207 S El Camino
San Clemente, CA 92672Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 9493696304
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: we offer a customized cater service for 2~200 guests. Call Pete Ortiz for details at (949)212-6087
- Private Party Facilities: 207 is dark on Sunday and Monday and we are closed for lunch, so the whole Chophouse is available for private luncheons or Sunday suppers.
- Private Party Contact: Pete Ortiz 9492126087
A word from 207 Chophouse
Welcome to 207 Chophouse! We are a family run Chophouse with a neighborhood feel. 207 specializes in Fresh fish, USDA Prime & Grade Steaks and other exotic meats. We use organic product when available. No MSG or GMO products ever! Our style is relaxed, with attention to details. 207 Chophouse has a Dog and Cigar friendly patio, an intimate dining room with an exposed wine room and a 500 gallon reef tank.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
207 Chophouse reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Disappointing, at best!KAL90Dined on 6/14/2014We had an expectation when we saw the name, "Chophouse." We enjoyed the outdoor seating, chatting with the owner and appreciated the attentive wait staff. However, you cannot call yourself a chophouse if you can't cook a steak. We ordered the 36 oz Porterhouse rare. It came medium well. When we sent it back, they told us they only had a small 24 oz thin steak left. We were the ONLY people in restaurant that's supposed to be a chophouse on a Saturday night at 5:30pm and they were out of steak??? The next steak came rare, but was such a poor cut, with gristle, sinew and fat that it was close to inedible. Absolutely WORST steak ever served in a restaurant. Although the waitress didn't charge us, the owner should consider a new chef!Special Features:
- The following 17 reviews are from the 207 Chophouse reviews archive.
- Our dinner was fantastic!loreefDined on 5/6/2014I have never given a review for a restaurant before, but I really wanted to say how wonderful our experience at 207 Chophouse was last week. When we arrived, no other diners were in the restaurant, so I was concerned that maybe the food would not be very good. I had requested a quite non smoking table and that is exactly what we received. My mother ordered chicken, I had pasta and my son had the Filet. We all could not believe how wonderful our meals were. I have no idea why this place wasn't packed with people. There is a nice patio outside (It was a cool windy night, so we were inside). Our service was excellent and the food was amazing. The next time I am in the area, I will be going back for another meal at 207 Chophouse!Special Features:
- Dinning with friendsdinningOutDined on 5/3/2014we had a great evening and enjoyed both food and great service. Staff was great with wine recommendation. We will go there very often. Reasonable prices.Special Features:
- 207 Chophouse ReviewcwrjrDined on 4/25/2014Recently decided to try this restaurant when we noticed it's name was changed to Chophouse 207 and was serving steaks. Steaks (Filet & Ribeye were very good and cooked properly. Service was very friendly but could have been a bit more attentive (drinks!). Intimate layout was comfortable and has a nice bar that you can also eat at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JMSEatsVIPDined on 4/23/2014Seemed like maybe a new concept for an existing location. Food was surprisingly excellent. Service was worst ever...anywhere. One menu for three people. Never brought requested water. Never refilled empty water. No offer of appetizer, salad or bread. No offer of dessert or coffee. Just brought main course and that was it, until we were requested to leave because the staff wanted to go home.Special Features:
- Local FindmcsuzeDined on 4/19/2014We were pleasantly surprised by the high quality of the food we ordered. The steak my husband got was massive and cooked just right. I ordered the fresh salmon and loved it. And the gorgonzola mashed potatoes ....need I say more? All of the staff saw to our needs and was very friendly and attentive. The ambience could use a bit of an upgrade, but the intimate setting really made us feel special. We were able to walk to the restaurant from our house. We enjoyed the stroll up Del Mar Street on a Saturday night and all the activity that was going on. Beach living at its' best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local GemRonRVIPDined on 4/17/2014If you haven't tried the 207 Chophouse in San Clemente, you're missing a treat. The food is excellent, and the prices are reasonable. Look at the good wine list, the prices are very reasonable. This is a local restaurant for us and we will return frequently. Dr RSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tomahawk Rib Eye SteakSurfdogDined on 4/11/2014Well, what can I say about the Rib Eye...it's a visual experience...and it's perfectly prepared every time...Pete and the gang have really upped the game at this place...and the artichoke hearts appetizer are delicious, as is the Blue Cheese Salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a very small restaurant,GastroVIPDined on 4/5/2014This is a very small restaurant, with only 7 tables. When we arrived on time, no table was available. After about 20 minutes we were finally seated and the food and service were great. An interesting note is that neither my wife nor I eat red meat....this is a chophouse! and some of the items on the menu were enormous hunks of beef at $50-75. Nonetheless, we were able to order a very satisfying meal. My chicken and pasta was very well prepared and my wife enjoyed her veggie plate.Special Features:
- Great SteaksNaranjaVIPDined on 3/28/2014Small eclectic spot with great ambience. It's a pleasure to find such good food with friendly helpful staff. We had delicious salads and great meat. I would forgo the lamb which was a little tough although it had a really good sauce and instead try the melt-in-your-mouth bone-in filet. Outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/15/2014Drove by this restaurant and never noticed it before. Thought we would give it a try as my daughter was in town and the reviews looked good. Sat down and from then on what a delicious surprise! Service was excellent and the Food was the best I have had in a long time and we eat out a lot; from the pesto type sauce to dip the bread in, to the Shrimp bacon skewer appetizer to the out of this world dinner, could not have been more please. I shared a 32oz bone in rib eye with my son, and they even brought my own side dishes so didn't have to share, my husband had rack of lamb in a sauce that I was surprised he didn't lick the plate, to my daughters filet mignon, in a red wine reduction sauce. Can't wait to take more people there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tomahawk RibeyeSurfdogDined on 3/15/2014Wow...loved it. More then enough for two. Love the blue cheese salad. Go go goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedKenNDined on 3/14/2014I was ready great things about 207 and looked forward to going. We had been several times to the sister restaurant next door, Teqila, and enjoyed that tremendously. I made a 7:15 reservation about 20 minutes earlier on Open Table. When we arrived, the place was packed. The waitress/hostess asked us to wait a minute or so while she helped people sitting at the bar. She was surprised about the reservation and asked us to sit on the patio until a table was ready. It became quite obvious when looking through the window that a table would not be ready for some time, so we slipped out and went back next door where we were warmly welcomed and quickly seated. Too bad, as I hear the food is really good at 207. Maybe some other time.
- Fit for FoodiesDanutsDined on 3/8/2014Our college kid was home visiting and craved a great steak. We searched and found 207 Chophouse. What a great find! The food was excellent. Large portions. Very reasonable prices. Friendly service. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gemhiddengemVIPDined on 3/6/2014I am a steak lover from the eat coast. Never thought I could find a place that could beat east coast (NYC) steak houses. I was wrong; 207 Chophouse has the best steak (tomahawk) in all of Orange County. Wait service was average, but the menu (the artichoke and mushroom appetizers are to die for) and Pete the owner's charm tops off the evening. Please don't share too widely, since I would like this place to be one of the best kept secrets of OC, more closely San ClementeSpecial Features:
- It was my husband birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2014It was my husband birthday and we decided to go to the 207 Chophouse for dinner. The food was fabulous!! We will definitely be eating there more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A cozy gem of a find and good value2dineforVIPDined on 2/14/2014Booked last minute for Valentine's and was a pleasant, unexpected surprise. Greeted by the owner who could not have been more pleasant and accomodating. Had pre-dinner cocktails next door at sister resturauant, (Tequila's), because 207 only able to serve beer and wine. The hand poured margarita's with organic tequila was one of the best I have had. Served us chips, salsa and 'Mexican Caviar' aka. refired beans. Back to 207 for dinner; seated in dining room of 8 total tables. We shared a 42ounce bone in ribeye that was incredible, prepared perfectly. Wedge salad large enough for 2, and had an spicy dressing twist. Night capped off with chocolate covered strawberries. Will definitely return to this wonderful find, a great dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remarkable surprise!DaveDined on 2/14/2014We enjoyed the petit syrah and pinot grigio from the wine list, the grilled Ono was fabulous, as was the KC strip steak. Our waiter was friendly and attentive, although probably somewhat overworked on St. Valentine's Day evening. We will be back to the Chop House. It was worth the trip.Special Features: