21 West 52nd Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.21club.com/
- Phone: 2125827200x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 12:00-2:30pm Monday-Saturday
Dinner: 5:30-10:00pm Monday-Friday, 5:30pm-11:00pm Saturday
Upstairs at '21': Dinner: 5:30-10:00pm Tuesday-Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Sylvain Delpique
- Dress Code: Jacket Required
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: '21' offers 10 beautifully appointed private event rooms, including the legendary Prohibition-era wine cellar, ideal for family celebrations and corporate events. Parties of 10 to 200 for lunch or dinner and up to 450 for a reception will enjoy the Grand Award-winning wine list, splendid American cuisine, and unsurpassed service. In-house professional planning services ensure every detail of your event.
A word from 21 Club
Attentive service, fine American cuisine, a Grand Award-winning wine list and unique, historical surroundings set ‘21’ apart. Once a glamorous speakeasy, today '21' is one of the most celebrated restaurants in New York City. In addition to our two restaurants, the Bar Room and 'Upstairs', this four-story townhouse features ten private party rooms ideal for celebrations, meetings and banquets, including the legendary Prohibition-era Wine Cellar.Continued
DRESS CODE: No jeans or sneakers. Jackets are necessary for gentlemen.
DRESS CODE: No jeans or sneakers. Jackets are necessary for gentlemen.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
21 Club - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
21 Club reviews from OpenTable diners
374 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (253)fit for foodies (144)romantic (130)notable wine list (128)great for lunch (103)neighborhood gem (98)good for groups (82)hot spot (61)vibrant bar scene (47)late-night find (31)great for brunch (28)kid-friendly (14)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (5)Show More
- Never FailsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014I have been dinning at 21 for 30 years. With all the changes in Manhattan, it remains consistent in every way and unapproachable.Special Features:
- Fine dining,lacked the atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014I eagerly awaiting my visit to 21club, after reading various reviews. The service was outstanding but almost too good in the sense, I ended up feeling rushed. I booked this as a treat for my husbands 40th birthday, it is pricey, (even when eating from the pre-theatre menu, £120, set menu and 2 drinks each for 2 people), but the quality and presentation of the food is of a very high standard. I would recommended this for people who enjoy a fine dining experience, but for my husband and myself The Cheesecake Factory is more our cup of tea, livelier atmosphere and more food for your £.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nicely done...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2014Our experience at 21 was outstanding. The atmosphere was warm and elegant, the food was excellent. My only critique would be related to the service. While all our needs were met, our head waiter was rather cold and distant. Perhaps this was just his personality, but my companion and I agree that a more hospitable demeanor would have made the experience perfect.Special Features:
- Great find all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/13/2014Silvio is phenomenal and made us feel right at homeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for Pre theatre diningDavidDined on 10/13/2014The four of us had the fixed price $49 pre theatre dining menu and could not fault the service or the food. We were made to feel very welcome and the sommelier was especially helpful in guiding our voice of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old school charmOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/11/2014this is an old school NYC establishment. Great service and exceptional wine list. Had the crab cake to start which was great, Cesar salad just ok. Filet was cooked perfect medium rare and flavorful. Risotto was under cooked which was disappointing. Crème brule to finish a good evening.Special Features:
- dizzieDined on 10/11/2014Service was exemplary, food was good and ambience was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely afternoonHappytobe21Dined on 10/10/201421 never fails! The lovely ambience in the bar area sitting across the fireplace is the most relaxing. A tall glass of champagne ( 21 house) sets the tone for your entrance to a fun lunch. Food at lunch was tasty and the impeccable service is welcome. Lunch was complete with an assortment of good desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A NYC landmarkItWasMehVIPDined on 10/9/2014Great food, comfortable setting, and fantastic wine list. 21 Club is a landmark for a reason. I love it for dinner with my husband, a night out with friends, or a biz dinner. It feels more like spending the evening at your club than dining in a restaurant. Nothing about the place is uptight or uncomfortable.Special Features:
- Pre Theater & 50th Birthday mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Easy to reserve table and browse menu on line. Great welcome, attention and service by staff. Found the wine menu a bit bulky to peruse quickly and the wine waiter was a bit condescending when our choice wasn't at the high end list of the menu. Overall it was a lovely meal; the ambiance was perfect and the service top drawer. Definitely will return and would highly recommend 21 club.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodJohn820Dined on 10/9/2014You would expect a consistently good experience at a restaurant that has been in NYC for as long as Club21. They have never disappointed.Special Features:
- Classic NYCJBMcDined on 10/9/201421 is what classic NYC is all about. Service is attentive and old school so mind your manners respect the uniqueness. Atmosphere is one of high quality with historic charm. Food is without a doubt wonderfully done and comforting. Try the Speakeasy Tartar with the mashed potato lobster side. Wine list by the glass or bottle is well thought out it was a speakeasy after all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HowieLVIPDined on 10/8/2014This is a must restaurant to eat in and experience the history of the restaurant The food is fantastic as well as the service I would go back again and againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- haworthhoarderDined on 10/6/2014One of mid-town's best. Food and service over the top. We've never had a bad experience here.Special Features:
- They've Nailed It!JohnjhDined on 10/4/2014Great food matched with a professional yet friendly serviceSpecial Features:
- OutstandingClassicDined on 10/4/2014A real ny classic that always is the best the city has to offer. Menu is classic as well varied with many treats. Great for special occasions.Special Features:
- EnjoyableMsmimi1Dined on 10/4/2014we had a very relaxed lunch before a show.The service was great the food very good. The prix fixed menu a good choice .i would come back again.
- A Pre-Theater Must!GizmoDined on 10/3/2014Having drinks in the bar by a great waiter made for a wonderful dining experience before the theater. The delightful wait staff was most attentive and the food delicious. We chose the fixed menu; however, the choices on the entire menu looked most enticing. A definite must whether you are a first-time or a frequent visitor to NYC. Fun decor in the dining room made for a memorable evening as well.Special Features:
- It's more about the name than foodmommiannaDined on 10/3/2014We enjoyed our dinner at the 21 Club and liked hearing the stories of celebrity diners and the history of the toys hanging from the ceiling. The waiters were extremely friendly and all of our food came out correctly and hot ~ just perfect. However, it took FOREVER to receive the check. We had made a note in our reservation that we would be heading to a show and it still took FOREVER to get our bill.Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningsonorankrisVIPDined on 9/30/2014We ate here the first time for a pre-theater dinner while in NYC. We enjoyed it so much, we went back a few days later. They had changed their pre-theater menu, which was nice -- we got to select from an entirely different menu.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014Old school New York, classic fare, seasoned and attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maitre d has to Get With ItOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/29/2014The Maitre d did not give me a cordial greeting and even though no one was waiting and no tables were occupied yet, he asked me to take a seat in the ante room and wait without explanation. His attitude was dismissive, like he was waiting for the person in charge to arrive. I made the reservation for a business lunch with 3 men who were meeting me. He doesn't seem to realize that women host power lunches. Time to get with it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as everNonnativesDined on 9/27/2014We can always count on good service, good food and a pleasing environment at 21. It's our standard "go to" restaurant especially when we bring people who aren't frequent visitors to NYC. Their pre-Theater dinner is always a crowd pleaser.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem of a FindsonorankrisVIPDined on 9/27/2014While in NYC, we were in a last minute panic to find a good pre-theater restaurant for dinner. We chose 21Club and could not have been more pleased. Ambience great, food great and service great. Our server made several recommendations and they were spot on. Definitely will go back. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Jo43Dined on 9/25/2014Always a New York favorite of ours. Excellent location for theatres goers; service always efficient and friendly. Food has never disappointed. Interesting atmosphere.Special Features:
- Service not acceptableOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/25/2014The place us good and the food was ok. I went there for a business lunch and both me an my client felt rushed. Unacceptable for these kind of places. Very old school way of treating customers.
- A Special TreatFloFamDined on 9/23/2014My son treated me to dinner at 21 and it was great!!! The food and service was excellent! Silvio was the best! He gave great recommendations and they were all great. Although this was a special occasion, we will definitely be back next time we are in town. Thanks, 21!Special Features:
- TimelessOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/23/201421 is consistently one of my favorite places to go in the city. I love bringing out-of-town clients here - they always love the history of the restaurant.
- Great 21st birthday celebration21stbdayat21Dined on 9/20/2014The friendly, efficient service, and festive ambiance made our meal and birthday celebration with our daughter special. Many thanks for the attention to details and excellent meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindaVIPDined on 9/19/2014The attention to each customer from the front door thru the entire meal is impeccable. The food is very tasty with great presentation - we dined at 21 Club prior to Theatre so we were early diners...will return for a later dinner to enjoy the ambience and food. Worth the visit.Special Features:
- Great, as alwaysBuckleyDined on 9/18/2014Dinner before a show, the food was great, the service was quick as they knew we had to be out by a certain time. The restaurant was buzzing and had a good vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still greatBusinessLunchVIPDined on 9/16/2014After all these years. Fantastic service, beautiful restaurant.Special Features:
- Manhattan InstitutionMeeeVIPDined on 9/16/2014We are visiting NYC and I had to take my wife to 21 Club. I worked in NYC for years and there are a few places that you just have to experience to fully appreciate NYC - 21 Club is one of those places.
- Always a treat!MaisieSeattleDined on 9/15/2014The restaurant that I always make sure I go to when in the city. Unfortunately, no more Grand Marnier soufflé. They lost the best part of dinner there, so may have to check first in the future.Special Features:
- "21" - Service in DeclineCPAMotoRacerDined on 9/13/2014Our favorite restaurant is becoming less wonderful. (1) My parents were seated before my wife and I arrived, and no one mentioned it. So my wife and I waited at the bar for ten minutes, thinking my parents hadn't arrived, until my mother wandered out of the dining room to see if we were there. (2) Our waiter, Jonathan, neglected to recite the specials. (3) The waiter at our previous visit, a week earlier, was so bad, I mentioned it on the way out, and at the beginning of this visit I quietly asked the maître d’ hotel to make sure Robert wasn't serving us tonight. He said Robert was off. That was fine, but as we were leaving, Jonathan looked at me with a grin and said, "I'll tell Robert you said hello." That was quite inappropriate.Special Features:
- a once great placemctravtlerDined on 9/13/2014A place past it's prime. Indifferent service and vastly overpriced poor food. A sad commentary on a once great night spot.
- Understated and classyFineDined on 9/13/2014The food, service, and attention to detail are attributes that make dining at "21" an exceptionally enjoyable experience. As a second-time visitor, once again I found the staff very friendly and accommodating. The selection, preparation, and presentation of the food were all outstanding. Standard fare including meat dishes and seafood are presented in elegant fashion without being overly embellished with esoteric elements considered au courant for their effects rather than their additions to the taste or quality of the food. The food is elegant, aesthetically appealing and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would RecommendJR87Dined on 9/12/2014While the service team was friendly and our food delicious, it took 90 minutes for our entrees to arrive. Perhaps a one time thing. Great cocktails, ambience, and food, but seemed understaffed for a Friday night. Good for special occasions. Expect to spend at least $100/person. Come early to get a cocktail in the lounge before dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Olde New York ClassicOx4dinerVIPDined on 9/5/2014Everyone should try 21 at least once! It is an historic, charming establishment with excellent cuisine and even better service. Just walking up to the building is a thrill, with all the old jockey statues outside, and it only gets better from there. The food preparation is superb, with new creations mixed with standards that have been on the menu for decades. This is a treat you should not miss next time you are in NYC!Special Features:
- Just OKtravel2eat2shopDined on 9/4/2014My friend and I made reservations here before Wicked, & we were promptly seated at 6:00. The cocktails were great, the ambiance is definitely unique and fun, but the food was underwhelming. We did not want to be overly stuffed for the show, so we both had the lobster bisque, Caesar salad, & crab cake for our meals....none of which were outstanding. If we could go again, we would probably just split an entree and have a steak or the fish. They brought us petite dessert samples, and they were also very good! Ambiance definitely outweighed the food.Special Features: