21 Main at North Beach
719 N. Beach Blvd
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582Neighborhood:
North Myrtle Beach
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
21 Main at North Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.21mainatnorthbeach.com/
- Phone: 8433153000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: 48th Avenue South
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Parking is available via complimentary Valet service, or self parking on either side of 21 Main at North Beach, located at 719 North Beach Blvd., North Myrtle Beach, SC. We are located at 719 North Beach Blvd., North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582.
This address is not always listed on GPS, therefore our Lat 33.795 Lon 78.741
A word from 21 Main at North Beach
For over twenty-five years, Lovin' Oven Celebrations, Long Island's & Manhattan's premiere caterer, has built their reputation on superb cuisine, elegant locations and refined staff. Their newest venture, the elegant 21 Main Steakhouse, encompasses all these things. Set in the Plantation House at North Beach Plantation in North Myrtle Beach. Gerard Scollan and his brother Matthew have captured the glamor and service of an era gone by - with a modern twist. Gerard Scollan and Matthew Scollan have been in the Catering/Special events business for over twenty-five years and are the owners of Lovin' Oven Celebrations. Lovin' Oven is the food & beverage service provider at North Beach Plantation's elegant locations, including the Seaside Café, BLU, Poolside and the Events at North Beach. For those who have experienced the quality and elegance of a Lovin' Oven event, and for those who have not yet had the pleasure, 21 Main at North Beach will be a dining experience you will not soon forge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
21 Main at North Beach - Best Restaurants in North Myrtle Beach ›
21 Main at North Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (80)romantic (56)fit for foodies (55)notable wine list (47)good for groups (37)neighborhood gem (31)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (13)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (8)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- LOVE!FoodieQueenMKHDined on 9/14/2014I do not even know where to begin. This restaurant knows how to deliver an amazing meal, romantic ambiance and superb service! My husband and I were in MB for the week celebrating our first wedding anniversary and picked this spot after hearing good things about it. Our host was a very nice gentleman named Tarvon (sp?) and congratulated us on our anniversary. SI started off with some red wine and oysters on the half shell and my husband ordered calamari friti. For our entree I had the Scallops 21 with the amazing mushroom risotto and my husband had the 20 oz Delmonico (Boneless Ribeye) with a baked potato with all the fixings! For dessert we shared a Tiramasu which they topped with a candle to celebrate our anniversary. Dinner was DIVINE!Special Features:
- Happy Birthday to Me!CjaninebDined on 9/11/2014I had an excellent time celebrating my birthday at 21 Main. The food was delicious and the service was excellent! My waiter made me feel extremely welcome. Next time I'm in North Myrtle Beach, I will dine there again. My hats off!Special Features:
- good but not intuitiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014food was good ,atmosphere was good ...however they did not acknowledge the fact that it was my parents 25th wedding anniversary. that was a little disappointing for the upscaleness of the restaurant... other places a lot less classy offer things like a free dessert rose petals on the table or bottle of champagne.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- onthetrailOnTheTrailDined on 9/11/2014Good food, friendly waiter and overall good food but excessive balsamic dressing on salad, and large room made for an overall "loud" environment. Very good but not a 5 star.
- Wonderful food and Service!charlestongirlDined on 9/11/2014This was our second visit and loved it. both times. The service is some of the best we have ever had. Matt was very attentive and helpful. We love Russian River wines from California and were able to find one on the list. The food was both beautiful and delicious. We had the diver scallops as an appetizer. (We have never had better.) We had the French onion soup (yummy) and the award winning lobster bisque. (a little sweeter than we expected, but very good. For the entree we ordered the 40 oz prime tomahawk cut ribeye. The entire restaurant looks when it comes out. It is amazing to look at and masterfully cooked. We ordered two sides: creamed spinach and macaroni and cheese. (both delightful). We feed 3 people .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!SouthJerseyFoodieDined on 9/11/2014We visited Myrtle on vacation and were looking for an upscale date spot. 21 Main offered excellent service and some unique menu items (definitely try the brie appetizer!). The service was great, maybe a little too attentive, but I chalk that up to having been one of only three groups dining at the time. The seasoning on the steak was wonderful and the sides were very good, too. My only complaint would be the ambiance. We were hoping for someplace a little more unique and intimate, but the food was worth the money!Special Features:
- upscale steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/10/2014Looking for a good steakhouse in north myrtle beach we weren't disappointed. Carpaccio was excellent, as was the pork chop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!LivingthedreamDined on 9/8/2014The food, the place, the wine - everything was perfect. Our waiter Patrick was spot-on and really made me feel special for my Birthday. I had the shrimp and grits and my friend had the scallops with fried spinach. Everything was very good and our staff could not have been more gracious. I will go back again and again - what a great evening!Special Features:
- Wonderful!JeffPDined on 9/8/2014Our first visit after researching on Open Table. What a wonderful dining experience! The décor and ambiance, the food, and the service were all top rate. We dined on a Monday night so there were not a lot of other customers but enough so that we didn't feel alone there. Our server Bo was very personable and knowledgeable and his recommendations were spot on. Their wine list is very comprehensive.Special Features:
- Great findYummyTummyDined on 9/7/2014We enjoyed the food. Excellent dining choice during our stay in Myrtle Beach. Server was awesome. thanks Bo for your suggestions from the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChefDined on 9/6/2014We came with our 1-year old and everyone was friendly. Nevertheless the ambiance was rather chic than for families with noisy children. The food was really delicious, but it also is expensive. The serving sizes are really big. We would come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 21 Main at North BeachDiningDeansDined on 9/5/2014We went to 21 Main at North Beach for our wedding anniversary. The food, wine, atmosphere, and service were wonderful. The only glitch we had, and it was not 21 Main's fault, was that they didn't have our reservation from OpenTable - even though I had the email confirmation from OpenTable. The staff was very accommodating and found us a nice romantic spot. Tarver was our waiter and very efficient and friendly without being intrusive. A wonderful dinner experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dinnerhoosiergirlDined on 9/4/2014Our dinner at 21 Main was fantastic. The scallops were superb and the service was equally as good. Steak and lobster special was a big hit with my husband.Special Features:
- FoodsnobsDined on 9/4/2014Wow. My husband and I visited 21 Main this year on our beach vacation and it was some of the best food we have ever eaten. We have been to some of the top restaurants in the US and this ranked right up there!! Great food, excellent service and great environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner ReviewBirdineDined on 9/4/2014Our party of four was seated promptly. The atmosphere was sophisticated and cosmopolitan. Our waiter was affable, made suggestions and courteous. Bisque soup was delicious although barely warm. Entree portions were ample. Two of our party commented that some of their food (sushi and sides) were very salty. Waiter continued to be attentive throughout. Prices were on the high side for what we ordered. Had a $50 coupon but bill was still $200 including tip. Overall, a nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MB fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/3/2014Dined after the summer season and found the restaurant well attended but not crowded. Service was excellent as well as the food (steak and sea food). A trip to the bar for an after diner drink was enjoyable. This was a repeat visit and we will return again.
- Nice supper at 21 MainJoeyDined on 9/1/2014We had a nice supper and a nice evening. The service was excellent. We will certainly go back next time we're in Myrtle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Presentation was 5 Star as was the food preparation and taste. Menu is a little pricey but the quality and taste justified the cost. Only draw back was the time it took to receive the appetizers. Seems as though we waited for 45 mins. after being seated. Once they started serving, all orders were sent to the table in a timely fashion. Still would recommend to friends and go back when we return to the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food POOR serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014We booked ahead of time and we sat down at 7:00 pm. We placed our drink order and our food at around 7:10. Our starter arrived at 7:45 along with our main course. I believe the server forgot about the starter and when I asked about it she said the kitchen was slammed. Why not tell your guests upfront that the kitchen was busy. This is not an inexpensive restaurant and one would expect a better level of service. The food was very good, but a pity about the very poor service. May consider going back. Don't lie to your guests, just admit your mistake.Special Features:
- EricVIPDined on 8/30/2014We had the Scallops 21, Pork Loin and creamed corn and it was simply outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food...poor serviceMikenLorDined on 8/30/2014Amazing food but service left much to be desired...simple things like my water glass being empty for more than 15 minutes and waitress never asked if I would like another glass of wine (two empty glasses) When we were seated, we had one waitress introduce herself and then 10 minutes later another one came to the table and said she would be our server for the evening. Seemed very disorganized. The table next to us had to literally get up to find someone to get additional beverages and had to track someone down when the wrong sushi was served. All four were turning around trying to flag someone down to help. The food was amazing...just so disappointed with service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeTunesDined on 8/30/2014Restaurant ambiance and food is excellent, we visit 21 Main every time we are in NMB, however we had an issue with wine by the glass which in my opinion is not characteristic of a premium restaurant
- First Time here was greatdrnappyDined on 8/30/2014Its been hard to find good food in Myrtle Beach, a lot of chain restaurants and buffets that claim to have great food. After doing an OpenTable search and reading a few mixed reviews we decided to try 21 Main. We were pleasantly surprised to have an elegant meal and very well prepared food from appetizers straight through to dessert. Clams Casino and Crab Cake were both excellent. Strip and Lamb rack were perfectly cooked to order. Bacon Maple Ice Cream with Cherry Crumble was also amazing. Our server Trenton was also very friendly and attentive! Great Experience and worth the extra cost to have decent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hype didn't measure upsrvcsnobDined on 8/30/2014When I made the reservation I specifically ask fir a quiet table and noted it was my first time dining. So, when I arrive you seat me in the middle of the restaurant between large parties and ask me if I have dined with you before. Clearly you don't pay attention to the details. Probably won't be back with all the choices in the area.
- Great serviceWendyDined on 8/29/2014Wonderful service . Fresh fish ; the special was sea bass and delicious and the sides were superb and beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our only concernOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/27/2014My wife and I entered through the beautiful front doors of this restaurant, expecting an enthusiastic and warm greeting by the host or hostess. Instead we stood behind another couple for a full few minutes before anyone at the front desk even acknowledged us even being there. We almost left. Finally we were acknowledged and taken into the dining area where the remainder of the evening was very nice. We were just surprised that a restaurant of this caliber did such a poor job in welcoming its customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodgenesDined on 8/24/2014food was very good would go back for the food for sure waiters need to be trained very stiff,not sure of specials wanted order before he even asked if we wanted drinks.that aside rest of dinner was very goodSpecial Features:
- EricVIPDined on 8/23/2014Always a great dining experience and they treat you like family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved it.ElhumidorDined on 8/22/2014Our steaks were excellent. The sushi was amazing. Extensive wine list and beer offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love 21 MainOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014This is our second time coming to Myrtle Beach and we make it a point to 21 Main. The atmosphere, the food, the decor is all fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- see you next againgenesDined on 8/19/2014great place 1st time there be there next week again with more friends for world am weekSpecial Features:
- PricelessCoastalShoresRealtyDined on 8/18/2014What can I say. We brought clients to 21 Main at North Beach, who happen to be celebrating their anniversary. It was a perfect evening. It may be the deciding factor for these New Yorkers to consider buying here in the North Myrtle Beach area. It was the best meal we have had ever in the Grand Strand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone but not forgotten !PamelaVIPDined on 8/16/2014We have been vacationing in the MB area for many years and enjoy trying the areas's growing upscale restaurants of which 21 Main has become a favorite. We have dined with them many times and commend their staff on a great job. Our recent visit was not a disappointment EXCEPT to find the potato croquets were removed from the menu! They were a special treat and I always anticipated them each of out previous visits except at Easter when they were "not available" and now off the menu. I hope they will reconsider it for the future again as their sides are now just like everyone else's. Otherwise we had a great meal and will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak menu, good; sushi menu bad...CLTReviewerVIPDined on 8/13/2014Second time at 21 Main; had dinner here last week. Unlike the first review where I gave it very good marks; this time was board line terrible. Mainly since I ate only off the sushi menu. My first dinning experience here, I had a filet with sides and the crab cake app. This go around, ordered only sushi and had the lump crab meat salad. Long story short, the sushi was very bad, first the sushi rice had too much rice vinegar, some pieces seem old and not fresh, wrong fish was given and very slow to get. BUT the biggest issue was they left the blood line in the fish! Big NO NO!!! I guess either sushi chef did not know or they were trying to get a larger yield of the fish. Plus server didn't know which fish was which, needs training!Special Features:
- Absolutely amazing!!LulubergDined on 8/12/2014Our experience there was amazing. I went with 5 other people, 2 of them small children. Everyone loved it. The food was delicious and the kids loves the food too. The drinks and wine were fantastic. If you like white wine, our waiter recommended the whip. Delicious! Had a wonderful time. We will definetly be visiting again on our next vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but...21summerfansDined on 8/11/2014we come here each summer and this time the steak was outstanding but the seafood lacked major attention. The shrimp was overcooked and we paid $4 for each shrimp, so we were expecting remarkable quality. The fries that came as a side dish were dry and wrinkly. The presentation was remarkable as usual and the service is always impecable, but not every time can we be blown away by perfect food. We will always be back and try something new.Special Features:
- Great FindtheshopperDined on 8/10/2014Finally got to try 21 Main at North Beach, and it was all that we expected and more. The restaurant is beautiful, waite staff very cordial and accommodating and the food was wondeerful. Definitely a keeper........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey Salty Dinner on 8/13/2014GaryVIPDined on 8/9/2014Very friendly bartender. He told us that the prime rib at this restaurant was excellent. However, our table waiter said they did not offer prime rib and had not since he worked there. My wife had tuna tartare and I had their filet mignon. The tartare was so-so and my steak was very salty. Everything is ala carte ($31 for the filet and $7 for a sweet potato. Wine, by the glass, was $9 & $11. Overall, it was a good looking restaurant with a very friendly staff but we feel we did not get good value for the $181 we spent.
- Great when emptyGamecock45Dined on 8/7/2014Always good food but the noise level is unbearable. Our waiter had no clue on how to service a table. Our meals came in bits a pieces. This restaurant is a great experience when they are half full. When they are full neither the manager, kitchen staff or wait staff are capable of handling the crowd. Much too expensive to tolerate poor service and extreme noise. A few acoustic tiles would help with the noise thing,Special Features:
- Fine dining in Myrtle BeachCLTReviewerVIPDined on 8/5/2014Very pleased, nice upscale venue that shines. Liked the idea of a traditional steak/seafood restaurant fused with sushi offerings. Even thought we didn't have our kiddos for this dinner, pleasantly surprised to see a real child's menu in keeping of the restaurant's theme. The bar tender, Wayne, knew his wines and very helpful. Had a filet with baked potato and a crab cake appetizer. Overall nice find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.