21 Main at North Beach
719 N. Beach Blvd
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582Neighborhood:
North Myrtle Beach
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
21 Main at North Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.21mainatnorthbeach.com/
- Phone: 8433153000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: 48th Avenue South
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Parking is available via complimentary Valet service, or self parking on either side of 21 Main at North Beach, located at 719 North Beach Blvd., North Myrtle Beach, SC. We are located at 719 North Beach Blvd., North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582.
This address is not always listed on GPS, therefore our Lat 33.795 Lon 78.741
A word from 21 Main at North Beach
For over twenty-five years, Lovin' Oven Celebrations, Long Island's & Manhattan's premiere caterer, has built their reputation on superb cuisine, elegant locations and refined staff. Their newest venture, the elegant 21 Main Steakhouse, encompasses all these things. Set in the Plantation House at North Beach Plantation in North Myrtle Beach. Gerard Scollan and his brother Matthew have captured the glamor and service of an era gone by - with a modern twist. Gerard Scollan and Matthew Scollan have been in the Catering/Special events business for over twenty-five years and are the owners of Lovin' Oven Celebrations. Lovin' Oven is the food & beverage service provider at North Beach Plantation's elegant locations, including the Seaside Café, BLU, Poolside and the Events at North Beach. For those who have experienced the quality and elegance of a Lovin' Oven event, and for those who have not yet had the pleasure, 21 Main at North Beach will be a dining experience you will not soon forge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
21 Main at North Beach - Best Restaurants in North Myrtle Beach ›
21 Main at North Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (63)romantic (42)fit for foodies (40)notable wine list (36)good for groups (35)neighborhood gem (26)vibrant bar scene (13)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (11)late-night find (7)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- EricVIPDined on 8/23/2014Always a great dining experience and they treat you like family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved it.ElhumidorDined on 8/22/2014Our steaks were excellent. The sushi was amazing. Extensive wine list and beer offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love 21 MainOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014This is our second time coming to Myrtle Beach and we make it a point to 21 Main. The atmosphere, the food, the decor is all fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- see you next againgenesDined on 8/19/2014great place 1st time there be there next week again with more friends for world am weekSpecial Features:
- PricelessCoastalShoresRealtyDined on 8/18/2014What can I say. We brought clients to 21 Main at North Beach, who happen to be celebrating their anniversary. It was a perfect evening. It may be the deciding factor for these New Yorkers to consider buying here in the North Myrtle Beach area. It was the best meal we have had ever in the Grand Strand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone but not forgotten !PamelaVIPDined on 8/16/2014We have been vacationing in the MB area for many years and enjoy trying the areas's growing upscale restaurants of which 21 Main has become a favorite. We have dined with them many times and commend their staff on a great job. Our recent visit was not a disappointment EXCEPT to find the potato croquets were removed from the menu! They were a special treat and I always anticipated them each of out previous visits except at Easter when they were "not available" and now off the menu. I hope they will reconsider it for the future again as their sides are now just like everyone else's. Otherwise we had a great meal and will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak menu, good; sushi menu bad...CLTReviewerVIPDined on 8/13/2014Second time at 21 Main; had dinner here last week. Unlike the first review where I gave it very good marks; this time was board line terrible. Mainly since I ate only off the sushi menu. My first dinning experience here, I had a filet with sides and the crab cake app. This go around, ordered only sushi and had the lump crab meat salad. Long story short, the sushi was very bad, first the sushi rice had too much rice vinegar, some pieces seem old and not fresh, wrong fish was given and very slow to get. BUT the biggest issue was they left the blood line in the fish! Big NO NO!!! I guess either sushi chef did not know or they were trying to get a larger yield of the fish. Plus server didn't know which fish was which, needs training!Special Features:
- Absolutely amazing!!LulubergDined on 8/12/2014Our experience there was amazing. I went with 5 other people, 2 of them small children. Everyone loved it. The food was delicious and the kids loves the food too. The drinks and wine were fantastic. If you like white wine, our waiter recommended the whip. Delicious! Had a wonderful time. We will definetly be visiting again on our next vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but...21summerfansDined on 8/11/2014we come here each summer and this time the steak was outstanding but the seafood lacked major attention. The shrimp was overcooked and we paid $4 for each shrimp, so we were expecting remarkable quality. The fries that came as a side dish were dry and wrinkly. The presentation was remarkable as usual and the service is always impecable, but not every time can we be blown away by perfect food. We will always be back and try something new.Special Features:
- Great FindtheshopperDined on 8/10/2014Finally got to try 21 Main at North Beach, and it was all that we expected and more. The restaurant is beautiful, waite staff very cordial and accommodating and the food was wondeerful. Definitely a keeper........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey Salty Dinner on 8/13/2014GaryVIPDined on 8/9/2014Very friendly bartender. He told us that the prime rib at this restaurant was excellent. However, our table waiter said they did not offer prime rib and had not since he worked there. My wife had tuna tartare and I had their filet mignon. The tartare was so-so and my steak was very salty. Everything is ala carte ($31 for the filet and $7 for a sweet potato. Wine, by the glass, was $9 & $11. Overall, it was a good looking restaurant with a very friendly staff but we feel we did not get good value for the $181 we spent.
- Great when emptyGamecock45Dined on 8/7/2014Always good food but the noise level is unbearable. Our waiter had no clue on how to service a table. Our meals came in bits a pieces. This restaurant is a great experience when they are half full. When they are full neither the manager, kitchen staff or wait staff are capable of handling the crowd. Much too expensive to tolerate poor service and extreme noise. A few acoustic tiles would help with the noise thing,Special Features:
- Fine dining in Myrtle BeachCLTReviewerVIPDined on 8/5/2014Very pleased, nice upscale venue that shines. Liked the idea of a traditional steak/seafood restaurant fused with sushi offerings. Even thought we didn't have our kiddos for this dinner, pleasantly surprised to see a real child's menu in keeping of the restaurant's theme. The bar tender, Wayne, knew his wines and very helpful. Had a filet with baked potato and a crab cake appetizer. Overall nice find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food deliciousEsl5Dined on 8/5/2014We were very pleased with the meal. The lobster bisque was outstanding. Scallops were delicious. Calamari, our test of a good restaurant, were tasty and tender. Filet minion was tender and done perfectly. I bit pricey, but great for a special occasion to treat yourself. Service was exceptional.Special Features:
- LvsteakDined on 8/3/2014Felt like we were being rushed out. Waiter could not wait to take our plates. Took bread away so fast it was unreal. I think the most disappointing thing was, it was our granddaughter's first birthday. This was told. We ordered her some ice cream and out came the ice cream with a lite candle on it. Manager came up to table all smiles. We were all thinking this was on the house the way he was acting. NOT. Billed $4.00 for our little one's birthday ice cream. Really this was too much.Special Features:
- Awesome dining spot hidden away...CarolinaKahunaDined on 8/3/2014Although this place was a little challenging to find, it was well worth the effort. Amazing sushi! We shared free range chicken and the NY strip between 3 adults...tons of foods, amazing service, one of my new favorites at MB! Bo was the waiter, and he provided superb service.Special Features:
- Second VisitmattfoodDined on 8/2/2014This was our second time here, the last being a year previous. The excellent food and service brought us back and we were not disappointed. We were the last table seated for the night and Trent our server did not rush our meal and was a great server. They have a small but diverse entree list and each item is well thought out. The steaks are excellent. The beef carpaccio is fantastic.Special Features:
- spittmaneatingBIG4lifeDined on 8/1/2014Our 21 Main experience was simply fabulous. The Clams Casino were amazing, the sushi was perfect, the filets and delmonico were outstanding. Our waiter was a good sport (we had a party of 8) and we will definitely be going back. Best meal we've ever had in Myrtle beach and we've been going there for 20 years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and amazing serviceAwesomeDined on 7/25/2014Found 21 on open table, we were searching for a table for 10. We were all so impressed, great food and the service and the friendliness of the staff and even the other diners was amazing. We give them a big thumbs up!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Food and service were fabulous! Sushi was delicious!!!Special Features:
- A great special occasion dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2014We enjoyed everything about our experience. The food was delicious, our server Brandy was delightful and very attentive, and the hostess staff were very pleasant. We had requested an outdoor table and when we were seated we found ourselves in a courtyard along the wall. We did enjoy the quiet and were the only couple outside accept for the occasional smoker from inside. The noise from the resturant inside made the outside much more pleasant because it was quiet but the setup was a bit strange feeling. At one point a guest of the property drug his suitcase past our table twice which was less enjoyable. Overall we loved it and definitely plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot for Steaks!21MainMUSTGODined on 7/24/2014Everything from start to finish was great. Wedge salad-AWESOME. Lump Crabmeat-AWESOME. Then for dinner we had the NY Strip and the Delmonico. Both were cooked to perfection. On the side we had the creamed spinach and sweet potato-both to die for. Prices are high, so bring your wallet! But well worth the $$$$. Food, service, was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay but next time...MamasHungryDined on 7/24/2014While this was not my first visit the actual food left me wanting something more this time. Steak was just okay and a bit overcooked. Lobster bisque was a bit on the sweet side. Almost too much tomato. The mashed potatoes were flavorless. The hostess team gave me the eye when they saw I dared bring my three children, including a toddler for dinner. You know because us parents don't deserve a good meal on vacation...the server was much nicer and accommodating. He's the only reason they get a four rating instead of two or three. He made my little ones very happy with his special chocolate milk recipe and even brought them extra bread and butter. Next time I will probably just head over to Ruth's Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014We liked 21 Main so well we actually went twice in one week while on vacation. We changed up the selection and both times the food was excellent. They also take reservations which is rare for a beach estaurant during the middle of the summer. Our waiter, Bo, did a great job knowing just when to come back to the table and never rushed us. We asked for him the secod visit and he was equally good. Overall this restaurant is a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant...jwhit5Dined on 7/18/2014My husband and I attended for dinner away from the children and grandchildren on our last night at Myrtle Beach. Food was awesome, nice astmosphere, the service was the best... We will go there again for sure... He loved the sushi and I loved the filet with mashed potatoes and blue cheese wedge salad .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice change of pace in Myrtle BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/18/2014Made reservations for a large group on Friday evening following a business meeting. Table was ready in a very busy restaurant with many large parties being served. A little slow until the waiter came, but from then on, the service was perfect. Great wine list! The lobster bisque was, to several of us, the best ever! Steaks were cooked to order and tender, well marbleized and delicious. At the late hour we passed on dessert, but had a wonderful late evening meal.Special Features:
- Most Amazing Steak!charlestongirlDined on 7/18/2014Never grinned so much as when they brought their Tomahawk steak out! It was a 40 oz prime cut ribeye. The cut reminded me of a "Fred Flintstone steak". It was delicious! I shared the steak (5 dollar share charge). I took the rest home and had another meal for two. I cut the bone from the steak in half and had enough for both dogs. Added the side of two scallops-underbelieveable! The creamed spinach and mac and cheese were wonderful! Had the strawberry key lime pie for dessert. It was a little too sweet. Personally, I like the traditional key lime. It's hard to beat a classic! Service was attentive-Thanks Whitney!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sticks Out From the Crowdpmi0126Dined on 7/17/2014Great place to get a steak, sushi &/or your favorite seafood in a part of the world where everyone serves steak & seafood. Good location on a private resort plus the menu is a bit upper class so that tends to keep the noisier crowd away. Kids are welcome & have a specific menu with a simpler, albeit limited food selection. Our party was 6 strong so while it took around 45 minutes to prepare our meals, which did get the kids a bit restless, it was well worth the wait. I had a cup of the lobster bisque & the scallops 21. I barely finished as the scallops are around half dollar sized & around 3/4"-1" thick. Our bill was a little over $200, which for 6, with only 2 ordering from the kids menu, is reasonably priced. We'll definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FoodAirplaneB1Dined on 7/5/2014This was the first time we had eaten at this restaurant. I found it on the internet in a Golf Review magazine. It had excellent ratings so we thought we would try it for our 40th wedding anniversary. It was fantastic. Best steak I've had in twenty years. The service was great, also. I would recommend it highly to anyone looking for a great meal with great service.Special Features:
- food was outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/4/2014Pricey but worth every penny! Ambiance a little weak, but service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!DAW072Dined on 7/4/2014Great food (for adults & kids), wine list was excellent, we had a great server in Patrick. We had four kids with us and we did not feel out of place, very good atmosphere and ambience, dressed up but too much. Steaks were great along with the rest of the food, we will definitely be back when we return to N. Myrtle Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Good ServicePaix22Dined on 7/4/2014We had the 16 oz NY strip - with mushrooms - Oysters Rockefeller-Wedge Salad - Shrimp N Grits- Martini and Cocktails - Food was very tasty - Our Server Trent was excellent and friendly - only negative was busgirl who hung about constantly trying to take away dishes before we were finished - management needs to take note that dishes and plates do not get removed until everyone is finished !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!!love2eatDined on 7/3/2014Went there for the first time last year to celebrate our anniversary and loved it so much that celebrated there again this year and hope to go everytime we visit Myrtle. Keep it up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi in Myrtle Beach!Hbgood2Dined on 7/2/2014This place was worth the money, we had a great steak and great sushi. The spicy tuna salad was amazing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Honeymoon dinertodd2skiDined on 6/29/2014Our dining experience was great. The food was excellent, the service was excellent, the presentation was excellent and the portions were just right. Patrick did a great job taking care of us and making sure that our honeymoon diner was memorable. I fear that we didn’t reward him enough with our gratuity. My bride ordered the Scallops with risotto, I ordered the sirloin tips. Both entrees were very satisfying. If we are fortunate enough to dine at 21 Main again we will request to be seated in Patrick’s serving area and we will make sure that we compensate him generously. Also, somehow the resort shuttle arrived just as we were leaving the table as if they knew we were done. I assume someone at 21 Main made that timely arrangement for us.Special Features:
- MyshiDined on 6/25/2014Ate here twice, first time service and food were outstanding. Second time, service was slow, wait staff was not friendly. Depends on who is assigned to your table. Overall the food is prepared well and the menu offers a nice variety to choose from.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerAnniebVIPDined on 6/24/2014Warm welcome and seated quickly, restaurant was not busy. Ordered mussels and lump crab salad to start, both were well prepared. Main course of whole branzini fish and New York strip steak. Fish was delicious and served with orzo. Steak well prepared and very tasty. Had praline ice cream for dessert, not sure if this was home made but tasted wonderful. Ordered champagne but it arrived warm. Our waiter took it back and we waited while the bartender put it on ice to chill it. Not quite what I expected for this quality of restaurant. Overall experience was favorable and we will dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of Myrtlendp1236VIPDined on 6/20/2014Best place so far. Eat there 2 times this week. Been coming to Myrtle Beach for 10 years and glad I found such a high quality restaurant. Oysters, clams and sushi were excellent! Servers were best in class!Special Features:
- Great find!RexyVIPDined on 6/13/2014We have been to Myrtle Beach several times are were tired of the overcooked buffets and chain restaurants. I found 21 Main on Open Table and we were very pleasantly surprised! The food was great, the service was great and the ambiance was great. I would definitely recommend it and will visit again. Make sure you try the Creamed Corn!Special Features:
- nice to trynicetotryDined on 6/12/2014I always think it is nice to try different restaurants , 21 Main is good but not worth the money paid for the food.Special Features: