20 Manning Grill fka Twenty Manning
261 South 20th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
20 Manning Grill fka Twenty Manning
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.twentymanninggrill.com/
- Phone: 2157310900x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kiong Banh
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for availability & details.
- Private Party Contact: Jillian Encarnacion 2157310900x
A word from 20 Manning Grill fka Twenty Manning
Nestled in the center of majestic brownstones, contemporary cafés & the natural beauty of Rittenhouse Square sits Twenty Manning. If cosmopolitan is what you're looking for, Twenty Manning is the place. From the modern, gorgeous dining room, the intimate lounge & the lively outdoor cafe to the large, sensual bar, Twenty Manning hosts a location for every diner's taste. Beloved Chef Kiong Banh draws upon his culinary expertise to create an innovative twist on American fare. No delivery trucks here; Chef Banh spends every morning at the markets, hand-selecting each fresh ingredient that goes into his Asian-influenced selections. He even adds fresh herbs from his own personal garden to enhance his unique entrees. Twenty Manning is the second venture for the restaurateur, Audrey Claire, who's other namesake restaurant sits across the street. For reservations (Sunday thru Thursday only) at Audrey Claire please call: 215.731.1222.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
20 Manning Grill fka Twenty Manning reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (66)fit for foodies (52)great for outdoor dining (37)romantic (35)special occasion (29)vibrant bar scene (25)hot spot (21)good for groups (19)late-night find (10)notable wine list (10)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- AMAZING!DirtyDozenDined on 9/19/2014Wonderful time dining during Restaurant week. Snagged a last minute Friday night reservation with my girlfriend and we were not disappointed. The calamari salad and the crab cake were amazing! The pork entree dish was cooked to perfection. I am not a big peaches fan but these were so delicious! Our server and overall experience was great! Only complaint they ran out the salmon but honestly a good overall experience!Special Features:
- Meh.shortlegsarahDined on 9/19/2014I wanted to like this place, since my companions were not excited about coming and I love proving people wrong. But in the end, I was wrong. The ambiance was lovely, it had a bright, fun interior with lighting just dim enough to set the mood. The waitstaff was efficient, not overly friendly, but timely. The wine list was extensive, we ordered a bottle of Italian Merlot for the table which was fairly good. Everything was going well until the food arrived. All courses were edible but boring and unimaginative. My entree, mushroom ravioli, was small (three large ravioli, scarcely enough for a meal) and terribly greasy. My companions ordered massive burgers, which were so salty they were hard to eat. Not a memorable experience, a solid "meh".Special Features:
- Great night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014Went with some friends before the comedy show because it was close. Turned out to be a great pick! Very open, bright and airy.....we were limited to the restaurant week menu but the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinner for Restaurant WeekSusanVIPDined on 9/16/2014I can't say enough about how outstanding the menu selection was and our specific meal. Beet salad was fresh and plentiful red and yellow beets with goat cheese...Yummmm! Our entree, Scottish Salmon was perfectly cooked with a wonderful crustiness. The fresh vegetables were so flavorful I would swear they sculpted butter in to florets of cauliflower. Best dinner in ages!!!Special Features:
- Great dinner, a little noisyHappyeaterDined on 9/13/2014I love this restaurant, the food, the ambiance and decor, the staff - everything - but - it's noisy. It was a chilly night, and we were initially seated under an air conditioning duct, so we asked to move - the other table was indeed "warmer", but also closer to the bar - which is noisy - so that's the only detraction - becomes a bit hard to converse easily with the other members of your party - but all in all, a good experience - great drinks too!Special Features:
- Great surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014The waitstaff food and drinks just perfect. Wonderful variety in top notch dishes. I've walked past here many times to see it packed. Thanks to restaurant week I will continue to patronize and be apart of the packed house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The food was absolutely delicious!! We went there for center city restaurant week and absolutely loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SethDined on 9/9/2014Thought the food and ambience were just terrific. Great value menu for restaurant week as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High Quality food and serviceLynnDined on 9/7/2014We recently dined during restaurant week and the selections for each course were varied and outstanding! The atmosphere with the windows that open completely and the neighborhood feel make 20 Manning Grill a great place to go for visitors to Philadelphia that makes them feel like they actually live in the neighborhood. Service was wonderful and their handcrafted cocktails are to die for!! We live in Florida and make a point to go there everytime we come to town even with larger groups (college graduation dinner last year).Special Features:
- Good but noisyLarInPhillyDined on 9/6/2014Let me just say first, I just had my hearing tested and the doctor said it is perfectly normal. That said, by half way through my entree my gf and I had given up trying to talk, it was just too noisy. This with a 9:15 p.m. res. Food - delicious. I had the pork chop which I should have specified I like it a bit less well done. But the sauteed brussel sprouts with the blue cheese / rutabaga dressing were terrific. The gazpacho soup was excellent with the basil pineapple sorbet drop. Our server, Brigit, was very helpful with the menu and always very attentive without being overly so.Special Features:
- Waaaay too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/6/2014We could barely hear our own conversation and felt like we were yelling at one another the entire time. Food was okay though one of our party ordered the duck and reported about 5 bites of meat on the serving. Another in our party of 4 stated his medium rare lamb was very medium - way too cooked.
- 20 Manning RocksDinerDined on 9/2/2014Enjoyed yet another great meal at 20 Manning. The oysters from the raw bar were great, the tuna entree was excellent and the Victory Headwaters Pale Ale flowed well. Never had anything but wonderful food and service here.Special Features:
- Great food, great service!Good1VIPDined on 8/31/2014We very much enjoyed our dinner at 20 Manning. The service was exceptional, and the food was fabulous and atmosphere warm and inviting. The rye rolls were to die for, the pork belly appetizer was divine.Main dishes: Asian beef noodle, pork chop and roast chicken all very good. Roasted brussel sprouts were cooked to perfection. Looking forward to a return visit the next time I am in Philly.Special Features:
- My ears are still ringingVinsMomVIPDined on 8/27/2014I love the food but the noise level is outrageous. The outdoor tables were full so we had to eat inside. I had a tough time hearing the waitress when she spoke to us, it's crazy. A fair number of our friends won't eat there anymore, because it's so loud. Sad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something missingIWasHungryDined on 8/22/2014We had a reservation and were seated right away, which is always appreciated. Our server was very nice and helpful. We enjoyed everything we ordered, but nothing really stood out. I would go back, but it's not at the top of my list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemAMeatsDined on 8/16/2014A friend who lives in Philly recommended 20 Manning to me. I was staying in Center City with my boyfriend for the weekend and we wanted a nice place for dinner, with good food that wasn't absurdly expensive. We live in NYC, so by our standards this was a good price for a special occasion dinner--definitely not inexpensive, but for delicious and creative dishes and one of the best glasses of chardonnay I've ever had, it was spot on. it's a little noisey, so not really first-date-ideal, but to enjoy good food and drinks in a casual, vibrant setting with a friend or significant other, it's perfect.Special Features:
- Loud and just okBluecrabDined on 8/2/2014Saturday evening dinner with reservation. Table was ready, by window, servers were prompt. Decent wine list and bottle we chose was quite good at price. This restaurant was excessively loud due to bar running length of interior with no separation from tables - so much so that it was quite difficult to carry on a conversation. Also, the font on the menu is so small that neither of us could read it given the relatively low lighting. Uneven is the best way to describe The food. My wedge salad was quite good. My wife ordered a caprese - no balsamic and no olive oil, tomatoes bland. For mains, my wife's scallop dish was excellent despite only three scallops, my pork was dry and tasteless and Brussels sprout were cold. Desserts were great.Special Features:
- A true gemKmil321VIPDined on 8/1/2014I adore 20 manning, the food is great and has lots of options for picky eaters. The ambiance is my favorite part, the interior design and color palette is spectacular. It's laid back yet refined. The cocktail list is AMAZING. Lovely for a date or for your family to have a quiet dinner in an energetic environment. Also great for people watching, a classy crowd mostly because it is located in one of the cutest neighborhoods in the city.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/23/2014Great food and nice spot, but the noise level is deafening.Special Features:
- Year round perfectionDeelongDined on 7/18/2014You can never go wrong at 20 M! Sent my boss here with a friend and his wife. Their needs ranged from gluten free to 4 months pregnant, and they all found exactly what they wanted. Felt the attention from staff was fabulous. I can recommend with complete confidence!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent diningMichellesDadreviewsDined on 7/17/2014Food, drinks and ambiance were all excellent. Service was top notch. Only negative, not directed at the restaurant is difficult in finding parking in the area. Not bad enough to deter us from coming back.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood find!DrJonVIPDined on 7/12/2014Just moved to the Graduate Hospital/Rittenhouse area and am looking for local dining. Twenty Manning was a perfect choice for a Saturday summer evening. We dined on the Manning Street side and had delicious rack of lamb accompanied by roasted radishes…a great way to prepare this summer veggie. I will definitely go again!Special Features:
- Fantastic as alwaysAdamDined on 7/11/2014I've eaten here 3 times now and it never ceases to impress. My date had never been and she loved it. We are both bourbon lovers so the drinks - the TMG old fashioned and the formula 46 - were perfect for us. Hopefully, I'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningjj11Dined on 7/4/2014Sitting outside in July? Weather was beautiful and food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor dining was a pleasurePapilioDined on 7/4/2014We enjoyed sitting at tables on the sidewalk, facing Manning Street. The service and cuisine pleased us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great crab cake and crab appetizer.CalianaDined on 6/15/2014Succulent scallops. Yummy fruit desserts. Very friendly management. Not crowded at all on Sunday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodiedudieVIPDined on 6/7/2014Love the indoor/outdoor easy feel of this place. Dinner was fine…consistent, uncomplicated food. I always get beets or chopped salad and scallops.My friend loves the salmon. Good burgers here too. Bar is always lively and seems to be the place to eat. I do wish they would change up the menu a little more, periodically, or add a couple specials other than the daily. At least they changed the prep with scallops to a chorizo succotash, but I loved the spinach that was prior accompaniment.Special Features:
- A good find!IzzyVIPDined on 6/5/2014Visiting from out of town and came across this very nice restaurant which is convenient to Rittenhouse Square and nearby hotels. Only fault was our server could have been more friendly and less cold.Special Features:
- Excellent, as alwaysrlp82Dined on 6/1/2014This is my favorite restaurant in the city and our recent visit for our wedding anniversary didn't disappoint. Love the slightly upscale casual atmosphere and the food is always delicious. Friendly service, great drink selections, fantastic oysters ... wonderful experience every time.Special Features:
- Even Better the Second TimeyogalisciousDined on 5/31/2014That gazpacho with the pineapple sorbet floating in the middle is genius and while I worried that the stir fry would be boring, it was so fresh and the curry sauce so flavorful, it was way better than expected. The burger, while I didn't have it, looked amazing. The first time I went, there were a bunch of groups and it was really noisy and didn't feel very special. This time it was energetic but not nuts and it was a lovely night.Special Features:
- The following 977 reviews are from the 20 Manning Grill fka Twenty Manning reviews archive.
- Underwhelming restaurantAlfafanDined on 5/16/2014Attractive enough, but uncomfortably noisy. Mediocre food not worth the price. Potstickers: on par with the local take-out joint. Scallop ceviche: no seafood flavor. Wild mushroom ravioli (my entree): tough and dry. The Riesling was delicious… at $11 a glass. I won't return to 20 Manning.Special Features:
- OverratedZibsDined on 5/16/2014Overrated pretty much sums it up. Food was meh, drink portions are tiny for what they charge, and we just happened to get a really annoying, anxious waitress. Cool decor inside.
- Solid but not greatfoodieguruVIPDined on 5/14/2014This place is pretty good. Solid menu, lots of options, and they point out what is gluten free or could be made gluten free, which was a plus for me. It took over 20 minutes for the bar to make our drinks which wasn't cool and my mom's dish was stone cold, but they happily took it back to the kitchen. Overall, a solid spot, but definitely not a favorite for a foodie like me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience.NateDined on 5/7/2014I went here with a few guys from my firm. We got some apps, signature cocktails and entres so we really got to experience the place. Everything was on point - food, drinks, and service. Recommended highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Rittenhouse Square gem!DocMDined on 5/2/2014Always my "go to" option for a meal in an upscale, vibrant restaurant, at a price that doesn't break the bank.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantmjwpDined on 5/1/2014We loved our visit to 20 Manning. Very good food. Very fun neighborhood and excellent serviceSpecial Features:
- AROUN D THE CORNERGLOBABYVIPDined on 4/28/2014IN OUR BACK Yard, nice local hangout,,a little high in cost for neighborhood place, but it is center city..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but loud!Reagan1Dined on 4/26/2014We tried the restaurant on a whim and were not disappointed. The service was informed, warm, and efficient. The food was outstanding, especially the duck confit with spinach and grapefruit. The only downside was the noise. We sat down at 7:30 and there was a nice energy in the room. By 8:15, we couldn't hear each other. By 8:20, we had to get out. I would certainly recommend the restaurant, but would also advise an earlier reservation.Special Features:
- A solid favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2014A great date place with lots of energy. It's casual but exciting, the menu isn't too crowded. I recommend ordering a few smalls plates so you can sample a bit of everything. Full of flavor and very fun.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014We had a wonderful visit. The noise level was high at times especially as there was a very yappy dog at one of the outdoor tables and the windows were open. Food was great although our son's lamb was cooked a little more than the medium rare he requested. Overall it was a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.