2100 West Oceanfront
Newport Beach, CA 92663Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.21oceanfront.com/
- Phone: 9496732100
- Hours of Operation:
Bar and Lounge open at 4pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Miroslav Rusev
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: 21 Oceanfront is the perfect venue for your next group Newport Beach event or Newport Beach banquet. Our event professionals will plan and coordinate your next family celebration, corporate event or business meeting in one of our formal dining rooms.
- Private Party Contact: Nicole Hay 8667902091
- Entertainment: Live entertainment in our Oceanfront Lounge
- Special Events: Please log on to our website for information and menu's for all Wine Dinners, Promotions and Special Events
- Cross Street: Newport Beach Pier
- Public Transit: We offer Complimentary Roundtrip Transportation for groups of 8 or more within a 20 mile radius (based on availability). We have Custom Mercedes Sprinters and Corporate Vans.
Comfortable, clean white vehicles, staffed with professional drivers. This service is complimentary, driver gratuity is appreciated.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet or Self parking Available
A word from 21 Oceanfront
21 Oceanfront, located across from the Newport Beach Pier, just steps from the sand, offers the ultimate dining experience. Extraordinary sunset views, opulent decor, and an extensive Wine List. 21 Oceanfront is the perfect location for cozy gatherings or receptions up to 200 people. Live Entertainment in the Oceanfront Lounge. Happy Hour Monday thru Thursday, 4pm to 6pm. Complimentary Transportation for parties of 8 or more in one of our Custom Mercedes Sprinters (based on availability).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
21 Oceanfront - Best Restaurants in Newport Beach ›
21 Oceanfront reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (74)special occasion (64)romantic (58)notable wine list (27)neighborhood gem (23)fit for foodies (21)vibrant bar scene (15)good for groups (7)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Good Location and Wonderful ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Reserved through Open Table and asked for a table with an ocean view. We enjoyed our table with the view, in addition to the beautiful sunset experience. Staff were very friendly and warm. Fish and Lobster was good. Steak was OK. Service was fair and I say that because the food came out too slow and too much waiting time in between the starter and entree. Not sure if that was a standard in the restaurant or a kitchen issue. Nevertheless, it was still a good experience.Special Features:
- eatingoutDined on 8/25/2014Ate in bar booth & had a beautiful ocean view. Monday night...had to wait way too long for service. Halibut special was dry & overdone. Steak order was excellent, as were the crab legs. I'd go back, but hoping for a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LauraladonDined on 8/25/2014I really enjoyed dessert. Their Grand Marnier Souffle was delicious. My husband's meal was to die for. (Steak) My food was overly salted. My husband tasted it and agreed that all you could taste was salt.(Chicken Piccata),Special Features:
- 555LoverDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I went to celebrate our anniversary. The look of the place gave us high hopes that our experience would be great. unfortunately that was not the case. My wife had order the scallops and it was a ten. Cook to perfecton with a pepper coulis, it was the highlight of our meal. I on the other hand had ordered the Rib Eye along with a lobster tail. They advertise Prime Meats however the steak I received was Choice at best. Tough, overcooked (even though I requested medium) and the lobster was terribly over cooked. I had our server return it to the kitchen and opted for the Wedge salad and a bowl of the lobster bisque. Salad was fine but the bisque was way too strong and dark. Either burned stock or burned rue, absolutely unedible.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014The food was good and the scenic view was great. It was a little hot where we seated. It was better if we were given a better table with full view of the ocean which I requested. There were still many open tables with better scenic spot. We requested the front lady but she said our area will have ab teer view which we did not. I appreciate though the fre birthday cake. And the souffle was really good.Special Features:
- Fabulous sunset viewSocalfoodieDined on 8/20/2014View and location is great Food is very good. Service is poor. Expensive!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014I made a reservation at this restaurant via OpenTable 2 weeks in advance. I called the restaurant a couple of days prior to the reservation to confirm and everything was ok. 2hrs before my reservation the restaurant calls me and says that the table is no longer available and i would have to wait until 930PM to be seated. This was a dinner after my surprise proposal to my girlfriend (now fiancee) and we had this special date booked for awhile. After some much needed discussion with the manager, they finally accomodated us in the bar with two tables put together. Not ideal for a special night but this had to do since we had other plans after dinner. Will not come back to this location again based on this experience.
- Beautiful ViewsMkyDDined on 8/13/2014Great place for a romantic sunset dinner or small group of friends. Live music, great bar and cool wrap around cozy booths! And the food is great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014The service was by far the best I have experienced in a long time. Nothing was left wanting. Staff was friendly, always attentive and exceptionally professional. Food was wonderful and the view was perfect.Special Features:
- A GemTibiVIPDined on 8/9/2014I have been passing by this restaurant for years, usually while at the beach for the day, or biking the path. It is a beautiful historical building. We finally had a chance to try it with Family on my husband's birthday. It was wonderful. The food was perfect; seafood, pasta, and steak done to perfection. And the service was impeccable yet down to earth. We will be back again to enjoy the gorgeous setting and view. It is a special experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprise!rianDined on 8/4/2014We expected 21 Oceanfront to be stuffy and formal. It is not. It's charming and yet venerable. It was our anniversary and we wanted lobster. We cancelled two other reservations in favor of this one and we are so glad we did. Monday through Thursday the lobster dinner (3 courses) is only $49. Unbelievable! And it was delicious. The chef even stopped by our table. We said we'd definitely go there again, anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service and vie was greatDJWB3Dined on 8/3/2014The food, server, service, drinks were excellent. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quality 40% and overpriceddallasDined on 8/1/2014Expensive for the quality of the fish and very overpriced! we will not go back! Crab cake (no crab to be found but lots of fish) Sword fish (portion ok but less than good quality) Sea bass cooked too greasy on a "lentils" base (different but not great)
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014I planned this evening to enjoy the company of an old friend and enjoy a wonderful evening of good food, good service and a fine dining in a beautiful setting. Our table was ready when we arrived and from then on it was chaotic service from the waiter who almost appeared frantic. We were not interested in the evening choices, but then felt rushed as we looked at the menu. The entire experience at 21 Ocean was one I would not repeat on a Saturday night. Perhaps it would be best, if i cared to, return on a week night or a lunch one day. It is certainly a beautiful restaurant with an excellent view and I wish my experience had been more favorable to my returning.Special Features:
- Great dinning experienceDinningatSunsetDined on 7/21/2014All of the above: Outstanding, food, service, ambience, and noise level was low, I could enjoy a conversation while watching the Sunset!Special Features:
- RickVIPDined on 7/20/2014We were disappointed, they sat us at a small table by the window which was ok. When the sun set the sun was in my wife’s eyes while she was trying to eat her entrée. We finished quickly and left. We had dessert and coffee elsewhere.
- Great view, wonderful food, parkingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014Parking was bad. It took us 15 min. trying to get to the valet, because of traffic n 21st street. Valet was slow in getting our car.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- baselineDined on 7/12/2014Old world steakhouse with lots of wood and leather. Incredibly attentive staff and great food. Only complaint was the parking. It took 20 minutes to get from the entrance of the parking lot to the parking valet. Not their fault. Just very crowded at the beach early on a summer's eve.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014I found this restaurant to be one of the best in Newport Beach. It is better than Splashes. The food, service and atmosphere are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ocean viewdavewDined on 7/6/2014very nice and comfortable restaurant with great atmosphere as a white table cloth dining experience. great view friendly service and food was good but high priced. Goes with the location but Balboa only has a couple of very nice restaurants to pick from. Upscale and romantic with great views. Valet parking is a must and weekend beach traffic can create a crawl to get to it. Really nice cocktail bar with nice acoustic live entertainment. We enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- Brillilantly brilliantJLVeniceDined on 6/30/2014From the hostess to the bar for sunset and great server, a perfect dining experience. Very nice, very much a neighborhood home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Meal!JashkiDined on 6/29/2014Steve was a great server and Kerry was the nicest hostess we have ever met. It was a great evening! We intend to go back whenever we get into town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valet Ease in Popular SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014Loved not having to search for a parking spot! Started the evening off right! Cozy booths overlooking to ocean is quite wonderful. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Not sure what happen?OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/28/2014We were early to our reservation @ 5pm, we headed over to the bar for some drinks. When it was time to take our seats they seated us in the back near the bar. When placing my reservation i had noted I wanted a table by the window and that morning prior to going I confirmed that my table was near a window. I asked to why we were not seated my the window as I requested. The girl went to find out and she came back to say because i didnt have a collar on. I wasn't dressed as a slob. I have a white t-shirt w/a black sweater vest and nice black pants. On their website it does not say anywhere a collar is needed. That was one issue, service was excellent Our Waiter Zach was awesome. Food was terrible no flavor. I will not be coming backSpecial Features:
- Birthday dinnerBeso1Dined on 6/26/2014Great dinner& service! Food was wonderful! We loved it !!! Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Truly enjoyed the experience. Nice and quiet and a great view of the ocean & pier. Food was excellent and about what I would have expected to pay for the experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014We celebrated a 65th birthday. The food, staff and ambiance were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best birthday everMashedpotatoDined on 6/23/2014Spent a while looking for a romantic restaurant for my girlfriend's birtbday. I ended up taking her here and she absolutely loved it. The food was great the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerBoxerDined on 6/22/2014The food was great but small portions.... Was smaller than I would like and seating was tight service was a lil slow but very friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection by the BeachNena2828Dined on 6/21/2014I decided to celebrate our 28th Wedding Anniversary at 21 Oceanfront after reading the great reviews on Opentable. The restaurant is literally walking distance to the beach. We were seated in a cozy section with an awesome view to the ocean. Our waitress was extremely nice. The wine, mussels, oysters, Sea Bass, Crab legs, and dessert was spectacular. We are definitely returning to this restaurant that offers not only delicious meal selection, but great service. Thank you Oceanfront for making my anniversary extra special.Special Features:
- Great restaurant with nice view!BobbieDined on 6/9/2014Great steak and seafood with an ocean view. How can you go wrong?Special Features:
- Yum Yum Yumtravel2dineDined on 6/7/2014Awesome! Tuna appetizer was melt in your mouth perfect. Most tender ribeye steak Ive had in a long time. The only thing I can say is Awesome!Special Features:
- Did Not Meet ExpectationsEatoutalotDined on 6/7/201421 Oceanfront came highly recommended so my wife and I went there for our wedding anniversary dinner. All of the staff we encountered were excellent. The food, however, did not match this excellence. I usually don't order fish at restaurants because they don't cook it well. But the Halibut special sounded great and I am trying to eat more healthily so I ordered it. The fish was tough and dry, totally over cooked throughout. My wife's pasta dish was ordinary and the pasta also was overlooked and mushy. The dessert wasn't much better. The chocolate soufflé was too fudge-like at its core and tasted like store bought cake mix. This could have been a bad day, it happens. But while we rate the staff A+, we give the food a C-.
- What a lovely eveninghappydinerVIPDined on 6/7/2014Thank you for perfection. The food, service, ambience were all impeccable. It was a special occasion and each member of the staff treated it that way for us. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMOCHAJANADined on 6/4/2014This restaurant has been around for years and still maintains its quality. The food, from the appetizers to the dessert, was excellent. Our party of 6 stayed well away from the loud bar area and we enjoyed pleasant conversation without having to raise our voices. The view is spectacular, especially at sunset. Definitely a repeat for special occasions.Special Features:
- Perfect Dinner!Artie12VIPDined on 5/30/2014We were running over an hour late after driving from San Diego and the staff could not be more accommodating. Outstanding staff and service. The lobster bisque and sea scallops could not have been prepared any better. My date had the halibut and raved about it. Homemade desserts are a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLasVegasTexanDined on 5/24/2014This was second time dining at 21 Oceanfront - it was as excellent as I remembered. The service was phenomenal; our dinners were beautifully plated and incredible. 21 Oceanfront will definitely stay on my list of restaurants when visiting the Newport Beach area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spenceDined on 5/24/2014Excellent dining experience. Everyone very courteous and food service was perfect. Good selection of wines. Good music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!JohnG56Dined on 5/22/2014This restaurant was great. Great food and view. I don't live near here but if I did, I would return often.Special Features:
- beautiful view & great foodBobFromOhioVIPDined on 5/21/2014We ended our trip to Newport Beach with a very nice dinner at 21 Oceanfront. Located close to the pier, this is a beautiful restaurant with club-style wood/leather decor and a great view of the ocean. As we perused the menu, we were offered a small hummus appetizer with carrots and celery. For our meal, we chose the day's special -- halibut with a pistachio crust -- and we were very happy. Our server Monika was very attentive, and when we asked for a wine recommendation, she recommended a Martin Ray chardonnay from the Russian River area that complemented our halibut perfectly. Definitely worth a visit for a special dinner!Special Features: