20 Manning Grill fka Twenty Manning
261 South 20th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
20 Manning Grill fka Twenty Manning
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.twentymanninggrill.com/
- Phone: 2157310900x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kiong Banh
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for availability & details.
- Private Party Contact: Jillian Encarnacion 2157310900x
A word from 20 Manning Grill fka Twenty Manning
Nestled in the center of majestic brownstones, contemporary cafés & the natural beauty of Rittenhouse Square sits Twenty Manning. If cosmopolitan is what you're looking for, Twenty Manning is the place. From the modern, gorgeous dining room, the intimate lounge & the lively outdoor cafe to the large, sensual bar, Twenty Manning hosts a location for every diner's taste. Beloved Chef Kiong Banh draws upon his culinary expertise to create an innovative twist on American fare. No delivery trucks here; Chef Banh spends every morning at the markets, hand-selecting each fresh ingredient that goes into his Asian-influenced selections. He even adds fresh herbs from his own personal garden to enhance his unique entrees. Twenty Manning is the second venture for the restaurateur, Audrey Claire, who's other namesake restaurant sits across the street. For reservations (Sunday thru Thursday only) at Audrey Claire please call: 215.731.1222.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
20 Manning Grill fka Twenty Manning reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (59)fit for foodies (36)great for outdoor dining (35)romantic (29)special occasion (26)vibrant bar scene (26)hot spot (21)good for groups (16)late-night find (10)notable wine list (7)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great food, great service!Good1VIPDined on 8/31/2014We very much enjoyed our dinner at 20 Manning. The service was exceptional, and the food was fabulous and atmosphere warm and inviting. The rye rolls were to die for, the pork belly appetizer was divine.Main dishes: Asian beef noodle, pork chop and roast chicken all very good. Roasted brussel sprouts were cooked to perfection. Looking forward to a return visit the next time I am in Philly.Special Features:
- My ears are still ringingVinsMomVIPDined on 8/27/2014I love the food but the noise level is outrageous. The outdoor tables were full so we had to eat inside. I had a tough time hearing the waitress when she spoke to us, it's crazy. A fair number of our friends won't eat there anymore, because it's so loud. Sad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something missingIWasHungryDined on 8/22/2014We had a reservation and were seated right away, which is always appreciated. Our server was very nice and helpful. We enjoyed everything we ordered, but nothing really stood out. I would go back, but it's not at the top of my list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemAMeatsDined on 8/16/2014A friend who lives in Philly recommended 20 Manning to me. I was staying in Center City with my boyfriend for the weekend and we wanted a nice place for dinner, with good food that wasn't absurdly expensive. We live in NYC, so by our standards this was a good price for a special occasion dinner--definitely not inexpensive, but for delicious and creative dishes and one of the best glasses of chardonnay I've ever had, it was spot on. it's a little noisey, so not really first-date-ideal, but to enjoy good food and drinks in a casual, vibrant setting with a friend or significant other, it's perfect.Special Features:
- Loud and just okBluecrabDined on 8/2/2014Saturday evening dinner with reservation. Table was ready, by window, servers were prompt. Decent wine list and bottle we chose was quite good at price. This restaurant was excessively loud due to bar running length of interior with no separation from tables - so much so that it was quite difficult to carry on a conversation. Also, the font on the menu is so small that neither of us could read it given the relatively low lighting. Uneven is the best way to describe The food. My wedge salad was quite good. My wife ordered a caprese - no balsamic and no olive oil, tomatoes bland. For mains, my wife's scallop dish was excellent despite only three scallops, my pork was dry and tasteless and Brussels sprout were cold. Desserts were great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/23/2014Great food and nice spot, but the noise level is deafening.Special Features:
- Year round perfectionDeelongDined on 7/18/2014You can never go wrong at 20 M! Sent my boss here with a friend and his wife. Their needs ranged from gluten free to 4 months pregnant, and they all found exactly what they wanted. Felt the attention from staff was fabulous. I can recommend with complete confidence!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent diningMichellesDadreviewsDined on 7/17/2014Food, drinks and ambiance were all excellent. Service was top notch. Only negative, not directed at the restaurant is difficult in finding parking in the area. Not bad enough to deter us from coming back.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood find!DrJonVIPDined on 7/12/2014Just moved to the Graduate Hospital/Rittenhouse area and am looking for local dining. Twenty Manning was a perfect choice for a Saturday summer evening. We dined on the Manning Street side and had delicious rack of lamb accompanied by roasted radishes…a great way to prepare this summer veggie. I will definitely go again!Special Features:
- Fantastic as alwaysAdamDined on 7/11/2014I've eaten here 3 times now and it never ceases to impress. My date had never been and she loved it. We are both bourbon lovers so the drinks - the TMG old fashioned and the formula 46 - were perfect for us. Hopefully, I'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningjj11Dined on 7/4/2014Sitting outside in July? Weather was beautiful and food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor dining was a pleasurePapilioDined on 7/4/2014We enjoyed sitting at tables on the sidewalk, facing Manning Street. The service and cuisine pleased us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great crab cake and crab appetizer.CalianaDined on 6/15/2014Succulent scallops. Yummy fruit desserts. Very friendly management. Not crowded at all on Sunday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodiedudieVIPDined on 6/7/2014Love the indoor/outdoor easy feel of this place. Dinner was fine…consistent, uncomplicated food. I always get beets or chopped salad and scallops.My friend loves the salmon. Good burgers here too. Bar is always lively and seems to be the place to eat. I do wish they would change up the menu a little more, periodically, or add a couple specials other than the daily. At least they changed the prep with scallops to a chorizo succotash, but I loved the spinach that was prior accompaniment.Special Features:
- A good find!IzzyVIPDined on 6/5/2014Visiting from out of town and came across this very nice restaurant which is convenient to Rittenhouse Square and nearby hotels. Only fault was our server could have been more friendly and less cold.Special Features:
- Excellent, as alwaysrlp82Dined on 6/1/2014This is my favorite restaurant in the city and our recent visit for our wedding anniversary didn't disappoint. Love the slightly upscale casual atmosphere and the food is always delicious. Friendly service, great drink selections, fantastic oysters ... wonderful experience every time.Special Features:
- Even Better the Second TimeyogalisciousDined on 5/31/2014That gazpacho with the pineapple sorbet floating in the middle is genius and while I worried that the stir fry would be boring, it was so fresh and the curry sauce so flavorful, it was way better than expected. The burger, while I didn't have it, looked amazing. The first time I went, there were a bunch of groups and it was really noisy and didn't feel very special. This time it was energetic but not nuts and it was a lovely night.Special Features:
- Underwhelming restaurantAlfafanDined on 5/16/2014Attractive enough, but uncomfortably noisy. Mediocre food not worth the price. Potstickers: on par with the local take-out joint. Scallop ceviche: no seafood flavor. Wild mushroom ravioli (my entree): tough and dry. The Riesling was delicious… at $11 a glass. I won't return to 20 Manning.Special Features:
- OverratedZibsDined on 5/16/2014Overrated pretty much sums it up. Food was meh, drink portions are tiny for what they charge, and we just happened to get a really annoying, anxious waitress. Cool decor inside.
- Solid but not greatfoodieguruVIPDined on 5/14/2014This place is pretty good. Solid menu, lots of options, and they point out what is gluten free or could be made gluten free, which was a plus for me. It took over 20 minutes for the bar to make our drinks which wasn't cool and my mom's dish was stone cold, but they happily took it back to the kitchen. Overall, a solid spot, but definitely not a favorite for a foodie like me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 974 reviews are from the 20 Manning Grill fka Twenty Manning reviews archive.
- Great dining experience.NateDined on 5/7/2014I went here with a few guys from my firm. We got some apps, signature cocktails and entres so we really got to experience the place. Everything was on point - food, drinks, and service. Recommended highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Rittenhouse Square gem!DocMDined on 5/2/2014Always my "go to" option for a meal in an upscale, vibrant restaurant, at a price that doesn't break the bank.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantmjwpDined on 5/1/2014We loved our visit to 20 Manning. Very good food. Very fun neighborhood and excellent serviceSpecial Features:
- AROUN D THE CORNERGLOBABYVIPDined on 4/28/2014IN OUR BACK Yard, nice local hangout,,a little high in cost for neighborhood place, but it is center city..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but loud!Reagan1Dined on 4/26/2014We tried the restaurant on a whim and were not disappointed. The service was informed, warm, and efficient. The food was outstanding, especially the duck confit with spinach and grapefruit. The only downside was the noise. We sat down at 7:30 and there was a nice energy in the room. By 8:15, we couldn't hear each other. By 8:20, we had to get out. I would certainly recommend the restaurant, but would also advise an earlier reservation.Special Features:
- A solid favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2014A great date place with lots of energy. It's casual but exciting, the menu isn't too crowded. I recommend ordering a few smalls plates so you can sample a bit of everything. Full of flavor and very fun.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014We had a wonderful visit. The noise level was high at times especially as there was a very yappy dog at one of the outdoor tables and the windows were open. Food was great although our son's lamb was cooked a little more than the medium rare he requested. Overall it was a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice mealBlonde79Dined on 4/26/2014We enjoyed a delicious dinner here before attending a concert near by. The gazpacho is great! We also enjoyed the snack of olives with citrus. I had the mushroom ravioli and my husband had the rack of lamb. The ravioli was very tasty and the crispy sage leaves added a nice touch. The lamb was cooked a little longer than how my husband likes it, but it was still tasty. We shared a berry cobbler, which we enjoyed because it was not overly sweet. All the servers were very attentive and pleasant. We look forward to dining here again.Special Features:
- Deafening Noise on a Friday NightMickeyVIPDined on 4/25/2014$It's nice that it is popular and crowded with young people, but the noise level was uncomfortable and my friend and I could not hold a conversation. Mussels, a salad and one glass of wine came to $50, which seemed a bit much. On the plus side, service was good and the mozzarella and tomato salad was generous and very good.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great Waiter, Busboy??LHT3Dined on 4/25/2014Had a great time at 20 Manning entertaining my son and his new girl friend over from Penn. Food was excellent. Waiter was the same. But after we finished, the guy who cleared our table (busboy?) came in with an attitude. Grabbing plates and glasses, nearly dropped a knife in my lap, asking diners to hand him dishes. He was rude, brusque and nearly ruined a great evening. To 20 Manning's credit, when I shared our experience with the waiter, they took something off the bill. I'd definitely go back and hope that I get someone else clearing my table.Special Features:
- Excellent experiencezawalibearDined on 4/17/2014I have been to Audrey Claire with my boyfriend and a few friends months prior. I contacted our friend who suggested the reaturant for that night when my boyfriends bday was coming up, knowing she is very knowledgable about great food in the city. 20 manning was on her list of recommendations. When I saw the menu online and saw the set up of the restaurant I was sold! So glad we went because it did not disappoint. The food was excellent, we got the calamari, wedge fries, pot stickers, oysters, and crab cake to start with. My favorite were the oysters and crab cake, the oysters were so fresh, and the crab cake was so meaty and had an amazing side sauce!!! We got the beef noodles for dinner and 1/2baked cookie for dessert. Wow. DELICIOUS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectThereurptVIPDined on 4/12/2014My only complaint is that for some reason they kept turning the music up really loud for about 30 seconds and then turning it back down again. It was like listening to a teenager and his mom fight over the car radio. Otherwise, the food was good, but some of the portioning was confusing. The olive app was enough for 10 people, while the butternut squash ravioli entre was amazing, but very small for an entre.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should do better...ChickieBVIPDined on 4/11/2014Location, location, location. That's what brought us here, right off Rittenhouse Square. The menu was full of interesting appetizers and side dishes, but the entrees were a lackluster bunch. The burger I had was one of the best I've had in town, and my roasted tomato soup had a bright, rich flavor. But the noise level was pretty ridiculous. There are hard surfaces on the floor, ceiling, walls and upholstery, so none of the busy bar scene was muted. Service was painfully slow, and a side-dish showed up so long after our mains that we'd forgotten all about it. Maybe it was an off night for the kitchen, but they should be able to handle a mealtime without a 25-minute lag. Manning needs to do better to get my business again.Special Features:
- All around pleasant experiencenickyd52Dined on 4/9/2014Interesting variety of food choices, lovely presentation, with much attention and good advice from servers. Tried the pork chop upon recommendation - excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- understated, relaxing, gluten-free-OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014understated, relaxing, gluten-free-friendly, good portions, solid food without hoopla, sports on the bar's tvSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, friendly serviceEstroVIPDined on 3/28/2014I really enjoy this place. their food is good and the service is friendly. wish the service would have been faster, but overall had a good experience there. It's too noisy though...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!mgf1020VIPDined on 3/25/2014I live in the neighborhood and go to 20 Manning frequently. Each time is a great experience! This time, I had 3 friends come in from the suburbs and we all enjoyed the food. The half-baked toll house cookie (with ice cream) for dessert is amazing...enough to share, unless you are still hungry!Special Features:
- Very good food not bad over allJoetVIPDined on 3/20/2014Had very good bison burger and nice apps, wife had a nice salad and salmon. Service was indifferent. Wines by the glass decent. Decent value for the money- better service would improve overall impression but food good enough that I'd try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2014The menu is diverse and the food is interesting and delicious.Special Features:
- Always consistent!mgf1020VIPDined on 3/14/201420 Manning is always consistent! The food and service are top notch and I will continue to go back.Special Features: