22 Broad Street
22 Broad St
Bethel, ME 04217Neighborhood:
Bethel (Sunday River)
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
22 Broad Street
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://22broadstreet.com/
- Phone: 2078243496
- Hours of Operation:
Nightly: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Randolph Z. Lego
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Dining rooms with pocket doors to close off your room for meetings, parties and celebrations.
- Private Party Contact: Amy Amann 2078243496
A word from 22 Broad Street
Italian Restaurant and Martini Bar. Real, home made cuisine using the freshest ingredients available. Screened in porch, outdoor dining in the warm months. Real wood burning fireplace in the winter. We host wedding rehearsal dinners, weddings and receptions as well. Romantic and cozy setting. Voted "Business of the Year 2013" from the Bethel Chamber of Commerce. Voted "Best Martini" 3 years in a row from Sunday River This Week survey. Featured in Down East Magazine twice, The Boston Globe and the Sun Journal. Children's menu available. Reservations strongly recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
22 Broad Street - Best Restaurants in Bethel (Sunday River) ›
22 Broad Street reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (20)special occasion (19)romantic (18)great for outdoor dining (17)notable wine list (13)fit for foodies (11)scenic view (6)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (2)good for groups (2)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Bethel FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Never had a bad meal. 22 Broad is a top 2 pick for me in the Bethel area. Chef is accommodating. One of the guests in our party asked if her scampi could be placed on a bed of pasta vs the traditional pasta...it was a nonissue. Another in our party has deep Italian roots and found all of their Italian inspired dishes to be authentic & excellent. Menu has something for every palate. Give it a try for a true dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/24/2014We purposely went on a Sunday night while we were on vacation. The dining room was very hot and we sat for 15 minutes before we were greeted by waiter. The expensive bottle of wine was delivered quickly but the appetizers took 1/2 hour. The Caprese Salad is bogus. We got chopped tomatoes and shredded mozzerela. The entrees were to compare to a chain Italian restaurant such as Bertucci's and Olive Garden. Too expensive for the quality of food and service.Special Features:
- Good food & location, a bit priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014A nice place.....the G.H. House is beautiful and a great spot for a anniversary or birthday dinner. The major positives were the food (everything seemed to be freshly made), the ambiance (sat on the porch on a nice summer evening), and the drinks (they make a great 'Hot & Dirty' martini). The negatives were the prices (in line with other restaurants in the Bethel area, but still rather steep for a simple plate of pasta), a one member of the wait staff (waiter was great, but one member of the staff (from the bar I believe) did not have an 'indoor voice' and was more than a bit distracting during dinner as she moved among the tables).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was very disappointingdineoutoftenDined on 8/23/2014We've eaten at 22 Broad Street many times and love the restaurant. The food is the best in the Bethel area and the ambiance is appealing. Unfortunately, Sheila the waitress did a very poor job. We're questing whether we can go back , fearing we nay get Sheila again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistent good Italian foodDeeDeeDined on 8/22/2014Little too much personal conversation among staff and locals at the barSpecial Features:
- dinerDined on 8/21/2014All our food - six meals - came out hot. That doesn't happen often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZeyadVIPDined on 8/21/2014except server who has loud voice, noticed by other guestsI would recommend this to a friend.
- 22 broad 04217soupy103Dined on 8/21/2014We went back based on previous experience. The food is good, and it's the best and only real restaurant in Bethel. We are neighbors from Bethel, and have meet the owner, John, who is a very good host.Special Features:
- Always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/201422 Broad is reliably good. Good food, well prepared, nice atmosphere and friendly wait staff. It is our favorite spot in Bethel and we always look forward to an evening there.Special Features:
- LoumacDined on 8/9/2014A pleasent evening with great food and wine on a summer eveningSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014We dined on the screened porch where there was ample space between tables and very attentive servers. On cooler evenings the interior tables are in a beautiful restored victorian home. The food was excellent. My husband had a very generous portion of chicken parmesan and I enjoyed the chicken marsala. The pasta was just OK, nothing special, therefore the 4 stars instead of 5. The arugula salad and the ceasar salad were outstanding! I would recommend arriving early and having a martini at the bar before dinner. This is a great place for a special evening out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MeganeaterDined on 8/4/2014My wife and I were in town on a Monday night on business. The calamari purgatorio was overcooked and chewy, the tomato sauce tasted too much like tomato paste for me(my wife was ok with it) and the risotto tasted as if it was made with a rice other than the typical "arborio" type and was not at all al dente. Maybe it was simply way overcooked. The desserts were good and the martinis were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 22 Broad StreetTntravelerDined on 7/31/2014This restaurant is located in bucolic Bethel, Maine. My wife and I went there for dinner twice. It is in an old restored house with a veranda. We ate both times on the veranda. The first night we ate highly recommended stapes on the menu. They were both excellent. The second I had the same dish I previously had and my wife ordered a scallops special. They were inedible with spices that buried the delicate taste of the scallops. The owner quickly replaced the dish with another. The chef was told to change the dish and I was told by our waitress that subsequent dishes came out much improved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!Trueblonde03Dined on 7/27/2014Lemontini was excellent! I was hoping for a piece of fish- but they don't have much for fish on the menu. In the past they have had nice fish specials. This time it was scallops, which I don't care for. So I tried the Chicken Marsala and it was very good. They offer a dinner salad for about $3.50 which I think is nice. The salad is good and although it is small, it is plenty before the meal. My husband had chicken parm and he enjoyed that as well. We had a very nice evening there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 22 Broad St Dining & DrinksTJWedDined on 7/22/2014What a great place. The bar, drinks and bartender ( Mike) were great. Our table on the porch was nice. The food was amazing! The service was great ( Host and Shanta). We will be returning customers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappointed!JulieDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I do frequent this place, but we actually decided to celebrate our Anniversary here. At first we thought because it was so familiar, we wouldn't feel the romance, but we were wrong! We requested a porch table and got it. The owners were very gracious and Mike the bartender is great! The food was exquisite and our 22 vodka, with hint of blueberry, martini was superb! We even had front row seats to music on the Bethel Common. We will be back soon as 22 Broad St. is our favorite find in this area. Thank you Amy and John!Special Features:
- An Annual Revisit!JomacDined on 7/5/2014Love this place. Food is excellent, but the tomato sauce is outstanding. Real "home cooked" flavor...so delicious! Our first experience wasj last year when on vacation in Bethel Maine. So good we were determined to return and were equally delighted. Would have liked a more extensive choice of wine and dessert...but will return whenever we are in the area!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday to meLaurenDined on 6/24/2014We went to celebrate my wife's birthday. Had dinner on the porch for the first time and it was very nice. The porch and house are beautifully done. Very elegant and the service and food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistencyFullandsassyDined on 6/7/2014Another enjoyable dining experience at 22 Broad St.. All aspects of the evening met expectations. Weather was perfect for the porch and it was great to reacquaint with all after their spring break.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentlovefoodDined on 6/7/2014Great dining spot directly across the street from Bethel Inn. Food was excellent! Would be sure to go back when in the area.Special Features:
- The following 51 reviews are from the 22 Broad Street reviews archive.
- supremely disappointingSammomVIPDined on 4/12/2014So many good reviews but not for us. The salad was good. Then both entrees were problematic-we had send back both and reorder: a ribeye that was this gristly, thin piece of meat (and one very undercooked). Inedible. After reordering different entrees those weren't right either: one undercooked (again!) and the second was not what we ordered ( a misunderstanding I guess--just gave up at that point in trying to make it right). Chocolate dessert was just ok. Coffee very good. The martinis are very good, too--they advertise as a martini bar, I think. The ambiance was lovely. I don't know that we will come back given the food issues, but we might give it another try. Maybe ordering something else would help. Or just come for drinks.
- I love ItaliansLaurenDined on 4/1/2014We go out for lunch more frequently than dinner, but when we want a great dinner out, or when we are entertaining guests, this is our first choice. My son, who recently moved "back east" , came to visit and we had a delicious dinner this week at 22 Broad. It was a pleasure to watch my son and his girlfriend enjoy and "pig out" on appetizers (clams, sorry, don't know the correct name the very thinly sliced beef dish) then the main meal. We all enjoyed the evening very much and they admired the building. Thank you, we'll be back soon.Special Features:
- Requested and were seatedpleaseddinerDined on 3/29/2014Requested and were seated at quiet table for 2. Very attentive service offered in a caring, but not insincere of over the top manner. Nice menu choices. Very good food including in house made pasta & bread. Owner came to our table to help with wine choice. Overall very nice experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place. Food wasFoodiegirlVIPDined on 3/28/2014Love this place. Food was excellent and they make a great cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysCinJeffDined on 3/28/201422 Broad is our favorite spot for fine dining. No special occasion is complete without a trip to 22 because we know for certain that the staff and owners will be warm & friendly and that the food will be excellent -- no matter what menu choice is made. Additionally we love the cozy unrushed pace where one can savor each course and linger over wine or aperitifs. We have been to 22 many times and have never been disappointed -- DEE-lish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food and nice atmosphereJoalDined on 3/14/2014Delicious Italian food in a very nice cozy atmosphere. The eggplant lasagna and the lobster fettuccine was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect SettingreladyDined on 3/14/2014We booked this restaurant based on Trip Advisor's reviews and were not disappointed. Chuck was our waiter and he struck just the right balance between being attentive, funny and excellent at what he does. The food was delicious, the atmosphere perfect after a day of skiing with a real fire in the fireplace in the room that we were seated in. The bar area got a little noisy and the staff simply closed the door between the bar and the dining room and order was magically restored. It will definitely be on our list of restaurants to visit again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian gem in a small ski townZeusVIPDined on 3/11/2014stuffed mushroom appetizer and beef braciole dinner. A winning combination. YummySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late night dinner for twoTedwDined on 3/8/2014Arrived at 8 on a Saturday, it was, as always, busy. Wine delivered was not what was ordered, but it was excellent anyway and they kept the price fair... Food was excellent, but service is slow. Left at close to 11.. We have been to 22 Broad many times and it is consistently good, but slow. Probably the best food and martinis in Bethel.. I am assuming the kitchen has a certain capacity and the chef does not compromise quality for speed. We will be back.... :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a favorite!AileenDined on 3/6/2014When we spend the week at Sunday River there are lots of restaurants to choose from. 22 Broad St is our favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Dining in BetheldartmouthdinerDined on 3/5/201422 Broad Street offered a quiet, adult experience in a cozy old home, complete with a crackling fire. We started with the Calamari Purgatorio - a definite step above the typical breaded and fried calamari. The Crispy Eggplant Lasagna was outstanding; it did indeed feature wonderfully thin slices of crispy eggplant. The lamb shank was very good, tender and falling off the bone, but exactly what one would expect. Dinner was complemented by wine from their nice selection. We were warmly welcomed by the hostess and well served by our waiter. Reservations are suggested. We were there on a Wednesday evening in March and they were completely booked. On our next visit we will definitely sample the martini's - nice bar and exciting menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dining experiencetlc946Dined on 3/3/2014I would absolutely return. It is one of the best in Sunday River.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising find in Bethel MaineMelanieDined on 3/1/2014Our first impression of 22 Broad Street was how pretty the restaurant is. The ambience is warm and lovely. Service was friendly and efficient. My daughter and I had the cod which was excellent. I would highly recommend 22 Broad StreetSpecial Features:
- Great Food and AtmospherePhillyVisitorDined on 3/1/2014We went to 22 Broad while on a ski weekend at Sunday River. Food was great, atmosphere excellent in historic house. Great place to get away from the mountain and enjoy a special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as great as what I had heardBodeDined on 2/28/2014The space is gorgeous and cozy. Salad & specialty cocktail were excellent. However, the Haddock Oreganato was a disappointment. It was over cooked & dry. My guest had the same and thought the same. I was visiting from CO, (there are not excellent fish dishes in CO) and was so looking forward to wonderful fish. Did not get it here, unfortunately.
- Bethel gemBobbyDined on 2/25/2014Great food , efficient service and beautiful surroundings make for a great dining experience .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, Romantic SpotAllisonDined on 2/15/2014My husband and I were in the Bethel area for vacation and I was looking for a romantic, upscale spot to celebrate a belated Valentines Day dinner. I found 22 Broad Street online and the reviews looked promising, as did the details on the website. It was great to be able to book through Open Table, as well. Considering we went there site unseen, we couldn't have been happier with our dining experience. The atmosphere was rustic, "old New England" charm, and we were fortunate to be seated right next to the fireplace. The food was amazing, as were the wine and cocktail list, and the prices were appropriate to the quality of the food. I would highly recommend 22 Broad Street to anyone looking for a unique dining experience in Bethel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very romantic, busy evening.yumyumDined on 2/14/2014Very romantic, busy evening. Food was perfect and not rushed. The staff was working very hard and kept everyone happy. The perfect place to relax with your date and enjoy the well decorated home. Will absolutely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We really enjoyed the experience.....only complaint would be a very flat pasta sauce . Really needs improving!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodDpsaiaDined on 2/12/2014We love 22 Broad. Great intimate bar and dining. Wonderful ambiance and nice and warm after a day on the slopes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.