211 Clover Lane Restaurant
211 Clover Lane
Louisville, KY 40207Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
211 Clover Lane Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.211cloverlane.com/
- Phone: 5028969570
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday Brunch: 10:30am – 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Troy Schuster
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: 211 Clover Lane offers semi-private space that can accommodate 15 to 20 guests.
A word from 211 Clover Lane Restaurant
211 Clover Lane is an intimate, hidden gem in the heart of St. Matthews. Using the finest ingredients from local purveyors & fish from both coasts. The menu changes weekly & the wine selections are all boutique. French country decor & beautifully presented dishes are found at 211 Clover Lane.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
211 Clover Lane Restaurant - Best Restaurants in St Matthews ›
211 Clover Lane Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (30)special occasion (29)romantic (21)great for lunch (20)notable wine list (18)great for brunch (11)good for groups (9)great for outdoor dining (8)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- A Great Meal!Card2inalDined on 10/17/2014Everyone in our group of four really enjoyed their meal! The salads were great and the entrees were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedDiningOutKidDined on 10/11/2014211 Clover Lane is such a steady wonderful place to dine. I have never had a bad meal or had bad service. The flavor of the dining is great and they have an outstanding wine list. Can be a bit noisy if you're sitting next to the wrong table. They do have a recessed area for a larger party that feels very private.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Always enjoy eating at 211 Clover Lane. The food, the service and the atmosphere are top notch.Special Features:
- blt5860Dined on 10/7/2014A very nice place to go without TVs in every corner. Had the salmon and it was prepared perfectly. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at 211 CloverChicagofavsVIPDined on 10/7/2014We recently joined friends for lunch at 211 Clover. We had not been there in several years. It will not be so long til the next time we visit. The atmosphere is very cozy. Our server was very professional. Although he was efficient and friendly, he was also unobtrusive and we enjoyed a leisurely lunch. The food was delicious. Well prepared. Very fresh ingredients. Will definitely return and soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still great with new chefFreshDined on 9/30/2014Clover Lane is one of our favs in Louisville. The stuffed squash blossoms, the veg. special, and the mussels were esp. good.Special Features:
- Great LunchScstaff2Dined on 9/27/2014I had lunch with a girlfriend on a Saturday afternoon. The food was excellent and there were several light, yet satisfying options. Price was great as we'll. The ambiance is definitely a girls' lunch, nice GNO, or a nice date with your SO. Probably not a "guys" choice for an everyday date but definitely great food and nice atmosphere. Fun to dress up a bit for lunch too!Special Features:
- Delicious LunchRKS612VIPDined on 9/16/2014Thoroughly enjoyed a birthday celebration lunch with eight women. All lunch entrees were delicious, especially the chicken curry, and the selection is great. Fresh ingredients, nice portions, fair prices. Fresh bread was served with olive oil. Desserts were a highlight, particularly the chocolate pot de crème and the apply tart... delicious. Service was attentive, and were able to enjoy a room just for our small group. Will be back for sure!Special Features:
- ExquisiteDON1TjustEatDined on 9/11/2014Food, service, atmosphere - it's all at 211 Clover Lane. Of course the company of my husband was a bonus. We are born and bred New Yorkers and it's thrilling to go to a restaurant and have an incredibly delicious, comfortably classy personal dining experience. Since moving to Louisville, this has become my favoriteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AleneDined on 9/5/2014Always good and moderately quiet which is important to me. Trout is the best. The shrimp is a little too spicy. Bring back the leek tart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Difficult to find. Off the beaten path. Food, service, and atmosphere very nice. Tables a little too close together. Once more guests arrived, the noise level became distracting and it made having a quiet conversation impossible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always HappyBummedVIPDined on 8/19/2014I love going to this local spot for lunch or dinner with girlfriends. I have never been disappointed with the food or atmosphere. I enjoy that it is quiet but really like the new bar area. I would highly recommend it for a great spot with friends or just the one you love.Special Features:
- Hidden GemmckroeffindyDined on 8/9/2014We ate at 211 Clover Lane on 8/9/14. Both the black grouper and the trout were very good. Everything was well prepared and the service was excellent. Our entrees took longer than expected and we were offered a free dessert. Nice wine list with reasonable prices. It is a bit difficult to find but worth the search.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, need better signageMoedocDined on 7/9/2014Great food at a great price. The signage leaves a lot to be desired, and they need to work with their property management to improve this. Now that I know where it is, I will return.Special Features:
- The Very BestBadsVIPDined on 7/2/2014Very varied menu and changes frequently. Troy is the best chef in Louisville... Very creative, wonderful use of fresh herbs, fresh fish. Friendly staff and extremely knowledgeable of the menu.... Katie is the best !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerKYdiner71VIPDined on 7/1/2014Our first visit to 211 Clover. Happened to be our anniversary. We will definetley be back. Every thing was great, from the service to the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2014We celebrated a birthday and we had a lovely evening. Jessie was our server and did an outstanding job. She remembered our name and our wine preferences from previous dining experiences there. I chose the pasta dish and was disappointed that it was heavier than I had expected. Everyone else was very pleased with their choices - the cod was fabulous especially. We will definitely come back.Special Features:
- The following 253 reviews are from the 211 Clover Lane Restaurant reviews archive.
- great brunchsassyVIPDined on 6/15/2014we had a wonderful brunch but our server did not seem to be happy to be there - or to be waiting on us! Otherwise it was all great! I do recommend goingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint Restaurantluv2eatDined on 6/6/2014Fried green tomatoes were some of the best I've ever had. Filet was very good but was topped with a cold pat herbed butter. Gratin potatoes were wonderful. Berry cobbler and crepe brûlée were both average. Service was excellent. Suggest reviewing menu before going. Overall, a good experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2014Really enjoyed the meal, the food was fantastic. I would recommend this restaurant to people looking for a great meal.Special Features:
- Bravo!BobbyDined on 5/11/2014Bravo to 211 Clover Lane, one of the shining stars in the constellation of Louisville restaurants. A real gem. Keep up the good work.Special Features:
- Great experienceThomasDined on 5/10/2014We ate here for Saturday night celebration of Mother's Day with a party of six. The food was super and the restaurant charming. This is a hidden gem in Louisville. Hard to find, but a stroke of genius to name the restaurant the same as the address. In the world of google, nothing is too hard to dinf.Special Features:
- Favorite restaurant in Louisville4specialtimesDined on 5/9/2014The food , service and new bar area are classy as well as outstanding in every way . The staff is very friendly and make you feel special. A great place for dinner and to celebrate special occasions . It is our favorite restaurant in Louisville , and Louisville has a lot of good restaurants. Great job , Andrew and Katie. Tom and Jeanne MurrellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First-rateFishyfishloverDined on 5/9/2014Wonderful atmosphere, excellent food, top-class service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday brunchSplorndleDined on 5/4/2014Day after Derby and the food was wonderful. Several private areas. Our party of 10 had a wonderful time. Thanks for everything.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/30/2014Love love love the restaurant. I didn't particularly like the menu item I chose. It was too heavy for my taste but everything else was great. I ordered the chicken salad.Special Features:
- Delightful Derby Tuesday BreakTakemebacktoItalyDined on 4/29/2014211 Clover fit the bill perfectly for a delightful break from all the hoopla and often hectic atmosphere of Derby festival time, providing an elegant, relaxing and peaceful atmosphere for a Tuesday dinner with a friend. The food was outstanding and service appropriately attentive yet not intrusive. It is nice to enjoy a lovely white-tablecloth restaurant in St.Matthews that hasn't succumbed to turning itself into a semi-sports-bar!Special Features:
- food fit for every occasionEllenVIPDined on 4/25/2014Every time I dine at 211 Clover Lane, I realize this is 1 of the best kept secrets in Louisville. I pretend I am in northern California or Napa while there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely luncheon spotCathyDined on 4/25/2014Our group of four had a delightful experience celebrating birthdays over lunch at Clover Lane. The luncheon fare was delicious and our server was excellent. Indoors the setting is charming and they have one of the loveliest outdoor dining areas in town.Special Features:
- Consistently GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/20/2014It is wonderful to know that the food and the service are always great. The seasonal offerings are interesting and delicious. Thanks to the outstanding kitchen and service staff and to Andrew Smith for being there and paying attention. Eleanor and Bob MaddoxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/13/2014We have lunch or brunch here whenever we are in Louisville - always superb!Special Features:
- Always EnjoyableRickDined on 4/5/2014We go to 211 quite often. On Saturday night, we took the extended family there to celebrate my wife's birthday. The 6 of us thoroughly enjoyed the whole evening, from drinks in the quaint bar (Emily is aces there) to a private dinner room. Outstanding service and food. Cannot fault anything with 211 Clover. Thanks chef and Andrew.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice experience.............OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/29/2014..............food here is always good. Service always seems a little slow butSpecial Features:
- ~the perfect place for a long lunchEllenVIPDined on 3/26/2014Everything was perfect about our lunch which was very long! Keep up the wonderful service, cuisine & ambience in St. Matthews! Ellen VenhoffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/19/2014Food was excellent as always . It was a little noisy this time, which is unusual.Special Features:
- 5 StarsBobbyDined on 3/15/2014211 Clover Lane continues to shine in the Louisville restaurant scene. A 5 star experience by any standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- powerful and cozylivcloseDined on 3/15/2014Had enough for the vegetarians among us. Pleasant staff and quality food, prepared to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewlouisDined on 3/11/2014By far the best filet mignon I've had since leaving NY. This is my second visit and It was as great a dining experience as my first visit. One of Louisville's best. I am proud to recommend you to my friends and associates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant lunchdineout1Dined on 3/11/2014211 Clover Lane Restaurant is a classy, cheerful, elegant restaurant. The food is wonderful with creative spins on their menu. Service is friendly, attentive and efficient. The bar area is beautiful. This is an upscale restaurant with a reasonable price point. Great for everything from romantic setting to party atmosphere. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely the BestPBLAVIPDined on 3/4/2014The food, wine list and service are always outstanding. This is Louisville's best restaurant. The owner, the staff and incredible chef just cannot be beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.