, even better service. The smiling Eduson cocktail is the perfect and it came out bubbling! We loved every minute after we walked in the door. Highly recommend!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Love the champagne and sweets bar up front! Great decor and ambiance! Food was good and servers were very knowledgeable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud no ambienceDebbieDined on 10/17/2014It feels like a train station in 220 now. I Could barely hear the person across from me. Food vs price value is just not there. A far way away from the quality and atmosphere one used to get at 220
- Great first experience!!!!fastglennVIPDined on 10/17/2014First visit after new owners and having read some bad press. Excellent all around experience from the valet park to after dinner drinks..everything was first rate!!! I will dine there aften......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Energetic and funenetanswersDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I came with our daughter and boyfriend. We recently moved here from California on a work transfer, and our daughter and boyfriend (30-ish) wanted to visit. We all loved the experience. We visited this restaurant prior to the remodel and new ownership, and loved it then too, but the update was indeed needed. The service was excellent and friendly. The food was great as well- highly recommend the burger. Cooked to perfection on a nice brioche bun. We split salads and they kindly served them onto individual plates. We were personally visited at our table by the manager. If you are looking for a quiet romantic place, go elsewhere. But we found the atmosphere energetic and lively. Just the right spot for a Friday celebration.Special Features:
- Great service!EpicuriousdinerDined on 10/15/2014I was iffy about trying 220 after hearing some not so great reviews. Really glad I did. Awesome service, great food, and the place looks amazing. I really liked how the manager came over to check how we were doing. Made us feel very welcome and important. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great waiter, DavidjodyeatsDined on 10/15/2014Would recommend for a business meeting or casual spot after work for drinks. Lively bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Similar name, new look, new menuKsbhamDined on 10/14/2014A hot spot in downtown Birmingham with beautiful new decor, a creative and well executed menu, and a lively bar. Service is greatly improved since opening week. We had a delightful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014The service was outstanding - very attentive. The ambiance is beautiful. A true transformation !I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMD01VIPDined on 10/13/2014Went there for dinner and the server told us they now have Happy Hour! Going back tomorrow to try out there new Happy Hour. Saw the menu and it's very inexpensive for the area! Can't wait to try it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a change!MattyFoodVIPDined on 10/10/2014I went to 220 about a month ago and swore I would never go back. A friend asked me and my to join them on Sarurday night at 220. Wow, am I glad we went! It seemed like a whole new restaurant that hd been open forever. Great food, great service. The General Manager introduced himself personally to our table. What a great night overall. We will definitely be going back next week! Job well doneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loudbradDined on 10/10/2014Very loud even at your table....food was ok not worth the money in my opinion. Very cool inside!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOUD12345Dined on 10/10/2014We were seated in the bar area but requested to be moved into the dining area in back because of the noise. Marginally better there. Our server was nice but the food was disappointing.
- Needs improvementChowhound1Dined on 10/10/2014After calling three (annoying) times to confirm our reservation for 5 people, they had a table for 2 for us in the bar. After much discussion, they finally gave us a round table in the dining room. The wine list was extremely over priced. One glass was $14 for a wine I could buy in the grocery for $12. Other tables had bread, we didn't. Our waiter said they ran out of plates (at 6:00?)....food was very mediocre...my salmon was half the size of my husband's....no consistency with portions which were on the small size to begin with. The noise level is off the charts which our waiter said they're trying to fix.
- Great food and great serviceBhamdinerDined on 10/9/2014My wife and I went there for dinner and it was great. Depending where you sit it was pretty loud overall. If you are sitting at a table in the bar area it is really difficult to hear and have a conversation. The service was great and Renee took great care of us. The fall menu just came out so for dinner my wife got the beet salad and I got the chopped salad and both were very good. My wife ordered the flat iron and it was tasty and cooked just right. I ordered the salmon w/butternut squash an it was delicious. For desert the sorbet sampler consisting of lemon, raspberry, and strawberry is light, and will clean your palate. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014Service was excellent; food really good. Decor is outstanding. Kind of loud in the front dining room and I'm not so old that I should be complaining about it. Other than that, really good restaurant.Special Features:
- doc1doc1VIPDined on 9/29/2014Finally, a new casually elegant fine dining experience in Birmingham. Ms. Ilych has made a good investment in a superb chef and staff. The decor is smart and inviting. The food is meticulously prepared and served. How nice to have a new first class dining option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food very good, service slowLHSHDined on 9/27/2014While the food, ambiance and location were all good the only complaint we had was the service. It was very slow (after 1 hour 15 min we only had drinks and bread) with both food and refilling water etc.I would recommend this to a friend.
- whatkatesaysDined on 9/27/2014This was first visit to the newly renovated 220 and while looks are great and the food was very good and friendly service too...................the noise level was UNBELIEVABLY BAD!!We went with just one other couple but it got so so loud I was missing half the conversation with my good friend sitting next to me - could not hear one across from me at all. Sadly could not recommend this place except to possibly try at lunch or outside weather permitting. VERY disappointed...............Special Features:
- The new look is wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/25/2014Having dined, through the years, many times at 220 Merrill Street, we were very pleased to experience the new atmosphere. It's is bright, light and airy with a nice variety of areas in which to be seated depending on the type of dining experience one wants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Failed revamp of 220JohnchrchmnDined on 9/20/2014220 used to be a classic Birmingham restaurant, the remodeling killed any credit this restaurant used to have. Visually, the remodel is beautiful, unfortunately 220 is nothing more than a fancy cafeteria now. It is so loud that it's difficult to hear the person next to you, there is absolutely nothing to absorb sound in the bar or dining area. With the remodel came a new menu with overpriced, subpar entrees. The chef tried to make the menu more eclectic but the flavors got lost in translation. The creamy tomato soup is like eating a jar of Ragu, the salmon & crab cake entrees both lacked flavor so much that it isn't worth finishing the dish. I used to be a big fan of this restaurant, after this failed revamp, I won't be returning.Special Features:
- 220 Merrill Re-VampedlindawDined on 9/20/2014Excellent food but quite expensive. Menu is varied and interesting. Everything A-la-cart, wine by the glass high priced. If you don't mind the pricing the food was great as well as the service and atmosphere.Special Features:
- jimmyc6VIPDined on 9/19/2014Way Way to loud. I'm not sure I've been in a restaurant that was so loud. We had a very difficult time keeping up conversation. We won't be back. By the way the food was good and the service was just passable.
- DinnerSamgroupDined on 9/15/2014While ambience was good and three of four meals were tasty, they were very sparse. The fourth meal added chicken to pasta. The chicken was so dry and tasteless it was almost unedible. Not worth the money. Server was not very attentive.
- Get it Right!susanjacobs894Dined on 9/13/2014Your staff need more training on how to please customer with first requests. Bar server needs help also. Drinks not mixed and returned for redo.Special Features:
- ChicoWillieDined on 9/13/2014The Food and Service were outstanding the wine seemed a bit over priced. The noise level was loud as the bar noise was heard in the dining area. Overall I would recommend the 220 and will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Relaxing LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Had a lunch there with 5 other persons and they all enjoyed the food, atmosphere and the service. Will be back again in the future for moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissappointedColleenDined on 9/12/2014I was disappointed in the food selection and the quality was just ok. Nothing outstanding for a restaurant that was completed refurbished. The dining room was nice however the bar decor was cold. I much preferred the previous look and feel of the bar. I wouldn't put this place on my list of favorites. Probably wouldn't visit again.Special Features:
- 2nd time better than the 1stLscarpaceDined on 9/11/2014This is my 2nd time at the "new" 220 Merrill. The 1st time was over opening weekend it was a disaster and I swore it would be a while before giving it a 2nd chance. This review is based on the 2nd visit. Friends in town wanted to give 220 a try so I agreed. The place was jammed that we needed to scream across the table as did our waiter. Our waiter was professional and knew the menu well. We started with some overpriced craft cocktails and went straight to ordering our main courses. The quality of the food and presentation still has quirks and my fish was overcooked and dry. The spicy pasta and braised short rib seemed seemed good choices. All in all the decorations are fantastic and the food is getting better so this is worth a try.Special Features:
- Huge parking problemsDealLadyDined on 9/9/2014I had planned to meet an important client for lunch at 220 Merrill. There was absolutely NO parking spots availalbe within walking distance, including the city parking desk attached to the building. Several other public parking lots and strcutures were also full. The was no valet parking at the restaurant. We ended up dining elsewhere. This situation was embarrassing for me and also caused the rest of my meetings for the afternoon to fall behind schedule. I will not be dining at this restaurant in the future.
- DisappointedTestKitchenVIPDined on 9/9/2014This is our third visit to the new 220 and probably our last. The menu is "safe" with nothing interesting. It does not have anything seasonal or take advantage of local products or farms. The food is very bland, once again everyone at the table came away with the same feeling "nothing special". Too bad what a waste of a great location.
- Great food and service!JMO27Dined on 9/8/2014Great new spot. Hip and modern ambience. Had 2 great meals. Started out with awesome calamari appetizer, really large portion. The bone in Rib Eye and Lobster pasta were great selections and worth the price. Service was spot on the whole time. Very nice craft cocktails, Michigan beer and wine selection. This will become a regular spot for a foodie like me. The menu has something for everyone no matter how picky. The actual owner stopped by our table to check in if everything was ok. We'll be going back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!luvgoodrestDined on 9/8/2014Great meal, great drinks, great service! The décor of the new 220 is amazing and fresh. I went with a group of girlfriends and we all had fantastic meal and drinks. Our waiter was excellent and very energetic. The braised short ribs were outstanding and the chicken dish is excellent. Definitely will be returning and suggesting this restaurant.Special Features:
- THE SceneOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014We went on a Saturday night. It was hopping, lots of local celebs. Food was very good, service exceptionally good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I want the old 220 backYoungFunFoodieDined on 9/6/2014Prior to the revamp this restaurant was one of my favorites, after my recent visit, not so much. The ambience is beautiful that much they got right. The service was horrible, the waitress forgot about out appetizers and brought them out after our meal, I had to ask multiple times for water and the mixed drinks could use some work. The food lacked flavor and was nothing special for the price. It was too loud and made it impossible to have a comfortable conversation. I will not be back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Service Needs to ImproveOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014The series of mistakes made by our waiter was almost comic. We tried to keep our cool, but for as many mistakes as were made, the restaurant should have offered to make it right, but they didn't! Manager and part owner came by, but both seemed like they were checking off the box, so we didn't even get a chance to let them know what was going on... Too bad, because we did like the new decor and the ambiance. The food was fine; but again not sure we'll go back given the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice StartCounselorDined on 9/6/2014Bright, open and loud..so if you are looking for intimacy you are no longer going to find it here..but it was vibrant, exciting, and bustling with activity..the food was excellent....the service exceptional...a bit pricey but everything has gone up these days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Dining Treatms13Dined on 9/6/2014Sat outdoors, had amazing service, and loveeed the larger wine pours! Spotted Jason Verlander and Kate Upton there too!Special Features:
- Needs improvement fastDinner123Dined on 9/5/2014The new design and the Food actually looked and tasted good but it was way too loud with nothing to knock down the echo and the wait staff had to yell out the specials and we did as well to talk across the table. The staff also needs training as they were overly aggressive in attempting to clear dishes and actually brought dessert menus while two of us were still finishing the main course. We went elsewhere for a final drink and dessert to get out of there. Won't go back.
- We can't wait to go back next week!Luv2eatVIPDined on 9/3/2014Our meal was wonderful our service was fantastic. It has become our favorite restaurant. My husband and I have been there a few times for dinner and it his fast become our favorite spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.