Two West Street
New York, NY 10004Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/BatteryPark/Dining/2WestRestaurant/Default.htm
- Phone: (917) 790-2525
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Mon- Fri 6:30am - 11:00am, Sat and Sun 7am -11:30am
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm;
Lunch Daily: Mon-Fri 11:00am - 2:30pm, Sat 11:30-2:30pm
Dinner Daily: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: James Dangler
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Prix-fix menu available for private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Sue Reidy (917)790-2571x
A word from 2 West
2WEST is a modern American bistro featuring expertly and simply prepared dishes. The menu is highlighted by an array of flavorful and classic comfort foods including: Pan Seared Strip Bass,Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon and Tagliatelle Shrimp Carbonara. Restaurant Chef James Dangler uses fresh regional ingredients to accent the menu and award-winning pastry chef Laurent Richard creates tempting and delicious desserts. 2WEST has a spacious and elegant atmosphere with large floor to ceiling windows.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
2 West reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (5)romantic (4)special occasion (4)great for lunch (4)neighborhood gem (4)scenic view (4)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (3)fit for foodies (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)good for groups (1)Show More
- Good Business BreakfastDiningWriterVIPDined on 10/14/2014OK if business meeting runs long and endless juice refills
- Battery Park ManhattangopackgoDined on 10/4/2014Outstanding food, exceptional service, and a very friendly staff. My wife and I had two great days in Manhattan and choose to eat at 2 West Friday and Saturday nights. Each night the meals were fantastic and I will be going back when I am back in NY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleKashewDined on 9/20/2014I was very disappointed. The food was terrible!! I had ordinary crab cake and a shrimp pasta that was like glue. The other two people in the party also had below average food. The service was poor as well. We were totally ignored. We didn't bother to have dessert and had to pour our own wine.Special Features:
- Very Hidden But Worth FindingOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 9/2/2014Seems to be often relatively empty but solid fare combined with great service. Excellent Foie Gras and Long Island Duck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very friendlyLenore512Dined on 8/8/2014Great service and amazing staff. Food was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 West - Too Hard to Findzazie86VIPDined on 8/8/2014It was so frustratingly difficult to find 2 West, the restaurant within the Ritz Carlton Battery Park (How about a sign outside the hotel?) that the host had to do a lot to calm me down. Kudos to him. He also seated us in the quietest section of the restaurant, as requested. It seems that 2 West draws a young crowd; one of the three televisions over the bar had on a little league game. The Restaurant Week menu was fairly tasty. My meal featured round tuna tartare with 4 gaufrette chips (Can you spare it?), bacon wrapped around the round, very tender filet mignon (minus the bacon) and round key lime pie, a bit too tart. Pretty good service added to a pleasant evening at the restaurant. Getting to and fro was not so pleasant.Special Features:
- Bentley 2014Bently2014Dined on 8/1/2014The food was excellent would highly recommend this restaurant for fine dining. The service was very good and smooth. They have parking if you don't want to look around. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- The following 227 reviews are from the 2 West reviews archive.
- Disappointing!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014From the start, disappointing. We asked to be seated in a room near windows, but were told that there was a large party in that room. We were seated in a dark corner of the restaurant near a large party. We continued to see new arrivals being seated in the other room at individual tables. If there was another reason not to be seated, we were not told (hotel / condo guests only, no restaurant week patrons). No wine / drink list was offered, and we were left with only tap water. After placing order for food, we received first course and then entrees, all cold (onion soup, steak, fish). After entrees were completed, we waited for over half an hour only to discover that our wait person had left for the day.
- 2 WestLiving2EatButIEat2LiveDined on 7/24/20142 West has a great atmosphere. Perfect for a dinner date. The service is on point as well as the food. Waiters stay on their job as well as the servers. The food came in a timely fashion and not too hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great places and excellent serviceDexcpa88Dined on 7/15/2014We got married at city hall before lunch and they took great care of us!! Free Champagne and excellent service and food was very good as well. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to Ritz Standards...InTheAreaDined on 6/28/2014As a native New Yorker, with an abundance of outstanding food choices, you rarely consider a hotel restaurant as an option. And if u do,it had better be a top quality hotel, which is why we gave 2 West in the Ritz Carlton Battery Park a chance. Simply said, back to the drawing board. Upon arrival on a Sat night you'd expect a vibrant atmosphere with top quality host & staff interaction, this wasnt the case.In fact, I immediately noticed multiple cell phone chargers near the wait staff areas which made me feel they were itching to close. While the servers & food were ok, neither stood out, by any means. In all, our party of 4 agreed that it'd be a good option only if u flew from Europe all day and wanted a quick bite before heading to bed.
- Great foodnobyDined on 5/26/2014It is reasonably priced good tasty food. I wished I could eat several dishes but it could not, as the quantity is more than enough. Not many people was there as it locates inside of Ritz carlton. Waiters were friendly.Special Features:
- Will be backOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 5/20/2014Great service combined with terrific food - try the tuna tartare appetizer!Special Features:
- Solid!OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 5/2/2014Not well advertised at all so getting a table was a breeze. Loved the Foie Gras and Tuna Tartare appetizers and the Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon and Duck entrees. Service was also terrific.Special Features:
- Could have been better...NYCfoodieVIPDined on 4/30/2014I would have hoped for more from this restaurant. The ambiance was quite plain, and looked like a hotel restaurant. The service was NOT great, and in fact I would say that the service would be a reason that I would not return. It felt like we were being RUSHED out of the restaurant (and it was not crowded.) The host was not only not pleasant, but rude. As a New Yorker, with all of the other restaurants in NYC, I would not recommend this restaurant.
- Neglected GemLIwrenDined on 4/20/2014On Easter night it was quiet The service at table was very good but where we were asked to wait for a table to be cleared (we had reserved a table for five) was dirty and messy with Easter candy remaining on the floor - which surprised us, since 2 West is in a Ritz-Carlton hotel. The food - striped bass, duck and filet mignon - were considered good by all of us. The best item I had was the Big Apple salad, a mix of mesclun, nuts and crisp vegetables in vinaigrette. Prices were modest, compared with other Manhattan restaurants. This place is nearly unlisted and deserves to be found; it's in a pleasant spot across from Wagner Park and would please visitors to the Battery Park area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine but nothing specialchuckmac07VIPDined on 4/9/2014nice menu & well-prepared food in bland setting. server hovered annoyingly the entire meal: LEAVE US ALONE! we'll signal if we need something. restaurant was 1/2 empty yet we were stuck on back wall when plenty of window seats with views were available. Ritz usually gets service right; not this time...I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFoodie06Dined on 3/7/2014We stayed in a nice room in the hotel and were very disappointed with our overall experience. We were traveling without kids and wanted a nice romantic and quiet dinner and were seated in the upper part of the restaurant near the bar and near some families. We asked while seated if we could be seated in the lower portion and the maitre d' wasn't very friendly and told us it was closed for another hour. About 15 min later we noticed they started seating people below and didn't ask if we wanted to move etc. Overall very disappointing and loud.
- Okay Hotel RestaurantSomeGuyDined on 2/28/2014Overall, a good restaurant but not worth the price given the abundance of alternatives available to a local diner (vs. a hotel guest). 2 West was a solid restaurant, and I enjoyed my evening there, but I would not recommend it to a local for its price level. The food was good and the wine selection was large, but I adjusted my review down from a 4 to a 3 given the unjustifiably high price and the fact that in NYC there are so many good alternatives nearby. The ambience is comfortable, but you can tell you are in a hotel restaurant because it is almost too spaced out and does not fit with the NYC intimate dinner "vibe". Service was fast, courteous, and professional, and it was the most memorable part of my visit there. Wine was warm.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week diningNoneVIPDined on 2/27/2014Food was fine but ambience was disappointing. Service was just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding placelumosDined on 2/24/2014Really enjoyed the classy ambience and the really splendid food. Staff were warm and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hello? Anyone there?LaraLooLooDined on 2/21/2014Only two tables occupied when we arrived yet we waited for about 15 minutes until the waiter came over with menu's apologizing for the delay. We order soft drinks and wait about another 15 minutes till they take our order. Another 15 minutes come by when they bring our appetizers. Still no drinks brought to us and when I ask about them he seems annoyed that we mentioned it. Lunch follows in good time as well as dessert. And then, we were deserted, literally. Cant find anyone to get a check and when we do I have to wait forever to get them to comeback to take the credit card. Is this really the Ritz-Carlton? You should be ashamed of the service you gave to us, native New Yorkers whose business you have lost, foolishness.
- Picture Perfect Location!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/20/2014A big staff, great food and Location. Location, Location!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkayfoodieVIPDined on 2/19/2014its not anything special. the portions are small and its over priced.
- Service is Great, Food is Variable.ChuckVIPDined on 2/17/2014The service here is always great. The servers go out of their way to make sure that guests have a good time. The kitchen is another story entirely. The quality of the food itself is not what you would historically expect from the Ritz Carlton franchise. However, occasionally, the chef can work magic and turn out really good food. This is more likely to happen at brunch (but not always, as I have had burnt pancakes and undercooked eggs w/ hair in them). At other times, you are more likely to get a less talented or less accommodating chef and the food can be downright disappointing.Special Features:
- Ritz dinner/ Days Inn decourbriguyDined on 2/15/2014I thought the food was really good and the service was pretty outstanding. A little too bright in the main dining area and the ambiance could've been a little less hotel dining room-ish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service can be improvedrk1983Dined on 2/14/2014Was there with my wife for valentines day dinner. I ordered a 5 course valentines day dinner and my wife ordered a regular entree. I got 3 of my 5 course in first 30mins but had to wait for an hour for other 2. My wife had to wait for 1.5hr to get her food. Like the ambience and its very quiet. Food is good except for desert. Our water glasses were empty for atleast 20mins before they noticed and refilled.service we expected for the money we paid doesnt meet the expectations.Special Features:
- Do not go for Valentine’s Day!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014I am not sure if it was because the kitchen was under staffed or they were trying to pull off a not so complex Valentine’s Day special menu but the meal was awful. It took almost 2.5 hr. for us to get our mains. The array of appetizers we received weren’t noteworthy or filling. When our main course finally arrived the steak was completely over cooked. We ordered the steak medium but this was the most well done steak I had ever seen and our water agreed. It was so bad that they didn’t charge us for the entire meal which, was the right thing to do. It might be worth trying on another night.
- Hidden but worth finding!OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 1/24/2014The restaurant which is located in the back of the Ritz Carlton Battery Park City hotel is not well advertised but definitely worth a visit. The duck and the filet mignon entrees are especially good. It's usually not very crowded and the service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingchoptlivaVIPDined on 12/26/2013Would expect much more from the restaurant at a Ritz Carlton. Well, this one disappoints big time. They try, I suppose. But the food quality is just not there. Service is adequate, but certainly not consistent with what one expects from a Ritz.
- Small place that is on theHappy1Dined on 12/1/2013Small place that is on the ground level, not expected based on the few images on the hotel's website. The decor was at a lower level than expected for the hotel's caliber (stained seats, etc. . .) Food (brunch) was not extraordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TERRIBLE SERVICE. CASUAL DININGOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/9/2013TERRIBLE SERVICE. CASUAL DINING YOU WOULD NOT THINK YOU ARE AT THE RITZ!!!
- A reliable choice; not spectacularPattyVIPDined on 10/26/2013A Saturday night in Battery Park. Nothing overly special, even though this is a Ritz Carlton hotel restaurant. The restaurant is ground level, across the street from the shore and so no water view; the food was above good, but when we visit New York, we've expect spectacular. Our waiters didn't have good English skills and weren't overly familiar with the menu and how the food was prepared, and couldn't help much with the wine list.
- 45th birthday dinnerBrownSwagggggahDined on 10/5/2013Went to 2west with two other friends for birthday dinner... From the moment we walked in we were greeted quiet warmly by the host.. I let him know about birthday girl and he took her info and say no worries it's all set.. Our waiter was polite and very knowledgable about the wines... He also recommended dishes from the menu we could try.. Didn't wait Long before our palates was in heaven ... That crab cake was out of this world good... The lobster Mac and cheese.. The veggie purse just to name a few.. Every bite was just awesome.. Our birthday girl was served champagne and special dessert.. We all sang happy birthday to top it off .. Can't wait to go back.. It is on my fave restaurant list ❤️❤️❤️Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2Wmts7Dined on 8/16/2013Wonderful ambience, wonderful food. Wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is good. It may not achieveOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2013Food is good. It may not achieve the level because of the location and the hotel it is in. It is a lot more casual than expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodleenieDined on 8/9/2013Convenient restaurant if going to museum or battery park. The food was well prepared and the service was very good. Since its in the Ritz Carlton, I expect that mostly guests eat there.Special Features:
- Everything was great but theJenniferLynnDined on 8/8/2013Everything was great but the food portions were very small and for that reason I do not know if I would return.Special Features:
- Wait staff is good about askingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/8/2013Wait staff is good about asking for allergies and food preferences. However, if asked to serve a dish without bacon, the bacon should be omitted. This was not case. Good supply of bread and waterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/7/2013Food was tasty. Portions for restaurant week were slightly small for what your spending. Service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.