2 South Food and Wine Bar
2 South 25th St
Colorado Springs, CO 80904Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
2 South Food and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://2southwinebar.com/
- Phone: (719) 351-2806
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from 2 South Food and Wine Bar
2South Food + Wine Bar Where Wine, Food + People Come together! Modern American Comfort with Vegetarian + Gluten Free Selections. Extensive List of Wines By the Glass + Local Colorado Brews on Tap. House Cured + Smoked Meats + Cheeses. Daily Specials! See you All Soon...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
2 South Food and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (11)great for outdoor dining (10)notable wine list (10)romantic (6)special occasion (5)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)good for groups (2)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Has potentialOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/1/2014Really cute place in an old house with great outdoor space. Menu is very limited, and the service wasn't good. The food they did have was pretty good, there just weren't enough choices. Prices are good too.
- The sum is greater than its parts.FirstTimerDined on 10/24/2014The food, service, ambiance, wine, etc., were all very, very good. Put that together, and the sum is greater than its parts. Outstanding evening and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2014We went to 2South because I was able to get a reservation at the last minute for my group of 6. The food and wine list were both outstanding, the service was great, and we all enjoyed ourselves! We will definitely be back and will bring others!Special Features:
- UniqueJamesDined on 10/3/20142 South continues to be a great alternative to the large, impersonal restaurants and bars in town. The changing menu makes it interesting, as well. The upstairs rooms are very loud, especially when live music is featured, but overall it's a great experience.Special Features:
- DeliciouscflashDined on 9/12/2014Very well done old West Side Victorian. Lots of character and ambiance. Heather was awesome. She was very knowledgeable about the wines and brought us a number of great ones to sample before we settled in on the Kaiken. Food was outstanding, especially the salmon cakes and crème brule. Highly recommended..Special Features:
- Great find!txnNcoDined on 8/9/2014We absolutely loved our experience at 2South, and will definitely be coming again. Such a lovely, quiet spot for lunch on a Saturday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had to return!DisappointedInDenverVIPDined on 8/8/2014Only being in the area for two nights, we had to return this evening to further explore the menu and wine list. We were not disappointed! The country-fried lamb sweetbreads made a great counterpoint to the Swiss onion soup. We enticed two couples staying at the same B&B to give them a try the same evening and they said their meals were fantastic...Special Features:
- Oh. Wow.DisappointedInDenverVIPDined on 8/7/2014We visited 2 South while in the Springs for a short vacation, based on OT reviews. We were not disappointed! The wine list is nothing short of amazing, and the staff is quite helpful and knowledgeable. Delights such as a grilled quail/white bean salad and roasted beef marrow with bordelaise & chimichurri are found alongside more traditional fare. If you are in Colorado Springs, place 2 South on your "must visit" list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner under the StarswinedinesublimeDined on 8/7/2014We recently dined here with another couple and experienced a wonderful evening of great food and wine outside on the front patio under the stars. The service was great and the atmosphere peaceful, funky and very relaxed. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 27 reviews are from the 2 South Food and Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Nice little placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Fun food and quite tasty. One thing to keep in mind though, which surprised us, is that they do not serve dinner until 6:00. We went in at 5:30 and could only order off the small plates menu. On the pristine side the small plates were delicious!Special Features:
- bananaboat2Dined on 7/19/2014Great food, rated service poor because the wait staff were not schooled on proper wine, sparkling wine presentation or knowledgable on menu. For the excellent quality of the food, the professionalism of the staff was very lacking. Otherwise, would highly recommend and will return again in the hopes of improvement on the attentiveness/knowlegde of the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Multiple visits - always goodShawnVIPDined on 7/2/2014My wife and I have been to 2 South a few times now and each time the visit has been great. The restaurant has great indoor (old remodeled home in Old Colorado City) and outdoor patio seating. Wife list is always changing and at the same time very accessible (vast majority of bottles are under $50) Food menu is simple, but very good - highly recommend the pizzas - some of the best dough in COS.Special Features:
- hidden gemJacquelynnVIPDined on 6/28/2014fabulous wine bar, food of perfect proportions and super tasty, knowledgeable staff, and awesome outdoor seating. Who could ask for anything else? We went back twice on our visit to Colorado Springs and it was the only place I deemed worth a repeat visit. The menu isn't the most varied, but everything we had was spot-on. Wood fired pizza was a new addition that week and was delicious. The Panzanella Salad was perfectly flavored and proportioned. The wine was unusual and delicious, and sitting outside among the stars on a quiet street with fairy lights strung overhead was the perfect setting for romance.Special Features:
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/20/2014We sat outside and listened to live music on a beautiful Friday evening and had amazing food to go with it. My husband had the lamb t-bone. I tried a bite and it just melted in your mouth. I'm not a huge lamb-fan myself but I would order this dish in a heartbeat. We started with the fig appetizer and it was outstanding. Magical evening and outstanding food! You need to try this place. We have never been disappointed and we've been there 4-5 times.Special Features:
- Love 2 South!winealotDined on 4/25/2014It's a staple for us to dine, for any occasion. This last particular evening we sat outside, listened to great music and enjoyed wonderful food and wine! A couple of weeks ago we sat upstairs and had a nice romantic dinner. We have been going there since they opened and Rod, the owner, is always very friendly and personable. You can't go wrong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to impressfunold51Dined on 4/19/2014This was our 3rd visit and 2 South continues to impress. We really appreciate the wide selection of quality wines made available by the glass. Selected items were the lamp chops and grouper - which were both excellent. Dessert wasn't what we expected but they made it right on the check. We are looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Relax, no stuffiness hereCSNativeDined on 4/11/2014Slow down, take your time. The owners and waitstaff truly want to make your dining an easy, fun experience. The bar area tables have almost a coffeehouse feel, inviting conversation at the table. The menu is creative without getting too funky and varied enough for the carnivore and vegan in the group. The wine list offers a number of wines by the glass and several less commonly seen varietal at fair prices. "Ultrafine dining?" No. But that isn't the reason to go to 2 South. Go for consistently good food in a more than comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Event30thbdayDined on 3/1/2014My husband and I have the same birthday and are new to Co Springs, we tried 2 South in December and it was wonderful. We brought a large group here to celebrate with us, many of them making a long trip to get here and join us. My food was not very good, I left hungry after ordering the pumpkin gnocchi and eggplant. One of my guest was constantly forgotten by the waitress, who forgot to bring her a glass of wine, her soup and brought her the wrong entree. She did not offer to comp anything or give her at least a complimentary glass of wine for the terrible service. I was embarrassed after talking up the restaurant so much to my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's SuccessJoshDined on 2/14/2014Perfect for a unique and memorable evening out, 2 south was just the ticket for our Valentine's date. We found the food to be great, the wine list to be long, the staff knowledgeable and the overall experience a huge win. If you're looking for something different, this is the place for small, intimate gatherings. When the weather warms up, the outdoor seating area looks great as well. We'll certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let them be your sommelier!DiffDined on 2/14/2014I had a wonderful Valentines day dinner with my wife here. I ordered a wine flight and left it to the server's discretion with a charcuterie board and she knocked it out of the park. My only complaint was the food was very salty, but we did order a charcuterie board with lamb bacon so there you go. There service was great and I really liked the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed Trying 2 SouthCW458DJDined on 1/10/2014It was cozy and the food was fantastic, not to mention reasonably priced. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was so-soanthrocatDined on 12/13/2013This would be great for wine and cheese on patio in warm weather. Food is ok but the desserts are ridiculous! Trying too hard to be different without focusing on quality.Special Features:
- Unique local wine barBTurkDined on 11/30/2013We love it here, wine list is great and seasonal menu is excellent! Setting is adorable in old Victorian- style home in Old Colorado City. Sitting outside around fire pits in fall or warmer weather is something we look fwd to. Have started taking visitors here; other friends have mentioned if you are able to find a seat at the bar, bartender is extremely knowledgable and happy to give tasting samples for patrons to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time, but we'll be backAndyWVIPDined on 11/30/2013We went to check out 2 South Food and Wine Bar. Overall impression was good, started with the ravioli and spinach salad which was large enough to share. My wife had the Tuscan BLT and was pleased. I had the Confit Duck Shank with Duck Sausage which as quite tasty. Though that wine selection was a bit limited for a "wine bar", but OK. We had a bottle of teh Broken Earth Quadrant which was pleasant.Special Features:
- Kitchen and menu did not matchLisaMVIPDined on 11/1/2013First visit. Nice patio and building, but if you are wearing your 'date night' high heels, don't sit upstairs. The stairs are narrow and hard to negotiate in heels. Ordered the 5 item fromage and charcuterie board. Very good meats and cheeses, but the menu stated some dried fruits were included but there were none. I had the Tuscan BLT. It was missing the poached egg. My boyfriend had the Italian Beef sandwich and said it was very good. We both ordered glasses of wine. Very short pour, maybe a third of the glass. Half a glass would have been more appropriate for the price charged. Our waiter was not around very often. Water refills were never offered and the water glasses are very small.Special Features:
- Good wine, bad serviceDanielVIPDined on 10/25/2013Tried the restaurant for the first time, nice atmosphere, good selection of wines, food is ok, but the service was just terrible. Sat for almost 25 minutes before the wait staff first asked for drink orders. Not sure what was going on, maybe we caught them on the bad night? Other little things, like water glasses not refilled and other long absences. Hard to figure, but I would not go back.
- The place was very cute andlocovoreDined on 10/18/2013The place was very cute and the staff were very nice as well. The real down side was that all the food was served cool. So the duck dish that I had was cool duck on a puff pastry sheet with undressed lettuce underneath. When it is served cool everything tastes fatty and the flavors could not come through. I think it would have been tasty had it been served warm. I will give it another try because I really like the location, but no restaurant is good without good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindbehanclanDined on 10/1/2013We liked it so much we came back twice in one week. Nothing else like it in Colorado Springs area. Small/shared plates are terrific. Entre choice a little limited but very good. Great patio too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool little wine bar with fun food!swattDined on 9/19/2013Great ambiance in old house in Old Colorado City. Good wine list with fun finger foods and outrageous skinny fies! Service was super good, great place to meet and drink with friends.Special Features:
- Great Wine, Cool Atmos, and Bacon!GregtiniVIPDined on 8/31/2013A pinot noir and a tasty charcuterie board featuring three types of bacon is a great way to start. The crispy kale is surprisingly tasty, but the steak sandwich is the home run. The service is attentative, and I respect a restaurant where the owners/managers are actively involved in the hospitality process. Aside from the cozy victorian house, I am impressed with the outdoor dining area. I believe the wood burning fireplaces adds to the comfort of the entire experience. And, the main reason I would be coming back and bringing my friends is because of the value. The quality and quantity of food for its price is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the roughOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2013Ours was a first time visit and it delivered big on the food but not so much in ambiance. Had reservations but because there was a band playing outdoor seating was at a minimum. The patio is in need of some plants lighting and perhaps candles to improve the patio dining experience. The service was fair and although it was busy (Saturday night) there could have been more staff on hand to attend to the guests. The staff was knowledgeable about the food and wine list which sort of made up for the delays. LOVED the food despite the other issues and will go back--would like to give the indoor dining a try--if that doesn't wow me I probably won't go back..it's not enough these days for the only component of dining to be good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of personality!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/13/2013We made a reservation that OT had incorrectly shown was available. The cool manager was very apologetic, introduced himself, and invited us to come back if we were still in the area. As soon as the kitchen was ready (still 30 minutes before the opening time), he texted me to let us know and luckily we were nearby. Great cheese & charcuterie plate, decent wine. Highly enjoyed the large plate of skinny, parmesan rosemary fries! One negative was we were brought an Italian bottle of flat water as they had run out of the bottled sparkling water we originally ordered, but we were too surprised to turn it down. Should have gone with the Izze soda instead. Super cute house, great for a laid-back date!Special Features:
- Great live music outside andPlantbasedfoodieDined on 7/27/2013Great live music outside and put fires into the evening... Would love a few more vegan options; wine was fabulous...Special Features:
- Wonderful night outMariDined on 7/26/2013We were a bit nervous to try this place due to the mixed reviews but we were so glad we did! The food was delicious! The waitress' recommendations were on point! I'm not a huge wine drinker but the wine she recommended was so good! I'm officially a fan! They had a nice jazz band playing on the deck. We had such a nice time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing but could improveanonVIPDined on 5/19/2013When we commented that the kale chips (which were whole leaves -- not chips) were too oily, the response was that they got that a lot. Then why don't they listen to their customers? The Zucchini Primavera hardly contained anything other than zucchini. I liked my Cedar Plank Salmon, but the "calamari noodles" made it an odd dish. The restaurant has promise, but they need to re-evaluate some of the items on the menu and/or re-evaluate how they are described on the menu.Special Features:
- Great food and wine list!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/26/2013Great food and wine list! Reasonably priced wine flights. Great service! One of our favorite restaurants in the Springs!Special Features: