20nine Restaurant & Wine Bar
255 E Basse Rd Ste 940
San Antonio, TX 78209Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
20nine Restaurant & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.20ninewine.com/
- Phone: (210) 798-9463
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 12:00pm, Sunday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Scott Boone
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Events at 20nine include: Wine Tastings, Private lunches and dinners (for up to 45 people), private Parties (for up to 150 people), Wine & Cheese Receptions, Presentation and Meeting Space.
Now accepting reservations for engagement parties, baby showers, rehearsal dinners, pharmaceutical dinner presentations, birthday parties, and fundraisers.
- Private Party Contact: Marisa Fulmer 2107989463
- Entertainment: Live Music Every Thursday Starting at 7:00pm!
A word from 20nine Restaurant & Wine Bar
This urban wine inspired restaurant is located in the heart of San Antonio just 5 miles north of the River walk, and minutes south of the airport. Highway 29 that runs through Napa Valley inspired the restaurant’s name. The oversized patio with water fountain creates the perfect atmosphere to enjoy wine and appetizers or a four-course dinner. The bar and lounge area offers a trendy, stylish, urban setting for serious wine drinkers to sit back and enjoy a “Road Trip”. All road trips arrive with “wine itineraries” (tasting notes) for the “traveler” to refer to as they are sipping each glass. We specialize in wine country cuisine. We have an eclectic menu & makes seasonal changes to showcase fresh fruits, vegetables, and meats.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
20nine Restaurant & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Alamo Heights ›
20nine Restaurant & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (20)romantic (16)special occasion (9)fit for foodies (8)great for outdoor dining (7)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (5)hot spot (3)good for groups (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Nice Place to take a dateOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/17/2014A very romantic place to take a date. I went with a friend and we ordered the calamari for appetizer, then I had the duck and my friend had the rack of lamb. It turned out my duck was tastier than his lamb. I ordered the habanero cheesecake because I am always adventurous about food and wanted to know how they can balance the flavor. It was so good that I actually ate 1/2 of the slice, it balanced really well with the honey that was drizzled on the plate. However, when I got home, I had the worse indigestion from even the slightest spiciness of the habanero for 2 days! It was still worth ordering, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Very nice ambiance, good wine, good service, and good food.Special Features:
- Great Date NightEatGoodFoodDined on 10/25/2014We had our couples date night here and all of our food was absolutely amazing. We all appreciated that we were full but our food was not heavy. Wine was amazing also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place ive been toogustavoGuajardo99Dined on 10/10/2014the food was phenomonal!!! Chicken to the wine was great!! customer service was top notch!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kchaps09Dined on 10/7/2014Service started out pretty rough. The hostess seemed to absolutely not want to be there. Very aloof and impersonal. After we sat down, it was uncomfortably long before we were finally greated by a server. After they found us and began waiting on us, service was spot on. The medium rare filet came out medium in center and medium well on the edges. Not what you expect from a forty dollar steak. Duck was tough to cut through because of fat and some gristle, but the flavors of each entre were still quite good. I'd go back, but I won't be expecting as much the second time around.Special Features:
- greatwithfriendsDined on 9/28/2014really great food and very responsive and knowledgeable wait staff and serversSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary celebrationMD1987Dined on 9/19/2014My wife and I celebrated are 27th wedding anniversary here and had a great meal and a great experience. Our waiter Raymond did a fabulous job serving us. We look forward to returning again. This was our second time going there. It was a nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lot's of choices...WeweVIPDined on 9/13/2014so many restaurants....20nine needs to step up service considering the prices. appetizers were small (which is fine except we chose entrees based on that fact) entrees were huge. Mac n Cheese was enough to feed 3 people, dork burger was enough for 2... had to leave half of it as we were leaving town the next day. All excellent. service wasn't exactly bad, but inconsistent. She wanted to take our food order within minutes of being seated. Told her we'd like to order wine and relax. The second apps were delivered, then wanted to take our dinner order. Again, we explained we'd like to enjoy our appetizer and had not really had a chance to yet look over the dinner menu. couldn't get her to return to take our dinner order.Special Features:
- GreatHenry210Dined on 9/8/2014Frequent this establishment rwquaketky and never have had service issues. Always accommodate me and the servers, I've had numerous, have been nothing short of professional and attentive. Again I have the ability to dine and have drinks at any restaurant but 29 is a rare gem. I enjoy dining here. Additionally the champagne and wine collection is second to none. Including silo and the palm. Some extremely rare vintages. As a 27 year old with discernible taste and demand for high quality service, anyone who suggest this place is less then great is providing a review based on sophistry. 5 starsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - ackward lightingNo2GoOrdersVIPDined on 9/6/2014Food was great and the server was attentive. We enjoyed a few wine flights and a couple of glasses of wine. The one minor area for improvement was the lighting. Although most of the lighting through out is muted, there was a very bright light shining down on the seats on one side of our table.Special Features:
- Amazing serviceNotQuiteAFoodieVIPDined on 7/29/2014Visiting from Baltimore, I had dinner with a visually impaired friend, and our server Raymond went out of his way to make us comfortable. it helped that we came early (5 p.m.) on a Tuesday, so it was quiet, but others came and went at tables around us, and the service never wavered. We ended up staying, eating and drinking for over 4 hours, and did not feel hurried. The food was very tasty, fresh, and well presented; a special shout-out to the chef for his salmon ceviche. All in all a very special treat.Special Features:
- Date NightSMcDonald0302Dined on 7/25/2014Great place for a date night, the wine list is amazing and the waitress we had was very knowledgeable. Food was good but a little over priced depending upon what you order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 253 reviews are from the 20nine Restaurant & Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Very good...Desperado1019Dined on 7/24/2014This is our second time here. First time was better than the second. Had the dork burger and the bottom bun was too soggy before I finished. Also my fries were burnt the first time. Other than that great service by our waitress and great ambiance. Would come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than you would thinkLynsk510Dined on 7/22/2014I've been to 20nine several times now and have never been disappointed in the food quality or the service. The portions are more than ample. We had a special salad that was offered that night that had Fredericksburg peaches on top. It was very good. I would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surprise in Alamo Heights!Billw123Dined on 7/21/2014Outstanding food quality, service and ambience for a reasonable price !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014I found the food to be just okay. It was overpriced for the quality and value received. The wine I had was very good. I would recommend this as a good place for Happy Hour with some friends.Special Features:
- msmhaloDined on 7/19/2014The "Road Trip" is a great concept which allows you to try three samplings of wine within the same varietal. The wine choices seemed less common and more boutique. Each sampling is a little higher end as you get to the third glass. Helped me decide which wine I really liked instead of taking a chance as I usually do. They will also sell you a bottle of wine to take home at 50% off menu price. The food and service is excellent as well...absolutely nothing to complain about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014We have dined at 20nine many, many times and have always been impressed by the food, service, and overall experience--in fact it is usually one of our go-to spots for a quiet lunch/dinner when we can step out from the kids. I have to say that on this occasion, however, the food was pretty awful. Everything was SO salty. We had the hummus to start--both it and the Pita bread were almost too salty to eat. Warmed peach salad--again, very salty (which was strange for a salad). Had the blackened tilapia--overwhelming with salt/bitter taste. My wife had the pomodoro with chicken, and that was actually quite good. Big disappointment for us on this dine overall. The service and quiet ambiance were excellent as usual.Special Features:
- Awesome date night spotLatinstormDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I came here after several places had longer wait times than expected. Using open table allowed us to get seated immediately upon arrival. In addition to taking our drink order, water was provided within minutes of being seated. The menu provides enough of a variety to suit all palates. From those who are not adventurous to those with an eclectic palate. I really wanted to try the calamari since that is a favorite, but had to order the crabmeat and artichoke dip for the uniqueness and intriguing factor. I was not disappointed. My husband had the duck breast, medium, and was very pleased. I ordered shrimp pesto and was extremely happy. We also had 2 wine road trips. Loved our experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- niceDivaNerd77Dined on 7/18/2014It was a wonderful experience and will definitely consider coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WontgobackDined on 7/13/2014I had been to 20Nine twice before, w out of town guest and for my brother's birthday. We liked it so much and service was so good , we wanted to go back, but this time, service was the worst.Special Features:
- Not what I expected but is that badOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2014Menu descriptions need more. Started with almond crusted goat cheese. Didn't expect hot goat cheese with an almond powder. That wasn't too great as it creates a gritty feel in the mouth. Had grilled duck which was tasty but the duck confit risotto was too heavy and too much. Single carrot was the best thing on the plate. Wife had pomodoro pasta which she said lacked in flavor (needed garlic, salt, and more). I was satisfied with my duck and for the price was actually excellent. Highlight of the evening was the Malbec but it should be when it was 2/3 of the bill. I'd go back again but really only to drink not to eat as much since I only enjoyed 1/2 the meal. Maybe next time I'll try their bar and review again.
- Never made it to the food...OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/5/2014We came in on a Saturday night with a party of four. We were sat immediately. Unfortunately, we were never greeted by a server. They all saw us, but no one acknowledged us. It felt very pretentious and judgemental. After waiting for about 10 minutes, we left. It was the server's loss. My husband and I own a successful business and we both spent many years in the restaurant industry. They shouldn't be so quick to judge. Our business and our generous tip went elsewhere.
- Yelp Dictates AllBlinkDined on 6/30/2014Our server was very polite and professional, however I felt as though she was not very good at listening to us. One example of this was when she had asked if I would like a second glass of wine, my response was no, however she still brought over the bottle and began pouring me a second glass. A second example was when our plates were cleared and boxed up, she asked us if we would like some dessert. Once again, my guests and I responded no thank you we were ready for the check, however two minutes later, she came back with only the dessert menu. Ten minutes later, she returned and then asked us if we saw anything on the menu that was appetizing. We told her our response was no, and asked for the check once again.Special Features:
- Good Food, Bad Hostess Fair ServiceHawksFan12VIPDined on 6/30/2014We had a reservation at 20 Nine and when we arrived the hostess sat us at a table across from the bar. We asked if we could move back to the larger room of the restaurant and she told us the table back there was for a reservation. We said we had one and overall her attitude was not customer friendly. The food was very good and the wine list has a lot of choices. Our waitress was just OK, she did the basics but also seemed "distracted" during our time there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frequent DinerspurrickVIPDined on 6/27/2014This visit was great when it came to ambiance & service but the good was average. We have tried almost everything on menu but tonight's ahi tuna special was not great. It seemed to not be fresh. Rest of food was good but we look to uniqueness from Teenty9 bcz always so good. The scallop appetizer was great & always a hit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumLambyDined on 6/21/2014had a filet Mignon , tender and delicious, comes with potatoes and vegtables, nice portionsSpecial Features:
- enjoyamealVIPDined on 6/20/2014Lamb shank with goat cheese polenta was very good and the pork chop was moist, tender and flavorful. The roasted beet and baby carrot appetizer was very good, but a little pricey - great presentation though!
- Very niceTheDiners2Dined on 6/7/2014This was our first visit to 20nine. We truly enjoyed the food and the ambiance. The service was great. The only thing that put a damper on the evening: another party was seated very close to us. We could hear their conversations and we felt uncomfortable. This was the only thing that kept it from being a 5-star experience. (We were seated at a small 2-top under the Australia map.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECT PLACE!!!diningwithfriends29Dined on 6/6/2014I can't say enough about the food...servings where more than enough! Flavors were bursting with goodness! Service was outstanding in their kindness going over ever detail about the selections and suggestions what wine would pair well. I highly recommend 20Nine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely AMAZING!!!AmazingDined on 6/6/2014My wife and I went here for the first time to celebrate our 1yr "engageaversary" (as my wife calls it). Food, service, dining experience, people, atmosphere all were TOP NOTCH! Why have we never been here before??? Why have we never heard of this place??? We'll definitely be back. Fyi...must try the Duck Salad. It will blow your mind!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DosappointedspurrickVIPDined on 5/30/2014This was our 4th visit to 20nine & the food was great & we enjoyed a wine we had yet to try that was on point.great ambiance as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyamealVIPDined on 5/22/2014The beef & mushrooms with blue cheese linguini was so delicious and our server (Brian) was delightful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice EveningFooshDined on 5/22/2014Wanted a change of pace and this restaurant hit the spot. Great wine list. I really liked sampling three wines for the same price as a single glass. Service and food were excellent! Will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Great food, great wine, great service, great dining experience inside or on the patio.Special Features:
- Love your food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/16/2014I took my two daughters and grandson to dinner and we had a marvelous time. Our server was great and the food excellent. Kudos to the Chef for the Pepita Chicken Breast! It was a winner.Special Features:
- Great Findpaul59VIPDined on 5/13/2014During a business trip to San Antonio, I was looking for a non-chain restaurant in the airport area. 20nine certainly hit the spot, with a great selection of food and wine. The duck on risotto was excellent, served with a selection of sampler wines.Special Features:
- Great servicepcardinal7Dined on 5/11/2014Great service. Good food but somewhat Limited menu. Nice atmosphere and great selection of wines. Overall a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Polenta was SaltySaltyDined on 5/10/2014It was our 25th Wedding Anniversary and we drove in from Houston for the weekend. Made reservations before heading out. The restaurant was in a very upscale part of the city - the Quarry, and the waiters were very accommodating when I asked for more intimate seating. I ordered the Lamb Shank but was told that they offer Osso Buco instead. I was very happy because that is one of my favorite dishes. When the meal arrived the polenta was so salty that I shuddered and had to drink water immediately. When the waitress finally arrived, I told her about the excessive salt and she recommended mashed potatoes as a substitute. I really wanted polenta and felt that the chef could have come out and apologize. It was our Anniversary.Special Features:
- Second VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014This was our second visit to 20nine. We first visited restaurant in Dec of 2013 to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The second go round was just as fabulous, excellent service, great food and an outstanding wine list. We will tell family and friends about the restaurant and will definitely go back.Special Features: