315 Waterman Ave
East Providence, RI 02914Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://2paulscitygrille.com/
- Phone: 4012287285x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm; Sunday 2:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Paul Shire
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: we will make arrangements for large parties
- Private Party Contact: Chef Paul 4012287285x
- Entertainment: Karaoke on Thursday, trivia on Friday, live music on Saturday
A word from 2 Paul's
2 Pauls City Grille located at 315 Waterman Ave in East Providence is known for its neighborhood comfort cuisine. Diners can choose from a wide selection of cooked to order entrees, salads and appetizers. Our ingredients are the freshest and the best quality available to us. We offer a famous a la carte brunch on Sunday mornings. Daily specials are available at the bar and in our dining room. We also have late night entertainment Friday and Saturday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
2 Paul's - Best Restaurants in Providence ›
2 Paul's reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)good for groups (11)fit for foodies (11)special occasion (9)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (4)romantic (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great foodMuncho1VIPDined on 9/20/2014Paul Shire back, great! Reminds me of the original Down City Dinner. You gotta try this place. Great food, reasonable prices. Usually steak frites is just s few slices of hanger steak. This was a nice piece of sirloin cooked to perfection, with hand cut fries. Will be back again soon.Special Features:
- 2 Paul's was great!!GeneralDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I were looking for a new dining experience and 2 Paul's was great. The food and service were great. Plenty of good menu choices. We also enjoyed the live music very much on 9/13.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paul's Back!!!GoagainDined on 9/6/2014Great to have Paul Shire BACK! He lives and loves cooking.Special Features:
- tzam15Dined on 8/30/2014We have been to 2Paul's at least once a month for the last year. The food is always outstanding and the service is very good. We will continue to visit the restaurant and recommend it to our family and friends.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/20146 of us had dinner here last Saturday. Food was awesome. Try the Eggplant cakes appetizer. They were recommended to us. They are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Good Meal at 2 PaulsLeeLaDined on 8/23/2014This is a favorite 'go to' spot. The food is interesting and always good. Also, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 Paul's Has Gotten a Bad RapAtasteforfoodDined on 8/1/2014I found this restaurant via a search for restaurants in East Providence, and I was surprised when we got right in on a Friday (there were 7 of us). But the food was terrific. We had the spicy calamari for an appetizer. Two of us had the steak tenderloin tip special ("Oh my God, this is so good," one person said at first bite), two of us had the fish and chips special (VERY generous portion of crispy haddock and fries, with a free cup of a very tasty New England clam chowder), one person had ravioli, one a beautiful salmon, and the last person had tuna, I believe. We all ate so much of our main courses and the appetizer, we had no room for dessert. Finally, after dinner, it was Karaoke night. Fun!! We'll go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findThe3BuddiesDined on 7/22/2014Two friends and I get together every month for dinner and we like to try different restaurants. Our favorites are frequent repeats. 2 Pauls will definitely be on our repeat list. The food was delicious. They had extended Restaurant Week and accommodated the three of us under the special pricing. Our server was very efficient and personable. And on the way out we met Paul Shire and we were able to express our accolades to him personally.Special Features:
- Great MealLeeLaDined on 7/19/2014We are semi-regulars at 2 Pauls and dined here on Saturday night. We were a group of 5 and we each enjoyed our meals very much, Great selection, great and fresh ingredients, interesting food combinations and presentations. what more can I say?Special Features:
- Will go againTime2eatDined on 7/18/2014Excellent food! Ended up eating everything because it was so good. Service was phenomenal. One of the best waitress's I have ever had.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014There was a very friendly, helpful staff who accommodated our large group easily. The crab cakes, sweet potato fries and calamari were tasty and the house red wine was a quality bargain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Everything was great food and service Terrific Michelle was very fiendlySpecial Features:
- Excellent Dinner!JazzyMikeDined on 7/12/2014We decided to try 2 Paul's during a Restaurant Week promotion and were pleasantly surprised. The food and atmosphere were great. Our server Michele was fantastic ... attentive and friendly. A jazz trio played in the background. Would definitely recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014The food choices were varied and our choices were delicious and cooked to our preferences. Our waitress was friendly and competent. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Dinner for FourRayMikeDined on 7/9/2014Went to 2 Pauls with friends from Brookline, during Providence Restaurant Week, out first experience dining here and were very satisfied with our meals. Selection from the menu, which surprisingly was their regular menu, very unusual for Restaurant Week. The Spinach Quesadilla was a welcome surprise. WE were all very pleased and satisfied with our selections for dinner.Special Features:
- Food always excellentFridayVIPDined on 7/1/2014One if my fav restaurants that are local. I has a grilled pork with mash and a very rich gravy and hubby had the cod with shrimp.,,i knew he found his a little oily. There is a menu with a lot of dishes at $10.00. There was not a lot of people in, but it was on a Tuesday..I hope that they are doing well as I love this place.Special Features:
- Great foodFridayVIPDined on 6/20/2014Waiter did not offer us bread, and when I was finished he took my food and put it into a container right in front of me. Usually, they take the plate out back and do that......otherwise excellent food, I had the pork..amazing. The food is right up there with any "top" restaurant in the state...looking forward to going back often.
- Great for Brunch!JeatsoutDined on 6/15/2014We visited for Father's Day and the food was great!! Generous portions and everyone in our party of six enjoyed their selection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeFridayVIPDined on 6/3/2014As usual had a great meal. I had the meatloaf and hubby had the short ribs, large portions, great flavor and cannot wait to go back!Special Features:
- Unexpected!kenessDined on 5/31/2014We wanted a restaurant with a varied selection for our picky eaters, but were pleasantly surprised at how good everything was, starting with the focaccia bread and fresh hummus (can we have some more, please!). The beef kabobs with fresh veggies and tzaziki were a real treat, as was the substantial salad with fresh tuna and the homemade soup. Portion sizes were substantial, even for some substantial eaters. Service was great -- helpful, knowledgeable and friendly, and attentive even as things started getting pretty busy. Only regret -- we ran out of time to try their dessert menu, which looked scrumptious. Next time, definitely!Special Features:
- The following 39 reviews are from the 2 Paul's reviews archive.
- Nice SurprisemindeeDined on 5/25/2014The place wasn't very busy but it was very noisy. The food was however unexpectedly good - had the kabobs (chicken and beef) both were well seasoned and cooked - very tasty :) A bit pricey - expect to spend about $100 for dinner for two with cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great!CharlieDined on 5/25/2014We have been to 2 Paul's on several occasions and the food is consistently great. There never seems to be a crowd there, so it is very quiet. This place is definitely worth a visit.Special Features:
- 2 Paul'sXtremeDined on 5/11/2014Met Paul the owner at the restaurant great personality and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Meal!LeeLaDined on 5/10/20142 Pauls's consistently provides a great meal, excellent service and a very pleasant environment. Lots of interesting choices and ample portions.Special Features:
- 2 Paul's 2 Good!PamRDined on 4/26/2014We visited 2 Paul's on a Saturday after visiting my daughter at PC. It was fantastic! Our waiter, the hostess, the owner...all super nice! The bread was fresh out of the oven and delicious served with hummus. The polenta fries were so good and the calamari app was huge and some of the best I've had. There was a prime rib special which was very good, the salmon delicious and the chicken Parmesan was HUGE! As good as the food was, the people were better. We had mentioned that we were celebrating a birthday and without asking we were brought a delicious brownie sundae complete with candles and singing! Great spot, we will definitely be back!!Special Features:
- :). :). :)GrammaRaeDined on 4/19/201420 years ago we loved Paul's food at Downcity...were there weekly. Then we followed him tomOak...were there monthly. Now we are excited to find 2 Paul's. Same amazing food. Some updates. Polenta Fries and Paultumbucca were wonderful, have over Paparadelle! we're wonderful surprises and old standbys Meatloaf and the best Bread Pudding around brought us back to one of our first meals many years ago. Nice guitarist it he night we were there. Only negative...not liking the paper table covers. Wonderful night.Special Features:
- This restaurant is very enjoyable.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2014This restaurant is very enjoyable. Their cocktails are excellent; the menu has a variety of offerings and there are always interesting specials. Food is delicious and the servers are very accommodating. Overall value is very good. 2 Paul's is not only worth a visit but repeat visits as well!Special Features:
- Great Dining in East Providence, RILeeLaDined on 4/12/2014Overall 2 Paul's is a great find. The food and food choices are very good, as is the service. The attitude is pleasant and customer focused. We were there on a fairly busy night but the noise level was very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extra FriendlyriseNdineDined on 3/29/2014I dined here on a Saturday night with a group of 4, its a cute little spot with a nice ambiance. For a group of twenty - somethings, we were probably some of the younger ones there but it didn't bother us much since we were looking for a relaxing evening. We ended up using a Groupon which we felt ended up being a good deal (steaks are a $5 upcharge fyi). The food was good...I can't say it was 5 star but it was decent enough for us to consider coming back. The drinks were excellent (I'd definitely recommend the 2pauls punch) and the staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. They were super attentive and made sure out experience was a good one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 6 yr anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014My wife and I tried this place out for our 6 yr anniversary and were impressed. We both ordered chicken Parmesan. The dish was quickly served (within 20 minutes) and we were surprised at the portion. It was generous to say the least. The chicken 3/4 plate length, the breading was unique and a delightful surprise over the basic breading you find almost everywhere. Overall it was a pleasant experience. I was looking to possibly get some cognac for an after meal treat but decided to pass because they only had VS on the list and I without question prefer at least a vsop. I look forward to trying more menu items in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Veal dishesThomasVIPDined on 3/27/2014Personal friendly staff. Great food. Love the appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Time after time, it's still great!paulineDined on 3/23/2014We've been eating at 2 Paul's since it opened, and have been there repeatedly since then. The ambiance is comfortable and warm, the service is outstanding, and the food is incredible! Out of the many times we've been there, with various family members and friends, never once have we heard a complaint! I recommend it to all - it is truly a fabulous dining experience!I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I went here formechanical74Dined on 2/16/2014My wife and I went here for Valentines day. The place was amazing and food was excellent. I don't really need to say much other than the food was AMAZING and service was prompt. Must see restaurant . Please go by and have a lunch or dinner you won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All about the foodOrionPVDDined on 2/14/2014The reviews are pretty accurate. Go here with the knowledge that the food is totally worth it. The service... They seem to try really hard, but either just don't get it or were never shown how. Will definitely go back again for either the meatloaf or chicken parm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Night NoBearDined on 2/14/2014Portions were good , food is delicious . Chicken piccata was great. Server was friendly but over worked . Appetizer came out 35 mins later then food about 5 mins later . Seating felt like we were speed dating , on top of each other in rows with little privacy . Great place for quick dinner but not a romantic spot at all .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two Pauls for Valentines DayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Four of us were headed to the PPAC to see a show on Valentines day. We ate early to leave plenty of time to get into town for the show. My girlfriend and I have been here once before. We had a great experience the last time and this time the food and service were as good as they were before. We had the fried calamari as an appetizer, the calamari is battered right there and is excellent. I had Meatloaf this time, it was good but could have used more gravy. The mashed potatos were good, but the string beans that went with them were excellent. My girlfriend had NY Sirloin that she said was perfect, and my brother had the Maryland crab cakes. The service was excellent. The server was attentive, this even though it was not that busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was well prepared andSusieQDined on 1/24/2014Food was well prepared and tasty. Great comfort food. I will return.Special Features:
- Glad we tried it!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/24/2014I discovered 2 Paul's when searching through Groupon for somewhere to go on a date night. I discovered they were taking part in Providence' s restaurant week. We were pleased with our experience and both agreed that we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was average. Potato skinsAverageDined on 1/24/2014Food was average. Potato skins were dry and tasteless. Entree's were ok but would not rush back. Service was not great.
- 2 Paul'stjjeVIPDined on 1/18/2014Excellent food, but the service was lacking. It was extremely busy, but that is not an excuse. The friendliness was there, but not the follow-up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.