21 Main at North Beach
719 N. Beach Blvd
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582Neighborhood:
North Myrtle Beach
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
21 Main at North Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.21mainatnorthbeach.com/
- Phone: (843) 315-3000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: 48th Avenue South
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Parking is available via complimentary Valet service, or self parking on either side of 21 Main at North Beach, located at 719 North Beach Blvd., North Myrtle Beach, SC. We are located at 719 North Beach Blvd., North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582.
This address is not always listed on GPS, therefore our Lat 33.795 Lon 78.741
A word from 21 Main at North Beach
For over twenty-five years, Lovin' Oven Celebrations, Long Island's & Manhattan's premiere caterer, has built their reputation on superb cuisine, elegant locations and refined staff. Their newest venture, the elegant 21 Main Steakhouse, encompasses all these things. Set in the Plantation House at North Beach Plantation in North Myrtle Beach. Gerard Scollan and his brother Matthew have captured the glamor and service of an era gone by - with a modern twist. Gerard Scollan and Matthew Scollan have been in the Catering/Special events business for over twenty-five years and are the owners of Lovin' Oven Celebrations. Lovin' Oven is the food & beverage service provider at North Beach Plantation's elegant locations, including the Seaside Café, BLU, Poolside and the Events at North Beach. For those who have experienced the quality and elegance of a Lovin' Oven event, and for those who have not yet had the pleasure, 21 Main at North Beach will be a dining experience you will not soon forge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
21 Main at North Beach - Best Restaurants in North Myrtle Beach ›
21 Main at North Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (62)romantic (47)fit for foodies (44)notable wine list (31)good for groups (26)neighborhood gem (24)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (4)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great dinnerJeffDined on 11/22/2014My wife and I took our neighbors to 12 Main for our annual Christmas Dinner (prior to going to the Carolina Opry for an excellent Christmas show). The experience was excellent. Food was wonderful service very good, and the ambience was a delight. Highly recommend this restaurant...we've never had a bad meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningBudzoDined on 11/9/2014Our group of six found this spot delightful. Great menu with lots of options. Food was excellent. Steaks done right to order. They handled my Celiac, gluten free requirements well.Special Features:
- FrankDined on 11/8/2014Excellemt all around. Great staff from Hostess to buss staff. We have friends that request a trip here when in town.Special Features:
- Wonderful!JenniferDined on 11/1/2014Wonderful food and great atmosphere! My husband and I went here for you 1 year anniversary and it was amazing! We were married at North Beach last year and the food is just as delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service awesome hospitalityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014Thank you for making my wife's birthday very specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner with Family PerfectligirlDined on 10/25/2014Great Experience. Our waiter Matt was very professional. Ron the Manager is a great host.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NanaDined on 10/25/2014We had a fabulous meal to celebrate my husband's 76th birthday. Our waiter Patrick was the best. We will be back! Thank you so much, Linda BagnellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 21 MainAndyDined on 10/8/2014My wife and I and another couple ate there this week and we thought it was amazing. The service was top notch and the food was even better. We had steak and sushi. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!tinarieDined on 9/26/20142nd time here and had a great experience and meal both times!! Some people say its a little "pricey" but I didn't find that it is any more expensive than any other steakhouse in the area and I like their food better! Service was great also! Will definitely be back for a 3rd meal and have recommended it to many friends!Special Features:
- Gary TurnerTurnersnightoutDined on 9/26/2014My wife and I have eaten there on several occasions, the food is excellent, as well as the service, it was awesome again this past friday night. Best on the beach by far,.. simply love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindDontmindpayingifDined on 9/26/2014The dining space does not appear to have been designed as a dining room. It looks somewhat like a sales area or gathering area for time share presentations with offices upstairs along an open hallway. However, the mood was fine and the atmosphere was fine, just off a bit. To sum this part up I never felt quite 100% comfortable in the wide and narrow room. Service was excellent, menu was excellent and the quality was very good. I was impressed when the Host met me by name and mentioned she had read my comment about seating. I had mentioned I did not want to be seated in the middle of the floor with people on all sides. She ask if her choice of seating was ok and I should have deferred for a table less entrance oriented. Great overall!!Special Features:
- Great place to dineEnjoy21atNMBDined on 9/24/2014We enjoy ourselves each time we visit this restaurant. We always have leftovers from their generous portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but priceybeachcrazieDined on 9/21/2014Everything from the service to the appetizers to the dessert was amazing! Only downfall is it all a la carte so it gets expensive very quickly .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time!Pepper14Dined on 9/20/2014Whether just stopping by the bar for a cocktail and sushi or enjoying a wonderful dinner in the dining room, 21 Main never disappoints. We have lots of favorites.... Lobster bisque, steakhouse salad, filet with Gorgonzola sauce and the sushi crunch roll....And John, Jerry, Brian, D'Lynn, Kelly, Sherman and Matt take great care in serving their guests!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE!FoodieQueenMKHDined on 9/14/2014I do not even know where to begin. This restaurant knows how to deliver an amazing meal, romantic ambiance and superb service! My husband and I were in MB for the week celebrating our first wedding anniversary and picked this spot after hearing good things about it. Our host was a very nice gentleman named Tarvon (sp?) and congratulated us on our anniversary. SI started off with some red wine and oysters on the half shell and my husband ordered calamari friti. For our entree I had the Scallops 21 with the amazing mushroom risotto and my husband had the 20 oz Delmonico (Boneless Ribeye) with a baked potato with all the fixings! For dessert we shared a Tiramasu which they topped with a candle to celebrate our anniversary. Dinner was DIVINE!Special Features:
- Happy Birthday to Me!CjaninebDined on 9/11/2014I had an excellent time celebrating my birthday at 21 Main. The food was delicious and the service was excellent! My waiter made me feel extremely welcome. Next time I'm in North Myrtle Beach, I will dine there again. My hats off!Special Features:
- good but not intuitiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014food was good ,atmosphere was good ...however they did not acknowledge the fact that it was my parents 25th wedding anniversary. that was a little disappointing for the upscaleness of the restaurant... other places a lot less classy offer things like a free dessert rose petals on the table or bottle of champagne.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- onthetrailOnTheTrailDined on 9/11/2014Good food, friendly waiter and overall good food but excessive balsamic dressing on salad, and large room made for an overall "loud" environment. Very good but not a 5 star.
- Wonderful food and Service!charlestongirlDined on 9/11/2014This was our second visit and loved it. both times. The service is some of the best we have ever had. Matt was very attentive and helpful. We love Russian River wines from California and were able to find one on the list. The food was both beautiful and delicious. We had the diver scallops as an appetizer. (We have never had better.) We had the French onion soup (yummy) and the award winning lobster bisque. (a little sweeter than we expected, but very good. For the entree we ordered the 40 oz prime tomahawk cut ribeye. The entire restaurant looks when it comes out. It is amazing to look at and masterfully cooked. We ordered two sides: creamed spinach and macaroni and cheese. (both delightful). We feed 3 people .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!SouthJerseyFoodieDined on 9/11/2014We visited Myrtle on vacation and were looking for an upscale date spot. 21 Main offered excellent service and some unique menu items (definitely try the brie appetizer!). The service was great, maybe a little too attentive, but I chalk that up to having been one of only three groups dining at the time. The seasoning on the steak was wonderful and the sides were very good, too. My only complaint would be the ambiance. We were hoping for someplace a little more unique and intimate, but the food was worth the money!Special Features:
- upscale steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/10/2014Looking for a good steakhouse in north myrtle beach we weren't disappointed. Carpaccio was excellent, as was the pork chop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!LivingthedreamDined on 9/8/2014The food, the place, the wine - everything was perfect. Our waiter Patrick was spot-on and really made me feel special for my Birthday. I had the shrimp and grits and my friend had the scallops with fried spinach. Everything was very good and our staff could not have been more gracious. I will go back again and again - what a great evening!Special Features:
- Wonderful!JeffPDined on 9/8/2014Our first visit after researching on Open Table. What a wonderful dining experience! The décor and ambiance, the food, and the service were all top rate. We dined on a Monday night so there were not a lot of other customers but enough so that we didn't feel alone there. Our server Bo was very personable and knowledgeable and his recommendations were spot on. Their wine list is very comprehensive.Special Features:
- Great findYummyTummyDined on 9/7/2014We enjoyed the food. Excellent dining choice during our stay in Myrtle Beach. Server was awesome. thanks Bo for your suggestions from the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChefDined on 9/6/2014We came with our 1-year old and everyone was friendly. Nevertheless the ambiance was rather chic than for families with noisy children. The food was really delicious, but it also is expensive. The serving sizes are really big. We would come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 21 Main at North BeachDiningDeansDined on 9/5/2014We went to 21 Main at North Beach for our wedding anniversary. The food, wine, atmosphere, and service were wonderful. The only glitch we had, and it was not 21 Main's fault, was that they didn't have our reservation from OpenTable - even though I had the email confirmation from OpenTable. The staff was very accommodating and found us a nice romantic spot. Tarver was our waiter and very efficient and friendly without being intrusive. A wonderful dinner experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dinnerhoosiergirlDined on 9/4/2014Our dinner at 21 Main was fantastic. The scallops were superb and the service was equally as good. Steak and lobster special was a big hit with my husband.Special Features:
- FoodsnobsDined on 9/4/2014Wow. My husband and I visited 21 Main this year on our beach vacation and it was some of the best food we have ever eaten. We have been to some of the top restaurants in the US and this ranked right up there!! Great food, excellent service and great environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner ReviewBirdineDined on 9/4/2014Our party of four was seated promptly. The atmosphere was sophisticated and cosmopolitan. Our waiter was affable, made suggestions and courteous. Bisque soup was delicious although barely warm. Entree portions were ample. Two of our party commented that some of their food (sushi and sides) were very salty. Waiter continued to be attentive throughout. Prices were on the high side for what we ordered. Had a $50 coupon but bill was still $200 including tip. Overall, a nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MB fine diningtravelingbuzzardVIPDined on 9/3/2014Dined after the summer season and found the restaurant well attended but not crowded. Service was excellent as well as the food (steak and sea food). A trip to the bar for an after diner drink was enjoyable. This was a repeat visit and we will return again.
- Nice supper at 21 MainJoeyDined on 9/1/2014We had a nice supper and a nice evening. The service was excellent. We will certainly go back next time we're in Myrtle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Presentation was 5 Star as was the food preparation and taste. Menu is a little pricey but the quality and taste justified the cost. Only draw back was the time it took to receive the appetizers. Seems as though we waited for 45 mins. after being seated. Once they started serving, all orders were sent to the table in a timely fashion. Still would recommend to friends and go back when we return to the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food POOR serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014We booked ahead of time and we sat down at 7:00 pm. We placed our drink order and our food at around 7:10. Our starter arrived at 7:45 along with our main course. I believe the server forgot about the starter and when I asked about it she said the kitchen was slammed. Why not tell your guests upfront that the kitchen was busy. This is not an inexpensive restaurant and one would expect a better level of service. The food was very good, but a pity about the very poor service. May consider going back. Don't lie to your guests, just admit your mistake.Special Features:
- EricVIPDined on 8/30/2014We had the Scallops 21, Pork Loin and creamed corn and it was simply outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food...poor serviceMikenLorDined on 8/30/2014Amazing food but service left much to be desired...simple things like my water glass being empty for more than 15 minutes and waitress never asked if I would like another glass of wine (two empty glasses) When we were seated, we had one waitress introduce herself and then 10 minutes later another one came to the table and said she would be our server for the evening. Seemed very disorganized. The table next to us had to literally get up to find someone to get additional beverages and had to track someone down when the wrong sushi was served. All four were turning around trying to flag someone down to help. The food was amazing...just so disappointed with service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeTunesDined on 8/30/2014Restaurant ambiance and food is excellent, we visit 21 Main every time we are in NMB, however we had an issue with wine by the glass which in my opinion is not characteristic of a premium restaurant
- First Time here was greatdrnappyDined on 8/30/2014Its been hard to find good food in Myrtle Beach, a lot of chain restaurants and buffets that claim to have great food. After doing an OpenTable search and reading a few mixed reviews we decided to try 21 Main. We were pleasantly surprised to have an elegant meal and very well prepared food from appetizers straight through to dessert. Clams Casino and Crab Cake were both excellent. Strip and Lamb rack were perfectly cooked to order. Bacon Maple Ice Cream with Cherry Crumble was also amazing. Our server Trenton was also very friendly and attentive! Great Experience and worth the extra cost to have decent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hype didn't measure upsrvcsnobDined on 8/30/2014When I made the reservation I specifically ask fir a quiet table and noted it was my first time dining. So, when I arrive you seat me in the middle of the restaurant between large parties and ask me if I have dined with you before. Clearly you don't pay attention to the details. Probably won't be back with all the choices in the area.
- Great serviceWendyDined on 8/29/2014Wonderful service . Fresh fish ; the special was sea bass and delicious and the sides were superb and beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our only concernOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/27/2014My wife and I entered through the beautiful front doors of this restaurant, expecting an enthusiastic and warm greeting by the host or hostess. Instead we stood behind another couple for a full few minutes before anyone at the front desk even acknowledged us even being there. We almost left. Finally we were acknowledged and taken into the dining area where the remainder of the evening was very nice. We were just surprised that a restaurant of this caliber did such a poor job in welcoming its customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.